Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily, the Laren ambassador, had traveled a long way from home to join Arbiter, Emperor Feolis and the other delegates, as well as the other races, to stop the war from spiraling out of control. She knew many were eager to see it get worse, some wanted the Berkak named Garrick dead and burned, but she was on the side of peace, and stopping this war while they were able to. She stood before The Arbiter as well as Emperor Feolis, politely introducing herself, totally expecting herself to be in the background for the most part- she was fairly average in appearance, though with silky-soft waist-length black hair that tended to wave, kept in a very tight bun on top of her head, only a few strands dangling at her neck. A slim, willowy-lithe figure, pale-fair skin, a heart-shaped face, 5'5, with brilliant silvery-grey eyes, and a usually calm disposition. Not being a creature of any kind of magic, her eyes were unusual by themselves for her race, and unusually piercing. She had a way of knowing things that surprised even elves at times. But it was generic human intuition, just that she was more in tune with it. "Arbiter, Emperor Feolis, I am here to offer my assistance, especially in battle and in meetings." She said with a curtsy.

Aylina hugged Garrick, so glad to see him after such a scary event. But she wasn't willing to talk about it yet, so she shook her head and held his hand lightly. "It's fine, now Garrick.... really. Let's just enjoy lunch and see what happens." She said, not wanting to alarm him. He was also just recently healed, and didn't need the extra stress. Also, she had a lot of horrible guilt and shame inside her, too much really, to express it. She would simply be silent a while, pondering why she'd been such a trouble magnet this whole trip. But she didn't leave Garrick's side, and sat with him, after curtsying to Feolis and Arbiter, and Emily.~

Last edited:
Reactions: PoetLore
Feolis turned to Emily, and said, "Then, I would have you swear allegiance and obedience to the Arbiter before you go. That is my price for you joining him. Without that, you will return to your home." He looked expectantly at the young Laren female, seeing strength, as well as a bit of vulnerability that only allegiance could protect from.

The Arbiter nodded, and said, "And I agree with the Emperor's price." He started handing supply packs to each member of the team he saw, explaining their use, and helping them attach the pack to their supplies.

@Maggie

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Emily nodded, having expected nothing less than having to be sworn in with such an important mission as this. "I do swear fealty and obedience to whatever Arbiter and Feolis tell me. I will defend each person here as needed." She said. There were a lot of people present, but she rarely got nervous.

Aylina shouldered her supplies and helped Garrick with his, thanking the Arbiter and her father for them. Shed barely eaten anything other than an apple and a glass of water at lunch. it looked like they would be moving out soon.

Feolis nodded, and replied, "Your oath is accepted." He turned to the Arbiter, and said, "Please be certain your team is fed before you leave. I know that you are headed for the Aedairin capital. If they are anything like we Valena used to be, it may be that they do not offer quarter."

The Arbiter nodded, and said, "As you say." To the team he said, "Everyone, we are going to eat lunch before we leave. Please notice that the table is already set. Eat, then prepare to leave." He then turned to Renn. "Have you all the supplies you need?"

"Surprisingly no. At least not from what you've just done. If you had a block, you wouldn't have been able to even make the ball. You either wouldn't have submitted yourself fully or lost the fight. But that doesn't mean that you are completely free from it. Some spells will come easier to you then others, if not naturally. As much as some would like to believe otherwise, a Ferregard is very different to a Berkak, and a woman is very different from a man. And what's more, its very common for most to focus on a relatively narrow portion of magic and completely master that portion before expanding their knowledge, if they even want to expand that knowledge. But usually that additional knowledge is nothing compared to what they originally mastered. For example, I'm much stronger in crafting magic, runes and such, then any other kind of magic. Oh I can do just about everything, but not to the same degree as crafting. The only person that could wield magic with equal mastery no matter the field was the Mage King. Bah, Mage King. We don't even know what race he was, or if he was a he at all. Some say they're still alive somewhere, but I honestly doubt that." He was rambling, he knew it and frankly didn't care. He was peeved that his attempts didn't work. He should have slapped her, that would have done it. Perhaps he'll do it next time. Stuff some cotton in his ears before hand, of course.

