How to coexist

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Naah, don't let me impose on your freedom. I lived with my nudist male cousin for two years, nothing bothers me anymore." She said with a slight teasing tone in her voice. "But I would prefer it if you kept your boxers on any way." Veronica fast added before he got any funny ideas. Her cousin had been okay, mainly because she had known him since childhood and never could see him in a sexual way no matter how naked he was. But if her new super hot roommate started to run around butt naked, she would definitely feel uncomfortable.

He chuckled softly and shook his head. "Don't worry. The only time I take those off are to sleep or take a shower. As long as you don't walk into my room when I'm sleepin' you'll be fine," he teased softly before taking another sip of his tea. "Hm, I was thinking of ordering in a pizza for breakfast. Interested?"

Veronica raised an eyebrow at his question. "Pizza? Huh. With that body I was sure you would be the type to eat all the right things. But I guess no night owls ever have good eating habits." She grinned and took another sip on her coffee.

"A BBQ chicken pizza with extra onion and mushrooms sounds like a good breakfast." She stated. "Though that might give me a bad breath..." She then mumbled. "But I have gum for that, so it should be fine. So pizza's perfect."

The man chuckled. "I usually work the pizza off when I work out up in the gym on the tenth floor," he explained as he turned, giving her a good view of his back and backside as he reached for the phone and hit a few keys on it. "Hey George. Yeah my usual and a BBQ chicken pizza, extra onion and mushrooms. Yeah for the new roommate. Yes it's true. Deliver the pizza yourself and you can meet her. Oh shut it you perv. Just get us our pizzas okay?"

He hung up and chuckled, shaking his head. "It should be here shortly. George makes the best food I've ever tasted," he told her.

"Hmm..." She mused as the phone call ended. "And what comment made the master chef into a perv? Did he wonder if I was sexy, single or if I've jumped into your bed yet?" Veronica chuckled before clunking down a third of her remaining coffee. It wouldn't have been the first time a friend to her friend had asked something like that. Sometimes it was annoying, but other times it was just entertaining.

He chuckled and stepped forward, "He wanted to know if you didn't mind having a threesome with two bisexual men," he teased, poking her nose teasingly before taking a drink of his tea and turning away. "He also lives three floors down so we should smell the pizza before it is done."

"Well that one's new." Veronica said slightly taken aback. "Call me old fashioned, but I think I prefer one guy at a time." She then said with a small laugh. "And preferably a committed one. Most men, and women for that matter, don't get me anywhere near a bed before the third month, no matter how hot they are." She eyed Damon during her last words. He was certainly every woman's dream, but she wouldn't be foolish enough to jump into a one night stand with her roommate.

He looked back at her and smirked. "If you are talking about me, I'll take the compliment," he answered before chuckling, "As for me. I may be bisexual, but I am quite like you. I prefer one at a time, where I can focus my attention on them and them alone. And a few dates are definitely required. Or quite a lot of alcohol. Whichever comes first in most cases, since I only occassionally drink unless its tea."

He then turned back away to refill his glass before walking away and towards the couch, stretching out on it and resting there with his hand over his eyes. "Damn Jasper upstairs needs to turn his music down at dawn though. He may like the mornings but I sure as hell don't."

A committed hot guy? And here she thought they only existed in Disney movies. Not because it mattered, she wasn't planning on dating him. Considering they had to live together for a while, it would be rather awkward if something happened between them. One could get over a normal fight easily, but if a break up happened then it would take years before they could even look each other in the eyes. At least if the relationship ended in a bad way. If you just grow apart, then it's usually not a big deal. Not because she would know, her relationships usually ended up awkwardly.

"Really?" Veronica chuckled. "I slept like a log at dawn. Not even a wild bear eating my gut would have awoken me." A slightly morbid explanation of her sleeping behavior, but it probably did get the point across. For the first four hours after she had fallen asleep, she would not wake up no matter what. Hopefully she would never experience a house fire during those hours.

"You know, you could just return the favor. Some childish revenge is quite entertaining at times." She proposed, wondering if he actually would decide to do something. Playing music in the middle of the night would be a bad way of dealing with it as it would disturb more people than just Jasper, but there was probably some way of waking him up without disturbing someone else.

