3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Comedy, Medieval, Romance, Sci-Fi, Modern
Back when Berk was warring against the dragons, they made allies with another Viking tribe- those of the island Valkri. The two tribes worked together against the dragons, Berk even providing a copy of the book of dragons to those of Valkri.

But suddenly, relations between the two civilizations were cut off. Valkri continued its war path against the dragons, not knowing that Berk had begun training the dragons.

A young viking just getting into the business of slaying dragons happened to come across a sand wraith trapped in a fishing net on the far shore of Valkri, and couldn't bring herself to slay the beast. So she cut it free from the heavy nets and was shocked that it didn't try to attack her... Or flee. The young viking discovered the reason for this very quickly. Several wounds, most likely from the sharp rocks that lined the northern shore, were visible on the legs and stomach of the beast. It also looked like the sand wraith could use some water. Slowly and discretely, the viking girl earned the dragon's trust and was able to nurse it back to health, before beginning to train him.

Unfortunately, the other vikings soon discovered her and her dragon, and demanded that she train the dragons which they had captured over the past. Knowing that the dragons would be used for war, the young viking fled on the back of her dragon. Unknowingly, they ended up landing on Berk, which has changed quite a lot since way back when... If you could even consider going from slaying to training the beasts as 'quite a lot.'

Those of Berk are wary of those who aren't from the island, though they are curious of the girl. Perhaps they would help her free the dragons of Valkri...

RULES:
1.) Your character is a young viking (13-17) just starting Dragon Training on Berk.
2.) When your character chooses their dragon, it can not be an untrainable dragon such as a Bewilderbeast, Screaming Death, Red Death, or the other alpha dragons from the books. Also, nightfuries are incredibly rare, therefore they are also not allowed.
3.) Also, in choosing a dragon, it is preferred that you pick from the dragons featured in the movies, show, or games.
4.) Your dragon must be a dragon featured in the franchise.
5.) Do not argue on this thread.

SIGN-UP FORM:
Name:
Appearance:
Brief History:
Dragon Partner:
Dragon Species:
Dragon Appearance:

THE IN-CHARACTER THREAD:
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/how-to-train-your-dragon.109868/

ACCEPTED CHARRIES:
1.) Aeva, partnered with Alution
2.)
3.) Ragnar, partnered with Storm Rider
4.) Zack, partnered with Spinewing
5.) Fianna, partnered with Grell
6.) Avery, partnered with Genesis
7.) Dylan, partnered with Pheonix
8.)

WAITING LIST:

MY CHARRIE:
Name: Aeva
Appearance:

Brief History:
When she was young, her parents were killed when a dragon attacked her home on Valkri. She was taken in by an unaffectionate neighbor and forced into dragon training, the kind to kill dragons, at a young age. During this time, she began to disappear to the northern coast of Valkri. One day she noticed that something had made it past the sharp, jagged rocks to wash up on the sandy shore. She was shocked to see a sand wraith tangled in a fishing net. She couldn't bring herself to harm the creature who didn't do anything to her, and instead freed it from the net. When it didn't try to attack or flee, the viking knew something was wrong. She then noticed the wounds that marked the dragon's hide, and began the long process of taming the dragon and tending to his wounds.
One day, they were discovered by the other vikings, and they demanded that she train the dragons for use in battle. Somehow, her and her companion managed to escape... Though not without reopening one of the wounds on her dragon's leg.
Dragon Partner: Alution
Dragon Species: Sand Wraith
Dragon Appearance:

Last edited:
reserving a spot!

(Will edit and post cs here)

Name: Brendan
Appearance:
RP images.jpg
A bit skinny but no less fit than any other dragon rider.
Brief History: Brendan was four when his home caught fire. It is unknown what exactly started the blaze (though the general consensus is it had something to do with a dragon) that quickly engulfed the entire house, and scarred Brendan's cheek horribly, but it is known that it was a dragon that saved him. A young Scuttleclaw that flew in through one of the windows and dragged him to safety just as the building collapsed. The pair became inseparable and never left one another's side ever since. Brendan was taken in by a young couple who were friends with his parents and raised him as their own along with their two sons. At the earliest opportunity possible, Brendan enrolled in dragon training to learn how to fly and take care of his faithful companion, and has never looked back since.
Dragon Partner: Lexa
Dragon Species: Scuttleclaw
Dragon Appearance:
Scuttleclaw.png

I read everything via the interest check and would love to join.If there's anything I'm missing or anything else I need to add do let me know (:

Name:
Fianna

Appearance:
e7232c416559d8a2c60cdfcfd65faaf3.jpg
Brief History:
At such a young age, Fianna was always fascinated by dragons. She was a native of Berk so its only natural for her to be enthralled by such creatures.

