Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Connors

Phil better know that he had talked with Cap. He wished he had something to give him for the advice, but well.... wait, he did. He pulled out the flowers that had helped him. " I think you should take this, make sure they don't get into the wrong hands...." he said, rather awkwardly.

@Jeremi

Phil Connors

Phil better know that he had talked with Cap. He wished he had something to give him for the advice, but well.... wait, he did. He pulled out the flowers that had helped him. " I think you should take this, make sure they don't get into the wrong hands...." he said, rather awkwardly.

@Jeremi

Cap in turn took the flowers rather awkwardly from Phil, not wanting to be rude. "Thanks...I'll see to it that they can't be used for evil."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Connors

Phil smiled, as he just looked over at the others. " You should probably diffuse that situation before something goes wrong." He was looking over at Black Adam, Toffee, Six and Noemblu and Amir.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Glostechk @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Yun Lee @Takumi

Cap looked over to where the fighting was happening with a grim look. "You're probably right about that. I'll handle this."

As he was making his way towards them holding his shield high he'd find a sudden compatriot by his side. "Perhaps two will be better to diffuse the situation?"

The help was not unwanted and Cap nodded at him. "I'm sorry for what happened."

T'Challa stopped Cap before he could continue. "We can discuss the situation after we've dealt with this."

When they were close enough Cap shouted into the air to get their attention. "Stop fighting this instant! Haven't you all seen enough bloodshed already!" He knew that someone like Black Adam wouldn't not listen to him but maybe the others would see to reason.

T'Challa however had a different idea addressing Black Adam directly. "Are your powers really worth wasting on your current opponents Black Adam? What Captain America said is true, we have had enough bloodshed to last us a life time. We are done here, let us return back to our worlds in peace."​

@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Glostechk @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Yun Lee @Takumi

Phil Connors

Phil was silent, as he looked around the room for Saeko. Where was she? After a few moments, he finally spotted her and approached her, holding her pistol. " Hey, here is your pistol back. I think I used one bullet. he said to her. " I think Leon has your sword right now... we kind of lost your wooden sword."

@Minerva @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti

Cap looked over to where the fighting was happening with a grim look. "You're probably right about that. I'll handle this."

As he was making his way towards them holding his shield high he'd find a sudden compatriot by his side. "Perhaps two will be better to diffuse the situation?"

T'Challa stopped Cap before he could continue. "We can discuss the situation after we've dealt with this."

When they were close enough Cap shouted into the air to get their attention. "Stop fighting this instant! Haven't you all seen enough bloodshed already!" He knew that someone like Black Adam wouldn't not listen to him but maybe the others would see to reason.

T'Challa however had a different idea addressing Black Adam directly. "Are your powers really worth wasting on your current opponents Black Adam? What Captain America said is true, we have had enough bloodshed to last us a life time. We are done here, let us return back to our worlds in peace."​

@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Glostechk @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Yun Lee @Takumi
Toffee glared at Captain America before backing away from Black Adam, brushing off his suit accordingly.

"Of course." Toffee said flatly, glaring at Black Adam out of the corner of his eye before walking away.

@Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Glostechk @Takumi

The hatchets were of no threat to Adam and as such, let them bounce off of his body once hit. The punch however, surprised Adam for a moment, causing him to slide back once it made contact. The attack however seemed to cause more irritation than it did pain to the blood thirsty dictator.

"I am merely fulfilling this child's request for a quick death." Adam voiced to Panther, his hostile intent clear. "There is no power wasted in such a trivial task. And I did not start this fight. I will, however, be the one to end it if they do not yield soon."

C777777apture.PNG
As Six grabbed Adam's wrist, she would find that the man's arm would not budge so easily, not even moving an inch from where it was. Instead, a corona of thousand degree lightning radiated from his body, causing severe burns and possible tissue disintegration if it hit something. He snarled as he launched his arm towards her, moving to the direction where she wanted it to be pulled with astounding strength and speed. There was a good chance that Six could bite his arm, that is if she managed to hold it still. Contrary to what the others might be thinking, Adam was not holding back. His movements were carried with deadly intent.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Glostechk @Takumi

The hatchets were of no threat to Adam and as such, let them bounce off of his body once hit. The punch however, surprised Adam for a moment, causing him to slide back once it made contact. The attack however seemed to cause more irritation than it did pain to the blood thirsty dictator.

"I am merely fulfilling this child's request for a quick death." Adam voiced to Panther, his hostile intent clear. "There is no power wasted in such a trivial task. And I did not start this fight. I will, however, be the one to end it if they do not yield soon."
As Six grabbed Adam's wrist, she would find that the man's arm would not budge so easily, not even moving an inch from where it was. Instead, a corona of thousand degree lightning radiated from his body, causing severe burns and possible tissue disintegration if it hit something. He snarled as he launched his arm towards her, moving to the direction where she wanted it to be pulled with astounding strength and speed. There was a good chance that Six could bite his arm, that is if she managed to hold it still. Contrary to what the others might be thinking, Adam was not holding back. His movements were carried with deadly intent.