"Now let's get rid of that light. Do not just release it, there are ways to keep it without needing your constant attention but that is for a later date. For now, I want it gone. Since you have decided to see it as a river instead of an opponent, slowly build a damn at the point where you begin guiding the magic, you'll sense it more then see it. If you're doing it right the light will start to fade. And when the damn is completed, the light will disappear with a slight pop, as is what happened with mine. Build that damn to fast and it'll be the same as letting it go, it will crash like thunder, our ears will ring, and I'll have you try again. Build to slow, it'll be washed away and we'll be here for a very long time."

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Renn sat down and prepared to eat heartily. He knew Feolis was right about the possibility of not being offered food or even a place to stay. There might be a possibility that his personal dwelling might be available, but there was no guarantee of that. He glanced up at the Arbiter from his chair at the dining table, "Yes I believe I ahve everything I need," he assured him, "And what I use is easily replaced along the way. Emperor Feolis is correct about our reception at the Aerdairin capitol. I am well known, but that does not mean that we will be well received or even offered shelter or provisions."

He was a bit ashamed to say such a thing, but his people were very private. They were not going to appreciate the reason for their visit, nor their presence. He turned back to his food, frowning a bit at his thoughts. he'd never been overly bothered by the ways of his people, and he did realize that they solitary ways kept them safe for the most part during this long war. The only members of their race that were imperiled were those who volunteered to fight in the army ranks. He supposed it was wise leadership, but he could see now that it was not a way that would lead to lasting peace or integrations of all races.

Kylessa sat to eat as well nodding to Emily, "Welcome to the Ambassadors," she said as she moved to sit next to Renn and have a hearty lunch. She wasn't one to normally eat heavy meals but she would do as told, and trust that others had far more knowledge about such things than she did.

She ate in silence letting everyone speak as they would. Her mind was still awash with dismay and suspicion that their investigations were going to lead them to a place she was going to find difficult to accept. Or even worse, that she COULD accept and even expect it. Her father had always been a cruel and calculating type of man, and she felt something deep inside her telling her that he was part of all of this. Her main concern was for her mother and brother. How would they react once the family name and honor were dragged through yet another scandal? She hoped her mother was as strong as she'd always believed her to be.

In the end, she did not eat as much as she'd intended, but she knew she could always hunt for food if she had to...at this moment her appetite had abandoned her. She finished and stood to check her supplies one last time.

Garrick lifted a brow and then led Aylina to the table, "You are going to eat," he said in a tone that was kind but firm. He held her chair as she sat and then sat next to her. He noticed Kylessa's sullen countenance, but did not comment just then. Something was bothering the young elf, but he had seen some of the mistreatment of her, and wondered if that was part of it.

He ate a full lunch and even had seconds. he watched Aylina to make sure she ate enough and then stood to check over his own supplies. He heard them saying they were going to Aerdairia first and he was glad he'd feel a bit at home in their caves. "I have what I need." he said to the Arbiter, "Ready when you are."

@Maggie

Emily smiled back at Kylessa, grateful for any sort of welcome. "Thank you.Everything here looks great." She replied, helping herself to a chefs salad with a lot of fruit and vegetables. Nothing went to waste, not when she was already bone thin from the journey. And a scrappy forager at best! She was a good hunter however, but seldom killed any large game on travel expeditions. She was a tad wild, even though she followed rules, shed grown up without family and restrictions, so she learned all the basic education in an orphanage, then escaped at 14. She then learned everything about surviving on her own. She was quite surprised to be on the team of rather, more refined looking ambassadors and delegates, but there were worse things.

Aylina ate a full meal, but only at Garricks insistence. She was still a bit in shock, though gradually pulling out of it. She checked her supplies, weapons, and water cantine, before also letting Arbiter and Feolis know she was ready and prepared.

Magana listened to him tell her about the magical blocks and how this may not be the total indication of what she could or could not do. Maybe, as he suggested, this was just a form of magic that would be naturally available to her. Maybe it would be the ONLY form of magic that flowed so freely. She had no way of knowing at the point, but she was glad this had been successful.

He was complaining about a King Mage and she listened to him be prickly and a bit agitated with a soft grin forming on her lips. He was amusing when he was full of angst. Adorably so in her opinion, but she did not speak any such things, only grinned at him. She returned ehr full attention back tot eh ball of light when he returned to that topic.

