Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"You Ain't Gettin' Away"

Dear Journal,

I've made my choice. I know Agatha would scold me, but the girl needs me. She's just a young woman looking for love and affection. I couldn't say no! All my life, I wanted a family myself, who am I to deny this girl? Her origins and mine, they really aren't so different. I can truly make a difference here.

I've begun to make preparations.

I must admit, however, that the girl's aura is... what's the word? Bleak. However, I believe she just needs love. She's been denied it for so long. I know that's the solution here.

Teddy felt a hand on his shoulder belonging to Captain America. "I am very sorry for your loss, Teddy. But you can't let despair take over. We need to push and fight on so that his killer's brought to justice." Teddy nodded but said nothing.

"Some of you are right cold sons of bitches!" Lucas announced, his voice booming around the room. "Gettin' a little tired of being asked 'why' here. The fuck do you think I'm gonna say, fellas? I was bored and then you arrived. Got that?"

Cap stood up and decided to give this guy a piece of his mind. "No one here is going to kill anyone else. You're a swindler and a cheat, son. The fact that you use these games to hurt us just shows how weak you are."

"Hey, fuck you, man! What do you fuckin' know, huh? You don't know me for shit! I built all this! I'm fuckin' amazing!" Lucas belted out a laugh. "Oh, you... we'll see if you still talk big when this is over."

Cap then turned to get the group's attention. "Are we going to let a man like that dictate how we act as a unit? I say no! We're in this together, as a unit and it's time we start acting like one. Petty squabbles are just playing into his hands. He wants us to fight, he wants us to kill each other. I don't know about you but I'm not going to play his game. Not anymore."

As the four pieces were gathered and the group proceeded down the hall to the locked door, Lucas spoke once again. "By the way, I heard ya talkin' 'bout Zoe. She's a bitch who didn't understand how things work around here. Didn't understand me either. Better off dead, if you ask me. She's not down with the program, so mom and dad aren't too happy with her. But y'see, they got other daughters now. And sons. They're good. So y'all don't worry 'bout her."

"H-Hold up," Owen said, his voice faltering. He held his hands out, trying to get everyone's attention. "Look... I get the gist of what's going on. I think I'm... I think I'm still a little in shock, to be honest. Not really thinking straight. This is... not right. I don't really feel it's real, you know? Some of you aren't even--"

He shot Toffee a wary look. "... I just don't know what to think."

Teddy stood up. Blood now covered his clothes. "It's real," he said. "It's very real. A sadistic maniac trapped us here. Some of us might not even be from realities you knew existed. We're all trapped, forced to play a game of life and death. We might all die. No... we probably will all die."

He said it in a detached tone. Teddy seemed to avoid looking at anyone while he walked over to Owen and held his hand out. "The piece."

Owen stared back. "... Real or not, I guess I have no choice but to think of it as real. Something in the back of my head is telling me this is all too familiar." He handed it off to Teddy, who went around and collected the second half.

The two completed pieces were inserted into the door that entered into the main hall, allowing the group to access the biggest part of the house yet.

pQSPcxC.jpg

Teddy shuffled in first to stand in the middle of the room. "The fuck you want us to do now, Lucas?!" Shane yelled into the house, but Lucas only responded with a laugh. The yelling apparently got someone's attention from the upper balcony, who ran to the railing to get a look at the group. She stared for a long moment, eyeing them.

tbsSyse.gif

"Holy shit," said the girl. "People."

On her wrist was another codex. "That door was locked, last I checked."

"Yeah, people," said Owen back at her.

kiri010.png

Now this was a surprise. First Usami, then Shane, and now her? If there was any doubt before in Kyoko's mind, now there certainly wasn't. The Dark Place was involved somehow, and if it had gotten a hold of Wanda's mind somehow, influencing her for the worse... Kyoko couldn't even imagine the kind of damage the Scarlet Witch could do under that kind of control. The situation had become far more dire than perhaps anyone here had realized...

"You..." The detective could only say, recognizing the punk girl. It was useless to say anything like "I thought you were dead," as for all she knew, she had either been warped back to life by Wanda with an incorrect or nonexistent memory of Bright Falls, or even worse, they were all in the Dark Place now.

"Me?" The girl tilted her head. "I see you guys have those crazy watches... Guess Lucas got to you too, huh? Fucking crazy-ass weirdo."

"... You seem familiar, kid," Shane said.

The girl peered at him. "... You too, old man. But I don't think we've met." She started to come down the stairs. "Name's Bullet. You're the first people I've seen who didn't laugh maniacally and chase me, so I'm gonna go ahead and trust you. Good with that?" She stopped before them.

"... Anyone got a smoke? I'm dying here."