Noticing the corona, the small child lost her grip on Adam's arm to avoid any severe burns, landing on the floor with her hands and feet. She crawled around all fours circling Adam to see an opening as her intent was to attack him again. Even though the man was her main target, it would have been possible for the girl to seek for another target, snarling at the others. Being on the floor, her silver lighter slipped out of her pocket which she did not notice. She began to approach Adam and would likely attack him again if no one were to catch the child from her sudden leap.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9

Noticing the corona, the small child lost her grip on Adam's arm to avoid any severe burns, landing on the floor with her hands and feet. She crawled around all fours circling Adam to see an opening as her intent was to attack him again. Even though the man was her main target, it would have been possible for the girl to seek for another target, snarling at the others. Being on the floor, her silver lighter slipped out of her pocket which she did not notice. She began to approach Adam and would likely attack him again if no one were to catch the child from her sudden leap.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9

Amir would run over to Six and scoop her up into her amrs and hold her tightly, , the girl's back to the huntress' chest and arms hopefully secured to her sides. Yet, she did her best not to hurt Six if successful.

"Six, please, that's enough." she whispered.

@Glostechk @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

Phil Connors

Phil could tell that Six wasn't about to give up easily and though, it was stupid and suicidal of him, but he knew that nobody was going to expect it. Avoiding danger, he went to go and catch her in his arms before she could tear into Black Adam's flesh, but Amir beat him. He knew that she was probably hungry. " Amir let Six, Bite me if she's hungry, I'll take the hit. I deserve it just as much as him," he said, seeing as she was feral and needed food.

@Takumi @Glostechk @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore

Captur999e.PNG
Adam had no reason to pursue the fight with the girl. She was away from him which was good enough. "What a pitiful child. I will kill you next time you try something like that." Adam muttered, wanting to waste no more time on a meddlesome brat. He crossed his arms and looked away, waiting for whatever to happen next.

@Takumi @Glostechk @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

Phil Connors

Phil could tell that Six wasn't about to give up easily and though, it was stupid and suicidal of him, but he knew that nobody was going to expect it. Avoiding danger, he went to go and catch her in his arms before she could tear into Black Adam's flesh, but Amir beat him. He knew that she was probably hungry. " Amir let Six, Bite me if she's hungry, I'll take the hit. I deserve it just as much as him," he said, seeing as she was feral and needed food.

@Takumi @Glostechk @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore

The child squirmed within Amir's arms, growling as she tried to snap at Amir's neck. Seeing that she could not reach any part of Amir's body with her mouth, the girl calmed down a bit. As Phil approached, Six would squirm forcefully once again, her mouth opened wide. Tiny hands curled upward, scratching and pinching Amir's arms in order to be free.

@Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee

Phil Connors

Phil sadly didn't have the flowers even to offer as he had offered them to Cap. What did he have to offer besides his flesh? He had a handkerchief ( Not edible), sheet music (not edible), the glass of Jim Bean ( not something you should give a kid), zero guns ( also not kid edible). The flowers were an option if he hadn't given them away. He paused as he thought about the Jim Bean. Having it for so long, the alcoholic bit of it had evaporated.... leaving grains and distilled water. " I mean, all the alcohol dissolved in my Jim Bean.... so in theory, the mixture of distilled water shouldn't be too intoxicating and fill Six up. Of course, I can't account for the amount of time between obtaining the drink and you arriving here, but I say being in a hot greenhouse probably speed up the process, dissolving the alcohol and leaving a mix of water, corn and grains that would be edible for a nine year old. " he said. He was almost positive about this. Well, mostly positively. As a student of weather, he did need to learn chemistry and dissolving. The only problem he couldn't account for was that he didn't correct the measure of the heat and alcoholic content left.

@Glostechk @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore

Last edited:
The Batter was confused for a moment, but was immediately pushed back by the dark winds of Evie's. The Batter then force himself forward. He was not going to let a little air get in his way. He then realized that Evie was retreating. He clutched his bat. "No.....I won't let you escape. You Will Pay!" The Batter then quickly begins to rush towards Evie with a strange aura around him...if someone were to look at him and focus... they would see the strange aura was actually forming a strange creature by his side.

View attachment 144734

The Batter then suddenly jumps into the air and hold his bat over his head. He then begins swinging his bat down, aiming to crush Evie with his bat. A smile grew on his face. "You shall be purified!" But before his bat was about to make contact, Evie fades away. The Batter's bat slams into the ground, causing a small crater to be made. 'Damnit...she got away' The Batter then lifts his bat out of the crater he made from it. The Batter then sighs. 'At least it's over....' The Batter then looks to see what else happened. He stops for a moment..... He saw them. Reiner and Kiyohime....both standing and talking to each other. 'How.....I thought.....how are they alive?' The Batter was now even more confused. Was it a trick? He didn't think so. The Batter then begins to walks toward them quietly.... He had his cap tilted overs his eyes as he walked. After a few moments, he stops right in front of them .. He stands there quietly, not wanting to interrupted their conversation. After time, he finally spoke to them.

View attachment 144735

"Are you two....alright?" The Batter didn't really know what to say....after all, they died right in front of him...

@York @Gummi Bunnies
KI5BYuH.png

"All's well that ends well... uh... for the most part, anyways," Nono comments. Everyone was back together, for the most part, anyways. A fair bit of discord was evidence of the aftermath of the event. Quarrels, feuds and fights alike.

She could've been in one of these fights. Fortunately, she wasn't. It was a miracle that she survived mostly unscathed with full health, and an even greater miracle that she had not crossed anyone during this event, considering how many were fighting for themselves. Even Phil was, to some extent.

She had almost said something to Kyoko before being interrupted by a collapsing ceiling.

Almost.

She didn't, but if she did, it might've strained her relationship with Kyoko. That was one thing.

Noticing that others were busy, she decided to leave them be, knowing very well that if she had interacted with Noembelu right now, she would be caught in some crazy crossfire.

"Hey," Nono approached Kiyohime, Reiner and the Batter. Noticing the new emblem on Reiner, she commented, "that's new... probably."

