How annoyed does it make you when someone just STOPS an RP with you with no warning?

How annoying is it when someone just stops an RP with you with no warning?

• Not at all

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • A little

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Pretty badly

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Really annoying

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horribly so. It's a shame. It ostracized me from my long-time guild and everything. And sorta invalidates art of said character.
http://tinypic.com/r/24o3c7c/8
Said couple in question.

You mean you don't post any chance you get? I've been doing it wrong for years...
I do, the thing is 'any chance' is relative: I have a full time job and I'm looking for a second one; my boyfriend job exhausts him so I do 90% of the chores (including dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, dusting, bathroom, tidying and the less frequent tasks of cleaning the fridge, stove, shower, and drains), I also have to buy groceries, cook, eat, sleep, maintain relationships with my family and friends, and I have personal projects and off-Iwaku commitments. This is assuming I'm in good health with a working automobile. 'Every chance' for me is maybe once a week!

>.> I am one of these people who drop without warning. Normally, it's a lack of muse for the plot, but sometimes I forget ^^;;. If my partners message me, I reply and tell them what's going on, but word it in a way that lets them decide whether they'd like to wait for me to get back in the groove, or if they'd rather just drop the whole thing. If I don't hear anything from them, then I figure they've moved on to other things.

So if we're rping, and I go quiet for a while, shoot me a message. I'll get back to you and tell you what's up.

Reactions: Minibit
I do, the thing is 'any chance' is relative: I have a full time job and I'm looking for a second one; my boyfriend job exhausts him so I do 90% of the chores (including dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, dusting, bathroom, tidying and the less frequent tasks of cleaning the fridge, stove, shower, and drains), I also have to buy groceries, cook, eat, sleep, maintain relationships with my family and friends, and I have personal projects and off-Iwaku commitments. This is assuming I'm in good health with a working automobile. 'Every chance' for me is maybe once a week!
Good gosh. And here I take my connectivity to the internet even on my job for granted!

Reactions: IceChateau777
I love it when people stop roleplaying with me. That's when the story gets interesting. 8D

• Love
I can't stand it when someone just drops out of an rp- I get so into it and then nothing! I do understand that things happen in real life and roleplaying is not a top priority thing you just have to do, but I can't believe that during the span of at least one week you couldn't manage one post to let me know what was going on. Something similar happened with a group rp my sister and I had started. About ten people join. Two of them, besides my sister, three of our friends and myself, post a character sheet. No one has posted since! They joined and gave absolutely nothing. THAT makes me mad. I can't hold a grudge for anything and I don't want to, but I can't imagine someone can't get, like, two seconds to come in and say "hey, I'm really busy so I may not get to post until (insert random date). Sorry." That took me all of two or three seconds to type. That's all I want.

• Love
As some aforementioned, role play is just a game.
Most of us have commitments outside of the Web.

If someone dropped out without my prior knowledge, I will just come around to ask them why. Only if they grow belligerent, or try to exclude me without good reason would it annoy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.