Lucas cleared his throat. "Why, how nice of us to join us, girlie. You done bein' Zoe's errand girl yet? I'm surprised a member of the family didn't already do you in." Bullet held a middle finger up toward the sound of Lucas' voice. "Oh, ho! Okay, well, now that you're with them, I'll go ahead and start tracking your HP! As for the rest of you, I'll be back in a bit to give you a tour of this lovely section of the house!"

Makoto took the opportunity to pull Kyoko aside. "I think it's time, now, Kyoko... I, uh..."

T'Challa awoke on a marble floor that was patterned black and white. All around him were red curtains that seemed to sway. As he got up, his balance would be off, and no matter what T'Challa did, he would fall sideways through one of the red curtains.

In just a blink, the world changed. T'Challa was now standing on the doorstep of a suburban house in downtown New York. Someone was answering the door in front of him.

YaiUBXl.png

"Oh-- wow! You're Black Panther! I... didn't expect someone like you to show up."

It was Teddy Altman who opened the door.

Continued here.

Cast List
@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Arno Victor Dorian [Assassin's Creed]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Midnight Maiden as Belle French [Once Upon a Time]
@dalecOoOoOoOoOper as Dale Bartholomew Cooper [Twin Peaks]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@Ryu Keiko as Koriand'r [DC Comics]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Bomb as Lola [Fairy Fencer F]
@dark as Marcus Wright [Terminator]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Percival of the Round Table [Sonic and the Black Knight]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse [OC]
@Gands as Raven Darkholme [X-Men Cinematic Universe]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Rumpelstiltskin [Once Upon a Time]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Seishin Ryuu as Spartan-B312 [Halo]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta [Overwatch]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]

Last edited:
Makoto took the opportunity to pull Kyoko aside. "I think it's time, now, Kyoko... I, uh..."
kiri013.png

"Yes, what is it, Makoto?" Kyoko inquired, admittedly somewhat anxious to hear what Makoto intended to tell her now. She hated it when he'd ever keep secrets from her, even if it was out of some misguided desire to gun for the greater good, but of course, every time it happened, she found herself thinking; she could never have expected such arrogance from him. And yet, here and now, she found herself almost thinking of not wanting to hear it for whatever reason.

"I'm listening now," she said, as the rest of the group settled in on their new location.

@Atomyk

@Anyone

"You know that saying, 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions'? It's true. Have you ever regretted the way you talked to someone? Even though you thought you were doing the right thing?"

"..................."

"...well, uh, that's how I felt about Bullet. I got real harsh with her, pressed her at trial after trial, until she found out her best friend died, and then...she died, too." Honda needed a moment before he could continue. "Noey...be nice to kids. If nothing else...be nice to 'em. They feel things stronger than we do. When they go through a lot, so young..." He stared at her a moment. "Remember how, uh, Little Eagle felt, back home, before...y'know. Treat 'em like that. Or else..."

"...or else they end up like me."

"What? No!" Honda actually sounded horrified. "No, Noey, you gotta stop thinking like that! Damn it, don't you value yourself? Even a little? You're not a damn Doll, you're not Bison's slave, you...you're a human!"

".........."

"You don't believe that. And hey! That's...well, it's not okay. Not at all." He smiled at her. "But you'll see. One way or another, I'll help you see that! Gahahaha!!"

She'd forgotten all about that. She wondered how Honda would feel, if he'd seen her. The things she'd done. The things she'd said. For all she knew, he was watching her. She had no idea how the Dark Place worked, but it was odd. Ever since she had been in that classroom, she could've sworn she'd been under surveillance, and not by Lucas.

She'd let go of Phil, ignoring Raven and the way she stared. She wanted to take Phil's side? Fine. She didn't care. She didn't know what she cared about now. She may have ruined things between herself, Amir, and Six, and she didn't feel strongly about it. She didn't feel anything strongly. Except for one thing, one thing she'd felt ever since she was free of Psycho Power, ever since she left to Kanzuki Estate with Birdie after their brief stint in limbo: an oveewhelming sense of loss.​

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"You Ain't Gettin' Away"

Dear Journal,

I've made my choice. I know Agatha would scold me, but the girl needs me. She's just a young woman looking for love and affection. I couldn't say no! All my life, I wanted a family myself, who am I to deny this girl? Her origins and mine, they really aren't so different. I can truly make a difference here.

I must admit, however, that the girl's aura is... what's the word? Bleak. However, I believe she just needs love. She's been denied it for so long. I know that's the solution here.

Teddy felt a hand on his shoulder belonging to Captain America. "I am very sorry for your loss, Teddy. But you can't let despair take over. We need to push and fight on so that his killer's brought to justice." Teddy nodded but said nothing.

"Some of you are right cold sons of bitches!" Lucas announced, his voice booming around the room. "Gettin' a little tired of being asked 'why' here. The fuck do you think I'm gonna say, fellas? I was bored and then you arrived. Got that?"

Cap stood up and decided to give this guy a piece of his mind. "No one here is going to kill anyone else. You're a swindler and a cheat, son. The fact that you use these games to hurt us just shows how weak you are."

