How to end a Demon World

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're awake." It sounded a bit like a question but not quite, Isabella was more surprised to find him regaining conciousness this quickly. She didn't need him leaving already, not just to follow him and find Jason passed out again because there was very little doubt in her mind that would happen. She watched for a quiet moment before bending down in front of the human as he attempted to raise off of the ground, pushing one finger against his chest to get him to the floor again. "No, Stay." Her tone was thick with the strong but simple command as she stepped over him, her tail trailing across his chest for a moment before sliding along the floor instead.

He probably wasn't in shape to do much else and Isabella knew it, as she went to her 'room' to retrieve a small bowl of collected water. After all, there were few places where taps and pipes still ran but on the edge of the forest was a sure no-go for that one. She made a point to only be gone a short period of time though, returning in less then a minute to his side the demoness sat down on the floor so she would be at a better level. The small bowl of water was clutched lightly in her hands but she didn't offer it just yet, rather waiting to see if he had anything to say.

He coughs a bit and watches her warily it was obvious he didn't trust her yet she didn't trust him either so it was a mutual agreement he looks at her and frowns "..why did you help me?..why not just leave me there? Or kill me then?..what are you after?"

Isabella smirked at his questions. They were very reasonable, ones she had of course expected when he woke up but hadn't really had time to think over good answers. She didn't expect him to be up yet, a little more time would have been nice. The demon shuffled her wings into a comfortable tuck, they made an odd light rustle sound whenever she did that but the pesky things did get unsettled quite frequently so it was nessicary.

Why? She wasn't sure how many of his questions would be answered honestly but lying to him seemed pointless at the moment. She didn't expect his trust and didn't want it, because it would not be returned. "I felt like leaving you behind would have been a waste. And I've never had much of a taste for human." Isabella knew that didn't answer all his questions, but he had no way of getting more out of her if she didn't want to give them. The demoness placed the bowl down for a moment and moved a none-to-gentle hand underneath his back, shifting so she could help the man sit up easily with most of his weight in her. If he hadn't been able to get up, she doubted Jason would be able to support his own weight sitting up.

He gasps in pain when she forces him to sit up all his muscles had started locking up on him from dehydration and exhaustion even the smallest movements was like sticking hot needles in his skin one at a time "..that doesn't answer my questions demon..

"Unfortunately for you, I don't feel like answering your questions." Isabella said simply, now that she had him sitting up -on support- the girl reached for the bowl. Her tone was rather detached, almost matter-of-factly without the slightest hint of warmth even though she seemed to have his care in mind. There may have been something unsettling about this to him and she knew it, but didn't feel like easing his nerves at the moment. "You don't have to answer mine, but it will do you more benefit to. Are you thirsty?" She smirked even though since she was behind him, Jason wouldn't be able to see it. She had a feeling he wouldn't want to talk or answer her question since he did not receive one, but at the tempt of water maybe his tongue would loosen just a bit.

He looks at her and swallows hard his throat was completely parched and he could..no he needed a drink he slowly ran his tongue over his cracked lips befire he nodded slowly "..please...

Isabella gazed hard back and for a moment it looked as though he might reject her offer -it was unlikely and would have been rather surprising. The simple but pleasing response was the one she wanted to hear. The girl lifted the bowl to his parched lips tilting it slightly so he could drink. The water wasn't stale and tasted slightly unclean but hey, it was water and she had lived off of it just fine for quite some time. She would allow him to drink as much as he needed but no more then the bowl -the last thing Isabella wanted to do was clean up after him if he got sick from such a sudden change of hydration. "I helped you, brought you here because I wanted to. Simple as that. This is my home human, and you will respect me while you are in it."

He drank the water as if he hadn't had any for days he pulls away after a few small mouthfuls and swallows hard he knew he couldn't afford to get sick from drinking too much water as much as he wanted to this would require discipline and tI me to get rehydrated he looks at her and narrows his eyes "..I might be in no position to appose you but don't you think you can order me around like some dog

Isabella placed the bowl down as soon as Jason had pulled away but she didn't move from the position that was keeping him up-right. It still carried more water then she had expected, either the man wasn't that thirsty or he simply didn't want to get sick from it. By his previously dry lips it was the latter. She raised a challenging eyebrow in response to his weak words, the slightly amused expression clearly indicating she thought differently. Of course she did. Demons were naturally possessive and dominating over each other and most people they came across -it was probably the only reason humans were kept around as slaves. They liked holding power, especially over another life.

"I could very easily rip your tongue out without killing you for speaking to me in such a harsh manner." The demoness warned although there was little real threat behind her voice -his words didn't bother her the slightest. She had already expected such strong behaviour, it was what kept her interested and caught the attention in the first place. "But then you wouldn't be able to tell me your plans for saving the world, hmm?"

