How do I get my 360 Account on the Xbox One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spoilers

Original poster
Seriously? How do I do that? I had on my 360 two accounts, one Live which I never used except for the first month I had the console, and the other was not live, which I used for the last 10 years.

Here's the problem when I entered every, single, email, address I have none of them brought up my old profile. My old Live Profile was brought up, but that's not the account I use. I want my profile. The one I used. The one with 10 years of gaming on it.

I'm honestly quite upset. Mostly I want to transfer some stuff. Like when I play Xenoverse 2 I want my hero from Xenoverse to have their holographic statue.

Please help, before I go nuts over this.

I had no issues when transferring from 360 to XBox One. I just logged in with the same credentials I had when I was using my 360 on my One and, boop! My account was set up for One. Are you 100% sure you are using the correct tag/email? Do you still have your 360 and, if so, can you log into it? You can also try signing in online (since it's easier than using those damn controllers):

Sign in to your Microsoft account

I never logged out of my 360. I've used the same account for like 10 years I don't know what the email is, or the password is. I know my game tag and that's it. I tried entering an old email, and it gave me my Live Account, but I want the account I didn't use live for.

You should be able to find it from your 360:
From the Home screen, in the upper-right corner, your email address will appear in rotation with your gamertag. At least, it is for me when I'm looking at my 360 screen right now.

Or, from Microsoft's website:
1. Go to Settings and select Account.
2. Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.
3. The Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live account is shown on the right side of the screen.

Every help site only recovers the Live account. I want my non-live account.

Every help site only recovers the Live account. I want my non-live account.

No idea then. :P I'm non-live and I can see my email in both places I stated above.

Small problem. Only one TV is game system worthy. I'm not unplugging my new system, for 10 minutes just to figure out my old name. The Xbox Staff should do it for me. They should have a record of it.

Small problem. Only one TV is game system worthy. I'm not unplugging my new system, for 10 minutes just to figure out my old name. The Xbox Staff should do it for me. They should have a record of it.
xD Yeaaaa. Something tells me they're not going to do that for you. Truthfully, it's your job to keep track of your email accounts that are in use. Furthermore, how can they prove you're the account owner if you only have a gamertag to give to them? No live information? No email? They can't legally just give out emails because people say "my gamertag is XYZ, give me the email."

Reactions: Vardoger
Well it's my account? What do I have to do? Hook up my 360 again, and put on some sunglasses, and send a picture?

Well, I wish you the best of luck in your email search. (:

Is it possible I used the same email for my live, and not live account?

Is it possible I used the same email for my live, and not live account?
Yes. Live is just an upgrade feature. You can buy it and once it expires or you cancel it, you no longer have it as part of your account.

Does the live upgrade change your name?
No, again, it's just an upgrade that allows you to play live with other people. :P I'm not really a Microsoft expert or anything, so this is probably the end of my knowledge. Good luck on your hunt.

@Spoilers

Your old Xbox 360 account, unless it was Live, will not transfer over to you new Xbox One. This is because your non-live account is console specific and not stored server-side by Microsoft as the Live accounts were. The account you are discussing will not be tied to an e-mail account or otherwise have any log-in credentials that will transfer over because of this.

If you wish for your Offline Profile to transfer over to the Xbox One, it must become a Life profile Gamertag. To do so, follow the steps outlined on this xbox support thread.

Aside from that, due to the different BIOS used by Xbox One and Xbox 360, you cannot use the old method to transfer offline profiles between systems. This is a matter that is the same for all consoles between generations. The only real benefit to having your profile transfer is to (1) keep any purchases made on your profile tied to a single account [which I believe you had to register it as a live account to do anyways] and (2) flaunt your gamerscore, (3) run additional apps and programs through your gamer tag (live profile).

If you do not wish to run apps, keep your gamerscore, or transfer over purchases, then linking your account to a Live profile is not necessary.

That makes a lot of sense. I don't like it, but it makes sense. Thank you.

Glad I could be of assistance. Sorry I couldn't provide more pleasing information.

Status
Not open for further replies.