"Hey, fuck you, man! What do you fuckin' know, huh? You don't know me for shit! I built all this! I'm fuckin' amazing!" Lucas belted out a laugh. "Oh, you... we'll see if you still talk big when this is over."

Cap then turned to get the group's attention. "Are we going to let a man like that dictate how we act as a unit? I say no! We're in this together, as a unit and it's time we start acting like one. Petty squabbles are just playing into his hands. He wants us to fight, he wants us to kill each other. I don't know about you but I'm not going to play his game. Not anymore."

As the four pieces were gathered and the group proceeded down the hall to the locked door, Lucas spoke once again. "By the way, I heard ya talkin' 'bout Zoe. She's a bitch who didn't understand how things work around here. Didn't understand me either. Better off dead, if you ask me. She's not down with the program, so mom and dad aren't too happy with her. But y'see, they got other daughters now. And sons. They're good. So y'all don't worry 'bout her."

"H-Hold up," Owen said, his voice faltering. He held his hands out, trying to get everyone's attention. "Look... I get the gist of what's going on. I think I'm... I think I'm still a little in shock, to be honest. Not really thinking straight. This is... not right. I don't really feel it's real, you know? Some of you aren't even--"

Teddy stood up. Blood now covered his clothes. "It's real," he said. "It's very real. A sadistic maniac trapped us here. Some of us might not even be from realities you knew existed. We're all trapped, forced to play a game of life and death. We might all die. No... we probably will all die."

He said it in a detached tone. Teddy seemed to avoid looking at anyone while he walked over to Owen and held his hand out. "The piece."

Owen stared back. "... Real or not, I guess I have no choice but to think of it as real. Something in the back of my head is telling me this is all too familiar." He handed it off to Teddy, who went around and collected the second half.

The two completed pieces were inserted into the door that entered into the main hall, allowing the group to access the biggest part of the house yet.

pQSPcxC.jpg

Teddy shuffled in first to stand in the middle of the room. "The fuck you want us to do now, Lucas?!" Shane yelled into the house, but Lucas only responded with a laugh. The yelling apparently got someone's attention from the upper balcony, who ran to the railing to get a look at the group. She stared for a long moment, eyeing them.

tbsSyse.gif

kiri010.png

Now this was a surprise. First Usami, then Shane, and now her? If there was any doubt before in Kyoko's mind, now there certainly wasn't. The Dark Place was involved somehow, and if it had gotten a hold of Wanda's mind somehow, influencing her for the worse... Kyoko couldn't even imagine the kind of damage the Scarlet Witch could do under that kind of control. The situation had become far more dire than perhaps anyone here had realized...

"You..." The detective could only say, recognizing the punk girl. It was useless to say anything like "I thought you were dead," as for all she knew, she had either been warped back to life by Wanda with an incorrect or nonexistent memory of Bright Falls, or even worse, they were all in the Dark Place now.

"Me?" The girl tilted her head. "I see you guys have those crazy watches... Guess Lucas got to you too, huh? Fucking crazy-ass weirdo."

The girl peered at him. "... You too, old man. But I don't think we've met." She started to come down the stairs. "Name's Bullet. You're the first people I've seen who didn't laugh maniacally and chase me, so I'm gonna go ahead and trust you. Good with that?" She stopped before them.

Lucas cleared his throat. "Why, how nice of us to join us, girlie. You done bein' Zoe's errand girl yet? I'm surprised a member of the family didn't already do you in." Bullet held a middle finger up toward the sound of Lucas' voice. "Oh, ho! Okay, well, now that you're with them, I'll go ahead and start tracking your HP! As for the rest of you, I'll be back in a bit to give you a tour of this lovely section of the house!"

T'Challa awoke on a marble floor that was patterned black and white. All around him were red curtains that seemed to sway. As he got up, his balance would be off, and no matter what T'Challa did, he would fall sideways through one of the red curtains.

In just a blink, the world changed. T'Challa was now standing on the doorstep of a suburban house in downtown New York. Someone was answering the door in front of him.

YaiUBXl.png

"Oh-- wow! You're Black Panther! I... didn't expect someone like you to show up."

Cast List
Arno bit down on his lip hard, extending and recalling his hidden blades again and again in the hopes of distracting his racing mind. Anyone outside of the mind of the Ex-Assassin couldn't tell what was he was thinking... regretting. All the people he had let die from his own negligence. He stared down at the green light blinking at his wrist. He had so much health remaining, while a tragically large fraction of his company had so little. It was so unfair. He was a warrior letting others die so that he could be safe. A hypocrite. there was only one way to rectify it

"Are we really going to let that creep play us? The Captain's right. He's a killer and a coward. The blood isn't on our hands, it's on his. The only way to set things right is to bring his codex right down to the red, if you understand what I'm saying. Who's with me?"
@Atomyk @everybody

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"You Ain't Gettin' Away"

Dear Journal,

pQSPcxC.jpg

tbsSyse.gif

kiri010.png

YaiUBXl.png

Cast List

"Bullet? You're Bullet, aren't you?"