She tried to imagine the river and where her hands first channeled a bit of it off to the side to make it feed the ball. It was pretty wide there but she did as told. The best dam builders she knew of were beavers, so she imagined beavers building a dam across the side flow of the main river in her mind. Unfortunately the beavers were a bit too fast and the ball of light crashed and echoed loudly in the room. She blew air out through her lips and made an odd sound. "Beavers are too fast," was all she said when she looked at him. And then she drew in a breath, "I know...I know..." She said, "Make another ball and another dam." She held up her hand, "Getting right on that...and I imagine you are going to be annoying again...aren't you?"

@Beowulf

Feolis nodded, and said, "Ambassador Renn is wise. While they must submit, it would not be... wise to force anyone to provide quarter. Therefore, I ordered and have received tents made by my people. There is one tent per pack. Each tent can actually house four people, so sharing is likely going to be desired. Each tent is enchanted to be impervious to the conditions, and is as hard as stone until the spell to cause it to fold is applied by the one who erected it. Instructions on use are provided with each tent." He then said to the Arbiter, "The Kingdom wishes to thank you, Arbiter, and your team of Ambassadors, for your willingness to help in this. The war has destroyed too many lives, and the continuation of the war is only going to destroy our peoples."

The Arbiter bowed in his seat. "You are welcome. We will do what we can do to end the war and destroy whatever the group is that is continuing it." He ate quietly after that, and ate as much as he could without making himself sick.

@PoetLore

"That's a good idea actually." Buras said, the idea not having crossed his mind until she had said something. He didn't comment on the strange noise she had made, like strangling a cat if he had to guess, and he didn't ask about what she meant by beavers and how apparently they were to fast. Everyone had their own method to building that damn, and if hers was to have an animal do it then so be it.

Once more strands of magic lifted away from Buras and got ready to harass Magana. But he was saving something that would truly distract her. Something that she wouldn't see coming. A good, sturdy slap across the cheek. There might be times where something like that could happen, possibly worst. And she'd have to keep her concentration through the whole thing or risk consequences more dire then ringing ears.

Renn finished eating and then stood and went to where the supplies were. He was checking over things again, feeling a bit of anxiousness about going to his home first. There probably was no reason for this uneasiness but it was making him a bit fidgety and restless, and completely unable to stand still.

Vlog, former general of the Ferregard army, came over to Renn and clasped a large hand to his shoulder, "Healer Jorell," his eyes were piercing green as he looked at the smaller though likely much older Aedairin, "You are troubled. Would a new perspective be of help to you?"

Renn was surprised to see the Ferregard and even more surprised that he was being touched in any way by him. Things certainly had changed, "I cannot tell you," he said honestly, "I feel a bit internally frantic."

Vlag grinned but his sharp teeth made it seem menacing not friendly, "I have only ever known of ONE Aerdairin being involved with the Jade Legion. Yours is the least represented race in the organization. They ahve tried a multitude of times to entice others but to no avail. You should be proud of your peoples. They have not fostered the war, nor fed it with hate or greed."

Renn lifted a brow and stood before the Huge Ferregard, "That does help," he said, "Thank you for that encouragement. I did not realize I needed to hear it, but I did. I think all of us are worried that our race is responsible for the jade Legion..."

Vlog held up his hand, "No one race is," he said with conviction, "I have been part of it. I am ashamed to say. Greed ruled me instead of honor. Regent Magana has been merciful to me, though I do not deserve it. There were peoples from every race, age, and rank in society. No one race is to blame, but there is definitely someone leading the Legion. I have no idea who they are. I ahve met them, but everyone wore masks and cloaks. It is a highly secretive organization, but the one who is in charge rules it with an iron claw. If you betray them, or disappoint them, you are found dead. We must take care."

Kylesssa was done eating as well and left the table to gather her few thigns and make sure her pack was clasped securely. She was listening as Vlog spoke to Renn. She didn't mean to eases drop, well actually she did, so she stood and her ears twitched a bit as she moved closer. Vlog had been part of the Jade Legion. Magana must really trust him to have assigned him to their group.

She Had to believe that Vlog would be a good asset, and ahve some insight into the inner workings of the Legion but something he had just said worried her, "Will they not come seeing to kill you then?" she asked no longer pretending to not be privy to their discussion nor the content of it. her hair was pulled into a long thick braid that hung down her back and it sway a bit as she leaned over to ask her question.