@York @Gummi Bunnies @The Batter
Her full attention to his story, Kiyohime understood his apparent distress at the matter. She didn't feel guilt as she burnt alive people who lied to her, but she could see that his past actions involved the deaths of those that possibly never lied in their lives. And yet, none of this made her needing to hold something against him. There was no need to.

tumblr_ol56l5tONi1v3qowuo1_100.png

❝ It's okay. That was all in the past, right? You didn't show any of that during our time here... and you came to me first to share. I won't look at you differently because of this past you have, because all I care about... is that what you say is true. ❞

Unlike beforehand, Kiyo sounded like she had a bit of a tilted moral compass, but she always preferred to hear the truth above anything else. Going under the thoughts that Reiner's story is indeed true, she could assist with leading him away from that terrible past. She wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

By then, others approached them. She recognized them. The Batter and Nono. She supposed that they had stuff to say and ask too, and given that Reiner went over what was on his mind, she saw no reason to respond to what they spoke about as well.

❝ Ah, we're both okay. I wasn't aware that we would be seeing each other again after... well, what happened earlier. I thought I would be sent back to the Throne of Heroes as a spirit, but... ❞

Trailing off on that thought, the Berserker reminded herself about the Command Spells that Reiner had. Maybe this was a good time to do a rundown on that. Not giving a warning to him, Kiyohime took a hold of his right hand to get a better look at the Command Spells.

tumblr_oii5r6sGKQ1v3qowuo2_100.png

❝ ... Reiner helped me retain my physical form. I'm not sure how, but he has those Command Spells to make that contract with me. So by that information, he is now my Master~ ❞

For a moment, her grip on his hand got a little tighter... turning to face him solely to ask one particular question. She didn't mind that she was going to ask this while there happened to be a few others with them now.

tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo6_100.png

❝ You did mean to become my Master, right? You brought it up when we met at that supposed dinner, so I can only assume... and I want to be sure. ❞

After all of this time being here, some could start wondering if this was Kiyo's natural behavior.

@York @Crow @The Batter
Reiner Braun
@Gummi Bunnies @Crow @The Batter

Though Reiner didn't seem to show it at first... Kiyohime's words really did make him feel alot better. Granted, he doubted he would ever forgive himself for his past actions, she wasn't wrong when she mentioned that he hadn't done anything like that during his time here. Not just that, but... For the first time in his life, he didn't have to lie... Not to himself, nor to others...

izOexzi.png

"... Th-... Thank you..." He said, seeming to be blinking rather rapidly suddenly.

It was still a little difficult to accept that he no longer had the responsibilities of a warrior weighing on his shoulders anymore, as long as he was here anyways. Nonetheless, it really did feel almost liberating, to be able to make his own decisions, rather than being forced along an undesireable path...

As the markings on his face, from his titan form began to heal over and fade away, he noticed that others approached. Particularly the Batter, and another, younger looking girl who had danced with Kiyo. Nono... Or so he remembered anyways. The Batter asking them if he was alright made him stop and think for a moment, before he answered.

"Yeah... I-... We're... Fine now." He said, even offering a faint, but... Genuine smile.

When Nono brought attention to the marking on his hand, Reiner looked a little surprised, suddenly recalling that this had happened right before he had transformed when he was... Dead... (Even thinking about it in context, that really does sound weird).

acBb2sw.png

"Ah... Right! What... Are those?" He asked, seeming to have been a little caught offguard when Kiyo grabbed his hand.

It seemed like he picked up rather quickly on the fact that Kiyo knew at least a thing or two about what those markings were.

Listening closely to what she said, he realized that these markings seemed to stand for something called "command spells"... Which meant that he had a contract with her, or in other words... He was her "master"...

He did recall their conversation at that dinner, and how she was originally going to disappear without one. Perhaps, with that knowledge, he had reacted impulsively, and offered to be her master as a result, but... Kiyo seemed awfully insistent on making sure what he said was sincere, and in the end... He couldn't help but smile as he answered.

TWAZ1ir.png

"Yes... Of course!" He said, realizing that with Kiyo to help guide him away from all that he had done in the past... He might have a chance of redeeming himself after all.

Making a fist with his free hand, he put it behind his back, and almost instinctively, was about to put his right hand to his heart, though he stopped... Realizing that Kiyo was still holding onto it, rather tightly in fact.

"For as long as you desire... I swear to be your master!" He proclaimed.

It almost felt like he was a soldier again, enlisting in the military for the first time... Only now... He no longer had any duties as a warrior, nor a soldier binding him. Every decision he made from here on, would be his own...

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Continued from here.

Epilogue Part Two
"Just a Memory Now"

There was a cry from somewhere distant. It seemed to come from somewhere ephemeral. Air shifted as a boy phased into existence and dropped to the ground with a yelp.

CrgTIBs.png

"What... even...?"

Having appeared next to Tommy, Pietro held his hand out to the boy to help him up.

159M7QN.png

"Whatever insidious thing took over my sister thought it best to isolate us specifically for our connections to Wanda and Billy."

"Is that so..." After standing with Pietro's help, Tommy groaned. "I feel like I was hit by a bus."

Meanwhile, Jude approached Kyoko and Makoto, holding up his hands. "Believe me, I have about as much idea what happened as you, Kyoko. Makoto and I, we got a letter from Wanda, just like you guys did. You can imagine what we ran into."

Makoto looked to Billy, who seemed to have fallen sleepily into Teddy's arms. "Mother was behind this, working from the dark place. That girl, Eveline, worked as her agent from this side, but I don't know exactly how. The Diver didn't say much. He just... Whatever happened here, he had to sacrifice himself for it to occur. I think Mother won't be a concern for a long time."