Nono was a little shocked.

8IyMcXP.jpg

"You have to tell us how you got here, it's impossible for you to be here... you... Bright Falls... we saw your-"

Nono was nigh-speechless.

@Atomyk @Verite @Yun Lee @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @York @The Batter @etcetcetc​

Mason picked back up his cane and held on tightly to the wooden sword as the group entered the new area. He was glad that he was still in the green. It was here that Mason saw that his brother's codex had dropped into the yellow. He knew it was probably Lucas's trickery, but it certainly didn't make him happy.

He picked up on something from Kyoko and Nono's words. They mentioned Bright Falls again. He wanted to know his guess was right. Normally, he might dance around the subject for Nono's sake, maybe use a euphemism, but here he was blunt. He asked Nono and Kyoko, "Is Bullet another person who should be dead? I assume by a Murder Game?"

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Yun Lee @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @York @The Batter

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"You Ain't Gettin' Away"

Dear Journal,

pQSPcxC.jpg

tbsSyse.gif

kiri010.png

YaiUBXl.png

Cast List

The first thing Saeko did was look around for a piece of glass or something she could save. This was in case she wanted to commit jigai later. She looked at the rest of the group.

"I think we need to play his game so we can get to him. He's insane, but we have to follow along." She said.

@Anyone

Reactions: Mason Moretti
[spoili][/spoili]
tumblr_oii76zMXhO1v3qowuo5_75sq.png

A slight irritation remained in her, and it wasn't because she was being chipped away in terms of hitpoints. The fact that another was being put through the same thing, it bothered her. Though, now that it was over, Kiyohime took a breath to calm herself. Not the appropriate timing to lose her cool again. Besides, they had gotten what they needed from here...

tumblr_oii76zMXhO1v3qowuo10_75sq.png

"I'm not gravely hurt... my thanks for your concern. I suppose that we'll have to be careful from here on."

For her own sake, she didn't seem to worry, but gave a little concern if her wellbeing was regarded by some here. On the contrary, she knew she wouldn't think straight if those that she had come to know here were to be harmed...

@Atomyk @York @Leon Moretti @The Batter @thatguyinthestore
The boy looked down to stare at Phil. His expression turned to anger as he stood up to face the man. "My name is Owen, asshole. What is your goddamn problem?" he asked intensely. "I just woke up to find myself strapped to a chair, about to be murdered, and gawked at by a bunch of people I don't know. Forgive me if I'm not in a good fucking mood. You'd think saving me was a thing you should have done and not a thing I have to fucking beg for."

He moved to walk away, but was surprised by something in his pocket. He pulled it out, and it turned out to be a statuette of a man down to his torso. His bottom half was missing. "The hell...?"

The door to the room then opened, allowing them back into the Dining Room.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Takumi @Glostechk @Bomb @LivingRoom

Strangely, T'Challa would find that when he lowered his vehicle, it lowered a great distance. There was the sound of ringing, followed by a cheer from Lucas. "Oh ho! That's the stuff! One of you's got your car so low, it's about to fall! For your sake, I hope its high enough to kill you right away. I didn't exactly test this one!"

T'Challa's car dropped, crushing him to death.

"You are the weakest link... Goodbye! Now, that's the game, fellas! Come get your prize!"

The booth doors were opened and Makoto immediately ran for Kyoko, pulling her into a hug. He buried his face in her shoulder, but he could see T'Challa's booth behind her and the pool of blood expanding across the floor.

aXJ3Cpm.png

"H-He was killed... How did...?"

An item dropped from the ceiling. It turned out to be an ox statuette, though its head was missing. The door to the garage opened, allowing everyone to leave.

@Crow @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Verite @Garage

With Tommy out of the way, the mysterious intruder seemed to move lethargically as he focused on the others around him. Beatrice's attack caught him at this crucial time and he took a step back as if pushed. Otherwise, he didn't seem to react, even as his blood spilled to the floor.

He did, however, turn to Mason once again when the boy attacked, His expressionless face seemed intent on making him pay, so the man reached out to grab Mason. He might have succeeded if not for Shane's intervention, who fired rounds of his gun into the man. "That's right, you fuck!" Shane yelled. "Sit the fuck down!"

The intruder staggered backward as blood adorned his chest. He did not look hurt, but the assault was looking to be effective. "Get out of here, bastard." The man stared at Shane listlessly before turning around and slowly walking back out the door. Whether it was out of danger of being killed or not was unclear. Strangely, the others didn't encounter him on their way back, as if he had disappeared into thin air.

