How to coexist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica watched the exchange curiously, and at some point she did start to wonder if what she was watching was even legal. It definitely seemed a bit fishy, but on the other hand, who would exchange drugs for pizza? That seemed like the biggest loss ever. Once Damon's eyes fell on her, she definitely had some skeptical, and even blaming eyes put on him.

She wasn't sure if the explanation was believable or not, but since the rational part of her brain still told her that no one would exchange drugs for pizza, she accepted it. Still, that did seem like a candy she wanted to stay away from. Drugs or not, that stuff seemed addicting. Well, sugar was addicting, and she certainly couldn't stay away from soda for too long, but that stuff seemed to be something extra, and not in a good way.

"Does that mean pizza every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the whole month?" Veronica asked curiously. It was funny how people sometimes used the phrase free x for a whole month or year, but did that mean an unlimited amount for that time period, or just for certain meals or in case it wasn't eatable, only so much that actually was used for that amount of time? "Damn, I wish I had an old family recipe I could drug deal to people for free food."

"He means free pizza whenever I want it for the whole month," Damon replied before grinning at George, who had produced another pinky covered in the blue liquid and was currently sucking it clean. "Go on George. Thanks for the pizzas." He closed the door and walked towards the table with them before setting it down. "And I told you it isn't a drug. You can ask anyone in the building that likes it that it isn't a drug." Not... entirely I mean. "Think of it as an energy boost for people that like sweet or sour things, but can't handle the energy drinks that are out there on the market for various reasons. My sister uses the Green Grape, and since energy drinks generally send me into shock, I use the Psychic Blue or Ravish Red." As he explained he went over to a cabinet in the kitchen and grabbed a few other bags--green, tourquois and red-- and brought them back over with plates to show.

He opened the red one and held it out. "Take a sniff. I've been told it smells like raspberries or strawberries but to me it smells like roses and sunsets after it's rained," he said with a grin. The truth was each had no scent, but the magic that was used to create it allowed the person who smelled it to smell what was most appealing or energizing to them. He was curious as to what she would smell.

It was quite entertaining to see him defend himself. "I'm sure sugar can be counted as a drug, considering how easily one can get addicted to it." Veronica said in a teasing manner. The drug jokes would definitely not die for a while.

She looked at him with skeptical eyes. The scent was supposed to be strawberries but he thought it was closer to roses and sunsets after it's rained? That was very specific. Did it smell differently after it rained if there was a sunset than when the sun was high up in the sky or the moon was out? Maybe he liked poetry. It seemed like a very poetic statement.

The girl leaned forward and took in the scent. Her eyebrows wrinkled as the scent didn't seem to remotely resemble raspberries and strawberries or any berries at all. "Are you sure the people you gave it to weren't stoned when they smelled it?" She asked half serious. "This is not berries." She stated, but once she thought of explaining what it actually smelled like, she was at loss for words. "It's hard to describe it, but definitely not berries. It's more like... This will sound super strange, but it seriously smells like my grandmothers home. She always had that nice old scent lingering to her clothes when she left her home too. Some kind of mix between mint and old books." That was probably the best description she could give. "Definitely not strawberries though."

He actually managed a laugh before shaking his head. "It is why I asked you Veronica. Everyone that I speak to has a different idea of what it smells like. I chalk it up to different batches smell differently," he explained. "Give it a small try at least? It won't addict you to it, promise. It really is just like that gushers candy." It might also just send her sky rocketting into overactive hyperness or not do anything at all. Human's reactions to it were often different depending on the person's spirit.

"I thought there were some kind of rules in the underworld. First become sex friends, then share your cocaine." Veronica teased, but continued before he could say anything. "I think I enjoy this order better though."

She took a small amount of the powder from the bag. Before tasting it, she sniffed on it again. It was kind of creepy how it could smell so much like her grandmothers home. How was that even possible? It was food after all. "If I have to go to drug rehab after this, it will be your fault." She joked one last time before finally giving it a try.

The smell might have been magical, but the taste was mainly sugar. Veronica waiting for something to happen, like a magical explosion of flavors in her mouth. It was quite disappointing. Considering how Damon's friend had reacted she had thought the taste would have been the best. "Doesn't seem to be any rehab for me. Except if I start getting obsessed with sniffing on it. Can you make a perfume out of this? It would be awesome if I could make my room smell like that. It would give a better effect than any incense in the world."

