How do you imagine each other?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Asmodeus, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Yue Fei
    ---------------[ Basic Info ]----------------
    [​IMG]
    Name: Yue Fei (1103-1142)
    Allegiance: End
    Time Period of Origin: Southern Song dynasty (960-1279)
    National Origin: China
    Top Skill: Leadership
    Worst Skill: Bad Temper
    Power: Flight
    The power allows Yui Fei to levitate and take flight at will as his name roughly translates to "flying moon" and tales of his deeds on the battlefield give way to legends of how he moved around the battlefield with such speed as if he flew.

Weapons/Equipment
    Weapon: Qiang (Chinese Spear)
    Items: 1 small bottle of ink, 1 small writing brush and 4 pieces of parchment

----------------[ Backstory ]----------------
    Yue Fei (1103-1142)

Main Point Summary
    Yue Fei was a Chinese military general and hero, who through the ranks from Private to Overall Commander of Imperial Forces. Yue Fei possessed supernatural talent as at a young age as he was able to draw heavy bows and could shoot with his left and right hands in addition to being trained in the use of nearly every other weapon used during the time period in his region. During his 20 year career Yue Fei personally fought in 126 battles, never lost a single engagement, and even invented a half-dozen styles of boxing and martial arts. His rising reputation as a military leader made him the general of the largest army near the Central Yangtze. On January 27, 1142, Yue was betrayed by his own government, imprisoned as a traitor and poisoned to death after being accused of false charges.

"You who have been cast away. Come to me."
    "I gave my country undying loyalty...all that I received in the end was betrayal."

Additional Info
    Yue was born into a poor tenant farmer's family in Tangyin Country, Anyang prefecture, Henan province. Yue Fei's father used his family's plot of land for humanitarian efforts, but after it was destroyed in the flood, the young Yue Fei was forced to help his father toil in the fields to survive. Yue received most of his primary education from his father. In 1122 Yue joined the army. At an early age Yue Fei was trained with and excelled at the use of just about every martial weapon used in China during the time period known as the “Eighteen Weapons of War” which were as follows; bow, crossbow, spear, single-edged sword, double-edged sword, ancient style spear, shield, axe, greataxe, dagger halberd, iron whip, bar mace, pole pick, staff, trident, harrow, rope and barehanded. He only got better with age.

Yue Fei’s Tattoo: Upon his back rests a tattoo of traditional Chinese characters that translate to “serve the country with the utmost loyalty.” There is now a large “X” shaped slash scar overlapping the tattoo.

Yue Fei’s methods of deploying an army: Careful selection, Careful training, Justice in rewards and punishments, Clear orders, Strict discipline and Close fellowship with his men.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William Wallace

---------------[ Basic Info ]----------------
    [​IMG]
    Name: William Wallace (1270-1305)
    Allegiance: End
    Time Period of Origin: Late 13th and early 14th centuries (Wars of Scottish Independence)
    National Origin: Scotland/Scottish
    Top Skill: Swordsmanship
    Worst Skill: Persuasion
    Power: Unnatural Constitution
    Before receiving the grace of death tales say that William Wallace lived through every second of his torture up till he was drawn and quartered. This meaning that he stayed conscious after being dragged at a horses heels, hanged, emasculated and eviscerated before finally dying from beheading. Such a feat being nothing short of a fable to most. The power representing Wallace's greater ability to take punishment and keep going, probably more angry at the guy who just put a spear tip in him than previously a moment ago.

Weapons/Equipment
    Weapon: Scottish Claymore
    Items: 6 small simple stones

William Wallace (1270-1305)

Main Point Summary
    Sir William Wallace was a Scottish knight who became one of the main leaders during the Wars of Scottish Independence. Wallace defeated an English army at the Battle of Stirling Bridge in September 1297. He was appointed Guardian of Scotland and served until his defeat at the Battle of Falkirk in July 1298. In August 1305, Wallace was captured in Robroyston, near Glasgow as he was betrayed by a fellow Scottish knight and handed over to King Edward I of England, who had him hanged, drawn, and quartered for high treason and crimes against English civilians. The entire capture occurring through deceit as despite William Wallace being given safe conduct letters, the promises were violated anyways.

