How to end a Demon World

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Do you have any idea how soft and easily slice-able you are without that pointy stick?" Isabella rolled her eyes at his tough words, even though she had been at his mercy less then two minutes ago the demons ego and confidence was quick to spike back up. Especially in the trees where he couldn't reach. She could see the falter behind his words, the tired expression behind steady determination and it wasn't doing a great deal to make him seem threatening.

"Any idea how weak you are compared to me? Look at you, your body is giving out from fatigue. How long were you running from those beasts, how long cold you have continued to run? They could have ran for hours more, as could I have. If you're bent on killing me and leaving this place behind you will not be doing it tonight, not with that stumble to your step and exhausted breaths." Truth be told the demoness was still tired herself, but it was nothing compared to what this human seemed. She had no doubt it would be easy taking him down should he choose to -try- to attack but... no, she wasn't really interested in attacking him right now. He was much to amusingly interesting.

He says nothing as he glares at her he wouldn't deny her words but he had to keep going he would save those still left alive and avenge those that had fallen "if I due I die ice come to accept that but I refuse to lay down and serve those who treat humans as animals I will fight to my last breath no matter who the opponent or the odds I will go down fighting for humanity's freedom"

"Right." Isabella smirked, looking down at the human for a quiet moment as she ran her fingers through long red strands. The branch she sat on most definately did not look stable or thick enough to hold, but somehow she was easily positioned on it and comfortably too. After another moment of thought, she raised a hand as if to welcome him to be on his way. "By all means then, go. Go 'fight for humanity' and avoid being captured, all that fun stuff."

However as soon as he were to move, Jason would quickly realise it wasn't going to be that easy. She was not going to leave him in peace. Isabella pushed up to stand along a thicker branch, still easily out of reach but she had every intention of following him. "That is if you think you can find your way out of here. "

He glares at her and shakes his head "you forget these woods once belonged to humans I know these woods like the back of my hand the only thing that's different is now there's demons and I will cut them down or die trying so stay out of my way or you'll join the ones I've killed thus far'

"There will be no higher demons for quite a ways to come," Isabella stated plainly, ignoring his threat as she continued to follow more then a few feet above his head. Her steps barely made a noise but the long thin tail had finally recovered enough to trail behind her in a strait line for balance. "Only small ones. Like I said, this part of the forest belongs to me. Once you leave however, that will be a different story."

"Where are you going, any way? Back to your building that the beasts chased you from?" The demoness questioned to cure her curiosity, not caring for his personal space in thought. She had clearly proved not to be a threat at the instant moment; although then again even Isabella would admit most demons were unpredictable and herself included. "You will likely be met back with the two upon arriving, if that's where they found you."

"If that's the case then I will fight them..I don't have a choice I need those supplies if I'm going protect anyone" he cast one last look at her before he started walking going right underneath her as he did "I don't have time for this..people are dying and I need to do something'

Protect someone? Who did the human possibly have to protect, he looked rather alone at the moment and had not mentioned any one else yet. Isabella continued to trail above him at a leisurely pace, she couldn't be bothered to fly or jump from branch to branch at the moment so instead the demoness walked along as if she was simply walking on ground. After all, the ground was dirty and over-grown with odd plants confused by the change in time and lack of season. It was a bit of an alien world compared to what the lush forests had been like in the beginning, three years ago. "Do something? You're one human out of a very small amount that are left, against a world of demons. I am assuming that's your current enemy, any way. What can you do, what could you possibly do that would have anything but the smallest useless impact?"

"I can make a stand..show other humans that we can fight back Mayne I'll save one person maybe two maybe I'll save everyone or maybe no one but I won't stop fighting no matter what..I will protect my people I will do my best to save them to give them some hope even if it's better to have none at all I will fight to the death because I would rather die a human who fought for his freedom rather than one who lived as a coward and a slave"

"Fair enough." Isabella hummed in response as if she had simply skimmed over his words when in reality she couldn't help but ponder on them for a moment. It was rather fortunate all of his race didn't share the same thought process. In a way, she could understand the 'fight until your last breath' attitude as it was one many demons carried; beast and civilised alike. But his hope? It was useless. There was no hope for the weak race with such a powerful domineering one on top, yet this man continued to talk as though he honestly believed there was. It was so intriguing.

"Although I don't think you will come across many humans who have the will to fight as much any more. You're definitely the most determined I've seen." She paused in silence for a moment before straitening up slightly with her chin tilted high in case he looked up at the next question. "What shall I call you, human?"

He shoots her a look clearly intrigued vast to why she would want to know his name no demons cared about such things "..and why would you like to know? So when you cut out my heart and feast upon it you can say your sorry?'

Isabella ignored the last comment. She didn't really want to admit out loud that the human intrigued her, pressing it off as casually as a flick of the hand. "Everyone has a name, no? I am just curious to what yours is, although If you prefer I can continue to call you human, soft pink fleshy grounded awkward jabby chattery thing you are; I'm sure more nicknames will follow if that's what you close.

He sighs and shakes his head and rubs his eyes he didn't understand why she was acting like this they were ememits weren't they? "Jaaon...Jason Clark

"I like human better." Isabella decided almost instantly, watching the man walk. In all honesty she was waiting for him to stumble, to trip fr exhaustion and hit the ground as he looked so inclined to do right now. She had never seen one feint from exhaustion, but there was a first time for everything right?

