How to Survive When the Power Goes Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manticore

Original poster
THE GREAT PURGE

Unknown cosmic force wipes out 80% of Earth's population, leaving no bodies behind. People are just...gone. Those who stayed are left in remains of once modern and technologically advanced civilization. Electricity is off, since all the wires and power stations have been fried by the cosmic wave. The towns and the cities are left in the dark. Those remaining seemingly untouched soon began to realize that they are all about the same age – 20 to 30 years. They are scattered across the globe, and for some it takes days before they come across another survivor. People being robbed of their former lives began to unite into small groups, soon recognized as the Tribes, just to maximize their chances of survival. The smartest ones soon inhabit the malls, where they have free access to all life's necessities – food, clothing, medicine... However, supplies are not unlimited. Fresh food that needs refrigerating goes bad first, and whatever's left cannot feed all of them forever. People are getting desperate. Some decide to fight another tribe to win control of their food resources, others try to reconnect with their primal instincts and learn how to grow vegetables and hunt wild animals, and others try to understand what happened and figure out a way to reverse the Purge.

This RP will revolve around one group of 4 – 6 people, who form a Tribe known as the Mall Hounds. I will play a leader of this tribe. Apart from the obvious - trying to survive the new world - the RP will be also focused on the conflicts between the Tribe's members and group dynamics. So yeah, you can bring in romance, hatred, rivality, betrayal, envy...anything.

I've been brewing this idea for a while now, but never got a chance to play it. Anyway, I'd like to see if this sparks any interest in you.

Btw this would be casual-advanced kind of roleplay.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this idea, count me interested. c:

I'm liking it too. Been feeling a bit antagonistic lately, this would be a nice place to get that out D:

Hi wawa!

• Love
Reactions: Nemopedia
This sounds interesting; I've always been a fan of post-apocalyptic settings, so I can get behind this.

Alright, thanks for the interest! I'll go open the OOC thread now, and I hope to see you all there :)

Here is the OOC thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.