How to Live on Your Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Noir's fall, Donovan started laughing again. Adaline, who had still been giggling in the corner, gasped again in surprise, and approached Noir. "Are you alright?" she asked him, then blushed as she recalled that he wasn't exactly fond of her. But still she stayed, though turned to Adriel after the pie fell on him. She started to speak, but Donovan beat her to it.

"You alright there, man?" he asked, recovering from his fit of laughing. He grinned and brushed off what he could of the pie. "Definitely in need of a shower, but you okay?"

Adriel laughed to the point he started crying and he said, "Yeah that was fun and the trouble we're gonna be in was so worth it though. By the way Noir how does it feel to get pineappled up the ass." Noir glared as Adriel snickered. He got sloshed once more before Noir huffed and looked around saying, We are so in trouble when this mess is found..." "Then let's put our magic to work and actually clean Donovan unless you have magic you can do it the old fashion way but let's get to work before we're screwed out of a home to live in." Adriel said as he stood up. "So how much do you know?" Asked Noir curious. "There's no limits if you just think and focus on it it'll happen." Adriel said with a grin. "I think I'd feel safer if we did it the old fashioned way but gather up the tableware with your static powers." Noir said with a grin. Adriel huffed slapping Noir across his and Noir cried, "Ow damn that hurt!!" He grumbled and opened a supply closet and shoved a bucket onto Adriel's head and handed Donovan a mop.

Immediately, Donovan held his hand out for the bucket. "A mop won't do me much good dry," he pointed out. "Are there any, I dunno, rags in there that he could use? Or any soap? And where can we get water?" he asked.

Adaline, still standing where Noir had been, was ignored, so she approached the boy again. "He's got a point. What else is in there?" Luckily, the floor was hardwood, and there was no rug that had been stained. But there was food everywhere. Adaline was unused to cleaning and not entirely sure how to pick up some of these things, but she could make some fairly educated guesses. "Is there a trash bag, by any chance?" Most of the food was crushed and oozing, but still whole; it would make the most sense to gather up as much as possible by hand, then go in and scrub after it.

She seemed to have pushed aside her previous racist thoughts for the moment. Whether it was because she didn't want to get in trouble herself or because she had started to change her views was unclear, but the girl certainly did want to clean.

As Adriel went to work handing out rags to everyone and after they picked up what had been flung around and put it into the trash bags. Adriel and Adaline accidentally brushed hands going for the same trash back. Thankfully he didn't shock her and he pulled back flushing slightly saying, "S-Sorry..." He waited till she threw out what she had picked up and then threw out his. Within thirty minutes everything had been picked up and the table put back in an upright position. Noir had returned with a bucket of water which everyone at first used to wipe down things and after that Donovan had mopped and they were all done. "Hehe now that's what I call team work!" Adriel said as he gave Noir and Donovan a high five. "Well the floor looks clean enough to eat off of nice work Donovan I can see my reflection." Noir said looking down at the floor. The group then all attempted to walk to put the cleaning supplies away wen suddenly they found themselves on their asses with a thump. "Um Donovan just how much floor wax did you use..." Noir asked. "Owie my ass can't take much more abuse!" Adriel whined loudly.

There were several cries as the group fell to the floor. Adaline was adventurous enough to try and stand, but her boot slipped and she found herself on her stomach and elbows. Wincing, the girl turned over and hoisted herself up to lean on her hands, and gave up at trying to stand again.

"Well... I guess the floors really needed a cleaning," Donovan said, trying to defend himself.

Before a fight over the amount of floor wax used could break out, though, a door was opened and the final housemate walked in. He was tall, lanky, and skinny, and Zayne Hale did not blend in to the crowd. He had long purple hair that covered the right of his two blue eyes, and a blue coat that looked to have a collar made of feathers. The quality of the dark blue trench coat seemed high, though. When one got past that in his appearance, the young man wore a green shirt underneath, light brown pants, and dark brown loaders. And if one looked close enough, they would see that the boy's left ear had a small blue stud.

"Hello- what are you all doing down there?" he asked, and leaned down to look at them. Zayne took a few steps forward and, as the door shut behind him, he, too, fell to the floor with a yelp.

"What is this- some sort of trick?!" he cried out.

"It's his doing!!" Noir and Adriel both said quickly pointing at Donovan and standing up and inching their way toward the door. "Dammit the hell how much of that stupid wax did you use Donovan I feel like I'm standing on ice." Noir said agitated he made it to the carpted hall way and then said, "You losers are on your own I'm going to take a shower no thanks to the food fight I got crap in my hair. "Wahh wait for me Noir don't lump me in with the rest of these people!!" Adriel said and he too made it out leaving the three there alone.

