How To Save a Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexzander's thoughts were racing as he leaned against the door. He didn't know where he would go or if Helena would come with him or if he would just start running like she did. He knew the police would look into his story and find it all one big lie. And when they came here to get him, arrest him he couldn't be here. He wouldn't willingly go to jail. Just then he jumped a bit as she spoke and sighed as he looked up and saw her. He didn't know how she could stay so calm as she faced loosing her freedom and or life at the hands of angry Krusniks. Hell bent on revenge for this man who had been slayed by his new vampire room mate Helena.

He sighed heavily and then spoke and looked at her. "I got some of the blood from you coat on my when I put it in the wash yesterday...they smelled his blood on me today at work. My boss asked me about it since he is a Krusnik as well..I already lied to the police for you and couldn't explain it so I lied to them again...It's only a matter of time before my story dosen't check out...and we need to check out of here before they find that out. DO you know any places we could leave to that are...not in the city...? I can figure something out if I need to just thought I'd ask first..."

Helena suddenly showed a bit of emotion, surprise. "Blood from my coat?" She whispered to herself as she took in the words that he was saying. She had just gotten this innocent man in trouble, why did she cause this problem for him. Now, he was thinking he had to leave. "Wait! What? I..." She felt responsible and upset that he was now going to have to leave his home. She looked down, away from him. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get you caught up in this."

"There might be a few places we could go but..." She didn't want him to have to leave his home just because of her.

This was the first time he had seen Helena display any sort of genuine emotion. It was surprise, he would note that this was the first emotion he had ever seen her emote in front of him. He sighed as he saw how upset she looked and reached out, gently touching her arm. Smiling at her warmly he continued.

"Hey...I chose to involve myself in this. Don't sweat it...Please, really don't. But what...? Where do we go? Your the expert on hiding. I'm going to gather a few small items and I'll be back down..." he dismissed himself can came back down with a small bag with a few items in it and he approached her to see just what they were to do next.

Helena felt slightly relieved when he touched her gently, giving her a smile. She listened to him, thinking about what their next move should be. She let him get the things he needed first than began to respond to him. "Living like this will be hard." She said softly. "We are not going to be able to stay in the same place for long. However, for now to get out of this house there is someone I know who will take us in for a day. So, the police will not have a trance of us if we are not here."

Alexzander heard her as he came down and stopped in front of her. Nodding at her words he would trust her judgment. He had lived a very privilaged life and working was hard but knew the journey he was about to under go with Helena would be much, much harder.

"I trust your judgment Helena...Guide the way." he said and stepped forwards. "I haven't lived this way before so this will be new to me. Anything I should know? Or should we just go?"

"Just know that sometimes things aren't going to turn out so well." She told him. She zipped up her jacket, placing the hood back on. "It shouldn't take too long to get to the place I am talking of." She opened the door, stepping outside. She looked around, surveying the area just to make sure there wasn't anyone who would catch them. After all, they might not know of Alexzander helping her just yet but they were still looking for her. When she saw that it was safe, she moved out of the way of the doorway for him to come out. "This may be the last time you come to this house." She spoke, slightly solemnly.

Though they had no choice, so Helena began to walk away from the house. She was heading in the direction of the nearest woods. It wasn't the best idea to be out in the open, even if it didn't seem like there were any police around. "We'll have to be careful while were traveling."

It was completely silent outside as she let him out of the house behind her. It was dark and very, very still. He stopped and took in the house once more and followed her towards the woods. He had lived in this city his entire life and this would be very different for him. He didn't know what awaited him or what he would have to do to avoid jail time or execution. He would be accomplice where they caught and they couldn't allow that to happen. He had never fallen in love before, he had not expeienced a lot and hoped that though he was drastically changing his life styles he could still have the things in life that he thought everyone should have but kind of doubted it. He sighed and slipped away with her into the night.

Helena made her way through the woods. She had never went this way to get to the place she was trying to get too, hoping that she was heading in the right direction. She was quiet, unsure of what to say to Alexzander. She came into his life and ruined everything for her, she felt guilt. She wasn't used to that feeling. At least it was dark out, night was her favorite time. It was the best time to travel when you don't want to be seen as well.

She continued on for a while, it probably seemed like she was lost to him. After a while they came to a river. Helena recognized the river. "We're not that far now." She said to him and began to follow the river. Soon enough there was a cabin in the woods, near the water.

Alexzander was used to the night, he was mostly out during the day but night it when they used to hunt. Vampires loved the night and so did he. It was peaceful, often times they held the rest he lacked during the day. Following her into the forest they wandered for a long time and it seemed they were lost but he had no choice but to trust her and the fact it was all silent made him a bit on edge but as she finally spoke and they came across a cabin the woods he breathed out a sigh of relief and smiled.

"Looks great..." he said and was sincere. He had never stayed somewhere like this before. He was anxious though as he looked To Helena and hoped it didn't show.

Helena went up to the cabin's door and began to knock. She stopped, waiting there in front of the door. She didn't know how this was going to work out with Alexzander here, this person wasn't too fond of his kind either but Helena was there. Normally someone would knock another time but Helena didn't. Suddenly the door began to open, showing a little girl in the doorway.

"Helena!" The young girl cried and wrapped her arms around Helena.