Jude nodded, but after a moment, he looked concerned. "That's all well and good, but what about Lucas and his game? As far as I can tell, he wasn't directly involved with whatever Eveline was doing."

Nearby, Owen tapped at his codex. "Seems to have turned off..."

"Before we continue... it's time to end this night's drama." Rising to her feet, Wanda glowed brightly. She wiped tears from her face and stared down Six and Black Adam. "We are finally free of what burdens us, and I shall not allow this to continue any further. Through my actions, controlled or not, I have caused the deaths of far too many. Here and now, I shall prevent all further bloodshed until we are free for good."

Wanda's magic flowed throughout the room, cutting everyone off from their powers once again. In this case, she gave a condition: their powers would return once they had left this twisted place for good. Considering the fighting, many in the room had no problems with this.

"That's right," announced a voice over Lucas' intercom. "Enough of this nonsense. You've left one matter hanging, so proceed through the elevator to complete this night's events."

It was not Lucas' voice, and whoever they were, what they said was intriguing. Makoto exchanged a glance with Kyoto. It couldn't be...?

"We're paying my dear brother a visit," said Zoe, who activated the elevator in the barn.

"That's right." Makoto nodded and moved to join her. "Once we've seen to him, we can look into getting a way out of here."

kiri032.png

"Indeed. I think I've seen enough of this place to last several lifetimes," Kyoko simply said, attempting to take the codex off as she spoke, following the group into the elevator once it appeared before them all. She found that, unfortunately, the codexes had not yet detached yet.

With the prospect of bringing Lucas to justice on the table, Wanda made sure that everyone was made to follow into the elevator. It wasn't exactly safe to leave anyone behind. Teddy carried Billy, who had passed out in exhaustion.

Makoto explained as best he could to the others what he had been able to ascertain. At the very least, it was clear an entity from a dark realm called Mother had been the cause for what occurred. When Makoto explained that Eveline had been working for Mother, Zoe spoke up, telling the group that Eveline was some kind of parasitic human. As far as she understood, Evie had been a weapon that infected the minds of others with some kind of mold, allowing her to take them over. It was this fate that fell upon Zoe's family and Wanda.

"There was a storm," Zoe was explaining. There was little else to do in the elevator. "A ship washed up in the nearby swamp, and my father rescued a woman and a little girl. That girl was Eveline. Everything changed that day, but somehow I..." Zoe sniffed. "Before she disappeared, that woman told me what she knew. That she had been guardin' Evie, a bio-weapon, when everything went wrong. She told me what Evie could do and how to make the serum that'd cure the infected."

"That's what you were having me find," Bullet said.

"Yes... but that woman disappeared, and Wanda soon arrived. It was too hard then for me to leave my trailer. There was nothing I could do."

kiri026.png

"So then... Wanda was affected by the bio-weapon, Evie? If she was driven mad by whatever was afflicted upon her, I suppose that connects a few dots."

Wanda looked down at her feet, unable to speak.

The elevator came to a stop. With a heavy sigh, Zoe led the group into the next room, where a hidden door continued on to a narrow hallway. "His damn control center is just this way."

When the group arrived at a room filled to the brim with monitors and electronic equipment, they didn't find Lucas. Instead, when the male sitting in the swivel chair spun around, only a few in the group recognized him.

"Brennan?" Owen gasped, looking confused at his own memory recall again.

"Brennan" sighed.

fbiZIdu.png

"No, my name is not Brennan. It is Byakuya Togami. Don't forget it this time, Damien."

"My name isn't--"

"Byakuya!" Makoto stepped forward, confused. "How are you here? Where's Lucas?"

"I think you can afford to wager a few guesses, Makoto," Kyoko said, crossing her arms as she glared at Byakuya, masking her surprise surprisingly well with her gaze, "I know I can. I'm not in the mood for coy games right now, Byakuya, so I'd appreciate it if you speak very directly from here on out, lest you want to test my patience," she spoke boldly, as though passively flaunting the authority she held over him. The authority as the leader of the Coalition.

Byakuya did not look particularly pleased with what Kyoko had to say, but he did not speak out against her. Instead, he went to answer the most simple question first.

"Lucas is gone. He ran the moment Eveline appeared in the barn. I am here because I knew you would come to this point eventually. I watched Lucas on the monitors until he was out of sight, but I knew there was no point in going after him."

"Well, why not?!" Teddy exclaimed.

"Because he was always going to get away. At least, if things went the way they were supposed to. And, of course, they did."

There was silence for a moment, but eventually, Bullet broke it. "... Who is this guy and why should I trust him? As far as I can tell, the motherfucker is in the right spot to have been helping Lucas all along."

Makoto stepped between Byakuya and the group, holding his hands up to everyone. "Listen, Byakuya is a respected member of a private organization dedicated to protecting all our worlds! I trust him with my life... and so should all of you!"

hWMU2tw.png

Byakuya didn't seem touched by Makoto's sentiment. "... I would like some protection while I explain the situation. The last thing we need is an angry mob forcing a situation to remain unresolved."

"Very well," said Captain America. Byakuya nodded to him.

"Makoto is right to put his trust in me, for if it was not for what I have done, we would all already be dead. The dark place would be open, and all the entities that lurk within would have been free to cause chaos across all of reality."

"... The hell do you mean?" Bullet asked. She gestured in frustration with her hands. "I don't understand any of this shit at all. Who the fuck is Mother? Why should I care?"

