1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Hey there!

Jargo here. I've been roleplaying on this site on and off for more than 5 years.
I find myself coming back now because I have a specific story idea that's best developed through roleplay.
Here it goes:

Premise:

Character 1 and Character 2 are both citizens of an advanced civilization, one which has developed interstellar flight at near-light speed.​
For one reason or another (this can be deliberate sabotage, accident, ship AI malfunction, anything really--let's build this inciting accident together!), both of them escape their starship via shuttles or escape pods and find themselves on a planet that's just entering the bronze age.​
Each character lands on a different part of the same continent and, after accomplishing some heroic or another (again, entirely up to us to build together), each of them is made the leader of their local community.​

And here's the main twist:
  • Character 1 (my character) decides to take all of this as a bit of a joke. He crowns himself king, claims magical powers, divine ancestry and a whole host of titles. Basically makes the whole ordeal into one big VIP party, where he's the VIP.
  • Character 2 (your character) takes all this very, very seriously. They decide to do anything in their power to help "their" people, prevent them from dying and make their lives as good as they can be under the circumstances. This is the only prerequisite for your character.
  • How they choose to theat the individuals within their community and what they choose to reveal to it is entirely up to you.

Interaction:
Character 1 and Character 2 are barely aware of one another. That is, each of them knows they were not alone to escape (due to the nature of the inciting accident that we'll worldbuild together) but have no idea of who they are or what they look like. At least for the first several posts, the interactions would be entirely through the stories, rumors, travelers and political repercussions that each Character's decisions have on the other Character's domain. It is up to each of us to interpret the other Character's actions through the eyes/ears of the people of this world, and thus to create the rumors that reach our Character.​

Something wicked this way comes:
There is something wrong on this planet. It can be magical in origin, or it can be entirely technological. Whatever it is, it's stirring, and its effects are beginning to be felt around the world. Soothsayers begin to appear that talk about it, and among the dregs of society, people are starting to throw their allegiance with this unknown new master.​
What will our two heroes do about it?​
Right, if this has caught anyone's fancy, please let me know, either in this thread or in a DM.
If this request gets filled, I'll mark the thread closed, so as long as you see it open you can apply.

I'm normally pretty busy, but I'll do my best to throw in one or two pretty detailed posts each week.
I'll expect you to be able to deliver the same.
I don't have any specific requirements toward a prospective partner, other than being able and willing to fill in blanks and worldbuild together with me.

Looking forward to talking to you!
Bye.

Last edited:
This sounds extremely interesting to me. How long o you like your detailed posts? Also how will we be interacting? I've got a lot of questions, but a lot of intrigue!

Hey @Juneberry, how are you?
First of all, thanks for your interest.

I haven't thought about just how long the posts should be; I suppose as much as necessary to advance the plot and introduce new content for the other person to build off of. I think a few to several paragraphs will do.

As for the interaction--we could use the DMs here in Iwaku, but since there's a lot of worldbuilding to do, especially early on, I'd suggest we use some sort of instant messaging platform. I'd reckon most people have a discord these days, you can reach out if you want at Agent 0#2073 if you want.

Cheers!

The request has been filled, so I've changed the opening tag.
You can consider this thread closed.
Thanks to all who showed interest.