"Oh I've tried. He's lived above us for almost--" he hesitated and did a quick calculation. Yeah he couldn't say that Jasper had lived there for well over twenty five years. How long had he said he'd lived there? "Er, he was here before me. Usually I sleep through it but today he's just being extra assy with that monk humming music and those evil little ringing bowls." He rubbed his ear for emphasis before yawning and then downing some more tea. "I'll take you up to meet Jasper sometime." If I can't find a way to run you up that is... he thought with an extra bit of morbidness before closing his eyes and just remaining sprawled out in all his half-naked glory.

Monk humming? Ringing bowls? "That's an... Interesting choice of music." Annoying was probably a better word for it. Veronica was rather glad she could sleep through it, because that sound would have made her go crazy after just a few minutes.

"Too bad I'll miss it every morning." She added, though the relief was clearly there in her voice. "But I guess a pizza will make up for that." She then chuckled. Pizza made up for most things, even when it was a fake problem. "And what kind of music should I expect to hear from your room?" Veronica asked curiously. He had to have better taste in music than monk humming. She guessed that punk rock, or rock would be the favorite, but who knew, he had surprised her quite a bit so far.

"None most like," he said with a chuckle as he looked over at her. Then he tapped his ears. "I usually don't listen to music unless I have my earbuds in or my Beats on. If I do listen it isn't all that loud because I have good hearing and don't need it to be too loud. And it all really depends on my moods. I can go for classical when I want to mellow out from anything or I can go for hard rock or rap, adult alternative, or punk. Depends on what I'm doing and what I want to be doing." He shrugged and then smirked at her. "And you? What should I expect to hear from yours?"

Veronica was definitely surprised that his first answer was classical. Of course there came more after that, and it didn't seem to be his absolute favorite, but he didn't seem like the type that would enjoy classical at any level.

"Mainly jazz and blues, but old school rock is also reoccurring. Though you would need quite excellent hearing to hear it through my headset. Considering I mainly just listen to music during the night when I study, I've gotten used to not playing it out loud." She guessed his reasons for not playing music out loud so others could hear was the same.

"Though I never would have imagined you would listen to classical. I did play it for a while, but now a days, classical music just brings bad memories for me. My mom forced me into an orchestra when I was a kid, and our teacher was the worst person ever. She yelled so much for any small mistake, I think my hearing has been reduced with 60%. I became quite good at the flute though, but it's not like I have the motivation to continue it any longer. If you teach it the wrong way, you'll just scare your students away from the subject." Veronica chuckled. It had been a few years since she quit. Would she still have the same skill if she decided to pick it up again?

He smiled and then rolled from the couch. "Flutes huh? Ever played a pan flute?" he asked, moving towards his bedroom and pushing hte door open. He walked to a wall that was decorated with different instruments he had collected over the years from guitars to flutes and violins. He peered at them and pulled down a pan flute and returned to the living room quickly enough. He brought it up to his lips and gave it a soft little blow, the sound filtering around the room before he offered it to her to try. "Don't let a bitch of a teacher reduce your own desire to create music."

"Can't say I have." Veronica replied as Damon disappeared into his room. It didn't take him long to come back. "You do realize that there's a bit of a difference between a concert flute and a pan flute." She pointed out as he handed her the flute. But even though she said that, she still blew some air into the holes and went from furthest left to the furthest right of the flute. Hearing which holes gave which sound gave her some ideas which songs she could try out on the spot without making a too big fool of herself.

"I don't have a big desire of creating music, it was just my parents who pushed me into it." She told him before trying out a small, somewhat easy melody. She missed one tone and went one hole too much to the left, but one mistake wasn't too bad for the first time. Especially since she hadn't even touched a normal flute in three years. Though she was good at remembering and repeating sounds, so it still wasn't a big surprise that she could pinpoint which sound was where. "But I guess it can be fun now and then. As long as it's nothing made by Mozart. I swear, if his body wasn't completely decomposed by this point, my teacher might just have dug it up and put it in her freezer. She was completely obsessed with him and his music."

Without thinking about it, the tengu chuckled and nodded. "Mozart was a complete ass. You can hear it in his music. Definitely thought more of himself than he was worth if you ask me," he admitted as he took the flute back and slumped onto the the couch again, using the flute to make a copy of the music she'd just made before falling into his own melody afterwards, his eyes closing halfway as he worked.