"Of course you don't understand," Byakuya said, "it is probably beyond your understanding." Bullet looked angry at that, but Byakuya talked over her, saying something that quickly shut her up. "You died once, within the dark place. So did Damien, or whatever his real name is, and so did Klim. Twice." The trio exchanged strange looks. "The dark place is a realm where certain entities lurk. They are trapped by a seal, and so try to lure victims inside their realm to use as hosts. You three are just a few of these victims."

"But what does this have to do with your involvement?" Makoto asked.

"And here I thought you were a patient one, Naegi. I'll do as Kirigiri asked and cut to the chase. You'll soon see how it all connects." He gestured to Lucas' equipment. "I had no hand in Lucas' game. However, I am indeed at fault, for it was I who sent out your invitations."

"... W-What...?"

"You son of a bitch--!"

Wanda threatened both Byakuya and the group with her magic. "Let him finish."

As yelling began to rang out, Steve hesitated. He wanted to be angry as well, but he had promised to let the boy explain. He stood as a black against any threats. "We need to listen to the end!"

8ebknDK.png

"That you do." Byakuya looked momentarily at odds with himself, but he eventually managed to continue. "Wanda, of course, was already infected by the bio-weapon. She was forced to write the letters in order to grow the 'family,' but Wanda resisted in sending them. I completed the task to facilitate the events of this night, thus leading Billy Kaplan in achieving a sort of destiny that had been laid out before him."

"Destiny? What are you...?" Kyoko inquired in confusion, wondering what Billy had to do with this plan. Even being as direct as he could, Byakuya continued to mystify even the Ultimate Detective, up until he further elaborated.

Teddy, holding Billy just a bit closer, let out a deep breath. "Is that what was going on with the orb?"

"A future instance of Billy Kaplan, known as the Demiurge, planted a seed in a man. This man became the Diver, who fought against the darkness until this day, where the present instance of Billy Kaplan germinated the seed, creating the seal on the dark place. The seal that has always existed, since, presumably, the beginning of our reality and the dark place."

"You're saying..." Teddy tried to think of the rights words for this. "... You're saying that, if the events of this night did not occur, that seal would cease to exist, because it was created on this specific night?"

Makoto swallowed roughly. "And... how did you know about this, Byakuya?"

"I found a report within our records of this very incident. All the details were there. At some point, we will write a new report and through some means, send it to the past."

"The Bootstrap Paradox..." Sigma said aloud.

kirigiri_11.png

"..."

Kyoko could only try to deeply ponder the implications of Byakuya's words, taking into account that it must have been the truth considering all the effort he must have gone through to orchestrate this chain of events. There came a point where she couldn't even bring herself to be that angry with him; if it was all destined to happen, then for all intents and purposes, he didn't do anything "wrong."

Still, the implications of the binds of fate were uncomfortable ones. Implications that not even Kyoko would have liked to entertain. That was a debate for another time.

Byakuya shook his head. "It could have been a trap, or a joke, or an error, but I, Byakuya Togami, was not about to leave a possible threat such as this."

"But... you could have told someone! One of us!" Makoto exclaimed.

"Hmph." Byakuya scoffed. "Not with our leader involved. Someone not mentioned in the report had to make it happen. That someone was me."

kirigiri_3.png

"So that's what happens when I put you in charge. Whether it's a business or an organization, you run these things like it's a game, don't you?" She spoke in a neutral, yet lightly perplexed tone, as though even she was unable to tell if she was irritated or impressed with Byakuya's foresight. Regardless, she let out a sigh, brushing aside some stray hair.

"I guess the three of us seem to have different approaches when we're in the position of leadership."

"Perhaps that is so. But we all do what we must, in the end. The Togami bloodline does not shy from necessary action. On this night, a group had to arrive. Their combined despair brought Mother to power, spurring Billy Kaplan toward his fate. Those who were killed had their souls drawn between Wanda's illusionary world and the dark place, but Billy anchored them back to the living. From this point on, no one knows what the future holds."

Byakuya looked to Black Adam. "The private organization Makoto speaks... We do not abide by mass murderers. However, in this particular case, you and any others who may have committed a crime upon being manipulated by Mother and trapped in Lucas' game are exempt from such concerns. You were under duress, obviously. However, someone must be brought to justice for this night, whatever that justice may be."

Byakuya held out his arms. "I, Byakuya Togami, submit myself to the Coalition for arrest. Kyoko, Makoto, you will find the tools necessary in removing the codexes within Lucas' belongings, as well as a multiverse communications device. It would seem that Lucas Baker had been in contact with a powerful organization, one that we likely consider an enemy. With it, you can contact headquarters and update them on your condition. As for the survivors..." Byakuya nodded to Wanda. "The invitations were cleverly designed. They only allowed for those who agreed to come to travel via its magic. All it would take to send everyone home is for Wanda to make it happen.

There was a somber mood in the air for a moment.

Wanda nodded. "Very well. Now that I know, it should be easy to figure out. Everyone, come to me when you wish to go home."

Bullet, Owen, Sigma, and so many others were simply exhausted. It was time to finally rest.

Cast List
@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Klein Ullyr Green [OC]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]​

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Epilogue Part Two
"Just a Memory Now"

There was a cry from somewhere distant. It seemed to come from somewhere ephemeral. Air shifted as a boy phased into existence and dropped to the ground with a yelp.

CrgTIBs.png

"What... even...?"

Having appeared next to Tommy, Pietro held his hand out to the boy to help him up.

159M7QN.png

"Whatever insidious thing took over my sister thought it best to isolate us specifically for our connections to Wanda and Billy."

