How about those O's.....Oh right, there's riots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the Ferguson case, what these rioters are doing is completely and utterly revolting.
They were are crying wolf when they know damn well they aren't a victim, using the race card to get away with crime, vandalism etc.
Damaging the lives of good and decent people, so I can strongly relate to the anger and hatred vented at these rioters.

However, like others have highlighted cutting off welfare or using lethal force (aka murder) is not the way to handle the situation.
Cutting off welfare only let's them scream discrimination, gives them ammunition and gives them more motivation to turn to such criminal behaviour for survival.
Like wise Lethal force adds even more fuel to the fire, and we essentially turn into martial law.

Plus there's (what should be) the painfully obvious thing where you are ending a human life.
That honestly lowers them to an even lower level than the majority of protestors, who although have done barbaric acts they have not crossed the line of ending a human life.
And cops are more than equipped and armed enough to do a non-lethal takeover of the riot, injuries may run high, but manslaughter is not needed in the slightest.

This isn't meant as an attack on anyone's character, but do I seriously need to explain the concept of human decency and the value of a human life?
Do we really want to live in a society where our first reaction to danger is to kill other people? What kind of society would that be? What kind of life would that be? What kind of people would we be?

Once again, I completely and utterly agree that these rioters are barbaric and my hatred to them also runs strong.
But responding to these situations with said hatred will only make the conflict grow larger.
If we wish to solve these issues, we must remove our anger from this and apply logic, reason and proven tactics to handle this threat.

Will such a thing let us get through with no damage? No.
Will we catch/correct every rioter responsible? No.

Nothing is ever that easy, but we'll do a hell of a lot better by handling this through a sensible, legal and educated manner.

Civil Service? Do it.
Non-Lethal take down? Do it.

And lastly let us remember that these riots have a deeper root.
Notice how these riots are normally done from people from poor and not well off communities?
If we truly want to strike the weed at it's roots we're looking at a lot of Job making, welfare improvements, better law enforcement etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hana
I know, I know. I was slightly angry when I wrote that. But to be fair, after watching the news all night and seeing the senseless damage that had been done to hurt the community, I was absolutely disgusted.

However, yesterday and last night has lifted my spirits a bit. (Unfortunately it hasn't done much to change my husband's mind about letting me go into the city to help clean up.)

I get it, such situations do show humanity at it's worst and it does invoke feelings of anger in many of us.

Also I can't really blame your husband either, Riots like that aren't something I would want anyone friend or not to be anywhere close to.

He keeps telling me I'm insane. Maybe I am, but with all the other people out cleaning up, I feel somewhat safe. However, I would have to take my kids with me, and that's not something I'm willing to do. Although, to be perfectly honest, my monsters could probably kick the hell out of half those protesters. Momma didn't raise no weaklings! Luckily for me, they are lovers, not fighters. If you push them too far though....

I'm not sure how reliable this is, but it looks like someone thought it would be a good idea. =/

http://unitedmediapublishing.com/baltimore-city-officials-to-rioters-anyone-caught-looting-will-have-welfare-and-food-stamps-revoked/?fb_action_ids=10206740147962035&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[810252832384584]&action_type_map=["og.likes"]&action_ref_map=[]

I've been trying to find a more trustworthy source, but so far nothing. It's possibly just a bunch of B.S that people are buying into without checking the facts.
It's bullshit, no reputable news source is saying that. Looks like it was proposed a few days ago as a possible punishment by a person calling into a radio show that had Patrick McDonough, a Republican member of their state legislature, as a guest that day. The caller said maybe take the benefits away, McDonough said that might be a good idea. The article you linked is the only one that is saying they're going to do it. The article cites a press conference from a Wilson Stewart as an apparent source for these claims, but I can't find anything about a press conference from such a person and the only search results for a wide variety of his name with related terms showed only the article you've linked and a thread on 4chan where the article was posted. Same results when searching for pieces of the quote from this article.

The legit news sources only reported that the legislator guy said the proposed idea might be worth legislating, not that it's being acted upon. You are indeed correct about it being bullshit flung around with zero fact checking.

HJFDj3U.gif

At this point in my life, I'm not even miffed (although "humble" citizens like those in Baltimore make being black in America EXCEEDINGLY difficult).

Observing the black community, particularly its lower socioeconomic sects, is like watching a semi-autonomous nation destroy itself from the inside out. Truly, all you can do is enjoy the decline, because if you so much as dare point out the group's dysfunction, you immediately become a coon, a sellout, or a race traitor. If you're white and you say something, you're a bigot or a racist!

Forget the fractured homes, the absolute lack of morals in the black community, the black community's AIDS/HIV epidemic, the black community's abortion epidemic, the broken marriage standard, the animosity that black men and black women have for one another, the lack of black businesses in black neighborhoods, the disgusting corruption that oozes from the black church, failing inner city schools, black-on-black crime (of which the primary victims are overwhelmingly black), the looming threat of automation, the threat of immigration, the growing anti-black sentiment in America, or the threat of inner city gentrification!

No, let's riot, pillage, and loot over some useless simpleton that had a rap sheet a mile long and that NO ONE really cares about because we're angry and we want an excuse to act like hooligans! The police did you lot a favor! Freddie sold crack to your own people!

Baltimore's transformation into Detroit 2.0 will take about five years.

Relevant:

Yeah. This all started over Baltimore police arresting a black man, who subsequently went into a coma (For what reason he went into a coma, I am unsure of) and the black baltimore community (a VERY large portion of Baltimore) decided to use this as an opportunity to join the whole "Black people are hated" reich that's showing up lately. Whenever you see a black man arrested in places like Florida or California, supposedly for inaccurate accusations, everybody goes crazy. But if you see a white man wrongly arrested, nobody does or says anything. It's been like this ever since that trayvon kid got shot in Florida. Every time something happens to a black person nowadays, it becomes a news sensation. But should something happen to a white person, nobody could give two shits.

Yeah. This all started over Baltimore police arresting a black man, who subsequently went into a coma (For what reason he went into a coma, I am unsure of) and the black baltimore community (a VERY large portion of Baltimore) decided to use this as an opportunity to join the whole "Black people are hated" reich that's showing up lately. Whenever you see a black man arrested in places like Florida or California, supposedly for inaccurate accusations, everybody goes crazy. But if you see a white man wrongly arrested, nobody does or says anything. It's been like this ever since that trayvon kid got shot in Florida. Every time something happens to a black person nowadays, it becomes a news sensation. But should something happen to a white person, nobody could give two shits.
You can't be racist against white people. They're the devil incarnate, and must die.

You can't be racist against white people. They're the devil incarnate, and must die.
That's racist, seriously. I'm white. I don't care if this was a joke or a 'troll'. There is no reason to say that to me.

That's racist, seriously. I'm white. I don't care if this was a joke or a 'troll'. There is no reason to say that to me.
It was a joke. No worries. There's only three people on the forums I've seen so far actually be sincere in a vehement hatred of white people, he's not one of them. :ferret:

It was a joke. No worries. There's only three people on the forums I've seen so far actually be sincere in a vehement hatred of white people, he's not one of them. :ferret:
yeah but even making a joke about it is stupid and rude.

Lethal Force would be wildly excessive, though I'd say the lathicharge and teargas are justified.

This is why we can't have nice things. Everyone play nice, before I stick you all in the damn corner.

Reactions: Hana
Status
Not open for further replies.