It was then that the other groups arrived, done with their rooms. Owen boggled at the amount of people, but Teddy searched the room for one person in particular. "Where's Tommy and...?" His eyes went wide upon seeing Raven carrying Billy. It didn't immediately register to him how limp Billy looked or that he was missing all of his fingers on one hand. He took a staggered step forward.

7UM9rG0.png

"Wh-What happened? Is Billy okay...?"

@Josh M @Takumi @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @DiningRoom
"Black Panther's dead?" Captain America stepped into the dining room, having tried his best to get any crucial information from Agatha regarding what they could have done for Wanda, but she had been tight lipped as ever about anything that they already hadn't known so Cap had abandoned it to try and help the others.

The news of T'Challa's demise hit heavily on him, especially because the relationship had gone sour when they had arrived. Now that was how it was going to be with out any reconciliation. He looked grimly to the ground with his fist clenched when Toffee spoke up.​

"As a close friend to the Black Panther I know he died so that another could've lived," Cap stated. "Even as a king, his well being never came before the ones under him, and that was something I admired about him. I wasn't as close to Billy and Tommy but I know they were great kids that didn't deserve this. None of us deserve this. And that's why we're going to push on and get out of this alive. For them, as well as for us."

He looked up at the gathered group. "We'll save Wanda and bring the rest of these people to justice. On that you can be certain."

Agatha stood firm. She would share what she knew. Just not yet.

Shane stood silent after shooting the mystery man, For some reason, it felt like a weight off his chest. Following T'Challa's, Billy's, and Tommy's death, Shane snapped at Toffee.

"Will you please give your shtick a rest? His boyfriend died, just give him space." It's not that Shane cared, but Toffee's whole allure didn't sit right with Walsh.

Turning away from Toffee, Shane looked up. "Lucas, you there? I gotta questions for you."

"... Yeah?" Lucas asked. "Can you make it quick? I think shit's 'bout to go down."

Makoto hesitated, for when he saw tensions rising, he decided against what he wanted to say to Kyoko. "Maybe in a bit," he whispered to her.

No matter what Toffee or Saeko said, Teddy saw red. Noembelu arguing with Phil got him more worked up, if anything, and he started a purposeful stride toward Shen. Teddy had heard the man speak before. He didn't seem to be a "team player." Teddy didn't have to go through his own room to know something was not quite right if Billy were the only one to lose.

mB0R8JA.png

"You let him die, didn't you?" he asked, speaking in that unique lowered tone that only the truly enraged seemed to utter. Teddy wished desperately he could shapeshift right now. "Tell me!" Nothing really mattered anymore, not without Billy. Teddy had only come here for Billy. Teddy's whole life practically revolved around Billy. They were supposed to spend the rest of their lives together. Now they may as well both be dead.

"Fucking-- Tell me!" Teddy went for a punch to Shen's face.

@Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Leon Moretti @Verite @Jeremi @Josh M @Minerva @Gands @Josh M @Otto @Everyone​
Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"You Ain't Gettin' Away"

Dear Journal,

pQSPcxC.jpg

tbsSyse.gif

kiri010.png

YaiUBXl.png

Cast List
Reiner Braun
@Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Leon Moretti @Verite @Jeremi @Josh M @Minerva @Gands @Atomyk @Otto
@Everyone

Reiner looked relieved, but yet... Both worried, and a little annoyed at himself for now having figured out the puzzle in time to avoid more damage to their "hp", but at the very least... Physically, they were fine, for now.

TWAZ1ir.png

"Yeah..." He said, trying to smile a little, in an attempt to lighten the mood a bit.

Unfortunately though, it looked like Kiyo was a bit bummed out too about how things turned out; at least he wasn't alone on that front... He tentatively reached out to give her a gentle pat on her head, like he had back in the dining room, before they headed back there, meeting up with the others.

It looks like there had been more casualties along the way too; Billy was quite heavily injured, with 5 of his fingers missing, which Reiner would rush to help tend to... If given the opportunity, along with Black Panther, who had been killed at the location he had visited... Looks like they were all going to have to be carefull, if they were to avoid any further casualties...

Looks like "Captain America", or so the newcomer was called had the same idea actually, to Lucas's discontent anyways. It was evident that he orchestrated this, and was somehow connected to "Mother" and "Father", both of which he had a feeling they ran into in the string of events leading up to when Wanda first teleported them to a strange place... Though evidently there were those conspiring against Lucas and his cronies; Zoe apparently being a rather notorious one.

Nonetheless, Reiner knew he didn't have too much time to stew on this right now, and instead turned his attention to the statue pieces, which were assembled into two distinct pieces, which were then inserted into the door, and unlocked it for them... And as he and the others observed the main hall they were greeted with, Lucas's laughter in response to Shane's question unnerved him.

Though here, they appeared to have run into someone else... Yet another that some more experienced members of their group seemed to recognize; she too was wearing a codex, and it was apparent that Lucas wasn't quite expecting her, but nevertheless, seemed more than eager to toss her into the fray.