"Is that so..." After standing with Pietro's help, Tommy groaned. "I feel like I was hit by a bus."

Meanwhile, Jude approached Kyoko and Makoto, holding up his hands. "Believe me, I have about as much idea what happened as you, Kyoko. Makoto and I, we got a letter from Wanda, just like you guys did. You can imagine what we ran into."

Makoto looked to Billy, who seemed to have fallen sleepily into Teddy's arms. "Mother was behind this, working from the dark place. That girl, Eveline, worked as her agent from this side, but I don't know exactly how. The Diver didn't say much. He just... Whatever happened here, he had to sacrifice himself for it to occur. I think Mother won't be a concern for a long time."

Jude nodded, but after a moment, he looked concerned. "That's all well and good, but what about Lucas and his game? As far as I can tell, he wasn't directly involved with whatever Eveline was doing."

"Before we continue... it's time to end this night's drama." Rising to her feet, Wanda glowed brightly. She wiped tears from her face and stared down Six and Black Adam. "We are finally free of what burdens us, and I shall not allow this to continue any further. Through my actions, controlled or not, I have caused the deaths of far too many. Here and now, I shall prevent all further bloodshed until we are free for good."

Wanda's magic flowed throughout the room, cutting everyone off from their powers once again. In this case, she gave a condition: their powers would return once they had left this twisted place for good. Considering the fighting, many in the room had no problems with this.

"That's right," announced a voice over Lucas' intercom. "Enough of this nonsense. You've left one matter hanging, so proceed through the elevator to complete this night's events."

It was not Lucas' voice, and whoever they were, what they said was intriguing. Makoto exchanged a glance with Kyoto. It couldn't be...?

"We're paying my dear brother a visit," said Zoe, who activated the elevator in the barn.

"That's right." Makoto nodded and moved to join her. "Once we've seen to him, we can look into getting a way out of here."

kiri032.png

"Indeed. I think I've seen enough of this place to last several lifetimes," Kyoko simply said, attempting to take the codex off as she spoke, following the group into the elevator once it appeared before them all. She found that, unfortunately, the codexes had not yet detached yet.

With the prospect of bringing Lucas to justice on the table, Wanda made sure that everyone was made to follow into the elevator. It wasn't exactly safe to leave anyone behind. Teddy carried Billy, who had passed out in exhaustion.

Makoto explained as best he could to the others what he had been able to ascertain. At the very least, it was clear an entity from a dark realm called Mother had been the cause for what occurred. When Makoto explained that Eveline had been working for Mother, Zoe spoke up, telling the group that Eveline was some kind of parasitic human. As far as she understood, Evie had been a weapon that infected the minds of others with some kind of mold, allowing her to take them over. It was this fate that fell upon Zoe's family and Wanda.

"There was a storm," Zoe was explaining. There was little else to do in the elevator. "A ship washed up in the nearby swamp, and my father rescued a woman and a little girl. That girl was Eveline. Everything changed that day, but somehow I..." Zoe sniffed. "Before she disappeared, that woman told me what she knew. That she had been guardin' Evie, a bio-weapon, when everything went wrong. She told me what Evie could do and how to make the serum that'd cure the infected."

"Yes... but that woman disappeared, and Wanda soon arrived. It was too hard then for me to leave my trailer. There was nothing I could do."

kiri026.png

"So then... Wanda was affected by the bio-weapon, Evie? If she was driven mad by whatever was afflicted upon her, I suppose that connects a few dots."

The elevator came to a stop. With a heavy sigh, Zoe led the group into the next room, where a hidden door continued on to a narrow hallway. "His damn control center is just this way."

When the group arrived at a room filled to the brim with monitors and electronic equipment, they didn't find Lucas. Instead, when the male sitting in the swivel chair spun around, only a few in the group recognized him.

"Brennan" sighed.

fbiZIdu.png

"No, my name is not Brennan. It is Byakuya Togami. Don't forget it this time, Damien."

"My name isn't--"

"I think you can afford to wager a few guesses, Makoto," Kyoko said, crossing her arms as she glared at Byakuya, masking her surprise surprisingly well with her gaze, "I know I can. I'm not in the mood for coy games right now, Byakuya, so I'd appreciate it if you speak very directly from here on out, lest you want to test my patience," she spoke boldly, as though passively flaunting the authority she held over him. The authority as the leader of the Coalition.

Byakuya did not look particularly pleased with what Kyoko had to say, but he did not speak out against her. Instead, he went to answer the most simple question first.

"Lucas is gone. He ran the moment Eveline appeared in the barn. I am here because I knew you would come to this point eventually. I watched Lucas on the monitors until he was out of sight, but I knew there was no point in going after him."

"Because he was always going to get away. At least, if things went the way they were supposed to. And, of course, they did."

There was silence for a moment, but eventually, Bullet broke it. "... Who is this guy and why should I trust him? As far as I can tell, the motherfucker is in the right spot to have been helping Lucas all along."

Makoto stepped between Byakuya and the group, holding his hands up to everyone. "Listen, Byakuya is a respected member of a private organization dedicated to protecting all our worlds! I trust him with my life... and so should all of you!"

hWMU2tw.png

Byakuya didn't seem touched by Makoto's sentiment. "... I would like some protection while I explain the situation. The last thing we need is an angry mob forcing a situation to remain unresolved."

"Makoto is right to put his trust in me, for if it was not for what I have done, we would all already be dead. The dark place would be open, and all the entities that lurk within would have been free to cause chaos across all of reality."

