Status
Not open for further replies.
Kylessa who was just behind the general could not believe what she was seeing. She'd first of all, never seen a Screamer alone before, and secondly never seen one just sit on someone's shoulder like that. Well not unless they were ferociously attacking the person. They were keeping a good pace and she knew that the Meekins would soon disappear. The small monkeys never neared the cave entrances, for good reason. She'd never understood who the Aedairin race had managed to keep the spiders at bay, but she'd encountered one outside the caves once and had barely managed to escape. Had the dark elves found a means of repelling them? She'd ahve to remember to ask Renn sometime. She left off those musings and renewed her focus on the forest around them. She really wanted to move up in the tree branches but, she would then be too far from the group, should a problem arise. So she stayed on the ground with them and listened closely.

She heard the Arbiter's words, "perhaps they do," she said and then turned to smile at him, "They are generally friendly though, and enjoy exploring anything that moves through the forest."

Garrick saw the screamer jump onto Vlog and had his great axe in his hand instantly. "There's one of those devil creatures now.." he said looking around for more, "They always travel in groups." he said so he was actively looking for others. "Where are they?' he asked as he looked at Mikael, "Do you see any more?"

He instinctively moved closer to Aylina, "That one is safe..the other one...is not." Though he watched it 'nod' to Vlog and he was stumped, "What the devil.." he said very obviously perplexed. "I've never seen one act like that before...."

He looked at Aylona, "How are you doing?' he asked, "Do you need water? Anything?" He promised tot ake care of her and he meant to keep that promise.

@Maggie

The Arbiter, suspecting something, spoke and said, "Vlog, if he bites your right arm, and the promptly begins to lick the wound, he is what some magic using peoples call a familiar. It's an animal that essentially is part of of your soul, and will help you in battles. Don't be surprised if that one is a familiar."

Reactions: PoetLore
Aylina just smiled. She was alright for now, just happy with that cute Meekin. She pet him a bit longer, admiring the soft fur. She shook her head at Garrick. "I'm ok. Are you?" She asked scooting a bit closer to him as well.

Emily let her Meerkin jump into the trees to join his brethren. She watched Vlog and the meerkin that was on his arm, definitely looking like he wanted to bite!

Magana definitely saw the large bright glow of magic in Buras. Oh no, her mind thought almost panicking. Sure enough he ball of light went CRACK! She scrunched up her face and let out a huff of air and a slight growl. She went immediately back to work on the ball of light allowing herself to watch his magic as well, but not to be alarmed by it. It was there, but it was not part of her process. She felt the need to learn how to shield herself from other people's magic, but that was probably a lesson for later, unfortunately. She tried not to think about how much pain that amount of magic could inflict on someone if it were directed AT them and made the glowing ball of light again.

Each ball of light formed quicker and was a little bit brighter than the one before it. But she had yet to put the ball of light away properly. She began building the dam that would close of the magic with her mental hands trying to keep her focus on that single thought, and task. She just knew he was going to zap her hard, but she just pushed the thought aside. Maybe hew as bluffing?? She hoped so, but she really doubted it. She closed her eyes not wanting to see whatever it was coming.Maybe she'd be able to handle it better that way.

@Beowulf

Perhaps he wouldn't have to hit her at all. He just realized, he was holding as much magic as he could. Why use that for something as simple as shocking her when he could do something else? So he put the large amount of magic into use, and maneuvered threads, hundreds of thousands of them, all around Magana. He slowly tightened them until he had a firm grip on her, and lifted her up a couple of feet. That was all the higher he could lift her really without putting more effort into it. Magic alone could do a lot, with incantations it could do a lot more. But above all, it's the mental will of the caster that dictates what magic can and can't do.

"Don't mind me," he said as if she weren't now floating several feet in the air. "I'm just looking for one of my gloves. It's gone missing and I thought I saw it underneath you. Well, guess it wasn't. Perhaps under the chair then?" He moved her out from above the chair and towards the anvil, stopping about half way between the two. "No, wasn't there. Hmm, where has it gone."