Her brother forbids her to see dragons, saying that it would only bring chaos and danger to her. She's the only daughter of the family and everyone is very protective of her. But her curiosity got the best of her so she went to the woods, trying to catch a glimpse of a dragon.

She soon met her dragon partner, Grell, a woolly howl on a cold winter night. As soon as the two made eye contact, she knew that she'll be attached to him. You could say that she fell in love with the dragon and decided to do everything to protect him. She quickly befriended the dragon, giving it food and visiting it everyday until her brother discovered about it. Proving to him that Grell won't harm anyone especially her, her brother eventually warmed up to the idea, and so is her family.

As soon as her family accepted her with a dragon, she had never felt so at home before. And with Grell by her side, she can't be even more happier.

Dragon Partner:
Grell

Dragon Species:
Woolly Howl

Dragon Appearance:
3._Woolly_Howler.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Brea
Name: Ragnar
Appearance:

However his back looks like;
[spoili]
tyty.jpg
[/spoili]

Brief History:
At a young age Ragnar was caught in a lightning storm atop the mountain of berk, and caught by a Skrill blast, in a unusual twist of events it was the one to look after him rather than the other way round. It took him down to the village and stayed by his side until he was fully healed, During this time Ragnar became attached to the dragon, even putting himself through further strain to go feed it, which it accepted begrudingly at first often deliberately making his hair stand on end for the next few days as punishment. slowly, over the course of six months as Ragnar's health improved so did the bond with this dragon. after he was full healed, (though the scars would never fade) the dragon still didn't leave seemingly having grown attached to the boy who'd been injured then guarded by it. Ragnar's hair had over time grown to be immune to the 'sticking on end' effect, however it did permanently have a floaty effect where it would be far 'poofy-er' than anyone else's. "Storm rider" as the dragon ended up getting called. or just "Storm" for short. Is still grumpy and teretorial as most of his(Her?) race is gets rather angry when another dragon gets close to Ragnar or his house. Also due to his presence, while Berk's weather patterns didn't change, whenever they get a shower of rain, it is always accompanied by a lightning storm.

Dragon Partner: Storm Rider (Storm for short)
Dragon Species: Skrill
Dragon Appearance:
[spoili]
Voltage.png
[/spoili]

Before anyone says 'skrill is untrainable' Its not, its just very hard, much like a nightfury. hence why Ragnar had to get frigging almost killed by one.

Will make a CS later!

Name: Ake
Appearance: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/190/5/e/5e762ac1f403b3fe395e57520789c53b-d56l88a.jpg
He also has blue eyes.

Brief History: Ake is a native of Berk. He was twelve when Berk switched from killing dragons to training them. He met his dragon partner when he found the young dragon stranded at one of Berks highest points. The dragon had been attacked by something. He had no idea what but whatever did it had created multiple wounds in the dragons torso and wing. No metal was present. With the help of friends he brought her back to the village and nursed it back to health. Which was difficult because anything and everything metal tended to stick to her. This inspired him to give her the name "Mag". Eventually she healed but by then the two had grown close and inseparable. Like magnets.

Dragon Partner: Mag
Dragon Species: Sword Stealer
Dragon Appearance: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...ler-RoB.png/revision/latest?cb=20141128222645

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Lysandra
Appearance:
3170f4d1979235cffc0bbbef97998ba2.jpg

Brief History: When she was around 6 years old, Lysandra found a injured baby deadly nadder when she was exploring the nearby forest, in which its mother nor siblings were no where to be found. And of course she takes the little nadder back home (after gaining its trust of course) in which she nurses it back to health with the help of her parents of course. It didn't take very long for them to develop a strong bond, she grew up along side the purple-ish colored dragon whom she eventually named Bonnie, due to this the two share similar personality traits with each other such as both of them often want to look their best and hate getting dirty, not to mention the two are as equally beautiful, even if their personality is not so much.
Lysandra also recently began feeding her companion chicken or almost any poultry for that matter, in which increases its speed and stamina significantly, Which makes Bonnie nearly rival the speed that of a Night Fury, though Lysandra didn't began feeding Boonie a strict diet of poultry due to this it's mainly because Bonnie really disliked eating fish.
Dragon Partner: Bonnie or "Bon"
Dragon Species: Deadly Nadder
Dragon Appearance:
Deadly_Nadder_-_FB.png

I finished my CS. Hope you like it ^_^

I don't think viking villages would have a thing called "high officials". Since villages are mostly ruled by a chief unless @AshenAngel states The Valkri have a different hierarchy than The Berks.

But respected individuals probably exist.

You don't have to change anything of course but i'm just pointing this out @DANAsaur

@DANAsaur, I was kinda aiming for my character to be the only one from Valkri, and a chief is what leads viking tribes.

Oh, I'll change my CS then~

EDIT: Done editing my CS

I guess we gotta wait for the spots to be filled to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.