• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella Hime

Winter is coming...
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
4 is the only number with two ways to write it... I've noticed I am the only one I see around here writing it like option 1..

Most people seem to write it like option 2.

Option 1

Number%204%20Shaped%20Pinata.jpg

Option 2

colorpage10.gif

I was wondering is it just people in America that draw 4 like option 2? and why is there two ways to draw 4 anyway?

Matter of choice, preschool kids and primary do the 4 like in option 2 a lot.

Yeah, I just called you a preschooler, bro.

I prefer option two as to me it signifies a less lazy version. Allow me to explain.

The four in option one is composed of one line. In other words this is the quicker and more sloppy version. It is like writing a novel and you are using & instead of and.

The second four is a two stroke process and does not get lost in the one stroke. For me and most people the strokes are downward and like most people we read from top to bottom. Thus the second four makes more sense as both strokes go downard rather than the upward or right to left version of the other four.

So there you have it. The reason I like to do option 2 rather than 1.

And about your comment about four being the only one with two ways...well that is not necessarily true. An 8 can have two different ways to create the same thing, and the 7 and 0 slashing principal is taken by some people. (That slash usually is for mathematicians to signify the difference between O and 0 as well as making sure they do not mistake a 7 for a T.)

But Darkness... he said he does option 1 the non preschool one! D:

I write with option #2, that's just the way I learned it. o__o; I did used to write 7 with the line through it, though! I thought it looked cool. >>;

I use option 2, mainly because I learned it that way...*shrugs*

as for other numbers not having multiple ways to put them on paper, don't forget the 1 ... it actually has three ways to draw it, it either being one line, two lines or three lines.

I prefer option two as to me it signifies a less lazy version. Allow me to explain.

The four in option one is composed of one line. In other words this is the quicker and more sloppy version. It is like writing a novel and you are using & instead of and.

The second four is a two stroke process and does not get lost in the one stroke. For me and most people the strokes are downward and like most people we read from top to bottom. Thus the second four makes more sense as both strokes go downard rather than the upward or right to left version of the other four.

So there you have it. The reason I like to do option 2 rather than 1.

And about your comment about four being the only one with two ways...well that is not necessarily true. An 8 can have two different ways to create the same thing, and the 7 and 0 slashing principal is taken by some people. (That slash usually is for mathematicians to signify the difference between O and 0 as well as making sure they do not mistake a 7 for a T.)

Wat? How do you get those number of strokes? OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG, PIRO. Both for me take two strokes.

Option 1 is what they taught us in elementary school. TO HELL WITH PRESCHOOL I DIDN'T GO TO. I JUMPED RIGHT INTO THE SRS BZNSS.

I only use the 2nd option though.1st one looks too much like a 9 with my handwriting.

Wat? How do you get those number of strokes? OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG, PIRO. Both for me take two strokes.

Option 1 is what they taught us in elementary school. TO HELL WITH PRESCHOOL I DIDN'T GO TO. I JUMPED RIGHT INTO THE SRS BZNSS.

I only use the 2nd option though.1st one looks too much like a 9 with my handwriting.

No obviously you were never taught it by the master of numbers. I am officially right on both accounts and you cannot say otherwise. The proof is in the pudding foolish mortal.

But I am happy you like option two welcome to the club.

My seven has a line through it, to make it more diferent from my one. Its common enough.... and I think one was 3 way to write it.....

I switch it up between the two. I also do all my lettering different from time to time as well. I also change my signature depending on what I'm signing. This is all just to keep "The Man" or "Big Bro" from getting a good read on me. Damn, I'm weird.....I need help.

I choose option 2.
And, I find that one the lazier one. I always have a hard time doing the first one. lol

for 7's , I put a line downard off of the left of it...if that made sense to anyone...haha

I don't even know what pre-school is. why do so many people go to that? what do you learn there anyway?

I use option 2, I used option 1 for a while in high school, but it got old and I just didn't like it anymore. ;_;

As for 7's, I still do mine with the line through it. ^^

I choose option 2.
And, I find that one the lazier one. I always have a hard time doing the first one. lol

for 7's , I put a line downard off of the left of it...if that made sense to anyone...haha

My line is a short horizontal stroke through the middle, its something i've only recently picked up.

I don't even know what pre-school is. why do so many people go to that? what do you learn there anyway?

It's what their people send their kids to when they want them to get a headstart on learning. Over here it's actually called "Headstart." Pretty much all they do is glue macaronis together and stuff, try to learn colors and numbers, whatever. Most times it's just a glorified daycare that tries to have some sort of structure.

I could always tell a kid went to Headstart because they were dumb, mean perverts.

*casts sneaky glances around Iwaku*

Preschool is silly. Why give a year headstart on your child's already 12-year torture sentence?
^_^

*glares back at ampoule*

You mean you don't remeber your own pre-school, the cold metal bed, the straps, the men in white coats, all those little needles that made you sleepy?

Option 2.

Option 1 is ugly when handwritten, in my experience.

it's first option for me, using two strokes. (the first is an angled stroke top-down first, and then left-right, just like the capital letter L; and a vertical line, top-down). however, in my handwriting, it almost always ends up like the second one.

in writing '4' that way, it is hard for the gap between the first stroke and the second stroke to close. hence, it looks like a hybrid version of options 1 and 2.

Option Number two, for me <33

Ne, ne, So what other numbers do you guys right in weird ways ? And why?

Status
Not open for further replies.