How to coexist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, he did believe in those kind of things. That was a bit of a shocker. Did that mean he was completely against games like the oujia board or bloody Mary? Some people who believed in spirits despised those games because they angered the spirits. Or was he the kind who liked those games because it might give him contact with the spirit world? Maybe she'd ask him someday.

"I do agree that all legends were created for a reason, but I don't think they should be taken too literal. It's mainly just stories to teach children that they shouldn't do certain things. As for everything that doesn't have a moral cake, people have a great imagination and just loves to make things up." Veronica said, putting her own opinion on the table. "But who knows. The ghosts lurking around in this building might scare some sense into me." She suggested, though she doubted it. She did try to be open minded about things, but when it came to stuff that couldn't be proven easily, such as ghosts and demons, she would need some first hand experience to believe it, and even then it was often possible to find natural explanations for it.

(Don't worry. 4 days isn't that long ^^)

The man smirked and gave a shrug. "Believe as you will. Just remember not to bad mouth legends around others. They might not care for it," He teased softly before he stepped closer to her. "But if you are as nocturnal as you say you are, you shouldn't have all that much trouble sticking out of people's way. Those that are nocturnal tend to leave the building quickly so they can be about their business."

Stepping around he started towards his room and with a bit more magic, raised the woman's chair silently so that when she returned it would look like the chair 'magically' raised itself. "Call if you need any help."

Veronica raised an eyebrow. Did he believe she would run out because of some ghost stories? She might have to disappoint him then. "Oh don't worry, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." She assured him before turning around, walking back towards her room. What greeted her was a chair that somehow had moved.. Into the air. Staring at it she couldn't even find the voice to scream. What was going on?

Then it hit her. He had planned it. Damon wanted to prank her so he had set it up before she even arrived and then told her about the rumors just to scare her up a bit. "Haha, very funny Damon. What are you using? Invincible threads? Magnets?" She said with raised voice so he would be able to hear her through the door if he had already closed it.

Damon had to keep from laughing himself silly at her words. Him? Invisible threads? Magnets? Only because she was a human and did not know he was a tengu with enough power to snap her in half did he not take offense to her questions. Instead he turned and came to her doorway, putting all his acting skills to use as he gaped at the 'floating' chair. "Whatever you've said must have pissed the spirits here off," he said, making a small motion in front of him as if he was warding off evil spirits. "That isn't my doing."

Veronica wasn't convinced. It seemed quite counterproductive to just float a chair in the air if someone had offended you. Very strange spirits in that case.

"Right. Whatever you say." She said sarcastically while rolling her eyes. "I guess it's like in paranormal activity. It starts with the furniture, then before you know it you will get thrown into the ceiling." She laughed, definitely not taking his scare tactic seriously.

THrown into the ceiling? What do you humans think we are, barbarians? Damon wondered as he kept his actors face on... Though it did give him an idea...

"I always thought Paranormal Activity was a bad movie--"

Before he could finish the chair whizzed towards Veronica. It would have slammed right into her if Damon hadn't purposefully rushed ofrward to push her out of the way. He gave her a shove out of the way just as the chair slammed into him. Even though he was expecting it, his body went stumbling back, a grunt of surprise leaving his mouth. Damn it, the chair was heavier than he had thought it was.

He ended up on his back, staring up at the chair and ceiling wondering how an idiot idea like that had seemed smart at the time.

"Are you crazy?" Veronica asked after she had been pushed away and seen the chair, together with Damon, landed on the floor. She weren't sure if she was saying it because he took the hit for her or because she wanted to believe that he was the one playing a joke on her. Either way, that had looked way too dangerous.

Kneeling down at his side, she looked him over. "Can you get up or should I call an ambulance?" She asked while reaching out a helping hand in case he hurt his back and needed help up. "Maybe I should call ghost busters at the same time." Veronica still didn't believe there was a ghost in the building. Maybe it wasn't Damon playing a prank on her, but there were other people living there. He might or might not know who was behind it, but so far she was quite certain it was human made. If Damon wasn't in on it, then it was a pretty mean joke. Someone could have gotten hurt in that last trick.