"Yes I will continue to call you human. And so you know, the ways you're headed at the moment leads to a dead end of large fallen rocks some time ago. Unless it is your intention to climb them?" She certainly had no plans to shut up any time soon, not caring if he wanted her too. Isabella still concidered the man under her power at the moment, as he he trailed through her home.

He narrows his eyes at her as he starts leaning against his make shift spear as a walking stick to help keep him upright he felt his movements getting slower more sluggish and he knew it wouldn't be long now before he fainted. but in his head he continued to scream at himself "KEEP GOING!" clenching his jaw he shook his head in attempt to keep his heavy eyelids open as she spoke about the boulders he hung his head slightly and cursed his luck. He turned a bit to the east and started walking in that direction "..well then i'll have to alter my course simple as that."

Without warning the demoness fluttered down to land on the ground, shifting to walk beside Jason in a tall strut. She didn't fear his weapon now, not when it was being used so essentially to keep him standing up-right and on the move. In fact, she could probably knock it out from under him right now with a quick whip-like movement of her tail of her tail; causing the human to fall. That would be amusing. But Isabella didn't, she wouldn't put it above her to do so simply out of boredom but else was currently on her mind.

"I don't think its quite as simple as you say, and I don't believe you do either." She hummed lightly, waiting for him to fall at this point although Isabella wasn't sure what she would do once he actually did. For now, it was simple entertainment. He was amusing. Later? Well the human was probably going to end up a meal for something or else, especially if left on the forest floor passed out. Hmm. "You won't make it a hundred more paces, not before hitting the ground."

He growls at her and keeps hobbling along he was now drenched in sweat and his eyelids felt like metal gates waiting to close "..easy or not..I will try to save my planet..." with those final words he finally passed out and crashed to ground with a loud Whoomp (lol idk XD

"Ah." Isabella paced to a slow stop when Jason finally met his current end and -rather dramatically- hit the ground. Well that was shorter then she had expected. There was something of a snap when he hit, it sounded like a poorly placed twig or stick but part of her wondered if it had been some part of the humans body. She watched him for a short quiet moment, clicking her tongue before walking over to nudge his arm with a light kick. No response. "Oh well. Well that's unfortunate." The demon stepped over him and proceeded on , wondering what would and up making a meal out of the strange man.

And then stopped not much father along. She couldn't help but to glance back about ten feet away, scan over him crumpled on the forest floor. It didn't look very comfortable. He certainly was interesting, had an interesting goal and a determined attitude towards it. But the man was also strong, definitely able-bodied and would make of good use if he didn't seem so tough to break -if he wasn't such a potentially dangerous opponent. Pshh, he got the best of you there by luck. You could take him, maybe not easily but he definitely wouldn't come out on top of a fight next time. Maybe even... keep him? It almost seemed like a shame to leave him there, although Isabella knew once the man woke up he would probably be on the move again.

It did seem like a waste. The girl slowly made her way back, poking Jason again a few times before crouching down and thinking to herself. Maybe she could bring him back, her home stay wasn't really far from here. What harm could come from it? As long as she didn't bring his pointy stick along Isabella knew she would have the upper hand should he choose to get aggressive. In fact that was the first thing she did, pulling the weapon from his hands in a firm movement to toss it unkindly -the nasty metallic thing landed six feet away which gave a much safer feeling. He had no claws, no sharp teeth, no wings or tail or anything to attack her with worth time now. Carefully the girl pulled one of his arms around her shoulder, taking time to make sure he was still out cold before pulling them back up. Shit. He was heavier then she had expected. This might take a while.

His head rolled around sluggishly and he groaned as she picked him up he was pretty heavy and it would take them a while to get to wherever they were going his eyes opened slightly to look at her put of the corner of his eye but he was way too tired to say or do anything

Isabella didn't notice his hazy conciousness as she walked on, he would have felt the light brush of her wings with each step of the heavy uncomfortably position. She would have liked to wrap her tail around him to help hold Jason in place but it was needed for balance -quite simply the extra weight was not doing a favour to keep her stable. Why the hell was he so heavy? "This is probably not worth it." The demoness growled.

As soon as she reached where she needed to be, Isabella dropped Jason with a familiar 'thud'. He would have hit the hard floor of her 'home' just inside the door, old floorboards leading up to the seemingly ancient stone walls of a small church placed in the forest -there were remains of a town not far from here but not much stood of that any more at all. This crumbling but sturdy place stood alone, and she had claimed it as a fitting home. When humans were pretty much out of the way many demons took to inhabiting their old homes and dwellings such as this. Towns, Cities, whole populations were flipped although they had no taste for the technology or many of the scientific advances the lower race had made; most resorting to something of a much similar life style. Of course there were a few here and there that took up the luxuries left behind -these were usually the civilized demons who owned multiple humans at once.

Isabella had owned one human for some time before, and she ended up killing him. He had been annoying. Not a smart buy, she hadn't toyed with the idea since.

The little place inside probably wasn't even five hundred square feet but it suited her just fine; composed of the main room filled with benches and one smaller room off to the side with a bed that she often slept in -if she didn't feel like sleeping off the ground up on the solid boards of the low rafters. Isabella had cleared out quite a few things for her own personal space but the same general old look of the church remained. She had faught twice for the rights to live this territory and wasn't often too keen on sharing it, but didn't feel like the human would be much of a threat to her home.

He groans as his head bounces off the floor he slowly and weakly reaches up and holds his head his face tightened in a grimace why had she helped him? If he could call it help why not just leave him? What did she have planned for him? Whatever it was he didn't plan to stick around to find out he weakly starts trying to sit up but he could barely manage to get his shoulders off the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.