How Often Do You Treat Yourself to a Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levusti

Call me Lev!
Original poster
Invitation Status
, ,
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Tue-Thu, most daylight hours.
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Female, Transgender, Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Magical, Horror, Modern, Sci-Fi, Supernatural, Slice of Life
When I have a stressful week and I need to relax what I do is I treat myself to a date. I go visit new and interesting places and eat cool stuffs.

Or sometimes I go to a pond or a lake and swim by myself or go sit by myself on a park bench or something.

It's quite cathartic actually.

Do you treat yourself to dates for one?

B

BitoftheUltraviolence

I thought you meant a literal date, like the fruit.
I occasionally go on walks by myself, or just go out and sit in the sun and soak it up. Or even just disconnect from the internet and all that, so it's like a mini holiday from people.

Peter Feels

THAT'S MY FLOWER, I DON'T KNOW YOU!
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Elementary
Genres
Mostly nothing.
When I can afford to. So, never.

• Love
Reactions: Windsong

Jorick

Magnificent Bastard
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Male, Female
Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
Only if you count staying at home and doing nothing important as a date, because that's what I do all the time. Having a life is overrated. 8D

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Female
A date just with myself is a bubblebath. 8D I am supposed to do that once a week, but I neglect myself. T__T

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Invitation Status
Looking for partners
Posting Speed
One post per day, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
I usually treat myself to a day in. I stay in bed most of the day, in my pyjamas, derp on the Internet and play games. Very relaxing n_n

Fluffy

Dead Inside
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
One post per day, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies. I'm a house wife and stay-at-home mom, so I got no schedule really. Lol
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male, Female
Genres
Science fiction, fantasy, supernatural modern, romance, horror, apocalyptic, Star Wars universe, superpowers, historical, all things bizarre, grimdark, tragedy, melodrama.
I'm a parent, so these aren't opportunities I get very often.

Usually though, it involves going to a coffee shop where I can enjoy a delicious drink and pastry. Simple delights, you know? Or if I'm looking to do something that won't require spending money, just have myself a relaxing shower and then curl up in the dark to watch TV without moving at all. Preferably done while I'm high or drunk (which, sadly, costs monies) because then my active mind is properly numbed. Always can use a break from dat shit.

Dawn

A Very Hostile Pudding
Invitation Status
, ,
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, Transgender, Futanari, , Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Cyberpunk, Horror, Bizarre/Surrealism, Paranormal, Romance, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Supernatural, Grimdark.
I thought you meant a literal date, like the fruit.
Legit giggled at that.

Levusti Levusti I adore you and this idea. I've never really treated myself to anything more than a glass of wine with dinner. I need to consider this date thing.

Reina

The Dark Queen
ROLEPLAY DEPARTMENT
Invitation Status
Looking for partners
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
In the mornings usually but only during the week. Weekends are devoted to the family.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, No Preferences
Genres
Modern, Magical, Romance, Medieval
Call me old fashioned but if I'm going to go out on a date, I'd like to take my husband with me. That being said, date nights don't happen as much as we would like but we try to at least have one a month. If we're really lucky than twice a month.

As far as just for me...when I get paid I like to treat myself to something nice. A nice shirt, pants, makeup or just food. I'm happy with food, lol.

Reactions: VicexVersa

Gwazi Magnum

Formerly 'Trumpwaku'
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
Well, my ideal date with a girl would probably consist of a lot of gaming/anime watching + cuddling.

And that first half I accomplish with myself just fine in my free time.

Reactions: Hana

Hana

wandering thoughts
Invitation Status
Ehh, my last place at the campus was close to a good restaurant/cake and bakery shop and I used to go there during the weekend to stuff my face with cake (nah, not really. I get one slice. Mmm, devil's food cake. Or blueberry cheesecake.) and drink tea. I may or may not have brought my best friend and some close friends sometimes on a friendly 'date' to catch up with each other.

Right now? I don't have the time, though there is a nearby cafe that sells really cute and sweet cupcakes and milkshakes. I might go there once in a while. Or I could go get sushi if I can fit it into my budget, but I don't like eating sushi or sashimi by myself, so I don't go there unless I'm with friends.

But my 'me-times' are usually just in my room, watching a movie or an anime or reading.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum

Yatagarasu

farewell
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
I'm online most of the time, but that doesn't mean I have the time to write replies...
Writing Levels
Adaptable
No Preferences
Genres
Anything is fine at this point =.=
Shove a bunch of food down my mouth...while watching anime/youtube/other hobo things to do.

Or I just roll around in bed like the anti-social freak I am.

But in all seriousness, I don't particularly want a boyfriend (partially because I'm still in high school lol but also mostly because I'm not interested anyway), so dates right now are basically out of the equation for me. Sooooo...relax, play a few games, eat some food, and go to sleep. :P

Grif ♥

Vaguely mysterious
Not often. My usual idea of a "date" involves hiding under the covers and watching a film, playing a video game, or just sitting around and chatting to a close friend or family member about the events of the week. Having something sweet to eat at the time helps too.

Midian

Stars fear no distance
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Occasionally Tuesdays.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Female, Futanari, , Primarily Prefer Female, No Preferences
Genres
Magical Realism, adventures/action, scifi and fictional modern, Medium-high fantasy, complicated romance, Adult, Horror, Japan-friendly, fanbased, LGBT*-friendly, flexible period drama, dystopias, mythological influence, psychological drama and horror... Open to other suggestions as well.
I do it a couple of times a month at least. Let's see, some of my favorite me-dates have been:

1. Shower beer, then frozen pizza and Netflix marathon

2. Restaurant meal, browse at favorite book store, go wallow in bed

3. Coffee shop, do some writing there, and then getting lunch

4. Fancy spa bath, face masks, foot care, alcohol, delivery food

Blind Hemingway

A former executive or something.
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
NEVER
Writing Levels
Adept, Douche
Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
One time I went on a date by myself and I ended up slaughtering an entire village....Huh? Oh, you want a serious response. The closest thing I do to a self date is going out to eat when I'm home alone. I do this a lot because I am currently not dating because I don't wanna. That is all.

VicexVersa

Idea-less Writer
Invitation Status
, , ,
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Random
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Furry, Yiff-Yaoi, Modern, Slice of life, Romance, Fantasy, Epic quest, Adventure, Horror, Fandom, Historical fiction, Magic.
Call me old fashioned but if I'm going to go out on a date, I'd like to take my husband with me. That being said, date nights don't happen as much as we would like but we try to at least have one a month. If we're really lucky than twice a month.

As far as just for me...when I get paid I like to treat myself to something nice. A nice shirt, pants, makeup or just food. I'm happy with food, lol.
I'm the same as you, I would rather go on a date with my fiancé then by myself.

The only time I go on a date alone is when, I head to my room and buy a bunch of cramp I don't need of amazon because it belongs to one of my fandoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.