How to Survive When the Power Goes Out (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, yeah Obviously EMPs can not make people disappear. Life would suck in The Big Apple without electricity, however, New yorkers (you you said in the story) have a source of food. They will be able to cultivate a new given enough time and for the most part Eskimos have storage too but I don't think, I do not know but, they probably have permafrost all year round. The way I'm probably naively picturing it, they will quickly run out of stuff to burn in order to stay warm and cook meat.

...this is very off topic but fun none the less.

Anyway~ yes, that answers my questions. *with much zeal, I rub my hands together*~ Can't wait to begin
Eskimos know how to hunt wild animals, and thus have a constant source of fresh food ;) As for New Yorkers, there probably aren't many who would nowadays know how to hunt deer or plant some vegetables. The fact is, people existed before the whole electricity thing, so survival is possible, no doubt :)

I've been through a two week power outage last year (it was due to a heavy ice storm - google 'Ice storm Slovenia 2014 for a better notion of that), so I'm basically talking from experience here. Before this whole thing, I also didn't imagine what exactly living without electricity means. It's not just that your refrigerator isn't working, or you central heating system, or your phone, computer, tv, microvawe oven...you are also left without water, because water pump isn't working, meaning you really can't take a shower! In cities, pretty much anything you can think of depends upon electricity. In the countryside, not as much (but still!).

I have a feeling you are really going to enjoy this RP, and you might also learn a thing or two about how to survive when the power goes off ;)

p.s. it's not off topic at all! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eskimos know how to hunt wild animals, and thus have a constant source of fresh food ;) As for New Yorkers, there probably aren't many who would nowadays know how to hunt deer or plant some vegetables. The fact is, people existed before the whole electricity thing, so survival is possible, no doubt :)

I've been through a two week power outage last year (it was due to a heavy ice storm - google 'Ice storm Slovenia 2014 for a better notion of that), so I'm basically talking from experience here. Before this whole thing, I also didn't imagine what exactly living without electricity means. It's not just that your refrigerator isn't working, or you central heating system, or your phone, computer, tv, microvawe oven...you are also left without water, because water pump isn't working, meaning you really can't take a shower! In cities, pretty much anything you can think of depends upon electricity. In the countryside, not as much (but still!).

I have a feeling you are really going to enjoy this RP, and you might also learn a thing or two about how to survive when the power goes off ;)

p.s. it's not off topic at all! :)
Yes, hunting. They have many trees in the Arctic though so I was just saying cooking fuel would be low. Well, actually you can burn fat as fuel so maybe it is possible.

Woah! Never have I ever seen ice like that. I'm down south in the USA, here if theres even a thin glaze of ice everything shuts down. Frozen pipes, down lines (mostly because high wind always accompanies it) >_< we have no sense of winter preparation. We know how to survive without water and power for a few days but give tell us we have to go to work? heck no. Hahaha, honestly its so funny sometimes.

I hope to learn tons and use what I already know. Like I said, I can't wait to begin!

I just had a thought. Are we using a real mall or a fictional mall?

Welp, sorry for (still) not finishing my character here. x-x I'm getting onto it now and trying to work as fast as I can. I hope that this idea isn't dying out due to tardiness or something before it can even start.

Mine's pretty much done, but not fully posted yet. It'll be finished tomorrow for sure.

CS is done. Please tell me this is not dead D:

Reactions: WrittenAll Over
Sorry for my absence. I had a busy week with the work/school related stuff, and some other ongoing RPs with a bit more active threads than this one, which demanded my limited attention. Anyway, seems we have now 5 players (including myself), which should be enough to start the IC.

I hope everyone who posted theirs CSs is still on board? Sorry again for letting you feel this thing is dying. Well, it's not. It's going to be a party! :)

I'll post the link to IC when it's up.

Btw @Mglo your character is very intriguing ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Mglo
I finally finished my character. x-x Sorry for the wait, it isn't long, but I got the general gist down at least.

Alright, guys, the IC is up. Link You are welcome to join. Most of you should already be at the mall with Dom, but one or two could only just arrive there in search for other survivors.

@Cheeki Breeki - Your CS is alright for a draft, but I'd encourage you to add more depth to it. After all, this RP is considered casual-advanced, meaning I put great emphasis on the quality of the posts.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
Alright, guys, the IC is up. Link You are welcome to join. Most of you should already be at the mall with Dom, but one or two could only just arrive there in search for other survivors.
Imma take one of dem newly arrival spots cause I've got ideaz. Feel free to spot him cause he's gonna be heading your way Mall-hounds!

EDIT:
Got halfway through a post but I'm falling asleep. I'll finish it tomorrow and post!

Last edited:
I almost forgot to post D:

Anyways, I did and now I'm going to bed. Have fun you potatoes!

Can I have stew with these potatoes? :L

Anyway, sorry for the late post! I seem to do everything slow here.

;_;

We're both slow as molasses... and yet, the only two apart from the GM that have posted. This is not a good omen my friend.

I think it's dead @CelestialCellar

I'm assuming it is, but been giving it the benefit of the doubt before I completely abandon it. I'm just about ready to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.