"You who have been cast away. Come to me."
    "All I wanted was for ma people to be free...now they'll get the same freedom I received on tha day I died."

Additional Info
    Battle of Stirling Bridge
    Spoiler

On 11 September 1297, an army jointly led by Wallace and Andrew Moray won the Battle of Stirling Bridge. Although vastly outnumbered, the Scottish army routed the English army. The feudal English army of 3,000 cavalry and 8,000 to 10,000 infantry met disaster as they crossed over to the north side of the river. The narrowness of the bridge prevented many soldiers from crossing together (possibly as few as three men abreast), so, while the English soldiers crossed, the Scots held back until half of them had passed and then killed the English as quickly as they could cross. The infantry were sent on first, followed by heavy cavalry. The Scots' schiltron formations forced the infantry back into the advancing cavalry. A pivotal charge, led by one of Wallace's captains, caused some of the English soldiers to retreat as others pushed forward, and under the overwhelming weight, the bridge collapsed and many English soldiers drowned. Thus, the Scots won a significant victory, boosting the confidence of their army. Hugh Cressingham, Edward's treasurer in Scotland, died in the fighting and it is reputed that his body was subsequently flayed and the skin cut into small pieces as tokens of the victory. The Lanercost Chronicle records that Wallace had "a broad strip [of Cressingham’s skin] ... taken from the head to the heel, to make therewith a baldrick for his sword".
    After the battle, Moray and Wallace assumed the title of Guardians of the Kingdom of Scotland on behalf of King John Balliol. Moray died of wounds suffered on the battlefield sometime in late 1297.

The type of engagement conducted by Wallace was characterized by opportunistic tactics and the strategic use of terrain. This was in stark contrast to the contemporary views on chivalric warfare which were characterized by strength of arms and knightly combat. Therefore, the battle embittered relations between the two antagonistic nations, whilst also perhaps providing a new departure in the type of warfare which England had hitherto employed.

2. Most members end up looking almost exactly how I imagined them. I'm skilled like that. >:D

BUT SOME... these people have distinct pictures of them in my head, and may always look this way!

Sakura is a cute really young teenager with a pony tail and a biiig smile.

Warde looks like a big russian in the army.

Weavel looks like the burger king and probably always will. c___c

Psy is like this super hot nurse. (I don't know why.)

I may come back and add a few people later as I think about it. XD

3. Heheheh, you WOULD confuse me and Kai.

Asmo: A short man with large glasses, handsome, but in a brainy "Follow me" way.

Coffee: *Snickers* I imagine a cold, calculating person with the ability to change gender.

Woodrat: Is it weird that I think of a very friendly, very tiny shrew?

Darkness: Devil's advocate

Ryker: My first thought of what he looked like, for some reason, is kinda what Asmo looks like, combined with the first avatar that I saw. Of course, I know he looks nothing like that.... he's much more huggable-looking.

TC: A cold scientist.

Diana: .....No offense, but what comes to mind isn't even a PERSON OR AN ANIMAL.... I think of an apple.... Healthy, sweet, and you should have one each day, and round and cute and fun to draw.

WMD:..... *Sigh* An orc.

Psy:.... Starscream chibi.

Kai:.... WAIT! I KNOW HER IN REALLIFE WHY AM I....Forget it. I think of a tiger when I think of her.

Palonis: The ninja smilely icon.....

Rory:.... Bradpit with historical wardrobe.

Vay: ....gas mask

Corvus: .....*Coughdon'thitmecough* Thong

PattyPixie: ....bra

Kitti: Ball of talking yarn.... perverted yarn...

Jack: Dark curly hair covering blue eyes, pale complexion

Porg: Teacup

Grumpy: Shot gun...

Fluffy: a sheep....

Weavel:.... Burger king...

Poa/Oro: Some freak of nature glued these two together in my head...