• Love
Renn led them easily through the Forest and when they were within a half mile of the entrance, as he'd suspected the Meekins jumped from their new friends and scattered into the trees moving away from their group and back to where they'd been when they'd first encountered them. He pushed aside a veil of green vines and stepped inside it, He held the vines for the next person and then moved to the entrance door. He waited until they were all inside the veil of vines and then he turned and placed his hands on the door. He winced as the door pricked his palms and then opened slowly for him. This door would only open with the blood of an Aedairin, if any other hands touched the door and their blood was found impure the traps would spring and death would follow quickly.

He pulled the door open and again held it, but this time he held it until the whole party passed through and then he stepped inside."It is important that we are quiet as we move through the caves. Sound is magnified and travels far, so have a care to pick up your feet and remain quiet until we arrive in the Center of the City."

Vlog noticed he other monkeys taking off and expected his to as well, but instead it did try to bit his neck. Unfortunately the skin there was thick and it could not so it grabbed his hand and bit his finger. He let our a soft growl at it, but then it licked the bite and held onto him, "So little one. You choose me?" It nodded, "Well then, you much had a name. A name befitting a Ferregard Familiar." He thought a bit and then nodded, "I shall call you AFF, Awesome Ferregard Familiar." The monkey listened and nodded again and even hopped up and down on his shoulder a few times. "Good, then Aff you shall be from this day forward." He followed Renn into the tunnels and listened. He held a finger to his lips for Aff, "You hear...no screaming..just quiet."

Kylessa waved to her Meekin as it jumped away and then waited for her turn to enter the veiled area. She'd never been inside the Aedairin caves before, but she had seen them enter and leave through this veil. It had always seemed odd to her, that the elves were all allies against the Ferregard and Humans, and yet there had really been very little trust even among the allied forces.

She watched Renn open the door and frowned when she saw the blood on the door. So that's why only Aedairin ever made it past this point. Once inside she nodded to the quiet statement. They traveled quietly until they entered a large open area, where a pool of water was and a lot of people were gathered as well. Maybe they were expected? She wasn't at al sure. But it was quite a sight to see this open area. Was this the heart of the city?

Drow underground city.jpeg

Garrick was glad to see the monkeys leave but not so happy about the large one staying with Vlog. She held the vines for Aylina to step though and then went in after her. He noticed the flinch from Renn but made no comment, just stepped through the door after Aylina of course and then moved quietly through the caves as had been requested. He knew how far and fast sound traveled in caves, so he walked carefully and did not speak. He just held onto Aylina's hand and walked with her.

Unlike Kylessa, he had actually been inside the city itself once before to deliver a statue of granite to this very same open area. He saw the statue still standing on the base he'd made once he'd arrived. He smiled up at it, like it was an old friend. "It is holding up well." he said as he inspected it. Then he looked at Aylina, "I made this..." it was a fairly large statue of an earth goddess. The Aedairins were a very religious race. they were very private, but their were open in their worship ceremonies, most of which took place in the waters that ran under the stone arches they were walking across just then.

He recognized the leader and bowed, "Gelina Jorell," he said as he took a knee, "You are radiant as ever."

@Maggie @Aragon

The aged priestess grinned upon seeing the old friend of hers. "Well, if it isn't Garrick. How are you, old friend?" She turned to see her nephew, Renn. "Renn? How in the name of the Goddess Metia are you joined in soul to a god?" She had always been utterly perceptive and honest. "Well, I was told a group would come to see me, to end the war on our part, and I've taken liberty to prepare a place. Follow me, all, so that you can have a place to rest before you begin your necessary job." She led them to a large house. "This house has more than enough rooms. Choose that room in which you feel comfortable. Please base your Aedairin operations here. The Lord of the House has sent his blessing, and I approve wholly of this work."

@PoetLore

Aylina gazed in awe at the whole place, as well as the statue Garrick had made! "All of it is beautiful." She said to him honestly, squeezing his hand gently. Some of the Meekins were still in the trees, chattering among themselves, but certainly following! She wondered if this was normal for them.