Veronica giggled at his comment, then she leaned back and listened to him play for a little while. "You're good. How long have you been playing?" She asked eventually before noticing an incredible scent coming their way. "Mmm. It seems our breakfast is close to done. It smells delicious." She commented. At the reminder of food, her stomach suddenly started to make weird rumbling noises. Veronica tried not to make a big deal out of it, and just hoped he wouldn't notice. Though a slight blush started to appear on her cheeks, probably giving her embarrassment away.

"Long enough," he admitted with a grin. He did notice the sound though, but proved to be at least something of a gentleman by ignoring it. He placed the pan flute down on the side table next to him and rose, going to open the door just as a man who was tall and lanky was raising a hand to knock. His golden gaze widened a bit and then darted away to the woman with raised eyebrows. "Human?" he hissed as he sniffed the air, before he received a glare from the tengu in front of him. "Ah, uh, pizza delivery," he said with a forced laugh. "And a pleasure to meet a woman who has to put up with this stupid idiot. He hasn't bored you yet, lass?"

It was quite odd that Damon had been able to open the door just before the man knocked on it, but she guessed since they knew each other rather well, it might just be that his inner clock knew exactly how long it took from the moment he called to the moment the pizza arrived. Maybe.

George gave her a strange look, but it disappeared too fast for her to decipher what he might have meant with it. At least she knew she hadn't imagined it as he soon gave a very forced laugh. It was almost like the evening before, when both the girls had suddenly stopped and become odd upon noticing her presence.

Veronica smiled back politely. "Well, he did refuse a threesome on my behalf. Maybe not boring, but definitely disappointing." She couldn't help herself. It was way too tempting to make a joke about it. "I'm Veronica Clark." She then introduced herself as she stood up. "I've heard you're an exceptional chef, I'm looking forward to see if you live up to your reputation." Veronica then added, with a slightly challenging tone.

George chuckled softly at Veronica's greeting. "He's always a disappointment. Never is able to live up to my suggestions," he purred, "Can't ever take 'im nowhere. But you, I bet you'd be a nice catch at the end of an arm somewhere and you won't let me hang dry." His voice was smooth as silk and as he spoke an accent, French or maybe even Italian, slipped in.

"Oi!" Damon snapped, a smirk crossing his face. "Now I know you are a over sexualized man George, but she wants food, not your silky ass words. Now hand the pizza's over man." He produced something in his hand and held it out. It in no way looked like money but some sort of bag--almost like a drug baggie, but within was a liquid as shiny blue as a sapphire. The shiny liquid suddenly zapped George's eyes to it and the smile on his face was like the Chesire Cat's.

"Oh Damon, you know a way into any person's heart! Is that Psychic Blue?" George asked, practically bouncing where he was holding the pizza box.

"As you requested last week after you had that bad reaction to the Turquois Shine," Damon grinned right back. "Now, wanna give us your pizza?"

George snatched the baggie and opened it quickly one handed as he held out the pizza. He gave the baggie a sniff and visibly shivered. "Oh man Damon, you really need to give me the recipe to this shit."

Damon laughed, "Not on your life. Old family recipe's stay old family recipes. Now remember a drop on your tongue first before you just down it, to make sure that it doesn't send you shocked again."

"Yes, yes, I remember Damon, I remember. Man you act like I'm a kid."

"You are a kid.. with candy you dumbass," Damon answered as he took the pizza's and looked down at Veronica. "Ready to put his food to the test?" It was looking at the human that it finally clicked how the whole event must have sounded and looked. "And before you assume I'm a drug dealer, Psychic Blue is an old family recipe for a candy. It's like... Like... like..." He looked at George for help to explain the taste.

"Like those Gushers they had a while back? The liquid inside not the chewy gummy stuff. You should try it sometime beauty. It'll send you on a sugar high so fast you'll have enough energy to do an entire course in a week. And that's just a few drops of it," George explained as he dipped his finger into the bag and demonstrated by putting a drop on his tongue no bigger than the size of his pinky. His tongue rolled back into his mouth and he shivered again. "Delicious dude, amazing. Thanks! Three more next time and you'll get a month free of pizza's."

Damon nodded. "Will do."

Status
Not open for further replies.