How do you like your eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over medium, slapped right onto a mound of hashbrowns
You beat me to it!

Though most any sort of omelet is a close second.

How DO you like your eggs?
UNBORN SO THEY CAN BE DEVOURED!!! O_O
In all seriousness though I prefer scrambled, but I'm fine with sunny side up.

That's assuming egg's are by itself though. If it's combined with other food then that changes to an Egg McMuffin.
What is something you liked/hated just because your significant other, friend, family, etc did? When did you realize your REAL opinion about it?
In regards to significant other and family I never really got into anything because the got into it.
And never has a family member or a significant other shared enough interests with me to be able to introduce me to something new that I liked.
Except for my Dad showing me Star Wars as a little kid, but that's just a matter of being introduced to it, not a matter of liking something because someone else does.

As for friends?

I still never ended up liking/hating something just because they liked or hated it. I'm not the kind of person to change myself to please others., with has often resulted in me annoying others because I won't just adapt to what they want me to be.

But there has been a number of things friends have introduced me to that I ended up liking legitimately as: Game of Thrones, Firefly, Death Note, Clannad, Doctor Who, Scott Pilgrim, Sushi, IT Crowd, Fate Zero, Channel Awesome etc.
And a few things that are pretty bad: Evangellion.

And in regards to opinions/stances on certain topics, my friends have played a very large role and influence in exposing me to facts and arguments that led me adopting positions such as: Being atheist, Pro-choice, Gender Egalitarian rather than Feminist etc.
Are you someone that tends to mirror the people you are around? Or do people try to mirror you?
I tend to mirror myself, and then surround myself with friends where I am able to mirror myself comfortably without judgement or discrimination.

That doesn't mean my friends are always going to be similliar to me mind you, because like I said above they played rather large roles in informing me and exposing me to new arguments that allowed me to absorb it and with the new information alter my outlook on situations in new ways.

Which in the end probably is "Mirroring my friends" depending on one's interpretation of the definition/meaning.

If one's definition of it is: Changes opinions and interests to match friends simply to fit in and be liked (In other words, put on a fake face) that's not what I'm doing.
If one's definition of it is: Listens to new things friends expose them to, and takes their arguments and points in consideration when forming an opinion? Then yes, I very often end up mirroring my friends because it's been rare when they haven't offered something intelligent and logical (in terms of opinions), or fun and interesting (in terms of interests).

Over medium :3 I don't like them running everywhere, but I do like a bit of runniness to soak up with the toast

When I was little I wouldn't eat them any other way than Sunny-Side Up. Looking back though, I believe it's because it grossed my mom out. Nowadays I like scrambled eggs for sandwiches, and omelets and over medium otherwise. (Hardboiled only when there's some deviling involved.)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
How DO you like your eggs?
Over hard. If the yolk isn't fully-cooked, I ain't eating it.

What is something you liked/hated just because your significant other, friend, family, etc did? When did you realize your REAL opinion about it?
Well, I've never really been interested in forcing myself to like or hate something just to please my friends or family. However, as a teeny weeny kid, I hated onions because my father hates them. I wasn't really trying to mirror him, I think, I was simply so damn sure onions were horrible because my father said so. I didn't even think twice about checking whether onions were really as disgusting as he claimed for myself, I just took his word for it. Though it didn't take that long until I decided to try some onions out for myself and I discovered they weren't so bad after all. They're kinda awesome actually.

Also, I have a very similar taste in music as my parents, especially my father, and I watch a lot of the same TV shows as my old man. Ice hockey, and occasionally formula racing, are the only sports I'm interested in because those are the ones my father is really into. His favorite ice hockey team became my favorite (Tappara ftw!) and if he was watching TV or a movie and I stumbled into the room and stuck around, I would most likely start liking that particular show/movie as well. I also developed a liking to airplanes because he's interested in them.

...Oh my dear god. He's been brainwashing me this whole time! Or my life's goal is to become him. I don't know which is worse.

Oh, wait! My father likes his eggs over medium, which means I'm not a complete copy yet. Yosh! I can still be saved!

Are you someone that tends to mirror the people you are around? Or do people try to mirror you?
I like to think that I don't mirror people but based on what was revealed above, I probably do. I highly doubt anyone mirrors me though, I've never noticed anything like that and I don't think I'm the kind of a person people would mirror.

I like owl eggs, fried infront of the owl. Season with owl tears as you see fit.

Over-medium, deviled, or poached.

I don't mind scrambled eggs but I'm kind of picky, and usually only scramble them at home or when I can visually see them being scrambled and served to me. I hate powdered scrambled eggs, the kind made from a mix, and so I don't ever get them at restaurants except the buffet-type ones where I can watch someone scrambling them.

Also on the second question... I don't think I ever liked/disliked something just because someone I knew / was dating / in my family liked it. I have what I feel to be a very keen sense of taste, and I only tolerate the things I like, dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.