It was quite funny how something that was supposed to give you a sugar rush only calmed her down. Though considering what a small amount she took, she hadn't expected any change. Now she was reaching for the pizza on the table, more than ready for her long awaited breakfast.

The tengu chuckled. "Damn, would have been funny to watch," He said with another chuckle as he pulled out a piece of pizza for himself and then held her box open for her to take a piece. "Perfume? I don't know, I've never tried. That'd be something to ask my sister about though. She'd probably be the one that knows about perfumes. Our mothers said I never had a good nose anyway."

"Hmm... While it is tempting to ask her, I think it's better not to. I only meet my grandmother every now and then and everything about those meetings are special because it doesn't happen often. Even the smell is precious. So having it on bottle would just get me used to it, and eventually it wouldn't feel special anymore." Veronica explained as she took a pizza piece.

"So, how eventful will your day be? Care to show a complete stranger around town?" She then asked after having swallowed a piece. "This is delicious by the way. It's almost worth that threesome. Almost."

(Sorry it took so long. Had problem with my hand for 1½ week and then I had a horrible stomach ache yesterday >_> Once they get out I'll throw Levi into the story again ^^)

(That's fine Red :D I've been having some issues with family members the last week myself and haven't really been able to reply to anything for the last few days)

The tengu laughed and munched on his own piece of pizza. "I warned you. I rarely try anyone else's pizza when I can get his," he answered before considering the question. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get her out of the place so some of the proverbial feathers could be smoothed down for a time before she returned and all hell figuratively broke loose. Well... He hoped figuratively. He'd hate for some of the place's more demonic hell spawn to get angry. "Sure. I can show you about. I've an erand that I've got to do and can do while we are out."

"Great, then I won't have to learn the hard way by reading a map and getting lost for four hours." Veronica mused. Getting to know new places by herself was one of the worst things she knew. It was impossible for her not to get lost even though she had the simplest of instructions that showed her where to go. With a guide the first trip was much more pleasant and she would probably remember the way for her second walk.

"So what is the errand about? Getting laundry? Picking up a package? Getting the new drug load?" She smiled. After that strange exchange she would definitely tease him over it for quite a while forward, or at least until he became so annoyed with it that he stopped talking to her.

"I promise I won't tell the cops." She grinned before digging into the pizza once again.

The man chuckled and shook his head. "No, none of those. Well... not really," he laughed. "I have to buy the ingredients so I can make some more batches of the blues and greens. And I promised to get some stuff for my sister while I'm out."

"And if some cops happens to pass by, we'll just have to act natural." Veronica grinned.

The pizza was fast consumed and afterwards it didn't take her long to go through her morning routine. Well, technically speaking, it was noon already, but veronica would call it a morning routine as long as it was done within two hours of waking up, no matter which time of the day it was.

"Ready to leave?" She asked as she was putting on a grey hoodie in case it would be windy outside.

The tengu chuckled before disappearing back into his room to get dressed. Yes, there were times when he totally could enjoy having a human roommate, though it was going to suck entirely too much when he had to stretch his powers. When she came out of his room he was resting on the couch, relaxed in a pair of black jeans that were tight in the right places but didn't seem to cut off circulation, a pair of black boots, and a red t-shirt with a black design of a crow on it with it's wings spread. He pushed himself up, hair pulled back in a tail for the moment.

"As ready as I ever am to escape my hermit-hood," he teased before turning and walking to the door and opening it, sweeping his arm for her to leave first.

"And here I thought that I only would be able to find hermits in the desert. You're not as dirty as I expected, and no beard either? I'm slightly disappointed." She chuckled as she past him. A figure in the corner of her eye caught her attention and she looked towards the young man with the peculiar white hair. Odd hair color. Birth defect or colored? Either way it really suited him.

Levi leaned against the wall, almost as if he had been waiting for them. In reality he had been listening in on them and hadn't gotten away in time before they stepped out.

"Hey Damon. What a coincidence we're going out at the exact same time." The kitsune laughed as innocently as he could. "Is this the new roommate you told me about yesterday?"

