How We Live Now.

Grabbing her stomach tighter she ignored the first question. "No, there isn't really a need for a fire. Look do you know about the Solar Movement?" She extended a hand as if asking for his trust to look. The katana still hung limply at her side. She wasn't a fan of keeping her weapon far from her at any moment. "Oh, and I helped you because I had to. Don't look more into it."

"The solar movement? I have no idea what you are talking about, but I've got to get this sword out of my side. If I don't, it'll poison my bloodstream and fire will keep it from getting infected," he said. Suddenly he started to feel dizzy and staggered. "Nobody helps someone else without wanting something out of it. I helped you because Ronnie wanted me to, and that's that," he fell to his knees in agony, unable to keep a straight face. 'I've come so far; I can't seriously die now!' he thought desperately. He was scared out of his mind; what would Ronnie do without him?

((this is what Ronnie looks like: http://abbeydaledogwalking.webs.com/German Shepherd x Border Collie x Labrador Retriever.jpeg

Aiko grabbed his chin with her hand. Ignoring the growls of Ronnie, she grabbed the sword. "You will still die if we cauterize the wound and just leave it at that. Do you trust me?" Without bothering waiting for an answer again she let go of the sword. She quickly gathered pieces of sticks that were littered around the place. Making a teepee out of the smaller sticks she tore off pieces of the bandages on her feet and some more parts of her shirt to use as tinder. From around her neck she pulled out a satchel. Inside there were two small yellow lighters with barely any fluid left. She picked out the fuller of the two and worked towards building the small fire. During this process she carefully listened, making sure no one would be disturbed by the minimal smoke the mound would be making.
Her fingers tried to move as fast as possible but hunger was making her shiver. She didn't have any clue what she was going to use to actually cauterize the wound.
Bandaging is going to be a pain too. Suddenly Aiko felt her chest start to tighten and her air become restricted. No..no, not now.

Luke noticed her breathing issues. "Don't waste your time trying to help me; if you look in my bag, there should be some food there. eat it, it will help," he told her. He knew what she was doing, and saw the same dilemma. Then he thought of something; the sword was made of metal! He closed his eyes and grabbed hold of the sword, clenching his jaw shut. 'This is going to hurt like hell, and I'll need to use my shirt to use to stop the bleeding until the wound is seared shut,' he thought to himself. he counted to three, and began to pull. He fought the urge to scream his lungs out from the pain, the only sound was a muffled scream. Ronnie whined and circled the two, scared for Luke.

Aiko doubled over from the pain in her lungs. She couldn't breathe or take in air. Her lungs did not want to inflate with air, leaving her gasping for breath. The scar tissue on her lungs were hardening, numbering her days even more. The pain then released its hold on her. Once it eased away she was able to gain her sight and hearing back. "Luke..." Her voice was just a whisper. She coughed a bit trying to conceal the drops of blood that splattered out.
After she was done hacking up blood, she made her way to Luke.
"Here are some bandages." She pulled more bandages from her skirt's waistband and laid it beside him. She was too worn out to help more.

Luke pulled out the sword and screamed. "GRAHHH!" he knew he had to get the wound seared fast of he'd bleed to death. He put the metal into the fire and waited until it was searing on, counted to three and shoved it onto the wound. he almost past out from the pain, but held on. He didn't notice the bandages, but he did notice the girl's sickness. "What's wrong with you?" he asked.

Blood gushed from Aiko's mouth as she coughed. She gingerly rolled over on her stomach and pushed herself up onto all fours. On her knees she retched and spit more blood. "Don't worry. Something's wrong with my lungs is all." She needed to go to the cult. The disease was lying dormant in her. Every time she got this bad she had to go see one man. He had medicine. Enough for just her and him for a few years, but at the price of her body. She was upset at the idea of having to go to him just to live, but what other choice did she have? She wanted to look after Luke. She saw him as someone who could help her, but she couldn't in this state. "Luke, I'm sorry..." Her arms gave out and she collapsed on the floor in exhaustion.

Luke knelt down to her and rolled her on her side. If she puked she would choke or drown in it. His wound stopped bleeding after he seared it shut, so now his main priority was helping Aiko. "Stay with me Aiko," he growled. he wasn't close to her, but she had helped him so he wouldn't leave her. "Ronnie, keep her safe. I'm going to go find some water," he told his dog. Ronnie nodded and curled up next to Aiko.

Without any hesitation she reached out to stroke Ronnie's fur. She took off her hat and tousled her own hair; it had become heavy and damp with sweat. The kohl on her eyes had become smudged making her seem like a raccoon and her cheeks were rosy with a mounting fever. Aiko hadn't noticed Luke had left. In fact she really hadn't latched onto Luke as support, but she did Ronnie. She had always wanted her own dog. Something that depended on her, but her mother wouldn't allow her to have one.

Thoughts of her mother rushed in making it extremely hard to concentrate. Aiko hated her. The way her hair fell down to her waist, made Aiko jealous and angry. That damn hair was something her mother was so fond of. She didn't care about Aiko, only her son and that fucking hair.
Witch!

Luke traveled down the long drawn out pipe, a flashlight in hand. He didn't care if Aiko hated him at this point; she saved him, so he would return the favour then ditch her. There was no reason to why he had to keep her around. One person was dangerous enough and she'd just double it. Ronnie was all the company Luke believed he needed.

Stumbling to her feet Aiko dizzily searched for water. Not a drop could be found in the dark tunnel. Instead she found walls littered with writing. Sonnets, declarations of love, confessions, even a hate letter were carved or written into the stone walls. Holding her side with a shaking hand she traced the words of hatred someone left. "Who wanted to have their last thoughts be so negative?" She thought she heard Ronnie whine behind her, but didn't turn to look. The faces of her mother and brother started to haunt her as she mouthed the words on the wall.

A voice snapped her out of the trance. It was a man's voice, gruff from overuse and dirt clogging his windpipe. A yelp resounded through the tunnel. Aiko immediately crouched and snuck her way towards the entrance. Men with mask surrounded Ronnie, who had teeth bared. The men seemed unfazed and were closing in on the dog. One of the group suffered a vicious bite as he reached to grab the scruff of his neck. Pulling back the man tried to aim a kick at the dog that barely missed. Aiko knew she had to do something, she couldn't let this animal died.

Creeping forward even more she waited for a chance to pounce.
Steady...steady...now! Jumping out with full force she brought the blade down on one of the men's head. "Ronnie, come on boy!", she called to the dog, but he wouldn't leave not without his owner. Yanking the sword from the skull, she grabbed Ronnie around the middle and ran off into the tunnels with him. Ronnie tried to bite and struggle, but she held on tight. She didn't hear the men take chase. They had food, the corpse in front of them would do nicely.

Luke heard the comotion and ran back in time to see the girl stealing Ronnie. "No...NO!" he yelled and ran to catch up with them. He would not lose his only friend. He tripped and fell, knocking himself out. he was out of sight of the gang of cannibals, so he was safe where he lay. Ronnie whined and struggled to free himself to get to his master. It was no use, he couldn't free himself. The two had been together since he was just a puppy and to be taken away from his master now was too much for him to take.