Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrick was roused in the morning by a poking and prodding Renn. "For the love of the Ancients Renn," he complained, "I am fine...should you not be leaving?" he asked in a bit of a growling kind of voice.

Renn just smiled and nodded, "I will be in a few moments," he announced, "But I did not want to leave without checking on the two of you before I did." He examined the wounds and put a bit more of the spidersilk on it and bandaged it, feeling confident this was working and that the wounds were knitting. "I bed for two more days," he said pointing at him, "I mean it. IN BED. And then careful moving around for the rest of the week. After one weeks time you are clear to join the Arbiter's group."

Garrick frowned at him, "A week?" he repeated astonished, "Surely that is not necessary." he watched Renn fold his arms and give him that healer stubborn look and he huffed at him, "FINE!" he said, A week. I'm sure you will tell the Emperor anyway so I will not be able to leave even if I want to. And you know I will not jeopardize Aylina's health in any way. We will follow in one week. Be careful and safe out there."

He watched Renn leave and sighed, "This is going to be a long week," he admitted looking at Aylina. "Not because I am here with you, but because I want to be part of the group that helps put an end to this treachery that threatens the new peace."

@Maggie

Aylina was also disappointed. She didn't know what to do for a week either, shed never had so much time off! She hugged Garrick though. "Well find a way to spend time and maybe be useful somehow.she was a little less injured even though her shoulder did burn a bit now and then. Nothing more than that however! She stared at Renn, a little sadly. "Can we really not do anything to be useful for a whole week? I know I signed up for this to help the Arbiter and his cause, not to simply stay in one place the whole time... I am not trying to be hostile about it... but really.. a week... I think we'd get too bored." She said carefully, not wanting to upset Renn. She hugged Garrick however, and knew several ways they could end up spending their time in bed, but she wasn't going to imply those outloud... nope!

Alan waited and watched, fury building in his blood like a tsunami. Tall, lean and dark-haired, dark eyed, he was fierce for his kind. But he'd suffered so much indignity, so much dishonor, ... all at the hands of Aylina! That ungrateful, strong-willed bitch! He saw no resemblances in her to his late wife, and saw only the worst of himself instead. She wouldn't get out of this unscathed.... so help him he'd have her dead, and Feolis as well, just as soon as Arbiter and that wretched group left the palace. He looked forward to delivering his retribution... it was the only thing that made him smile in the dark, heavy coverage of the trees. .. .

"Garrick, you know I don't mind spending time with you...well figure something out to do.." she promised.

Reactions: PoetLore
Magana listened but she was so fascinated by the ball of light she barely heard him. She felt stings on her ears and arms, but she was just watching the thin stream of magic flow into the ball, filling it continuously. She was not letting much magic flow through her mental fingertips. She'd channeled it down to a very thin strand. She felt like something was tapping her here and there and wondered what Buras was doing, but she didn't focus on it. She just kept watching the thin strand of magic flow intot he ball. She was worried about what he'd said about using up all her magic.

He kept talking though and she was trying to listen and keep the flow of magic even and unfettered. Between the talking, the zapping and the glowing ball she was having to work very hard to maintain the ball of light. It flickered and flared a few times as more or less magic flowed to it. She furrowed ehr brows and concentrated harder seeing those changes in the glow of the light. Unfortunately she caught sight of a thing thread of magic coming from Buras and it was jsut enough distraction for her mind to stop the flow and the ball exploded in a loud crash. She jumped and then sighed.

She looked over at Buras, "I know," she said as she sat back down, "Start over."

@Beowulf

The crash came a bit later then he expected. Maybe he wasn't trying hard enough to distract her. Or maybe her skin was thicker then he had thought, Ferregard society was centered around fighting after all. And she had managed to become a Delegate, presumably through combat. He either needed to hit harder, or think outside the box. But he decided to do a little bit of both. So he carefully let the magic dwindle away, effectively starving the ball of magic and letting it go with a soft pop.

When she said she knew that she had to start over, he grunted in confirmation and prepared magic of his own. A shove here. Tickle there. A smack on the wrist. A pop by the ears. A barrage of annoyances, some worse then others, came from Buras. He was half tempted to outright slap her, just to see how well that'd do. But that would mean taking his fingers out of his ears. And if that slap worked and she dropped the spell, he'd have to deal with one ringing ear for a good hour, maybe more.

• Love
Feolis sharply looked at Vlog, "General, you may only join them, if and only if you swear allegiance and obedience to the Arbiter. That is my demand on you, and anyone who joins him. His current team already has. You must submit to him, if you wish to join him."