Damon was stunned for a few moments before he slowly blinked a few times and took a breath and began to stir. He was like any bird that had slammed into a window. Stunned and his systems needed time to reboot as much as he hated to admit it. When he was free of the chair, and then staring up into other's face, he shook himself and sat bolt up without any help. "Holy fuuuu- uh... fudgesticks," he amended as he rubbed his stomach and grimaced. Stupid human chairs. Stupid Human. This was all her fault after all. Yep, not his fault at all. She should never even bee there anyway.

"Fudgesticks?" Veronica crossed her arms and tried not to laugh, but the smile still gave her away. "I would never have imagined you to be so refined to the degree of not swearing." She confessed. She had never been much for holding back when she got hurt. The words were usually unstoppable once they started to form.

"So if it wasn't you, do you have any idea who might have set such a stupid trap?" Veronica asked Damon before hastily adding "and don't blame a ghost or a demon. I won't fall for that."

He raised his gaze to her and there was a look on his face that said that he didn't usually stop himself from cussing often. "I didn't want to shock you from what was going through my mind just then. It's not like I want to run you off the first day with a show off of my foul language," he teased before he pushed himself up and shook himself a little. "Not a clue. I'll look into it though if you want." He would not let her tell any of his apartment-mates about how he got himself knocked off his feet from his own prank. That would end his credibility as a true demon here for ever.

Veronica almost looked offended at his teasing. "I'm not that easily frightened." She mumbled almost unhearable. At the very least he seemed to be taking the chair throwing thing seriously now. Instead of continuing to spook her with ghosts, he offered to try and find the culprit. Maybe that chair knocked some sense into him.

"Well that would be fucking great. Thank you for the offer." She smiled. The swearing was just a reaction to him avoiding to swear. She rarely used it in normal speech otherwise. "I should probably get to my studies, the move has already made me fall behind severely. Let's hope there won't be any more ghostly surprises tonight." She took up the chair with the intention of bringing it back to her room. It was quite astonishing. She couldn't see any threads attached to it, nor any magnets. Had they somehow put it inside the wood and then masked the outside? Indeed it was strange.

"Let's hope," he said softly before he turned, eyes glowing with mischief. He would leave off "haunting" the girl for the night because he didn't feel like getting thrown off his feet by electricity next time. "Rest up while you study. I'll try and keep the flood of visitors at bay--"

Just as he said that there was a renewed pounding on the front door but there was little time before the door was thrown open. Two young women, one blond and gold eyed, the second black haired and silver eyed, tumbled in, and odd lilting language flying off their tongues that could easily have been described as bird chirping.

Damon closed his eyes for a moment before he stepped forward and held his hands up. "Ladies, Ladies..." and then he started to make the same sort of sounds to calm them and explain they needed to relax. "Veronica, I'd like to introduce to you my sister Alia, and her roommate Cali," he motioned first to the black haired girl and then the blonde.

Veronica was quite astonished by what happened next. As she was ready to say goodnight to her roommate and close the door, two girls made their way into their living room. Strange sounds came from them. Obviously it was another language, but it sounded more like the kind of noises birds made. What could possibly be more surprising that that? Well, hearing Damon speaking the exact same language. Was it even humanly possibly to make some of those sounds? Though some dead languages did have strange clicking sounds as part of their language, so there might still be something strange like that out there.

"It's nice to meet you." She told them politely, though in reality her first impression of them was quite the bad one. Rushing into someone's room like that without permission was incredibly rude. Though considering Alia's brother lived there, she was probably used to just being able to barge in. "I'm Veronica Clark." She reached out a hand for them to shake as she introduced herself.

The two women stared at her, looked at her roommate then back at her, their heads snapping back and forth in unison several more times before they looked at each other. It was kinda odd and creepy honestly and even Devon hated seeing his sister and Cali act in unison. It creeped even him out how perfectly in sync they were. Finally the one Devon had said was his sister stepped forward and offered her hand. "Nice to meet you, um, I'm sorry about barging in. We usually are allowed to come and go as we please here since my brother often helps us with problems in our school work," she explained.

(Did you confuse your characters name? You wrote his name wrong two times xD)

Veronica tried not to look freaked out at the two girls weird behavior. If their appearances hadn't been so different from one another, one could probably have mistaken them for twins. It was a bit creepy how they were in such unison with each other.