Emily was very impressed with what shed seen. The most impressive place shed ever been was in her youth, literally on board a huge ship, and living as a modern pirate! This city dazzled her eyes, and she almost missed what the priestess was saying or Aylinas quiet thank you.

Renn drew in a breath and blinked at her audacity to mention such a thing and was about to say so when she turned on her heal and was ushering the group to a large house, that he'd carved a few ...interesting details into the walls. His mind was racing around trying to remember which walls he'd carved and trying to make sure none of the ladies chose those rooms. He'd prefer NONE of them chose those rooms, but he knew that at least three of them would be in them. As quick as she came his aunt was leaving, but he cornered her at the door, "Aunt," he said giving her a knowing look, "Why here? And...when will you be available to meet with us?"

Vlog was much impressed by the large open area they entered. He'd never imagined such a place existed under the earth. There were women in the water as they arrived and they looked to be dancing, in some kind of graceful group dance. It seemed to him a very intimate thing, and he felt as if he was intruding upon something meaningful. He turned his gaze away as a result of those feelings. he followed the leader of the Aedairin to a very large house and was once again looking about in awe at the workmanship and beauty of their architecture. "This all is most impressive..." he said to no one in particular.

Kylessa bowed as well when they approached Gelina Jorell. She'd seen her a few times at delegations she'd attended with her father, so she knew her when she saw her. she followed as well to the house and was running her fingers along a lovely wall carving of a forest of trees with the moon in the background. it was stunning and she was more than a little impressed by the workmanship.

She watched Renn run after Gelina and wondered at his ability to be so informal with her, and then realized that they must be related. She blinked at her own stupidity at having never made the connection before this time. Gelina Jorell...Renn Jorell....of course they are related. No wonder she had felt at ease to speak of Renn and a god..did she mean the Arbiter? she had noticed that the Arbiter seemed to be drawn to the healer, but joined in soul seemed to indicate something much more intimate. Maybe things were different than they appeared.

She stood in the open foyer with everyone else admiring the house and seeing a large staircase that led up to a second level balcony with doors all along it. "It would appear those are the bedrooms..." She said pointing up at the doors.

Garrick nodded and smiled, "Always a pleasure," hes aid and then followed when she led them to a house. He'd stayed in a small house the one time he had been here to install the statue, but this was a very elegant place indeed.

His eyes were wide, "This is indeed magnificent," he said echoing Vlog's observation. "Rivals even the best Berkak dwellings." Which w as of course, the highest compliment a Berkak could give anyone else who carved in stone. he looked up where Kylessa was pointing and nodded, "It would see so," he said, "Should we choose quarters then?" he asked, "Or will that be for later?"

He would appreciate being able to put his pack down and showering off the smell of monkey, but he would not push for such things. He turned to Aylina, "What do you think??"

@Maggie

Gelina said, "Best choose your quarters now, Ambassadors. Now, Renn, to answer your question, I chose this place because when I asked all of the people in the city, not a single one offered. I knew this building was empty, and I know you treasured it, and thought that because of the wards on the place, and the beauty of it, it would be the best place to work from and to live in, while you are here." Then, in the native tongue of the Aedairin, she said, "As to the bond I saw, you know I have always been able to see those bonds. I am just curious how it is possible that you are to be the mate of a being that is a god."

@PoetLore

Aylina was fairly tired from traveling, though she wouldnt admit it. She wasnt exactly dust free herself! She felt thirsty and needed a shower. But she was wanting to explore and maybe talk to people. "I think finding quarters to stay would be good. Are we pairing up in roooms or how should we settle this?" She asked.

Emily took a look around the beautiful place, drinking deeply from her cantine. She stayed in the back, watching everyone else make decisions. She felt only a little tired, things could go either way for her.

Magana was trying really hard not to notice ANYTHING Buras was doing, but she DID notice that she was no longer on the ground. She kept building the dam though and managed to close the last little bit and there was a pop but ti was a little louder than what Buras' had been when eh'd turned his off. She was looking at him trying to hold onto something that was not there. "Buras Garethsson...AHH.." she said when he moved her over and then lifted the stool and she was kind of flying around the room. Another ACK when eh moved her back again and spoke, "How am I supposed to NOT mind you?" she asked trying to grab at anything that got close enough to touch, but without success.