The Arbiter spoke to Renn, and said, "We will leave at noon, or shortly thereafter. Regarding Garrick and Aylina, I will visit them momentarily. It struck me that I might be able to drive the magic that blocks healing out. Renn, I would like you to go with me. If I can drive that magic out, you could finish their healing, and they could go with us."

@PoetLore

Renn nodded, "I would be glad to accompany you," he said as he stood, "And yes, I would be able to heal them both completely. I am sure they will require a bit of time to prepare but noon should be enough time I would think."

He looked at Vlog and smiled. He knew the man had pledged to Magana so he felt sure he would also pledge to the Arbiter. He waited and watched to see which he would choose.

Kylessa heard the Emperor make his demand and then looked at the General to see how he might react to that. He was a large man, and she felt small next to him, but she'd felled Ferregard before with her bow, so she wasn't as intimidated as others of her kind might be.

General Vlog stood and bowed his head and had both fists at his chest with knuckles together. "I do so swear," he said and then lifted his head. "Regent Magana Dreambreaker knows of my involvement with the Jade Legion. I have renounced them, and am now dedicated to finding the truth. I swear this upon my ancestors and my sacred honor."

Kylesa nodded and that was all it took for her. She believed him. She also had a notion that had he not chosen to renounce the former allegiance he would no be dead at Magana's hand. "Is there anything els we must do before making ready to depart?" she asked.

The Arbiter shifted his location instantaneously, appearing in Garrick's chambers. "Hello, my friend, Aylina. I may be able to correct this problem with the healing block. If I am, you both will be coming with us." He smiled, and walked to Aylina, "Because he will insist that you are taken care of first, I will do so." He put his hand over Aylina's shoulder, and closed his eyes to concentrate. He focused, then drove his consciousness into the wound. There, as if it were a wall of power, was the block he thought he might see. Using his considerable power, he shattered the block. That would allow magical healing to now work as intended. He pulled his consciousness away, and did the same to Garrick, this time encountering a rather massive double-thick wall of power. Still, as before, he shattered it. Both people would have felt as if that part of their body had gotten quite warm indeed. He withdrew from that magic, then called for Renn with his mind. -The block on both is broken, Renn. Come truly heal them. We need them.-

Garrick saw the Arbiter and lifted a brow. "Yes I would," he agreed about healing her first. He did indeed feel very hot where he was working his ancient magic on whatever was keeping his body from being healed quickly. He didn't mind if it meant they could all leave together.

Renn heard the voice in his mind and though he was not at all used to that he excused himself, "I am needed," he said and then went to Garrick and Aylina. he smiled as he entered the room, "Well apparently you are not going to ahve that week of rest and relaxation after all." He went to Aylina first and his hand covered her shoulder and the wound was healed completely from the inside out. He then went to Garrick and though it took longer to knit the much more serious damage he's sustained before long eh too was completely healed. he moved away and pushed the tray out of the way. You two ahve a bit of packing to do I believe." he said with a smile and a bow before eh returned to the great hall.

Garrick smirked at Renn, "I never wanted a blasted holiday anyway," he said with a growl almost, "And I certainly didn't want Aylina to suffer any more than she must." He stood up and moved around, "Thank you...I feel one hundrend percent again." He looked at the Arbiter, "What time are we leaving?" he asked and upon receiving the answer he looked at Aylina, "That is not much time. You should hurry. I will come to your room when i am finished to carry your things."

@Maggie

Aylina chuckled at Garricks complaints, lightly poking his ears. "Come on Garrick, be happy we get an adventure....I'm going to my room, just to get a lightly packed duffle bag and my staff. Promise ill be just fine. Thank you Arbiter, Renn. My shoulder feels great. I won't slow anyone down." She said, hurrying out of bed to get to her room. A fast shower a casual shirt and jeans with sneakers, plus clean underthings made her feel much better, though that awful bad feeling persisted. she ran a brush through her hair, thinking how glad she was that heal block had been smashed by Arbiter! And Renn had taken the rest of that pain so fast. She hurried in her packing, mostly hygiene and a few daggers as well as her amethyst tipped staff. Once ready, Aylina left her room, completely unaware of the terrible danger she was really in!

