Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Anytime after 10pm PST because I do have three children.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
I enjoy low fantasy historical, comic book, slice of life, etc. I prefer gritty genres like world of darkness, crime, and more. I don't mind if they are modern or period roleplays. It's hard to pin down a favorite. Truly.
Hello, I am Mombie. As the username implies, I am an overtired mother of three that operates on caffeine, the mild enthusiasm my job might bring, and the joy of writing. I moved here from Roleplay Gateway due to the fact that the admin there doesn't like me and doesn't care for their site any longer. I love the way Roleplay Gateway works as a site, but could no longer tolerate the neglect from administration and being told that I "complain too much" despite my "complaining" being legitimate concerns that many others had. Since the majority of those that were bringing what little life RPG has left is also moving (also the site is down a million times a month for days), it was decided this was the best place to bring our private roleplays Descendents, and Leave of the King. It helps that my RP partner has former experience here and is pretty much a coding genius and made it easy.

I am very happy to see active administration and staff here that actually roleplay and are part of the community. While I haven't BBC coded in like... a billion years, I look forward to getting back into it and enjoying forum roleplay on a functioning and lively site again.

Anywho, I have been roleplaying for 20+ years. I consider myself a novel-length writer. I enjoy almost all genres. At the moment, I am not likely to join big group roleplays. I feel like I have gone through too much heartache in those types of roleplays, so it's hard for me to trust them. I prefer long-term partners. I don't do a lot of OOC chatter unless I am comfortable. I enjoy creating RPs and supporting others' creations, developing intricate and organic character relationships, and dynamic plots, to name a few things.

I'm a busy woman, so my posting is quite slow. I am not really looking for any new things right now. I'm getting a full-time job soon, so time is not on my side. Just saying hello, so that it doesn't look like I just barged in!

Heyyyy it's okay, we've all our little things we stress over! I'm excited to see what you craft up and how you'll mix in our little humble stew of brains.

I'm by no means intelligent about BBC I mean, I know basic stuff but beyond that not a chance in heckins. I'm curious though, what kind of group rps are you looking for? What are your interests in general?? I do love me some complex thonks so if you ever wanna DM me with details or ideas feel free! I love hearing and having convos of what is going through anyones minds. I have my own thread that does in that roleplay extra if you'd like to join, just lemme know and I'll add you. It goes into extreme depth so feel free to waddle over and say ayo!

Everybody posts their own speed, so totally understandable! Sometimes I am lightning quick other times slower than a snail. I've been here for about a week now and have a very keen sense of belonging so far, so if you're ever curious about anything, just ask any one of us and we'd love to get back to you!

Have a wonderful time here! I know I sure am.

Reactions: Mombie
Welcome to Iwaku! I hope you meet lots of great players to write with! ^^

Welcome, welcome ;3

and since everyone is in a sharing mood... I know nothing about BBC coding

(also--- isn't the term "BB code"? Sice I know the acronym "BBC" in a slightly different context^^.. just curious)

Welcome, welcome ;3

and since everyone is in a sharing mood... I know nothing about BBC coding

(also--- isn't the term "BB code"? Sice I know the acronym "BBC" in a slightly different context^^.. just curious)

Hah! It probably is BB code. I am not sure why I put BBC code. I was quite literally running on four hours of sleep today. Looking back at my discord messages, I think I use BBC just as is and never write "code" after it. No one ever corrects me. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: PaulaVonMalotki
Welcome to Iwaku, Mombie! We're super excited to have you here and hope that you're already enjoying yourself.

If you need any help, please do not hesitate to reach out to any intern or staff member for assistance. We're really happy to help out!

Good luck to you and happy writing! 🤍🖤

Welcome to Iwaku, Mombie!

Happy to see you getting settled in here. I'm sorry to hear about your last RP home. I felt that way too, when I left RPN in 2017. The whole process of moving can be difficult, even between sites, but hopefully you're finding it comfortable enough here! Like the others have said, let us know if you need any help finding anything.

By the way, if you're interested in trying your hand at coding, there is our coding lab, where multiple people post templates and the like! Just make sure that if you're using anyone's code, you have permission to do so :D You can also just look for inspiration or for tutorials there as well!

Have a great day <3

Hello and welcome, Mombie!

It's okay if you're a slow poster, life gets in the way and I'm sure with 3 kiddos it doesn't make it any easier, but regardless, I'm sure a bunch of people who would love to write with you will understand 😊

Have a lovely day <3

Welcome to iwaku, Mombie!
Hope this place gives you less stress! <3