How often do you change your username?

How often do you change your name?

• Everyday!! Permanent identities are stupid!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh...every once in awhile

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Never! I chose this name cause I love it!

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mundane Monster

The most uninspiring of monsters
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Animal based, Scifi, Modern, Horror, Comedy, Slice of life.
How often do you change or alter your username? Or do you just keep it the same as when you first joined the site? What was your most favorite username? Is there a theme to your names? Do you match your name with your avatar?
And this last one is for staff really, but is there a limit to name changes?

I've changed it three times. When I first joined, I was Vega, but I didn't really stick around long. I didn't come back for almost a year, and I changed my name to Fauna. That I kept for quite a while, but then I felt like I was having an identity crisis so I changed it to Opal. I really like Opal - I feel comfortable with this name - so I think I will keep it.

I briefly (like, less than 10 minutes) changed my name to Kat because that's my real name, but I didn't feel comfortable using that as my name here. So I changed it back very quickly.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
This ... is awkward. Sorry. I thought your avatar and signature was that of a member of Daft Punk. My mistake.

It is a member of Daft Punk.

Ah. Then I was just referencing a remix/track of theirs. That's all.

Oh I gotcha now. It was just so out of left field, lol

• Bucket of Rainbows
Grothnor is a nickname I got a long time ago, and it sounded better than my previous, slightly cringey screen name (it was one of my OCs). Plus it's hardly a common username so I get to use it most everywhere I go. I like it very much and it had become an indelible part of my online persona.

I've considered changing it for the purpose of Forum jokes, but only short term, marginal changes, like adding titles like 'Grothnor the Great' or stuff like that. :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Neverrrr! There can be only one Winter! D:<

• Bucket of Rainbows
I normally just change my name to my favorite people in Games/History/Shows because of references. Usually I will make the avatar match, but I like changing avatars and changing my name to fit the Avatar is a hassle.

I changed my name when I decided to replay Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I have changed my name 0 times on this site. Do I plan on changing it? Possibly, but it will be a contemplation of my favorite usernames if it changes. That being said throughout the internet, I have exactly four ( five maybe nicknames) and they are either a) Scooby related or b) related to a username or other forums. If my name would ever change it would go simply to just Lucky, just Hawk, just Seven, just Twiggy or just Scoobycool9 OR a complimentation of all my usernames . . . but that would be a mouthful. My FF name is actually Scoobycool9 and LuckyCoolHawk9, which is what I might change it to . . . but probably reversed. . . otherwise no plans to change it. My avatar and name don't have to match, I just find things holiday themed when a holiday comes around/

• Bucket of Rainbows
I've been a variation of Arcadia ever since I joined 83
H74VbzG.png

]:<

I've changed mine five times.
I wouldn't say I'll never change it again. But I'm very comfortable with Rook and don't think I'll change it for quite a while, if at all.

I have never changed my name on this site. About a year before I joined this site I used a different name before I finally changed to what I am now. I love this user name it's a nice play on words, even if people find it long and annoying to type out XD I've got a number of different nicknames at this point. Some in which I have to lecture people on XD But that is beside the point.

I was once know was Blazed* as for blazing star since that was taken, my friend and I thought that was a clever play on that, however, >> I was associated with drugs ALL THE TIME. And I'm very much not into drugs, wont touch it, will leave if people are doing it. It's just not my thing, so when I finally had a chance to change my name I went with Touch of Insanity because it went along with my little saying that "I'm just a little crazy" It had a much nicer flow then the actually saying. ^^

This is my name. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Plus, I have lots of history tied to this username.

• Bucket of Rainbows
H74VbzG.png

]:<

I've changed mine five times.
I wouldn't say I'll never change it again. But I'm very comfortable with Rook and don't think I'll change it for quite a while, if at all.
One of those was accidental, so hush you ;)

Never not ever!

• Bucket of Rainbows
I don't really change my username but once every few years permanently. Its kind of like a growth phase like when I grow out of something.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I change my username every few years. My younger teen years usernames are pretty horrific, I'm glad I changed those xD

Status
Not open for further replies.