Alan smirked a bit as he'd snuck inside the castle. He was done waiting. He had plans for his only child and would use her to get his life back the way it had been. Seeing Aylina leave her room, looking ready for a journey, made him seethe with anger. He sprang out from behind the wall, faster than she was prepared for. He managed one good punch to Aylinas forehead, but Aylina attacked back, striking him with her staff even though at this point her heart was racing and her nerves were shot to hell while the rest of her began shaking badly. "You should have stayed gone...I know you burned the house, idiot!" She yelled, just as the scene shifted.....Alan looked like he was going to kill her, though Aylina knew, thanks to the wards, he'd never be able to attack her ever again from now on.....

"I'll kill you and Feolis!" was all Alan could scream.

The castle wards reacted the instant the attack was made with the intent to kill. The attacker was immediately bound by magical ropes, hog-tied, and trussed, and teleported to the floor in front of Feolis, while the weapon was also teleported just outside of the attacker's reach. The castle spoke to Aylina, and told her, "Go to your true father. Show him you are well." To Feolis, the castle said, "Emperor. This one of your race attacked your daughter. His weapon sits there. He is yours to judge."

Feolis raised his eyebrows, and said, "Alan. How dare you? Did you not think she would be protected? I swore that if she was attacked or hurt in any way, the one doing so would die by my hand. But, I will wait on that until Aylina arrives, which I am certain she will soon."

@Maggie

Aylina nodded, pale, grim faced...she felt like such a trouble magnet! She thanked the castle however, knowing things could have been so much worse! She slung her duffle bag over her shoulder, then hurried to Emperor Feolis, glad she sported no injury other than a swelling bruise on her forehead, just over her left eye, but she was hard headed and didn't let it bother her. "Emperor Feolis...I am well. The castle wards prevented any worse attacks. Alan seriously underestimated Arbiter and your powers here, along with the others." She said. She still felt shaky, but she was ignoring her troubles. She would stand there with Feolis, until the judgement was passed. Alan glowered with sheer hate at the two of them!

Feolis growled, and said, "Daughter, stand well away." Waiting until she had done so, he pulled out the long, nearly crystalline blade he always carried, channeled his elven magic through it, and said, "I, Feolis the first, Emperor of Ilkaria, and Lord of the House of the Valena, do hereby sentence Alan, Son of Toril, to death by my hand, for attempted murder of my daughter, Aylina, for the attempted murder of a member of the Arbiter's Team, and for threats against my person. The Ancients be witness here that it is my right to do so." He raised the blade, and plunged it down into Alan's head, through his neck, and down into his heart. The elf died instantly. "See that his body is burned and that his ashes are cast upon a dung-heep. Let the name Alan, Son of Toril be cast forever into obscurity. It shall be as I commanded."

He took a breath, and said, "Daughter, please do me the honor of refraining from using my title. I am your father, now, and I'd like you to call me that, if you can." He stepped forward, and embraced her, and then said, "Go prepare your things, daughter, then join us for an early lunch before you leave with the team."

@Maggie

Aylina watched, staying perfectly out of harms way. Alan couldnt even struggle as he was soon destroyed by Feolis sword. "Yes, of course..father. ill only be a few moments." She assured him, then, just because he'd permanently freed her from Alan's evil, she hugged Feolis, before going back to her room. It took a lot of cold water on her face before she could regain het composure completely. Steeling herself, she wondered if Garrick had heard any of that, though she hoped not. Soon she was presentable, finished packing, and had joined Feolis for lunch.

Magana saw the nod and drew in a steadying breath. THIS time she was prepared for him to distract her, expected it, and expected it to be worse. So she went into combat mode in her mind. She envisioned the river of magical energy and then used her hands to narrow it until once more it was jsut a thin strand of magic flowing into her actual hands and forming the ball of light. She held it and moved it from hand to hand as he was smacking at her hands and tickling her. She was focused completely on the stream of magic and the glowing ball. His attempts to distract her were noticed, but they did not cause her to lose her focus on the stream this time. She held the ball in her hand for tirty seconds and then forty-five and then the minute was up but she continued to hold the ball, not completely certain of the time. She held the ball for almost two minutes before she closed off the stream with her hands and looked at him.

Her brow lifted and she poked a finger at him, "You sir," She said with an peevish look on her face, "Can be extremely annoying when you wish to be. However, I do believe I managed more than a minute that time." She looked at her hands remembering the sight of the ball of light, "Does that mean there is no magic block within in?" she asked trying not to have too much hope in it, but being very desirous of learning to use magic so as to remove the stigma of it from the Ferregard peoples.

@Beowulf

A cloaked figure clung to shadows of the Laren city of Crudix, navigating the well known back alleys and darkened streets with the ease of frequent travel. one tap to the back door of a warehouse was all that signaled their arrival before the door opened and the cloaked figure stepped inside.

