That hurt

My height is all in my limbs, which makes the following things kinda tough
  • Finding shirts with long enough sleeves
  • Finding pants with long enough legs
  • Fitting in small cars
  • Hitting your head on low ceilings/doorframes
  • Hitting your head on open cupboard doors
  • Wanting to wear heels but not wanting to tower like a giantess
  • "Long" shirts, tunics, and coats fit more like they're a half size too big rather than a long style

But! I still like being tallish!

• I can reach stuff
  • My legs go for miiiiles
  • Chinrests on short people
  • Armrests on short people
  • Long legs let me easily flee from angry short people
<3

Reactions: Hana
Five feet on the dot here, and it's AWESOME.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
5'5"

Everyone thought I would be super tall. Nope. I stopped growing when everyone else started. :E

Reactions: Hana and Pahndemic
5'1"

been since middle school

Go stunted growth

I'm 6'2", which it wasn't fun because in the 9th grade I was the shortest kid in class until suddenly my body decided to have a giant growth spurt over the summer. I went from being 5'5" to 6'2".

Oddly enough, same thing happened to my Father when he was in High School. He was the shortest kid, then sudden growth spurt and now he is 6'5".

Where my 5'9" peeps at?
You know, Melon, I never really envisioned that you would stand quite above me in height. I guess I kind of pictured you as a little smudge.

Huh.

Reactions: Hana and Melon
Last I checked, I was 6'2.
Might be 6'3 now, I dunno.
I wanna be at least 6'3 or 6'4, because I like being tall.

Last I checked, I was 6'2.
Might be 6'3 now, I dunno.
I wanna be at least 6'3 or 6'4, because I like being tall.
o_o Is 6'2" not tall enough for you?

Getting anywhere close to six feet is fairly tall from my perspective.

o_o Is 6'2" not tall enough for you?

Getting anywhere close to six feet is fairly tall from my perspective.
I dunno. I don't wanna be like 6'7" or some giant height, but I wanna be at least 6'3"-6'4" so I can be taller than the average tall person.

I'm 6'5", but I'm from a tall family (dad is 6'9", mom is 5'10"-ish and my sister is 6'0"), so if I had turned out to be much shorter it probably would have been weird. Growing up I was always taller than most other kids, and I just steadily got taller as I aged. I don't think I ever went through any drastic growth spurts, although I'm pretty sure most of my height I acquired in my teen years.

I realize I'm much taller than the average person, but I actually run into people taller than me more often than you would think. I can be kind of insecure about it, mostly because I've heard all my life that I'm "SO TALL" and I guess I internalized that as being an important characteristic of mine and also part of who I am as a person.

It just goes to show you that height is one of those things that no matter how much of it you have, there's always somebody else out there who has more. So I wouldn't worry if you feel you are too short or that your height negatively affects your appearance or people's perception of you. I like being tall, but relying on that to feel confident or special doesn't always hold up.

4'11 -_- I'm fucking Edward Elric over here!

XbWCrAv.gif

People have asked me how old I am because apparently when I tell them my age, they think I'm 12 or somewhere in that age range. My response (in my head) goes a little something like this: "Do 12 year olds have fucking tits?!!!"

My response (in my head) goes a little something like this: "Do 12 year olds have fucking tits?!!!"
They could! I'm pretty sure I peaked early in that regard. One of the first of my peers to start growing boobs -- but also among the first to stop. And they've been tiny and seemingly-underdeveloped ever since. :D

They could! I'm pretty sure I peaked early in that regard. One of the first of my peers to start growing boobs -- but also among the first to stop. And they've been tiny and seemingly-underdeveloped ever since. :D
photofunky.gif

I was about 11 when I started growing boobs and they HURT!! I hate being so short :(

photofunky.gif

I was about 11 when I started growing boobs and they HURT!! I hate being so short :(
Well, at least you have something that makes you look like an adult. I'm mistaken for a young teenager all the time, as well, so I sort of know that feel. The difference between us is that, with my flat chest, I really can't even blame people for making that mistake. >_>

Well, at least you have something that makes you look like an adult. I'm mistaken for a young teenager all the time, as well, so I sort of know that feel. The difference between us is that, with my flat chest, I really can't even blame people for making that mistake. >_>
You should hear my voice. I sound like a hyper active squirrel on a mix of helium and cocaine. My voice is so high pitched for a guy that people think I am 13-15 with a late puberty.

I'm a 24 year old guy that is 5'0. I even get those suckers people give to babies so they don't choke on outings with people. My friends get asked if I'm their little brother all the time.

People have asked me how old I am because apparently when I tell them my age, they think I'm 12 or somewhere in that age range. My response (in my head) goes a little something like this: "Do 12 year olds have fucking tits?!!!"
When I was 20 I got mistaken for a 16 year old and the friend I was with - who was 16 at the time and at least half a foot taller if not more - got mistaken for the 20 year old. Probably the only reason I didn't get mistaken for younger was because of my bust size. I still get mistaken for a teen and I'm 23.

Last edited:
People have asked me how old I am because apparently when I tell them my age, they think I'm 12 or somewhere in that age range.
I had someone ask me which high school I went to like a couple of years ago. She couldn't believe I was married and in late 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.