3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
I've been rping for a decade now and the amount of rps I take on has always fluctuated. In my younger years, I would dedicate all my time to two or three roleplays and that was it. Now, however, I usually take on around 10-15, sometimes even more if I'm particularly excited about a few plots. My reply speed had slowed but I still find time to do what I love with all my responsibilities of being an adult. I was curious about this, so... How many rps do you think is too many?

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
More than 3 is usually too much for me. I notice my quality of writing declining because I feel too pressured to divide my attention between those threads. And coupled with my household and health, it's difficult to keep up.

Damn. 10-20 RPs would kill me.

I'm a GM, and I like to invest most of my energy into running one role-play at a time. That's more than enough for me.

Sometimes, I'll have 1x1s on the side, maybe one or two for a little variety.

Hm, it depends. I only like to GM a maximum of two rps at one time. Depending on the posting speed for other rps, I can be in anywhere from 5-10 additional rps. 1x1s are a bit different because more expectation and pressure is put on you to post and plot since it's just you and someone else haha. So on average, I think the most I'll ever have of 1x1s are...4 - in addition to the GMing and group rps.

I like to live life dangerously.

I need that "it depends" option!

Technically I can handle an unlimited amount of roleplays, but I tend to only have one or two partners at a time because we can play at a pace that works for us and rotate between all our rps based on what we're in the mood for. 🤔

Ideally I would love to be running 2 chat roleplays a week and then writing with my roleplay partner semi-daily. O:

It really depends. I have definitely over 10 rps but they're not all active at the same time. So really I only have like 5 active at a time and it's alot more manageable. And alot of my rps are with the same people, I usually have at least 2 rps with a person, so it further helps my weird rp rotation. Sometimes all my partners get active at the same time and it's overwhelming 😂

I 100% agree on the fill in "it depends" option. I have about nearly 20 roleplays going on, including 1x1s. For me, I'm able to juggle them a very easily because of the patience of my partners and that same patience I give back. We can go back and forth in the same day, but most times it takes a week or two to respond and it doesn't bother me. We openly communicate with another throughout that time and reply when we can.

So, I suppose there's no specific number I can think of. It all depends on the circumstances and whatnot.

I would say 3-5 is my upper limit because daytime work usually drains me of energy, and I don't want to feel rushed with any post.

Depends, but I average 5-11 roleplays at a time with no real difficulty minus ghosting being a thing of course.

I enjoy Novella. If I'm writing more than two at a time for a multitude of 6+ heavily invested characters a piece, I've surpassed my limit and I'll fall out of interest quickly. Ideally I only ever try to stick with just one.

Pretty much everyone else has said it, I'll say it as well. It's circumstantial on the individual and the amount of energy you're putting into each.