Finally they broke the silence and the odd stares. Damon's sister walked forward and finally explained herself.

"Oh, I see." Veronica said as they shook hands. That made perfect sense. Family and very close friends could usually visit each other without knocking as long as it wasn't locked. "I don't mind it, so feel free to come and go as usual." She told them. As long as they didn't barge into her own private room, there was no reason for them to change their behaviors. Even though that loudness could be dealt with. But even if she told them not to barge in, that would just result in more banging on the door.

"Do you perhaps come from another country? Or have relatives somewhere? I couldn't recognize the language you were speaking before. It doesn't seem like something taught in most schools." She asked curiously. It was both directed to the girls and Damon. She guessed it was a smaller country with a language not many had heard of.

(honestly? Yes, yes I did. Because... I suck and have like 5 character's with d names. Drake, Devon, Damon, Darek, etc

Sorry for taking so long! Happy New Years though? :D )

Damon shared the look with the girls this time before he smiled over at her and shook his head. "Yes and no. It's an old language that was passed down through our families. We practically grew up together, us and Cali's family. We were always made to talk in it when we were at home so it's a second language," he covered easily before he stepped over and began ushering Cali and Alia to his room. "Sorry again Veronica, and call if you need any help moving anything else. We'll just... discuss things in my room. "

They were certainly a curious family, plus friend. An old language? But he couldn't say its name? Strange. Maybe she should ask about it later. Actually yes, yes she would definitely do that. If it was an old language it would be interesting to check it up.

"Okay, see you later then Damon." Veronica said, not completely sure what had just happened. Then she turned to her room and closed the door behind herself. There certainly were some odd people in that apartment. Hopefully the rest of the people she had not met yet would be a bit more normal, or a bit less loud.

The rest of the night flew by. Veronica listened to music while doing her work for school. If any odd sounds was disturbing the peace, she was the very last to notice them. In the early morning, the girl fell asleep and didn't wake before it was the perfect time for lunch.

It took her stomach quite a lot of grumbling before it was able to make her leave the comfy bed and her room. She didn't care much about taking care of her hair though, so she stepped out with some of the worst bed hair the world had ever seen. But at least she had been awake enough to put on pants and a shirt. "G'mornin." She mumbled still a bit sleep groggy as she closed her room door behind her. She weren't even sure at that point if Damon was awake or not or if he was in the apartment or not, so she could as well have spoken to the air.

(-gasps as I see you are now Staff Member- OMG CONGRATS! :D)

The woman wasn't alone that morning. In fact, Damon looked almost as bad as she did, but without a shirt and only a pair of boxers. Yeah, he wasn't honestly a morning person. Even if 'morning' was 'noon'. "Morning," he grumbled back, "If you like coffee there is some in the maker over there. If not we have tea as well." He hefted a rather large cup of the dark, lightly fragrent tea he had made for himself. It had been a habit of his old roommate that whoever woke first would make coffee--even though Damon never drank it, his old roommate drank it as if it were going out of style. Coffee and him just didn't work well together.

(THANKS :D I was pretty much kidnapped into the job xD haha)

"Coffee seems like a lovely start." She replied, not completely aware yet of the half naked man in the room. "So are we officially married now?" Veronica joked as she poured herself a cup of coffee. She didn't care to put anything into it though. She was the strange kind that only could drink it black.

Turning around in the middle of a sip, she got quite the shock seeing her roommate in only boxers so to the degree she choked on it for a moment. "Well hello there mister biceps." She said and added an impressed whistle at the end. Sure, she had known he had muscles from the day before, but clothes did hide quite a bit.

The man sipped his tea until she turned and whistled at him. This caused him to repeat her little choke before he smirked a bit, shifting just a bit where he stood. "If it makes you uncomfortable I can go get dressed," He teased, bringing his cup up to his lips, which only served to flex his muscles more for her entertainment. He had had many women tell him over the years that he was the perfect mix of muscles and lithe grace--just enough of both to make his body tough to put down and enticing. Hell he'd even been a stripper for a few years just because he'd liked getting looked at by women.

Status
Not open for further replies.