She looked over at the Arbiter thinking he should be in on this conversation as well, but not wishing to disturb his meal, she let the thought drop from her mind. she hoped Vlog being with them did not put all of them in mortal danger.

Garrick was not far from this conversation as he too checked his pack and Aylina's as well. His ears perked up at Vlog's admission as well. His eyes Met Aylina's and he furrowed his bro. A large thick hand curled around his beard and he stepped over to the other group as well. "I admire your courage Vlog," he said earnestly, "but Ambassador Yeldove had a point. Will you be putting a target on our back?"

His gaze fell on Aylina, having no desire to see her caught in the crossfire of an assassination attempt on a former Jade Legion member.

@Maggie

Aylina watched Emily shoulder her pack, then distance herself a bit. She wasn't being rude. On the contrary, she didn't know anyone here and simply observed. She smiled reassuringly and kept her guard up for trouble.

Aylina squeezed Garricks hand to calm him. Her bruise looked awful, but she was worried about a fight starting. "In other words, sir, can we trust you?" She asked, speaking for the first time in many hours.

It was here that the Arbiter had to speak up. "This is where I must explain how the magics that are in place work. Thanks to the work of the Ancients, my brothers, when each Lord achieved their positions, magic worked in them that made their word law, so that when directly commanded, their subjects are forced to obey. Before she took the title of Regent, she was given that power, and ordered General Vlog to submit, and to deny any previous alliance. He did, and thus severed all alliances he had previously. General Vlog can be trusted, because he also swore allegiance and obedience to me. He knows that if he violates my trust, there are no hells which will be good enough for him." He looked pointedly at Vlog, and said to him, "Do you not agree, General?"

@PoetLore

Last edited:
Vlog listened to everyone's concerns and had to admit they were valid and right. He was about to offer his assurances that he could be trusted. He was humbled by the Arbiter's words. First Magana and now an ancient. He did not deserve such treatment, and he was more than aware of that fact. "If i were to betray anyone, Lord Arbiter," he said in a solemn voice, "I would expect to die by my own hand in dishonor. I deserve no less for what I ahve already done against the Ferregard and the world at large. But I will spend my life now repairing the damage and healing the hurts, and will do everything within my power to bring unity and oneness to our world."

Renn smiled, "That is good enough for me," he said, "No one among us is free from guilt in this long war. All of us have played a role. Now it is time to begin anew and move forward without the fetters of the past to bind us."

Vlog bowed pressing both fists to his chest in respect, "Well spoken Healer Jorell." He looked at the Arbiter then and bowed to him as well. The humble gesture was not one a Ferregard would be expected to offer, and certainly not THIS Ferregard, but the events of the last few days had so lessened his perceptions of himself and elevated others that it did not feel forced or even unnatural to him.

Kylessa listened and nodded as well, "And for me as well. Should the Jade Legion attempt to punish you, I will do my part to see that they fail as many times as they feel the need to attempt it. I rather look forward to it actually."

She lifted her pack to her shoulder and waited for the group to be directed by the Arbiter.

She was surprised to see Lord Aradove approach the group. He smiled at them but moved to Kylessa, "I did not want you to leave without wishing you well. Also, I received this list from our people about possible links that you may want to investigate Lord Arbiter," he said, handing him that scroll. "May the sun's rays warm you and the wind be always at your back." He said and bowed to them, "You do a great service for the entire world in this. Your sacrifices and efforts will not ever be forgotten. May the Ancients bless your journey, and keep you safe." He looked around the group again and smiled as he was known to do, before he stepped back to leave them to the task at hand.

Garrick tipped his head when the Arbiter spoke. He had not realized Regent Magana had personally approved him. He would stand with him then without hesitation. He lifted his pack and slipped his hand into Aylina's and gave it a gentle squeeze. His eyes were bright and expectant. He was ready to get moving and start to uncover this treachery.

He glanced at the Emperor, "I will keep your daughter safe, My emperor, or die in the attempt." His fist lifted above his head and then crashed into his chest hard enough for all present to hear the loud thump of it.

Then he turned back to the Arbiter and with a nod spoke. "I think we are all ready if you are Arbiter," he said formally looking around the group, "Agreed??"

@Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.