Angl: Pretty close to what she really looks like...

Torsty:.... Toast. I... used to think his name was a typo...

Myrn: .....You don't want to know...

Raz: Scalpel

Sakura: ... A bouncy ball.... a pink one...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Awesome. ^ ^

5. >:[

6. o.0 That is an intersting one. And as for Asmo's description of me...I AM FACELESS!!!

Asmo: Just like his picture. After seeing that it won't come out o' me head.

Diana: A more real version of her lolwtf avatar.

Rory: Stoic soldier ready to lay down the old law.

Coffee: Well...we all like coffee.

Kitti: A brown haired girl, slightly smaller than I but with an iPod and a lot to say.

Sakura: Kind of like Asmo's description a combination of her avy and her real self.

Palonis: Sorry dude but I always imagine this nerd with glasses who magically transforms into your avatar at night.

Jack Shade: I've seen a lot of Jack's but this one portrays a black haired man taller than I who likes hanging out in areas where his face is not visible at the back of an alley.

Porg: There is no getting rid of that one picture he had on that picture thread. I still laugh to this day but it is very very recognizable.

Miru: Same as his photo only with a more grasshopper type attitude.

Corvus Corax: To be honest I have no picture in mind, but if anything I see her has a more American looking 4got10angl.

PattyPixie: Red head with an influx of ideas and the power to change hair color and clothing to her whim.

Vay: Yeah you can see a trend, I imagine you as your photo picture. Only difference is I could see you pulling the darth vader move with that helmet in your avatar.

I'd do more but I'm getting lost in faces.

7. I always imagined Asmo as a great Winged Quasi-Humanoid Dragon Diety with bear claws and a bag of Assorted die.

8. ~ A combo of my avii and my real face ? A BOUNCY PINK BALL ~ PINK HAIR ??! Hehe :)

---Since I know what everyone looks like pretty much, I'm just going to mash general appearances with how I feel when I would look/imagine them :) Some of them I haven't seen so if the guesses are outrageous~ that would explain it :D

-Asmodeus: a REALLY handsome looking older person with a charming smile and witty comments that make me want him as an older brother to walk me around so to make all my friends jealous :)

-Diana: Slightly curly, windblown, casual-ish hair and a sweet smile~ Like a motherly/sisterly type of figure :)

-Pirogeth: Curly hair, a nice laugh, the intellectual look.

-Rory: Nice, honest looking person with a warm, welcoming smile and tone~

-Darkness: Curly black hair, dark eyes, the bad boy look, a smirk~ ?

-Porg: Laughing!! :) Pretty blue eyes to DIE FOR <3 BLOND HAIR <3 Cuddable <3

-Torsty: Red/Brown hair, tall and muscular with a grin that makes you want to laugh too

-Paochama: Asian, tall, dressed in cool/modern clothes, walks like he owns the place, but has this "teasing/annoying brother" friendliness

-Orochi: AMAZING HAIR, Asian, tall, dressed cuuteely :) face makes you wanna cling to him "teasing/annoying brother" friendliness

-Grumpy: Mhmm... Dark hair, grey eyes, Tall, the "familiar stranger" look.

-Feekun: Light Brown hair "intellectual look" PLUS brotherly look, a warm smile~

-DYNDYNkun: Mhmm... I don't imagine hair color, I see a shadowed figure, but I sense a smile and a casual attitude :D

:)) I missed alot of people, I know, but this is all I could think of at the moment :D

9. Whata bout meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? xD

Seeing as I've seen Diana, it's just uhh Diana. But for some reason whenever I do it's Diana from her younger years. No idea why.

Kitti: Is just a snuggle bunny I want to love on. She's short and cute. I imagine red hair on this girl for some reason though.

Saku: Similar to Kitti... but omg.. she's one of those anime characters you can't resist. You just want to pinch her cheeks and if she's crying you want to fix it OMG AS FAST AS POSISBLE. Down to those cute pigtails that are full of curls and everything.