Donovan looked shocked. "No- he started a food fight, and we had to clean-" he whined, and pointed at Noir. Adaline started to giggle again. But then the two were off to shower. Donovan huffed, and carefully stood up. "Well, a shower sounds good..." He, too, was covered in food. Only Adaline and Zayne weren't, so Donovan slid over to the door and out of the room with relief to go find a shower, and a washing machine.

Adaline looked at Zayne, who looked suspicious. "They're- lively, aren't they?" She didn't want to reveal that Noir and Adriel were magic users, all of the sudden. Maybe a food fight was what she needed to see them as equal to herself. The girl still felt conflicted about that, but luckily had Zayne to distract her from that dilemma. "The one... Well, you can't really see their hair now, can you?" She tried standing up again. "Well, the last one to walk off was Donovan, and Noir was the one to say that he felt like he was walking on ice. The other one, Adriel, he's the one who hopped right after Noir." She scooted to Zayne, who had also picked himself up, and offered a hand. "A pleasure, I hope. I'm Adaline Cisneros."

Zayne took her hand cautiously and shook it. "Zayne Hale. You're all crazy here," he said with certainty.

Adaline giggled. "Well... I don't know. Donovan and I just got here today, as well. Have you taken your tour yet?" The boy shook his head, and Adaline lead him out of the slipper dining hall. "He needs a tour," she told the nearest maid. "I'll be waiting for you, when you're done," she told Zayne. While he was taken for his tour, Adaline found her way to the room that she had first met Adriel and Donovan in.

Some time later, she was joined again by Zayne. Donovan was either still showering or getting his own tour, and Adriel and Noir were either still showering or hadn't come to the room yet.

The three guy who were clearly missing at the time we're all washed up at this point but enjoying the sauna while their clothes finished drying in the joint laundry room. Noir was relaxed and just enjoying the peace until he suddenly got sprayed in the face and spluttered. Adruel bust out laughing having grabbed one of the hoses and super soaked his ass. Jumping up Noir rushed at Adirel who bolted crying, "Oh shit!!" "Come here you!!" Noir yelled and he grabbed Adriel whisking the guy's towel off his waist. "Ack give that back!!" Adriel whined diving for it but Noir stepped to the side and Adriel went plumenting into the in the in ground hot tub and a loud splash was heard. He sunk to the bottom and bubbles came to the surface before he himself swam back up. Catching his breath he said, "Damn this sucker is deep!!"

Witnessing all of this, Donovan laughed. His first instinct was to get involved again, until he remembered how that went last time- not so well. It was the partially why the three of them were here- because he'd jumped in to fight with them, rather than stop them. But, watching Adriel and Noir, Donovan couldn't help but see all the fun it looked like they were having. So, with that, he crept up close to the two boys while Adriel swam up for air, then splashed a large amount of water at the both of them, getting both Adriel and Noir decently wet in the process.

Both Noir and Adriel rushed at him and grabbing him by the legs and arms they chucked him clear into the deep end of the hot tub and both them laughed hystericallythough Adriel got shoved in after and coming back up he whined, "Noir you traitor!!" After a good hour long water fight the three boys felt refreshed and their clothes were dry. They got dried off and dressed before heading back to the main area together.

Unfortunately, Donovan was taken off to finally go take his tour, and another maid stopped Adriel and Noir. "We've been told that you must spend the whole day with your new housemates," she said. "Mr. Hale and Miss Cisneros are waiting where you met Miss Cisneros earlier. You two must join them and get to know them. Mr. Dyer will join you after his tour," she explained, and lead them to where Adaline and Zayne were waiting.

The two were enjoying a pleasant conversation, but stopped and looked at the open door when Adriel and Noir were brought in. "Hello," Adaline greeted politely. There was that nagging feeling again, that she couldn't quite quiet. She would have to manage to keep it hushed for now, though.

Zayne looked cautious, but nodded to them. "Um, Adriel and Noir, right? I'm Zayne Hale."

"Nice to meet you sorry we ditched so soon but we got into a mess and needed baths." Adriel said with a laugh. "Yeah what blondie said nice to meet you." Noir said shaking his hand.

With a careful smile, Zayne shook Noir's hand. "Ah, well, it happens," he said, and chuckled.