"... The hell do you mean?" Bullet asked. She gestured in frustration with her hands. "I don't understand any of this shit at all. Who the fuck is Mother? Why should I care?"

"Of course you don't understand," Byakuya said, "it is probably beyond your understanding." Bullet looked angry at that, but Byakuya talked over her, saying something that quickly shut her up. "You died once, within the dark place. So did Damien, or whatever his real name is, and so did Klim. Twice." The trio exchanged strange looks. "The dark place is a realm where certain entities lurk. They are trapped by a seal, and so try to lure victims inside their realm to use as hosts. You three are just a few of these victims."

"And here I thought you were a patient one, Naegi. I'll do as Kirigiri asked and cut to the chase. You'll soon see how it all connects." He gestured to Lucas' equipment. "I had no hand in Lucas' game. However, I am indeed at fault, for it was I who sent out your invitations."

"... W-What...?"

"You son of a bitch--!"

As yelling began to rang out, Steve hesitated. He wanted to be angry as well, but he had promised to let the boy explain. He stood as a black against any threats. "We need to listen to the end!"

8ebknDK.png

"That you do." Byakuya looked momentarily at odds with himself, but he eventually managed to continue. "Wanda, of course, was already infected by the bio-weapon. She was forced to write the letters in order to grow the 'family,' but Wanda resisted in sending them. I completed the task to facilitate the events of this night, thus leading Billy Kaplan in achieving a sort of destiny that had been laid out before him."

"Destiny? What are you...?" Kyoko inquired in confusion, wondering what Billy had to do with this plan. Even being as direct as he could, Byakuya continued to mystify even the Ultimate Detective, up until he further elaborated.

Teddy, holding Billy just a bit closer, let out a deep breath. "Is that what was going on with the orb?"

"A future instance of Billy Kaplan, known as the Demiurge, planted a seed in a man. This man became the Diver, who fought against the darkness until this day, where the present instance of Billy Kaplan germinated the seed, creating the seal on the dark place. The seal that has always existed, since, presumably, the beginning of our reality and the dark place."

"You're saying..." Teddy tried to think of the rights words for this. "... You're saying that, if the events of this night did not occur, that seal would cease to exist, because it was created on this specific night?"

"I found a report within our records of this very incident. All the details were there. At some point, we will write a new report and through some means, send it to the past."

kirigiri_11.png

"..."

Kyoko could only try to deeply ponder the implications of Byakuya's words, taking into account that it must have been the truth considering all the effort he must have gone through to orchestrate this chain of events. There came a point where she couldn't even bring herself to be that angry with him; if it was all destined to happen, then for all intents and purposes, he didn't do anything "wrong."

Still, the implications of the binds of fate were uncomfortable ones. Implications that not even Kyoko would have liked to entertain. That was a debate for another time.

Byakuya shook his head. "It could have been a trap, or a joke, or an error, but I, Byakuya Togami, was not about to leave a possible threat such as this."

"Hmph." Byakuya scoffed. "Not with our leader involved. Someone not mentioned in the report had to make it happen. That someone was me."

kirigiri_3.png

"So that's what happens when I put you in charge. Whether it's a business or an organization, you run these things like it's a game, don't you?" She spoke in a neutral, yet lightly perplexed tone, as though even she was unable to tell if she was irritated or impressed with Byakuya's foresight. Regardless, she let out a sigh, brushing aside some stray hair.

"I guess the three of us seem to have different approaches when we're in the position of leadership."

"Perhaps that is so. But we all do what we must, in the end. The Togami bloodline does not shy from necessary action. On this night, a group had to arrive. Their combined despair brought Mother to power, spurring Billy Kaplan toward his fate. Those who were killed had their souls drawn between Wanda's illusionary world and the dark place, but Billy anchored them back to the living. From this point on, no one knows what the future holds."

Byakuya looked to Black Adam. "The private organization Makoto speaks... We do not abide by mass murderers. However, in this particular case, you and any others who may have committed a crime upon being manipulated by Mother and trapped in Lucas' game are exempt from such concerns. You were under duress, obviously. However, someone must be brought to justice for this night, whatever that justice may be."

Byakuya held out his arms. "I, Byakuya Togami, submit myself to the Coalition for arrest. Kyoko, Makoto, you will find the tools necessary in removing the codexes within Lucas' belongings, as well as a multiverse communications device. It would seem that Lucas Baker had been in contact with a powerful organization, one that we likely consider an enemy. With it, you can contact headquarters and update them on your condition. As for the survivors..." Byakuya nodded to Wanda. "The invitations were cleverly designed. They only allowed for those who agreed to come to travel via its magic. All it would take to send everyone home is for Wanda to make it happen.

Wanda nodded. "Very well. Now that I know, it should be easy to figure out. Everyone, come to me when you wish to go home."

Bullet, Owen, Sigma, and so many others were simply exhausted. It was time to finally rest.

Cast List
Toffee Epilogue: Did Anyone Catch His Name?

Toffee wished that he could say he cared for what was going on. After all that had happened, one must have after all the events that had transpired, right?

Well, Toffee did feel annoyed towards Byakuya, the man who had allegedly sent the invitations in the first place. So, Toffee approached him, but unlike with Phil, he didn't attack him. Instead, the lizard looked down at Byakuya with his cold, dead eyes.

oO7O5nu.jpg

"Next time, I suggest that you don't involve me in any of this. I do not like having my time wasted." Toffee said sternly to Byakuya. It wasn't an empty threat, either. This was all a gigantic waste of the Septarian's time. That's all it was to him. He didn't care for the organization, or the protection of everyone's world as a whole. He had one goal in mind, and one alone:

His revenge on the Butterfly family.

