How Do You Sleep?

Which of these do you keep on when you sleep?

• Total voters

Dusk

the eye of the beholder
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
  2. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
  5. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Most days, most hours
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
Let's talk about sleeping habits. There was a thread a while back about how many pillows we sleep with but that isn't enough information for me. What kind of a bad do you sleep in? Is it easy for you to sleep somewhere that isn't your sleeping space or is that the only place you'll ever get a wink of sleep, tiredness be damned? Can you sleep despite distracting noises or lights? But mostly importantly what conditions must be met for you to sleep or not?

Reactions: iridescent
I love sleeping with the TV on and sometimes my lamp. Mostly because I forget to turn my lamp off due to laziness.

I have to have it dark when I'm sleeping and a fan on. Regardless of what time of the season I need one on, the sound and feeling of the wind helps me sleep. I also most of the time need to have music playing nothing with a beat because then I'll stay up daydreaming. So I play some classical music otherwise any noise I hear keeps me up

I like complete darkness, with my fan on. I usually have some rain sounds as well, though whenever I go on trips with my sister, she forces me to turn them off because she says they make her feel like she's in a horror movie.

Nothing. I mean, the router is in my room and it has lights, and my consoles have lights when they're turned off, but those are negligible. Black out curtains, no lights on, total darkness, though since I typically sleep during the day, some sun DOES seep in... were it in my power to do so, I would also shut the sun off.

I generally sleep with no lights and no sound and only turn on a fan if it's hot. Ideally, the room has to be below 70F for me to sleep (I always sleep best in winter, when it's comfortable to use heavy blankets). I do not sleep well, if at all, when I am not sleeping in my bed. Quite contrarily, sometimes it helps me to have music if I have to bed away from home. Then I also have the curse to contend with, which dictates that if I should fall sleep before midnight, I will sleep a few hours, wake up and be unable to sleep pretty much the rest of the night.

Since I'm a warm body and also have tinnitus, using a fan at bedtime has become a requirement. Cannot sleep without one. I also like the room dark with just a small nightlight.
But before I get to that point in the bedtime routine, I have to go through a bit of a ritual first. Because sleep is not ever easy. Take bedtime meds, light an incense, do some DBT therapy, do a calm breathing exercise, get into a meditative state of body and mind... And if I need to, I listen to the custom vampire boyfriend ASMR someone made me, or storyteller readings of Edgar Allan Poe masterpieces.

I love the sound of a fan in my room, it keeping me cool as I sleep in utter darkness. Though, I do require a blanket and a plush to sleep- I cannot close my eyes without something to cling onto or hide under. It's just impossible

No sound. No light. Nothing. I pretty much need to be in a sensory deprivation chamber. If it's naturally raining or if there's a thunderstorm then that lulls me to sleep right away- but not rain sounds on a phone/TV. It has to be either the real thing, or just darkness and quiet. I can handle a fan being on in the summer but I don't keep it on if I don't have to.

Poorly. I have insomnia.

But in all seriousness, it really depends. I always need my weighted blanket or I can't sleep at all, but everything else varies. I need it dark most of the time, but sometimes I need my fairy lights on; I usually like it quiet (or quiet-ish. I grew up and live in a city, I like city night noises and find it difficult to sleep in total silence), but on nights where I'm really anxious I pop on a movie so that my brain can focus on that instead of falling into a panic loop so that I can actually sleep.

Dark! Though with a night light on in another room in case I need to fumble around in the dark.

What crazy person leaves those things on when they trying to sleep :P

As some others here too, I need complete darkness and silence when I sleep
Only device "on" in my room during that is my alarm clock