Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy
Ayo, I'm Peachie! I'm 31 so hopefully there are others here my age. I'd really, really rather not interact with minors so I've been a little nervous to post but the first step is always the hardest, yeah?

I haven't roleplayed on forums since 2010 and I haven't done text based roleplay since 2014. What I have been doing is draw, play tabletop or simply do world building(alone or with others). I've recently wanted to get back into some old hobbies and be excited about my own characters and ideas again. What better way than to go back to my roots? c:

I've browsed around the 1x1 connections a little but it's been so long since I've played that I'm not sure where my skill level is anymore. I'm sure I could bang out 1-3 paragraphs but my days of 5+ will take some practice. I'm not sure if there's a place on the forums for practicing? With prompts or something? I'm not sure how this works anymore really (lol) so any tips would be great. I'll probably get around to posting a partner search thread in the next week or two now that I've gotten over my first-post-nervousness :p

(Not really sure about tags. Is it like tumblr? Probably not lol)

Welcome to Iwaku! We're really stoked to have you here and glad you've chosen our corner of the interwebs to get back into writing.

Here at Iwaku, we have a handy guide for you to look over whenever you get the chance. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to any member of staff.

Good luck to you and happy writing! ✨

Reactions: peachiewizard
Welcome to iwaku!

Welcome to Iwaku, peachiewizard!

There are definitely people around your age here, don't worry, friend. We're happy to have you join our cozy little roleplay home, no matter how long your stay. There's not exactly a place to practice, per se, but we do have a testing area where people put stuff to try it out as well as a showcasing area that might interest you for that purpose as well? We also have Writing Guides and the like that might be useful to you, and within that section, there are prompts and character work activities.

The tags are just for genres and the like, both for in character roleplays and search threads. Here is a list of them!

Hope this helps! Have a great day <3

• Thank You
Hey! Welcome to Iwaku! It's a pleasure to have you! I'm kinda new-ish myself, so we're in the same boat here.

Everyone I've met is super nice here; I'm sure you'll have no trouble settling in!

Aww, thanks folks! I think I'm figuring things out. Code though will take some practice lmao

Welcome, Peachie! I hope you have a good time here!

howdy, peachie!! welcome to the funky fun cool life of being an iwaku user ;D

i hope to see you around a bunch!!
5e48c6ed0db25888e85f537b64e86b9c.gif