Evidently, they were going to get a "tour" of this house, but considering that the newcomer, identified as "Bullet", appeared to have been working with Zoe, he wondered if Lucas had something... Special in mind for her.

NDqRwJT.png

Whatever the case was though, Reiner decided to proceed with caution this time, knowing he can't afford to lose any more HP, all things considered... Thus, he began checking carefully for any potential traps, taking great care to avoid touching anything just yet...​

Chapter 3: Philandering

Phil was thankful when Noemblu finally let him go and he choose to ignore her question about the guns since he needed them for god knows what was to come. He looked over at Raven when she asked him what medication he took. " Anxiety medication, I had it before Lucas went robbing our unconscious bodies." he said, a hint of bitterness in his voice. He didn't care what the woman though.

Six didn't hate him, Saeko was up in the air, Amir didn't. It was just the killer. The irony of the killer who was willing to commit suicide as the one who was saving him wasn't lost on him. Actually, it was something to say the least. " I don't think we have a choice, pretty sure if we stopped playing he would just kill us all regardless. I'm surprised he hasn't done it yet. he admitted to Saeko. He was enjoying their despair.

What Noemblu said about this place? It ran on despair. " Speaking of which, Noemblu, shouldn't you tell everyone where you think we are? You did after all said their should be no secrets between us," he said, doing his signature sneer as he said it.

The sneer.PNG

He wasn't about to let that go. Practice what you preach.

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @Minerva @Gands

Oh, here we go. "Wasn't really keeping it a secret, but all right." Noembelu turned to the group. "We're in the Dark Place. It runs on despair. They try to bring people in to break them and possess them, because those trapped can't leave. Usami, Shane, Bullet-they all died in the Dark Place, which is why they're here. The same probably happened to Owen. And, unfortunately...the same may be the case for all those we lost. Maybe."

She hated Phil. She did. With every fiber of her being she couldn't stand him, especially with what she had to confess. "I was in something called a Murder Game, like the people in Bright Falls. Except mone was different. I...I was something called a Harbinger. I caused chaos in one area, then killed someone. I only killed one person before I was found out." She gulped. "I took my own life then. But I wound up in a limbo, with others who'd died. We all got out safely. Here...it's different. Maybe we'll find T'Challa and the twins, and those two others. Maybe we won't. But that's what I know."

@Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @thatguyinthestore @York @Takumi @Leon Moretti @Verite @Jeremi @Josh M @Minerva @Gands @Atomyk @Otto
@Everyone​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
The first thing Saeko did was look around for a piece of glass or something she could save. This was in case she wanted to commit jigai later. She looked at the rest of the group.

"I think we need to play his game so we can get to him. He's insane, but we have to follow along." She said.

@Anyone

"I'm pretty sure you're right, sword-gun-lady," Mason said, as he had never gotten her name, despite his best failed efforts to remember everyone's name, "I'm pretty sure that a LOT more of us are going to die. I don't even have faith in my own lifespan right now, but if one of us can best the game then they can get vengeance for all of us who are lost."

@Minerva

Oh, here we go. "Wasn't really keeping it a secret, but all right." Noembelu turned to the group. "We're in the Dark Place. It runs on despair. They try to bring people in to break them and possess them, because those trapped can't leave. Usami, Shane, Bullet-they all died in the Dark Place, which is why they're here. The same probably happened to Owen. And, unfortunately...the same may be the case for all those we lost. Maybe."

She hated Phil. She did. With every fiber of her being she couldn't stand him, especially with what she had to confess. "I was in something called a Murder Game, like the people in Bright Falls. Except mone was different. I...I was something called a Harbinger. I caused chaos in one area, then killed someone. I only killed one person before I was found out." She gulped. "I took my own life then. But I wound up in a limbo, with others who'd died. We all got out safely. Here...it's different. Maybe we'll find T'Challa and the twins, and those two others. Maybe we won't. But that's what I know."

@Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @thatguyinthestore @York @Takumi @Leon Moretti @Verite @Jeremi @Josh M @Minerva @Gands @Atomyk @Otto
@Everyone​

"Murder Games... Well, despite what Monokuma said, I'm pretty sure we can call this a Murder Game. We're in a deadly place that runs on despair and we have a guy who is trying to let us get killed or make us kill each other. The question is, if the Dark Place runs on despair, then how the hell do we stop feeding it?"

Mason's hope batteries were completely drained and there wasn't a place to charge them. He knew Makoto had hope to spare and Kyoko had experience in multiple despair-ridden events, but he had no clue how they kept their hope in dark times.

"THEY have REAL hope, and you don't even have fake hope left," Mason thought to himself.