"Where's Donovan?" Adaline asked, looking around. The door had shut after the two boys had walked in, but Donovan's disappearance hadn't been explained. And she sought some sort of interaction from Adriel and Noir, to know their feelings on her as of now- sure, she'd called them monsters, but their lack of interacting with her was starting to unnerve her. Not that she could blame them. But if they were going to have to live together... Maybe she'd have to apologize. But not in front of Zayne...

"Do we look like his keeper girl go ask someone else." Noir stated bluntly and Adriel just sighed shaking his head. Though perking up he said, "So Zayne what's your favorite hobby I really don't have any myself." "Aside from being a pest half the time good point blondie. I happen to like collecting books my biggest dream is to be a novelist to be honest. But that kinda went down the drain when I got kicked out of my home a while ago..." Noir said. "No No no you're doing it all wrong if you're going to be a novelist you'd be a depressing one if you go around telling people stuff like that!!" Adriel said trying to pounce Noir but he landed on the sofa with a soft thump. "Fine then show me how you'd do it." Noir said. "Well... I can't explain it any better if you're going to keep a topic just keep all the depressing crap out of it. You think we live in a soap opera or what!" Adriel said. "Your common sense really amazes me..." Noir said with a sarcastic tone.

Resolving that that was enough trying to reach out, Adaline elected to stay quiet.

On the other hand, Zayne was either oblivious to the tension or chose to ignore it. He opened his mouth to answer Adriel's question, but was cut off as Noir spoke, then Adriel argued. The two went back and forth in an almost brotherly sort of argument. Zayne permitted an amused look to cross his face, as though he were a witness of this soap opera that Adriel claimed Noir was a part of.

"I design fashion," he offered, when there seemed to be a lull in the argument. "This coat? I designed it." He was clearly proud of this accomplishment. "I do more than just design clothes, though- I do all sorts of art, when I can get my hands on the materials." He didn't ask about Noir being kicked out of his home, as he felt not close enough to the boy to know such information, but Adaline was certainly interested.

She remained silent until Donovan entered the room again. He was nondescript and slipped in behind Noir and Adriel while they and Zayne talked. Seeing the three in conversation, the boy instead approached Adaline, and the two began to talk, in quiet voices so as to not disturb the other boys.

Both Noir and Adriel blinked as the image of Zayne behind a sewing machine went through their heads and they lost it in a fit of laughter to the point of tears. "Really sewing that's such a woman's job." SNickered Noir. "Yeah man pick something manly I collect stamps." Adriel said laughing himself to tears. "Well I do like swords like those stage props and replicas hows that for manly." Said Noir smirking.

Rather than get offended or defensive, Zayne just looked confused. "Womanly? Well, now, what's wrong with that?" he asked, seeing nothing humerus about it. "It's just an activity- why is it feminine? And," he continued, facing Adriel, "I have to work percisely to actually make something that is quality work, and also make sure I don't put the needle through my finger. That's not manly, but collecting stickers is?" Zayne still looked confused. Then he turned to Noir. "Also, I don't get how working with toys of bigger versions of one of my tools is exactly manly. What even makes something manly?" he continued to ponder, then sat back and brought a hand to his chin, and looked up with a perplexed expression. The boy was earnestly considering the question, as though it had never been posed to him before.

"Wow... is this guy stupid or what... You don't know the meaning of a joke do you..." Noir asked. "He's not stupid he's just maybe not used to socializing perhaps?" Adriel asked. "Who knows this guy is a lost cause though Adriel..." Noir said with a sigh.

Innocently, Zayne tilted his head. "Well- I do know the meaning of a joke, I just don't see how associating sewing with women is funny, really," he explained, earnestly. "And- if I may- lost cause for what, exactly?"

"Is this guy for real!!" Noir said and Adriel dragged him back before he cracked Zayne across the head for being a worse annoyance. "Calm down Noir breathe... breathe.." Adriel said giving a nervous laugh. "No way let me go this guy is even more dense then you are! And I thought you were bad Adriel! it makes me wanna slap the common sense in him!!" Noir said furiously as he struggled. He finally gave up forced himself to take a deep breath and slumped down after giving into Adriel's suggestion. Feeling Noir relax Adriel slowly released him saying, "Feel better?" He got cracked across the head by Noir and yelped falling to the floor nursing a welt. "Now I do." Noir said standing up and Adriel rolled back and forth whining, "Glad I could help!"

Status
Not open for further replies.