"Veronica." She said before Damon got the chance and she reached out her hand to shake his. He hesitated for a few seconds but then took her hand and shook it for a few seconds. "Yesterday. So you're Levi then?" She asked him, remembering the loud neighbor from the day before. The kitsune nodded but didn't ask how she knew that as she already had gone back into her own room once Damon had opened the door. He was fairly certain that damn tengu had said something idiotic about him.

"Mind if I join you guys today?" He knew what the tengu would say about that matter, but he needed to check what was up with her still being there. Couldn't Damon have frightened her away during the night?

"Sure, if you don't have any other plans." Veronica smiled. While she had a feeling that Damon and Levi weren't the best of friends, she didn't think they disliked each other. Maybe there was some kind of friendly rivalry between them, but probably nothing more.

Damon smirked at Levi, before stepping forward. "Sure Levi, if you promise not to pound on our door like a madman anymore," he teased with a gentle pat on his cheek before going to the door and opening it for the two. "Shall we?"

"That was..." Levi shut his mouth quickly. It had been an emergency. There was a human in the house after all, and she was still there for some reason. Couldn't he even scare away one little girl?

"Yeah yeah, I won't do it again." He rolled his eyes and followed the two outside. "Why is she still here?" He whispered so low, no human could hear. "Weren't you going to scare her off?"

"So, have you two known each other for long?" Veronica asked, speaking over Levi's last sentence, not even realizing he had said anything.

"Uhm... A while." Levi scratched his cheek. He didn't have too much knowledge of humans life spans and weren't sure what age he even looked nor what the appropriate time for a human to move out was. They might have been forced into the human society, but many spirits kept to themselves and didn't bother to interact with humans. All he knew was that they lived short lives and disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Damon smiled. "Since I moved into the building. Levi was already here when my sister and I moved in," he explained to Veronica. He then cast Levi a little look, replying in his own special way—telepathically. She is still here because she doesn't believe in ghosts and I'm doing the best I can. You want to take a go at it, be my guest, but she's harder than you might think.

Hard? A human? She was just a girl. That stupid bird just didn't know how to scare someone properly. Levi would just have to fix it himself then. Fox spirits were known for being tricksters, so it was only appropriate for him to take care of it.

"Hmph, just watch the master of mischief work tonight and by tomorrow it will be as if she never had entered our home to begin with." He said as lowly as before. One day even he might learn telepathy, but with only two tails at the moment, he was on a too low level. One day he would definitely get his nine tails, though.

"Seems like you've known each other for quite some time then. It must be nice to have your friends living just next door. When I lived with my parents, we lived in an area where there were no kids or teens my age. Most of my friends, lived at least an hours drive away and I mainly saw them in school. It sucked." Veronica said. Now she lived even further away from her friends, but that was pretty much part of growing up and moving away from home. Now it was just to make new friends. And so far she seemed to be doing a good job. Levi shivered slightly at the word friend, but didn't correct her on the matter. She would be out of the house soon enough, and then he could go back to avoiding that stupid bird.

Damon actually chuckled a little bit. "It is fun living near a 'friend'" he said with a grin over at Levi. "So much fun. Anyway, what is it that you were hoping to buy, and I'll show you the way, Veronica?"

"Stop rubbing it in." Levi murmured while glaring at the tengu. If his father knew he was even speaking with that thing, all hell would break lose. That old man couldn't stand Damon's race.

"Well, all the heavy stuff will have to wait until the weekend when a friend of mine will be over with his car to help me get it." Veronica started. Furniture would just be a pain to carry back. "For now I need food, since I can't live on only pizza no matter how good they are, clothes since I only brought the bare minimum and I need to get to a bookstore named Foyles. I ordered some books for my online classes that I need to pick up."

Damon laughed at Levi's murmur despite himself before sheepishly grinning at Veronica. "I'm sure Levi would be willing to help you and your friend move the stuff up from the car this weekend. I'll help too of course but I've got some family matters to deal with so I'll be sort of out of town on Saturday," he volunteered helpfully as he motioned for her to turn one way that would take them to Foyles. Books and then food.

Status
Not open for further replies.