"Let me come in first and him too." The little girl looked at Alexzander. "This is Rose, she was turned into a very vampire at a young age as you can see. Though after a while, she pretty much learned how to be an adult, some of her personality is still like a kid though." Helena said as she walked inside the cabin, holding the little girls hand.

Once he followed her to the house he was surprised when the door opened and he saw a little girl. She looked a little young to be by herself but he listened to What the woman had to say about her. Her name was Rose and she was turned a a young age. It explained why she looked like that. Walking into the cabin he looked around and shut the door behind him. He was a Krusnik so he didn't exoect the little girl to be relaxed with him at all. Biting his lip he sighed. What next? His life now was filled with so many possibilities.

The cabin was dim, though there was still enough light to be able to see where you were going. Helena moved away from the front door and let go of the little girls hand. "Be nice to this man Rose, he's a friend." She said, staring at the little girl in the eyes. The little girl seemed to begin to pout.

"But he's the enemy, how can he be a friend of yours Helena? You hate his kind." Rose muttered.

"He's different. I may hate Krusniks but I don't hate him. He helped me when I needed it." Helena stated and pulled her hood down from her face. She turned to Alexzander. "We will stay here for the night. Being in the woods, no one comes near here. But...we can only be here for a little while. I don't want to get a young girl mixed in all of this." Meanwhile Rose had her arms wrapped around Helena's waist.

Walking the dim light was soothing and he smiled gently. Looking around it was much different than what he was used to but he hardly ever complained. But watching the two of them interact he chuckled a bit as the young girl pouted. But it was understandable. He sighed, just by being here they were getting the little girl involved. Anyone who sheltered them would be in danger of being interrigated by his father who was surely looking for him at the moment. And the fact he was now gone screamed of his guilt to the whole city. He didn't kill that man but now he might as well have helped her do it. He held out a hand and it was shaking badly but he clenched it. The only downside to being a Krusnik was that all of them were Hypoglycemic. They had to feed much more regularly than vampires did and food was now going to be a problem. He said down and felt a bit weak as he had not fed in a few days. He nodded at her and looked extremely exausted. The krusnik leaned back into the couch and closed his eyes, pain tugging at his normally relaxed expression.

Rose giggled a little more before she let go of Helena and walked into another room. Helena watched Alexzander while he was on the couch. "You don't look to good. You need some food don't you." She had forgotten, she was used to being on her own. It was easier for her to get food than for a Krusnik. "The only vampires here are Rose and I. I would prefer that if you need something....you take some of my blood not Rose." Helena sat down on the couch next to him. "That's the only way you will feel better.."

Alexzander looked up to her and nodded but sighed. He tensed a bit as she sat next to him. He could hear her blood rushing though her veins, her heart pumping. He choked on his words a bit, his heart racing.

"I better not..." he said and bit his lip. "I really don't want to hurt you and trust me..that is all that would come of me feeding from you. Hishands were trembling though even as he clenched them. It was getting bad and he knew it. "I won't hurt Rose...I promise...." he said though he didn't know if he could auctually promise that.

Helena knew it was hard for him, after all she was a vampire they had similar feeding needs. Though her's were slightly easier to come up with blood. "You say that now but I know what's it's like." She whispered. "I'd prefer for you to hurt me than Rose." It wasn't the best idea but Helena was much stronger than Rose, she could handle it better. He said he wouldn't touch Rose but she knew better than to believe that. When you were hungry, you needed blood, if is got too bad you wouldn't know what you were doing. Helena concluded in her thoughts that if it came to that, she would put herself in front of Rose to protect. She became silent after that, just sitting next to him.

Alexzander knew she was right and he clenched his jaw. He sat next to her and he started to feel nauseated and bit his lip. He knew he needed to and there was no other way. But it just might be awkward for them and he didn't want it to be. A krusniks bite was painful at first bit then it turned pleasureful. He looked to her and his breath shaking he reluctantly caved in.

"O-Okay...If your willing but we can't in here....Not in front of Rose..." he said and bit his lip, trying to stay as composed as he could.

Helena nodded. "I agree. I don't want her seeing anything. Plus she'll think wrong of it and attack you." She replied. She stood up from the couch slowly. She had never gave her blood for food before but it was the least she could do for this man. He had helped her and it caused him so many problems now. She also had to worry about the fact that she wasn't the only vampire there. This was the best choice. "Where ever you want to go?" She questioned Alexzander. "And don't worry about it." She gave a small smile.

Despite her saying it was okay he didn't feel like it was. Biting his lip he sighed and got up shakily and motioned for her to go outside. On the porch he turned and just out of the reach of the porch light he took her shoulders and moved, pressing her against the wall of the house and leaned in. Taking a hand he tilted her chin away and tilted his head. Not wanting to wait a second more he leaned in and pressed his lips to her neck and then parted his lips and sunk his fangs into her neck.He moaned gently as her blood poured into his mouth. He leaned into her, his chest brushing against hers as he sunk his fangs in deeper.

Helena had followed him outside, knowing what she was getting into. She watched him, feeling him pull her to the wall. She had no choice but to let him so she took off the instinct to get away. She prepared to feel his fangs, knowing that would happen though it still was painful when he began. She lifted her arm up, her hand clenching onto his shirt tightly as he continued. So, she's fed before but she had never been food. It was strange to be on the other side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.