@Mason Moretti
@Everyone​

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"You Ain't Gettin' Away"

Dear Journal,

pQSPcxC.jpg

tbsSyse.gif

kiri010.png

YaiUBXl.png

Cast List

If this was what death T'Challa hadn't certainly seen it coming. He remembered the car and...then the room and now a suburban home face to face with someone he just recently was in a setting of life and death.

"I am king am I not? Can I not come and go how I wish?" Disoriented and confused he might be, but it was best to play along with whatever this was for the time being. "Isn't this...occasion worthy a visit from the king of Wakanda?"

@Atomyk

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"You Ain't Gettin' Away"

Dear Journal,

pQSPcxC.jpg

tbsSyse.gif

kiri010.png

YaiUBXl.png

Cast List

Adam gave the entire fiasco an unimpressed look. His arms crossed, watching the events unfold, the deaths garnering no reaction from the apathetic dictator. "The fact still remains that Panther would not have fallen had the one who failed the task had answered the questions correctly. But as Captain had put it. Their deaths shouldn't affect us." He shrugged, watching as the door revealed a massive room.
C567apture.PNG

Once within its confine's Adam looked around, giving a dismissive note to the girl that had appeared. While most of his powers were gone, he was still left with a will forged in the fires of a thousand years of adversity, he would not be broken so easily, and it showed with his calm yet aggressive demeanor.

Once within the massive area, he began to look for anything of use, looking into any possible containers or closet. He was careful, eyes were darting side to side as he scanned for any traps that may be around the corner.

@Atomyk @Others

@Mason Moretti @Verite @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk

"We don't. We can't. All we can do is escape. Those who don't get lost here." She looked to those who'd gone to Bright Falls. "Did anyone who died come back? Anyone at all? The Dark Place may be different than where I was. You came back there. I..." She couldn't look at Teddy as she said this. "...I don't think you come back from here."

The only glass Saeko would find was on the grandfather clock in the room. Most of the windows were out of reach or boarded up. There would be no immediate traps to find in the main hall.

"Saw my... what? Is that a no on the smokes?" Bullet scoffed. "Whatever. I'd ask why you have a robot and shit with you, but for some reason, it doesn't seem too weird. The shit I've seen the last few days..." Then she heard something rather odd and she looked to Mason and Noembelu. "Excuse me? Are you trying to fucking say something about me? Trying to say I should be dead?"

"You people sound fucking crazy," Owen muttered. "Murder? Limbo? Are you out of your minds?"

Shane turned on Noembelu angrily. "You trying to pull one over on us? I ain't about to get myself killed because you say fuckin' magic will bring me back. We already got another playing with us so we don't need another doin' the same damn thing!"

"The Dark Place?" Lucas said questioningly. "Fellas, hate to break it to ya, but you're just in my house. A dirty, stinking, hellhole of a house. Last I checked, thhose dead bodies weren't getting back up. Oh, wait... I guess one of them disappeared, huh? I wonder..."

Makoto glanced warily at those crowding around Kyoko. She was sure popular. "I... I'm sorry, let's wait until Lucas makes us move."

@Crow @Verite @Yun Lee @Cromartie Sarkissian @Mason Moretti @Minerva @York @LuckycoolHawk9 @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X

"Um... I hope?" Teddy stepped aside to allow T'Challa inside. "Honestly, I didn't think us getting married would be a big enough deal that someone like you would show up. Did the Scarlet Witch invite you?"

@Jeremi

Last edited:
@Mason Moretti @Verite @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk

"We don't. We can't. All we can do is escape. Those who don't get lost here." She looked to those who'd gone to Bright Falls. "Did anyone who died come back? Anyone at all? The Dark Place may be different than where I was. You came back there. I..." She couldn't look at Teddy as she said this. "...I don't think you come back from here."

"Can you really trust anything, dear child? When everything forwards is backwards, which is forwards?"

Agatha stood as three of their group and Lucas spoke, the old witch closed her eyes.

'The only real truth here is simple; nothing is what it seems. I hope all will remember that."

move."

@Crow @Verite @Yun Lee @Cromartie Sarkissian @Mason Moretti @Minerva @York @LuckycoolHawk9 @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X

Noembelu opened her mouth to reply, but she stopped herself. The last time she'd tried to say much about their situation, she wound up slitting her own throat. Plus...she could still feel those eyes on her. Stupid girl. She'd said too much.

Noembelu would quietly slip away to explore the area they were in, stopping at the clock to see if it had any time on it.​

The only glass Saeko would find was on the grandfather clock in the room. Most of the windows were out of reach or boarded up. There would be no immediate traps to find in the main hall.

"Saw my... what? Is that a no on the smokes?" Bullet scoffed. "Whatever. I'd ask why you have a robot and shit with you, but for some reason, it doesn't seem too weird. The shit I've seen the last few days..." Then she heard something rather odd and she looked to Mason and Noembelu. "Excuse me? Are you trying to fucking say something about me? Trying to say I should be dead?"

"You people sound fucking crazy," Owen muttered. "Murder? Limbo? Are you out of your minds?"