She crossed her arms over her chest then and tried very hard to look intimidating. Usually this was no great feat for her, as most people were afraid of ferregards, but of her most acutely since they had seen her slice a man in two before the entire Hegemony. Buras however, did not suffer from the fear affliction and she had a very difficult time maintaining the glare though she did try. She finally broke into a wide smile and started laughing, "Some day Buras...when I know how to use this magic you are teaching me to control..I will remind you of this day in the most unexpected way."

@Beowulf

"Because you might have to not mind things far worse then me in the future." Buras said, moving the chair back to it's rightful place but keeping Magana in the air. When she crossed her arms and tried to stare him down, he crossed his arms and stared right back. He had the sudden feeling of a lioness growling at an ox. But that feeling was gone just as quickly as it had arrived. And Magana laughing dismissed it entirely from his mind. Unwinding the threads from around Magana, he set her down and chuckled along with her. "That day won't be soon. You know the very basics of magic, and anything you make on the anvil will be to lopsided to be called a weapon." He said to her, still chuckling but slowly subsiding.

Coughing at the end, he composes himself enough to tell her. "I think that will wrap it up for today. I have things that need attending to, as I'm sure you do. As you know I got a message about the Soul Blight precursor. I have plans for that brewer. Give them a chance to change their ways and rat out their friends. Pretty simple really."

• Love
Renn looked at his aunt and shrugged, "You know more than I apparently," he said, "I only know I dreamt of him before I arrived at the Hegemony Palace, and that he has requested that we become closer acquaintances. I did not realize a bond of any sort was in place." Though he probably should have been aware. He would ahve to converse with the Arbiter a bit once everyone was settled. "But Aunt, " he said again, "When should we expect to be able to meet with you? There are things you must be made aware of and things we must have permission to attend to."

Vlog heard their Hostess telling them to choose quarters and he had no problem following that mandate. He lifted his bag and headed up the stairs. He took a right at the top of the grand staircase and went to the last room down the hall and opened the door. he had no real concern a bout which room he was in, so he just stepped inside. Once he had his eyes moved around the intricately carved room with interest. he'd have never believed anything underground could have been so beautiful. There was no other way to describe what he was looking at on the walls of this room, but breath-taking. He moved deeper into the room and was more and more astounded at the artistry. His room had a lavishly done scene of a group of people bathing and engaging in various activities together in a beautiful pool of water, with a waterfall in the background. It almost seemed as if the water was actually moving as you moved around the room. It was a rather erotic carving, but he didn't mind that. Aff hopped down off his shoulder and made himself comfortable on a soft cushioned chair near the fire. Vlog grinned, "It is a bit cold and damp," he said with a nod, "But it is lovely." He sat in the other chair and warmed himself.

Kylessa, seeing Vlog take to the stairs followed after him. She couldn't say she was too comfortable with being underground, since she was used to living in the very tops of the trees of the forest, but so far everything was beautiful. Odd, but still, beautiful in its own way. She followed Vlog's lead and took the room next to his. It seemed to her that there were enough rooms for them to all have their own, though she imagined Garrick and Aylina, if they did not stay together, would want to be next to one another.

She stepped inside and set her bag on a carved chest not too far inside the room. How had someone made this? Ths chest itself was carved into the walls but the drawers were made of wood. she pulled on the hnadle and was surprised how easily it moved. She was not at all sure how long they would be there, but she unpacked and placed things away neatly. It was no great effort to repack, so she put everything away as if she were home.

She moved inside a bit more and noticed the carvings on the wall. She blinked at the naked woman who was being apparently worshiped by several men who were also shown in all their naked glory. She turned away and moved to the fire and sat in the chair there after making the back of it face that wall. Her face was red as a beet, but she was not going to say one word about this. Maybe this was a normal custom of the Aedairin?

Status
Not open for further replies.