He growls low in his throat at her and narrows his eyes "you mock me..and I don't fear you or any other demon I don't fear death I fear nothing after living in this world fir three years there is little you learn not to fear"

Isabellas eyes widened slightly at the growl -she had never heard a human growl before, were they supposed to do that? She couldn't stop the light but demonic one that bubbled up in her own throat in response to the sound, not so much his words. "You seemed so bent on 'making an impact' or saving your race. I was not mocking, I was curious." Only half of that was truth, one could say she was mockingly curious. His plans would no doubt be laughable, but she still wanted to know what went on in the humans head.

However without waiting for a response Isabella pushed back and stood up quickly, the movement harsh enough to let him hit cold hard floor again without anything to break the fall.

He hits the floor hard and winces in pain letting out a hiss he rubs the back of his head which only caused him more pain glaring st her he growls again "one of these days I'll make you and all of your kind pay.

"Yeah, let me know how that goes." Isabella responded, clearly annoyed now with something as she headed for the door. She knew he wouldn't likely be getting up again any time soon, not on his own and trying would probably only bring a great deal of soreness. She knew the human body was quite weak to things like malnourishment and fatigue, but that smack on his head from hitting it on the floor again wouldn't help either. No, he would be lying there for a while. So she was in no panic to make sure he obeyed the next words. "Sleep, re-cooperate, do whatever humans do. But stay. I'll be back later."

After all, she hadn't really been expecting something to interrupt her day and there was still plenty to do before it was over. Not to mention, he would probably need to eat. She didn't mind caring for him -for now- really, after all the demoness knew there was no point in bringing Jason back here just to let him die from something stupid like dehydration.

He growls and glares after her. Slowly he looks around the building he was in trying to figure out where he was "..some old church I suppose.." sithing he knew he had little other choice then to lay there and try to sleep

Isabella didn't return for quite a few hours. There was a reason for this of course, she had places to go and another demon to meet and a meal to obtain... a small part of her length of time out might have also been that Jason slipped her mind rather quickly. In her defence, the demoness wasn't used to having another soul to worry about. By the time she stepped back through the old church doors which gave a creek in protest, the sun had nearly set.

The slightly surprised look carried on her face wasn't from finding him on the floor, it was from finding a human in her home. Isabella literally looked like a murderer walking through the door and must have been quite the sight, fresh scarlet blood coating her hands as well as flickering her cheeks and speckled up her front. She carried a long twine with three hung rabbits attached by the neck but the small snaps in their necks clearly weren't where all that blood was from. "Are you still alive, then?"

He looks up at her and shakes his head her appearance didn't frighten him in the least he had seen friends and family torn to pieces in the cruelest ways imaginable "yes as much of a pain that must be to you I'm still alive because I know it annoys you so

Isabella couldn't help but snort at his response. It might have even been a laugh, just a light hidden one. "How bold of you. Well you got me there, nothing gets under my skin more then coming home to find a human lying on my floor. Pesky things, the repellent never keeps them out." As she replied, the demoness stepped over him again with her tail trailing along but this time it gave a sharp snap against his cheek. Purposeful, of course. She set the rabbits down not much distance away from him before moving on.

Even though she made her way some distance, Isabellas voice was easy to hear in the empty church which carried a decent light echo. She made her way into the small attached room to clean the drying blood from her skin -not that she minded really, but demon blood was always ten times harder to get off when it was completely dry. She had run into a pesky one on her little hunt for something edible -its remains now resting on her hands and the forest floor. "When was the last time you ate?" The girl called as she tinted the water red with her hands.

Reactions: Andy
He hisses in pain as her tail whipped him across the face he spit out a glob of blood the hit wasn't hard enough to draw blood usually but since his mouth was so dry aanything would make it bleed upon hearing her question he paused before answering "..I don't remember..."

Upon returning Isabella looked at the man for a moment before scowling. She crouched beside him to lightly dab a finger across his lip where blood had dribbled in response to her hit. Oops. She hadn't meant for it to be that hard, but of course pride stood in the way of an apology; the same pride that kept her shoulders back and chin high. "Tsk. You're so easily breakable..." It didn't really sound like an insult, but wasn't delivered soft either. More like matter-of-factly.

"Sit up then." She knew he still probably wouldn't be able to do that on his own so like earlier Isabella assisted with keeping the human up leaning against his back. The bowl of water was brought to his lips as an offering without words but Isabella knew she wouldn't be doing this for much longer. The human would recover fast or learn to live without food and water.

After letting him drink the demoness reached for one of the rabbits to drop it in his lap. It was bloody and raw, so fresh it seemed the thing still might come back to life to make a break for it. Clearly it seemed so slip her mind most humans weren't accustomed to eating their food in such a state. She turned to her back pressed against his, sitting up and raised the bowl of water to her own lips. It had an odd salty sweet taste around the rim -it took her a moment to realize the taste was from Jason.

He looks at the rabbit and pauses he was still thirsty but he would be ok for now he shakes his head and looks over his shoulder at her "I can't eat raw meat it'll make me sicker then I already am so unless you want to clean up my vomit or risk me stinking your..place..up I suggest you build a fire and help me cook the damn thing"

Status
Not open for further replies.