Without a word to the one who had opened the door, the figure moved forward with purposeful strides that sent the cloak billowing out behind them like a cloud of smoke. The man at the door was glad he was the doorkeeper and not the one that person had come to see. He knew better than to ask who they were or what they wanted.

The door to a room, presumably some kind of office flew open and banged loudly off the wall behind it. The man at the desk looked up and was about to spew out a litany of angry curses at whoever had done so, but the words stopped in his throat.

"You have failed," the cloaked figure said in a deep and venomous voice.

"That cannot be possible," he said defensively standing to feel less insignificant.

"And yet, it is possible. Your blades did not kill as they were intended. The Berkak yet lives."

A trembling hand raked through dark hair, shot through with silver strands, "That blade had a multitude of magical properties, all of which were specifically attached to the Berkak. No magical healing, clot blocking, poison specifically meant for the Berkak. How can he yet live if he was stabbed with the blade?"

A think hand grasping a blade moved quickly and sliced across the man's shirt barely cutting the skin beneath. "Shall we see?" the cloaked figure asked as they wiped the blood from the blade and sheathed it. "How long will you live?"

The man's eyes widened and then he sank to the ground in shock. "How can I help you if I am dead?" he asked as he began to gasp for breath.

"What good are you to me if you cannot craft a deadly enough blade?" The cloak swirled out and around as the figure turned suddenly and left as they had come. The voice of the man echoing after them, "Heal me! Give me the antidote! I will not fail again," went unheeded as the figure approached the door.

"No you will not." was heard only by the doorman who quickly opened the door to let them out where it seemed as if the cloaked figure vanished into the night.

The Arbiter spoke, his magic making himself heard to all those who were on his team. "Friends, we leave after lunch. We will be using my method of transportation, to get us within a few miles of our first destination. Our first stop is the Aedairin Capital, Sarias. Fair warning, the entirety of the city is underground, and Renn will be leading us into their stronghold. Remember. We are NOT peace agents, but agents of law." He turned to Feolis, and said, "Emperor, thank you for everything you have done for us. We will be distributing these supplies into packs for each person, and shrinking them so that no uncomfortable weight is had." At the same time, his magic did precisely what he said he would do, and a pack was made for each of the team members.

Feolis turned to the Arbiter, and said, "It will never cease to amaze me, I am sure, how powerful you are, Arbiter. No enchantment I know of can do that."

"And when they want something from the pack, it will come to their hand and unshrink as it leaves the pack, and return to its original form, without any degradation or trace of magic whatever."

Feolis simply shook his head in awe, knowing the Arbiter spoke truth, but unable to fathom the abilities of this being that stood beside him.

@PoetLore

Renn grinned at Garrick, "I never said you desired a vacation," he said, "Merely that you needed one to heal." He stepped toward the door, "And now, you do not. So I will leave you to pack and be waiting in the great hall to ahve lunch and then depart." saying as much he left the room adn went back the way he'd come. He nodded to Kylessa as he returned and with a smile informed her of the healing and the news that their group would depart in it's full strength.

He tipped his head though, "have you seen the Laren Ambassador?' he asked. "I was sure she would be here before I returned."

It was then he heard the Arbiter's voice in his mind and grinned, "Or perhaps that will bring her to the meeting place in time."

@Maggie

Kylessa smiled when Renn returned, "Oh I am so glad you were able to help them," she said honestly, "I did not want to leave without our entire group in tact. I think we need every member to be with us, and show everyone we represent all the races."

She was about to answer his question when she too heard the arbiter's voice, "I was about to say," she chuckled, "That I had not seen her, but I agree. She will know where to be now." There was little else to do but wait for lunch to be served. She watched the conversation between the Emperor and the Arbiter and saw the packs shrink at just his words and like the Emperor marveled at the magical acuity of the man who would lead them into all the lands.She was not foolish enough to believe that they would we well received in every place they entered, but she was very sure he could ensure their safety.

Garrick waved Renn off as he left, "Know it all," he called after him but there was a smile on his face as he spoke it. He had a great deal of admiration and affection for the healer but he wasn't going to let him know that, at least not yet. He quickly packed his things and went to Aylina's room to help her gather her things, but she was not there. Frowning, he made his way to the great hall hoping she had not tried to carry her things by herself.

He saw her there by Feolis and frowned, "What happened?' he asked as he came up beside her and touched her elbow. "Did you pack?" he asked, "Who carried your things?" He was a bit worried that she had carried them herself on her newly healed shoulder. He looked at Feolis for answers as well.

@Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.