How Do You: Delete the Repeat?

• Thread starter IntrusivePenDesperateSword
  • Start date
I

IntrusivePenDesperateSword

Say you've just written a post, but all of a sudden your internet gets all wonky up in here. You refresh the page, hoping that'll clear things up, only to find out your post appeared twice!

What do you do? Delete it plainly? Leave a deletion message? Edit it? Or just leave it be, hoping people ignore it as well?

I always leave a deletion message because I don't want to confuse anybody XD

If I delete things it's usually because it's a pretty lighthearted thread and my reply was something either way too serious or depressing. I always wondered if I should leave a note "Didn't want to be a killjoy" but I feel like that deletion reason is also a buzzkill so I just never leave a deletion message.

On a similar note, I've never actually had a post that posted twice (at least not that I remember).

I just delete it, going with people either assume A: I did in fact get a double post, or B: I accidentally made a new post without waiting my turn.

Delete it. There's really no reason to just leave it there and "hope people ignore it" when I can easily delete it. XD

And then I usually leave a deletion reason of "double post" or whatever, so that people don't just see a mysterious deleted post and think that maybe I posted something I later regretted, or something like that.

Delete it with a note explaining why. Otherwise, people are going to wonder what secrets are being hidden.

People always wonder.