Gibs: Despite knowing what this man looks like in real life. I can't help but always imagining him in that one picture with the drawn brown sac or soemthing over his head with the creepy face. Like I'm thinking scarecrow type mask or something. I don't know.

Pan: Pretty pretty princess. xD I imagine RL Pan. But with a tiara, but that's when he's logged in as Isabella.

Asmo: Is just a scarey death knight to me.

Woodrat: Will always be pictured as Caboose.

Shan: A goth loli doll. Despite knowing what she looks like too. I think I imagine this with her kitty ears from halloween.

Leander: I always picture as some tall gorgeous elf. xD Completely random and hyper elf. But still an elf!

>_> For the moment that's all my preg brain will let me think of. I'll think of more later.

10. I like Piro's description of me. ^_^

Diana: Brown hair, blue eyes, kinda hyper.

Asmo: Blond, eyebrow contantly cocked, smoking a pipe in a dressing robe. XD

Piro: Buried in snow, Pretty much like his picture.

Corvus: long black hair, lithe body

Vay: Hmm...Probably slaving in front of a computer all day wearing a headset like a telemarketer. lol

Jinx: A college guy, always snickering

Frost: Wearing a robe and holding a DM folder in front of him

That's all for now. lol

11. Asmoman: I've seen his pictures and quite frankly, due to his prior service, I can't help but picture him in fatigues and a beret.

Seriously, the British know how to do the beret.

Julez: I have seen her. All of her.

Kai: I have seen her too. She's damn near Julez' twin, which is why I can understand why Asmoman mixes the two up.

WMD: See his avatar.

Grumpy: A Scottish wino, or whatever the equivalent is, just cleaner and comprehinsible.

Or the equivalent of comprehensible.

Palonis: For the longest time I thought he was British. Then I found out he's from America.

IN AMERCIA!!!

Rory: I've seen his reenactment pictures so there's no real substitute image here.

Ryker: No idea. The mirror always runs away when I try to shave.

Psy: I know she's Samoan. I had a picture but I lost it when my harddrive had to be reset.

Vay: Kroot. 'Nuff said...

Quinn: See WMD's avatar. Don't ask me why...

Jack Shade: Some guy with black, semi-emo hair, and a trench coat. I don't know why...

Darkness: Any random Venezuelan who fits the following criteria: Male, closet case, Rock God.

CoffeeCakeSadist: Much like the MegaTokyo moderator, Char, I picture CCS as a Japanese model.

Y'hear that Coffee? I'm using your face simultaneously with the happy sock.

Myrn: A shiba inu, or however the hell it's spelled.

That's all I've got for now.

12. Is it sad that as I was reading McCarthy's on Darkness instead of "closet case" I read "closet rapist"?

13. "Ah, I wouldn't dream of it," Daisuke replied, an ambiguous smile on his lips when Mr. Smith would ask that he not enable the Captain's behavior. His expression ​

14. [​IMG]

Name: Giovanni dalle Bande Nere
    Time Period of Origin: Renaissance(1498-1526)
    National Origin: Italy, City of Firenze
    Top Skill: Swordsman/Cavalry Commander and Tactician, Strength Comparable to that of 20 men.
    Worst Skill: Rash Temperament/Reckless fighter, aversion towards firearms.
    Power: N/A
    Weapons/Equipment: Engraved Schiavona Sword, aside from his plate armor, he carried with him five blood-stained golden florins and an old mercenary contract signed by Pope Leo X.

The turbulent life of Giovanni dalle Bande Nere was indeed a short one, for he died at 28. Born in Forli on April 6, 1498 to Caterina Sforza (the illegitimate daughter of the Duke of Milan) and her third husband, Giovanni di Pierfrancesco de' Medici (called il Popolano), Giovanni dalle Bande Nere was baptized Ludovico, in honor of Ludovico il Moro. However, after his father's death in September that same year, Caterina renamed him Giovanni and moved her family to Florence. Giovanni, the youngest of her many children, proved to be a handful even for this resolute and resourceful woman.