Shane turned on Noembelu angrily. "You trying to pull one over on us? I ain't about to get myself killed because you say fuckin' magic will bring me back. We already got another playing with us so we don't need another doin' the same damn thing!"

"The Dark Place?" Lucas said questioningly. "Fellas, hate to break it to ya, but you're just in my house. A dirty, stinking, hellhole of a house. Last I checked, thhose dead bodies weren't getting back up. Oh, wait... I guess one of them disappeared, huh? I wonder..."

Makoto glanced warily at those crowding around Kyoko. She was sure popular. "I... I'm sorry, let's wait until Lucas makes us move."

"Um... I hope?" Teddy stepped aside to allow T'Challa inside. "Honestly, I didn't think us getting married would be a big enough deal that someone like you would show up. Did the Scarlet Witch invite you?"

@Jeremi

Of course this would be part of Wanda's machinations. "Prominent members of the superhero community giving each other their hand in marriage even leaves someone like me to pause," T'Challa responded as he made his way inside. "While I do come barring gifts, it would be an honor if you would consider Wakanda for your honeymoon."

Small talk and pleasantries was the only weapons in Black Panther's arsenal for the time being. If this was yet another scenario tampered by the Scarlet Witch then it was best to keep quiet as to not rouse suspicion.​

@Atomyk

Phil Connors

Yet another fucking clock. What the hell was with this place and goddamn clocks? What was this the third or fourth time there was a clock here? Phil had grown to hate clocks and this time was no different. " Somebody here loves fucking clock puzzles. First the clock in the tape that opened the secret passageway, next the clock that revealed the door in the class room. If I am going to guess something, I bet the goddamn fucking clock has something to do with a puzzle," he said point blankly. He wasn't addressing either Saeko or Noemblu exactly, just anyone in the area. He was really tempted to shoot the clock, but restrained for now.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Atomyk @Everyone

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"You Ain't Gettin' Away"

Dear Journal,

pQSPcxC.jpg

tbsSyse.gif

kiri010.png

YaiUBXl.png

Cast List

[spoili][/spoili]
Reiner Braun
@Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Leon Moretti @Verite @Jeremi @Josh M @Minerva @Gands @Atomyk @Otto
@Everyone

Reiner looked relieved, but yet... Both worried, and a little annoyed at himself for now having figured out the puzzle in time to avoid more damage to their "hp", but at the very least... Physically, they were fine, for now.

TWAZ1ir.png

"Yeah..." He said, trying to smile a little, in an attempt to lighten the mood a bit.

Unfortunately though, it looked like Kiyo was a bit bummed out too about how things turned out; at least he wasn't alone on that front... He tentatively reached out to give her a gentle pat on her head, like he had back in the dining room, before they headed back there, meeting up with the others.

It looks like there had been more casualties along the way too; Billy was quite heavily injured, with 5 of his fingers missing, which Reiner would rush to help tend to... If given the opportunity, along with Black Panther, who had been killed at the location he had visited... Looks like they were all going to have to be carefull, if they were to avoid any further casualties...

Looks like "Captain America", or so the newcomer was called had the same idea actually, to Lucas's discontent anyways. It was evident that he orchestrated this, and was somehow connected to "Mother" and "Father", both of which he had a feeling they ran into in the string of events leading up to when Wanda first teleported them to a strange place... Though evidently there were those conspiring against Lucas and his cronies; Zoe apparently being a rather notorious one.

Nonetheless, Reiner knew he didn't have too much time to stew on this right now, and instead turned his attention to the statue pieces, which were assembled into two distinct pieces, which were then inserted into the door, and unlocked it for them... And as he and the others observed the main hall they were greeted with, Lucas's laughter in response to Shane's question unnerved him.

Though here, they appeared to have run into someone else... Yet another that some more experienced members of their group seemed to recognize; she too was wearing a codex, and it was apparent that Lucas wasn't quite expecting her, but nevertheless, seemed more than eager to toss her into the fray.

Evidently, they were going to get a "tour" of this house, but considering that the newcomer, identified as "Bullet", appeared to have been working with Zoe, he wondered if Lucas had something... Special in mind for her.

NDqRwJT.png

Whatever the case was though, Reiner decided to proceed with caution this time, knowing he can't afford to lose any more HP, all things considered... Thus, he began checking carefully for any potential traps, taking great care to avoid touching anything just yet...​

@Jeremi
So confused... ❞

Kiyohime felt lost as soon as they arrived at the living room. All this talk was flying over her head, leaving her feeling quite out of it. And with Reiner giving her a pat on the head given her mild complaints about how things went in the laundry room, the Berserker really felt unsure on what to say other than stating that she was terribly confused.

@Crow @Verite @Yun Lee @Cromartie Sarkissian @Mason Moretti @Minerva @York @LuckycoolHawk9 @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.