How many times do you eat out in a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the last summer I ate out a lot, I'm talking multiple trips to fast food places a day along with a few 'real' restaurants and pubs. I would say I went to an actual restaurant once every three days. Now that it's gotten colder I eat out every two weeks or so.

Umm I'm actually not too sure. Both my parents work for education so we don't have that much money to spend on eating out but mabye twenty or so times a year? Maybe more idk

I'm not even going to deny that I took this in the most sexual possible way when I saw the title. However, rather than make a filthy joke about drowning in women, I will put a mature face on to answer the question at hand. You're welcome.

Living in a very unique situation, I eat out at least once a day. More than I like, but currently my family resides in a guest house with no oven, no stove, a half-functioning grill, and a single indiction cooker while we wait for the rebuilding of our very old and out-dated house. We'll be eating almost exclusively at home when the house is finished however, so this number of eat outs a year is going to plummet down.

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
For the past 4 months... About every day. China was cheap as fuck. So much you pay as much for eating out as cooking.

Otherwise, rarely I think. Maybe 4 times a year or so? Excluding post-drinking-food, in which case you can count ~20 times burger king or kebab or curry to go with that.

Depends. The past year we ate out more often than we usually do. My grandma was moving and considered Chinese food and pizza houses as a form of payment to my dad (and to a lesser extent, me) for helping her move, so we ate out a few times in the summer, and then my grandfather brought us out for steak dinner a few times. But on our own, my dad and I don't usually go out. Sometimes we'll stop at an in-store food court for lunch or something but otherwise we don't really go out. My friends and I go out little as well. We'll stop at an ice cream shop once or twice a year and we all went our for breakfast once. On average I'd guess maybe 5 times a year, with last year being the total outlier.

More than I should...I am surprised that I don't have diabetes yet.

Sit down? Maybe once or twice a month on average.

Do you mean like sit down in a real restaurant? If so, then thats never for me. But we eat at fast food whenever my mom can afford it which isn't that many times. Maybe once or twice a month. Never more than that. Oh, wait. My sister did treat me to dinner at a steakhouse last year, but that was only to celebrate my graduation. So, that brings us to a grand total of one. Lol. She's having a baby though now so it might be a loooong time before I sit in a real restaurant again. *sigh*

-Insert clever sex joke-

If you mean getting takeout, my family does that every other week. There's a really good pizza place near where we live....

As for sitting down and eating... rarely really. But, I have to admit that we started doing it after we found this really good sushi place.

At a sit down restaurant, about once a week/once every two weeks!

Since takeaway was questionable, that brings it down to a handful of times a year. With takeaway it's a couple of times a month.

Really, when you work like I do, you eat out maybe once or twice a week, if you get the chance. I'd rather spend a bit of cash on a proper restaurant whenever I'm close to a city or village, rather than eat lunch in the company car. When you live on yesterday's dinner and sandwiches for four months, you need to take the chance when it presents itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I eat out ALL the time! Truthfully, I really can't afford it. However, seeing as I spend all my extra time in the mornings on Iwaku and not making my lunch, it tends to happen about 3-4 days a week. These times are just buying lunch though.

As far as actually eating out at a restaurant. . I'd think it's safe to say once a week. Oooh the money I'd save if I could just stop myself. I can't help it.
I love food!

Depends on how you define "Eating out".

There's the sexual one that the OP should have realized they were making a innuendo for upon making the thread. In which case I have to say 0 times.

If you mean having to go out, sit yourselves at a table and have a long meal?
1-2 a month, the majority of these being cause of friends of mine who really like going out for Sushi.

If you mean simply buying any food that isn't from home (Ex: Ordering Ginos Pizza, grabbing subway and taking it home, grabbing burger king and taking it to club)
then that number skyrockets to about 4-5 times a week. Sometimes I'll eat out multiple times on the same day if that's the definition being used.

But do note, by that definition anyone grabbing their coffee in the morning from Tim Hortons is also technically eating out.

I'm not sure if Korean noodle shops, curry shops, food courts count? If they do, I'd say I eat out about 150 times a year. If not... I'll say 10 times in a calendar year.

OVER 9000!!!

I have no idea how many times I eat out. It's alot though.

Since fast food doesn't count, my number is very little. I'll leave it at that because I eat out too little to even guess how many times I eat out in a year.

My guess is around 50 or 60 times in a year, as I would go out to eat usually one every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.