After his mother Caterina's death in 1509, Iacopo Salviati and his wife Lucrezia de' Medici, daughter of Lorenzo il Magnifico, became the guardians of this dissolute youth who lived to gamble, womanize and pick fights. (Bored with his schooling, he was so violent and rebellious that at the age of 12 he was banished from the city for murder: he killed a boy his own age.) It was only with the return of the Medicis to power in 1512 that Giovanni, thanks to Salviati's influence, finally found his calling at the service of the Medici pope, Leo X, as the commander of a cavalry company of mercenaries during the battle of Urbino (1516-17). In 1517, he married Maria, Salviati's daughter, who gave birth on June 15, 1519 to their only child, Cosimo, whose future reign-in stark contrast to his father's life-brought wealth, power and enlightenment to Florence.

Continuing to serve Leo X, in 1521, Giovanni took part in the Italian war to oust the French from the Duchy of Milan. An aggressive tactician, by employing his light horse brigade in rapid skirmishes and ambushes, he was instrumental in the victory of the joint forces of the pope and Emperor Charles V. As a sign of mourning following the sudden death of Leo X on December 21, 1521, Giovanni and his men added bande nere ('black bands') to their armour, hence his nickname.

After serving briefly as head of the troops of the Florentine Republic, Giovanni changed sides. Chronically in debt, this was something that he would continue to do frequently. He joined the French, only to be on the losing side at the battle of Bicocca in 1522.

Next, he sold his services to the Sforza family, but after a failed attempt to set up his own fiefdom at Aulla, in the Lunigiana, he was once again on the battlefield, this time on the side of another Medici pope, Clement VII, owing to his wife's intercession.

In May 1526, an alliance, the League of Cognac, united France, the Duchy of Milan, Venice, Florence and the pope, with the support of England, fought against the Holy Roman Emperor, Charles V. During his last battle against the Imperial forces in the cold, damp fields of the Lombard countryside, Giovanni was wounded by a falconet shot and died a few days later despite the attempts of his physicians to heal him.​

15. Hahahahaha. It's really interesting to see what other people think I look lkike o_O;

Asmo, for me, looks a little like the profile picture he used to have, the split mask. Except with dark hair =|

Rory, he somehow looks like Legolas to me...

Saku, sorry, dear, I get the same impression pretty much everyone does ^^; You're essentially Sakura from Cardcaptors for me.

Orochi looks basically the same as he really does, except with a more maniacal expression.

Paorou and Raz scared the hell out of me, because Raz looks how I pictured Pao.

Darkness makes me think of a wiry, sardonic looking Mexican rocker. Which is actually a good thing when you understand my head...

Torsty I always pictured as being a little pirate-y. I know that's weird, considering he's Norwegian and all.

Diana, she looks like that avatar picture she has with the blue background, ya know?

TK/Katsu, I am so sorry but you both mesh in my mind too ;__; I think of a buxom redhead with a fox tail.

TC will probably always be his old profile picture to me, striped top hat and all.

Ryker, I first met him when it was going by Ryker. So that profile picture = Ryker?

Corvax, the lead from Not Anotheer Teen Movie. Probably the whole prom thing.

Chaos changes for me between Rider and a slightly younger version of Legolas. Go figure.

Vay is a Kroot-esque figure in all plate armor.

That's all I've got for now >_<;

16. "I'll leave you two alone." Alena whisper softly, she knows Diane prefer girls and isn't a threat. She carried Aria off to the bedrooms.

Diane watch them leave and fidget a little, "I've just been with Mars. Lilith visited us a while ago.." Diane turn red, recalling their night together.

17. "Dad.." Diane whine softly, "Mars is enough... Lilith... it's just too much."

18. .... Kai.... and I.... are always combined it seems....

*Thinks on this*

..... It's kinda funny that we do kinda look alike... She's got red hair, blue eyes, is around 6' average frame, EXTREMELY white. I'm scrawny, brown hair, green eyes, 5'8 and have the ability to TAN!

19. I'm not in here.

Must post moar.