How To Train Your Dragon

Would you be interested?

• Yes

• No

• I'm not going to post anything, but I'd like to see one like this.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, adding a bit of variety in Dragon breeds would make for a fun experience. Besides, it's Ashen's call. So we have no say in the matter~ ^w^

The anime and film cannons should cover our bases pretty much. After all, the terrible terror was created as an homage to that one common green or gardener dragon or something of the sorts in the books, if I remember correctly. *silently curses bad memory with names* If the dragon you choose isn't yet featured in those two cannons, then post a link to the site you got your info from so we can check it out.

I would rather use dragons from the HTTYD realm, rather than create our own just for the sake of keeping things fair and having all of the information there.

I like your plot idea Resolver, we can run with that.

well just to give an example. In the books, there's a cousin to the nightfury called the Nightshade, and another called the Nightwing. The nightshade is basicly a purple nightfury that spits acidic poison, or poisonous acid, whichever you prefer. and the Nightwing sprays a fine mist of black smoke that is impossible to get off anything, even dragons, and it isn't actually black like the others, just that its constantly getting its own smoke stuck to it.

Hmm honestly we don't need custom original dragons since the dragons in HTTYD is already pretty diverse.

Though we should probably make some of the dragons off limits to Riders like The Bewilderbeast and The Screaming Death (which mind you can easily destroy islands). I would nightfuries on here too considering Toothless is the only nightfury we've seen on the series and Hiccup only found him completely by chance.

We mustn't forget the Red Death on that ban list. That one destroyed an island as well.

You should probably put alpha/arctic dragons on there as well.
There's going to be some weird choices I bet.

... Bewilderbeasts are the alpha dragons, for the most part.

... Bewilderbeasts are the alpha dragons, for the most part.
I'm going off the books, There are other alpha dragons, but why do we not just say 'anything that would logically be untrainable' since in the animated series the screaming death was untrainable?

Nightfury's also count as alpha dragons according to the wiki.

I am interested in this. And Night-furies don't count as Alpha dragons. Toothless was an Alpha dragon because he defeated a Drago's Bewilder-beast.
Just any ole night-fury doesn't count as an Alpha dragon and there can only be one Alpha dragon. When one dies it passes the burden on to another dragon
of it's own choice and that dragon will be the next Alpha. To be accurate, Toothless would have to pass the burden of being an Alpha on to a dragon of his choice for there to be another Alpha dragon as there can only be one alive at a time. If it isn't passed down the line, then the rank is fought for just like in the case of the two Bewilder-beasts that fought in the second movie. So no, night-furies do not qualify as Alpha dragons for more than one reason.

FUCK YES IM INTERESTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.