How to Get the Grade and the Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

✦ みかん ✦

Original poster
[fieldbox="Skylar Mayfield, teal, dotted"]Skylar Mayfield, a junior at Westward High, was patiently waiting in the library. He was sat near the huge windows that decorated the back of the room. His face was buried in a book that he had checked out as soon as he entered. It's only been a little less than half and hour, yet the brunet had already read through a good chunk of his book. Why was he waiting in the first place, you ask? Skylar happened to be waiting for a certain someone. A student that he was suppose to be tutoring. From what he was told, the male was a rebellious teen who was failing all of his classes. Being at the top of all of his classes, it seemed right to call in Skylar to tutor him. The brunet could only pray that the student wouldn't be as difficult as everyone made him out to be. He also prayed that said student would be in the library soon.[/fieldbox]

[ @TragicTrees When it takes someone half a day to put a start up post ; - ;

And it's not even that good T~T]

(( Haha it's a fine post ))

Reginald Irwin was later for his tutoring. Not that he really cared that much, but if he didn't go, it was likely his sister would punt him out of a school window like a star American foot ball player. He wasn't quite sure what this person looked like, either, so he could place the blame on him looking for the guy.

After entering the library, about 10 minutes later, he glanced around and noticed barely anyone was in there anyway. It figured, the library wasn't exactly a prime area for hanging out. Therefore, it was easy to pick out the lone student who was, probably, the tutor. So, he made his way over to the brown-haired boy, placing one hand on the table when he got there and looking the other teen over.

"Are you....Simon?" Reginald asked, not entirely sure he got the name right. He had heard it a few times when the topic of his tutoring was discussed, but he hadn't paid much attention. He knew it started with a S, and that was about it. Oh well, if he was wrong he'd be corrected, and that'd be that.

[fieldbox="Skylar Mayfield, teal, dotted"]Skylar's reading was interrupted as he saw a hand placed upon the table in front of him. Blinking owlishly, he placed his bookmark on the spot that he left on and gently closed it shut. His green eyes focused on the male before him, taking in his features. At his question, the brunet frowned slightly. At least the name started with an S, he thought.

"Close," he responded. "The name's actually Skylar. And you must be Reginald. Nice to meet you!" He chirped with a soft smile. He gestured for the male to take a seat. "So, I heard about your... situation, and decided to bring all of the materials that I could," he confessed, making hand gestures towards the stacks of textbooks, binders, and the like that he had around him. "We have a lot of options, so which subject do you want to start with first?"[/fieldbox]

Start with? Lots of options? Reginald would grimace, but that would get rid of the straight face he'd managed to keep on. His family said he had to go to this, but they didn't exactly say he had to try once he was here, so he was determined to be as difficult as possible. While childish, it might get this guy- Skooter? Whatever -to....quit or something.

"Don't care." He said, taking a seat and shrugging, and placing his feet on a chair diagonal from him on the other side. He'd wait this session out, be the worst he could be, and hopefully that would be the end of it.

[fieldbox="Skylar Mayfield, teal, dotted"]So Reginald was going to be difficult. His nonchalant response made the brunet frown deeply, obviously frustrated with the answer. Indecisive people were always a pain to work with since they never gave any sort of guidance. They left you hanging and to fend for yourself, following along the path you pave. Sighing softly to himself, he let his eyes flutter close before opening them once again after a moment. A glow of determination and sternness reflected within his eyes as he focused on Reginald.

"Look," he began, "I don't want this to be anymore difficult than it has to be, okay? You obviously don't want to be here, and that's cool. But you're not the only one who feels that way. I could be doing my own work at my house, but instead I'm here to help you because that's what nice people do," he confessed. "Now, you could keep up the attitude and have to come to me longer since I'm not going to quit until I help you, or you could just start trying now and get done faster." Skylar pulled out the materials that he brought for Math, deciding that Algebra 2 would be a nice place to start as any. As he did this, he patiently waited for what Reginald's response would be. He did mean every word he said, so, if Reginald still wanted to be difficult, then he wouldn't give up.[/fieldbox]

((sorry for the delay!!))

Oh. Well, if that's what this guy wanted to play at, sure. That really only made Reginald more determined to be difficult. Sure, his original motive was to get away from this as quickly as possible, but now he was curious. This kid thought he was all that and a bag of chips, it seemed like, and thought he could stand Reginald being a complete asshole. So, obviously it had to be put to the test, now didn't it? He couldn't leave THAT be.

He leaned forward, propping one elbow on the table, raising an eyebrow "Well, I don't like it. You don't like it. Why not quit?" It'd benefit them both, so before he committed to being a hellish tutoring...whatever, he wanted to get a few answers. Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction did something beneficial, right? Right.

[fieldbox="Skylar Mayfield, teal, dotted"]As Skylar thought about Reginald's question, he began to organize his materials on the table that they were sitting at. Once it was all organized, he regarded the other male with a stern, determined look. "Because I'm not one to give up. I'm hellbent on tutoring you, and nothing you do will change that," he confessed. He guessed he could blame his stubborn attitude on his mother since he gets it from her. At least, that's what the rest of his family always said. Clearing his throat slightly, he turned his attention back to his materials. He opened up the Algebra 2 workbook that he brought with him, stopping at one of the pages that he put a post-it note on. It was one of the lessons that Reginald needed help in.

"Now, do you want to go over equations and inequalities? Or do you have some other questions that you want me to answer?" The brunet questioned with a raised eyebrow as he stared at the male across the table, waiting for his decision.[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.