And that's what he would do, as before anyone could respond to him, he would approach Wanda and simply nod, signaling for her to return him to Mewni.

Once Toffee finally returned home, he just so happened to be transported right in front of a tall castle, dark castle. One that rivaled even the size of the Butterfly's own. This, of course, was none other than Ludo's castle. And there just so happened to be a sign right by the door that read:

"AUDITIONS FOR NEW EVIL HENCHMAN TODAY!"

This was the perfect opportunity to enact his plan. After well over a decade of planning, he could finally enact his plan here, tonight. When the
lizard entered the main hall, greeted by a small bird creature rubbing his temples.

FYG3A.png

"These idiots are even dumber than you idiots!" The creature exclaimed as he continued to rub his temples, not even noticing that Toffee had slipped into the room. That is, until he had passed Ludo a small glass with an eyeball floating inside of it.

"West Mewnian Swamp Water." He said calmly before holding up a bottle of the same liquid. "Or.... do you drink from the bottle?" Toffee asked, holding up the bottle until Ludo had slid the glass over to himself.

"On days like this..." Ludo said as he held the glass in both hands, staring down into it like it was a lake or the ocean itself.

"Tell me about it." Toffee said, remaining flat as ever as he attempted to relate to the bird.

"Oh, I'll tell you about it alright.." Ludo said as he buried his beak in the glass, shaking his head and saying... something, although it was inaudible due to his beak being near the bottom of the glass as he spoke. Eventually, Ludo rose his beak out of the glass and looked back up at Toffee. "I've been trying to steal a wand from a teenage girl. It's been much harder than it should be..." He said before taking another big gulp out of the glass. His drink was interrupted when he realized what was going on. "WAIT A MINUTE!!!" He screamed, smacking the glass out of the way before pulling a lever next to his chair, causing it to rise up so he could meet eye level with Toffee.

"How did you get in here?"

"I let myself in."

"When?"

"When you hired me."

"I hired you?"

"I accept."

"Excellent!"

Toffee then shook Ludo's hand and smiled down at the creature. "We'll start tomorrow. Get some rest now." He said, slipping a card out of his sleeve and into Ludo's hand once he departed.

Once Toffee was completely gone, Ludo looked around with a confused look on his face.
"Uhh... did anyone catch his name?" He asked before peering down at the card Toffee handed him.

tumblr_inline_ntilqprxZX1sxiovi_540.png

"Toffee." Ludo said before his face brightened with the widest smile that his small beak could muster.

"I guess his name is Toffee!"

~FIN~

And so there were none.

Znock5z.jpg

"Just like a marriage, not the healthiest, but may you be happy as Master and... uh... Kiyohime. I guess you'll both be returning to Reiner's World?" Nono asks Reiner and Kiyohime. Nono was a bit astonished by Kiyohime's expressions. They reminded her of her friend Mayu, and her relationship with her Producer. Maybe less one-sided, but that's besides the point.

"Thank you for the dance, Kiyohime. Until next time."

She walks towards Kyoko.

"Guess you'll be back to being busy, huh, Kyoko," Nono asks. "Morikubo is sorry if she didn't help too much, but... may we meet again in better circumstances. I'll just be here until my codex is removed. Be happy with Makoto and-"

Byakuya had offered himself to arrest.

"-will he be alright?" Nono asks as she points to Byakuya.

She approaches what was once Black Adam's little feud. "Phil, you're far from the best person, but Morikubo understands that you did what you could. Noembelu, tell Honda Morikubo said hi, and... well... I lived through this because I thought of you. I'm not too familiar with the rest of you but... take care."

Nono approached the Scarlet Witch. "Wanda, Morikubo has a request for you... after these codexes are removed and before heading home, of course. If it isn't too much. Morikubo would like to visit Shimada-san's grave... for the first time."

@York @The Batter @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M

Bullet, Owen, Sigma, and so many others were simply exhausted. It was time to finally rest.​
She walks towards Kyoko.

"Guess you'll be back to being busy, huh, Kyoko," Nono asks. "Morikubo is sorry if she didn't help too much, but... may we meet again in better circumstances. I'll just be here until my codex is removed. Be happy with Makoto and-"

Byakuya had offered himself to arrest.

"-will he be alright?" Nono asks as she points to Byakuya.

Nono approached the Scarlet Witch. "Wanda, Morikubo has a request for you... after these codexes are removed and before heading home, of course. If it isn't too much. Morikubo would like to visit Shimada-san's grave... for the first time."
kiri013.png

"... Right."

Picking up the communications device, Kyoko examined it briefly, before tentatively pocketing it. There were other things to address right now. As for Byakuya... Well, she didn't know what to make of it. The Ultimate Affluent Progeny had always held a Machiavellian sort of view of the world, and more than the Ultimate Detective and the Ultimate Lucky Student cared to admit, it was that sort of attitude, as well as his resources in no small part, that Byakuya had managed to help them all come as far as they had come. A self-fulfilling prophecy that put others at duress to protect many more. But such a plan was hatched without consulting anyone else... A hand would have to be forced here, certainly.

Kyoko remained reticent for a brief moment, gathering the many thoughts scrambling through her head, before Morikubo appeared, saying her piece, causing the lavender haired maiden to respond. She blinked in a flash of discomfort when the young idol urged her to "be happy with Makoto," as though making implications that Kyoko wasn't in the mood to entertain at the moment, before moving on to inquire about Byakuya.

kiri014.png

"He'll be alright. Relatively, at least," Kyoko nodded, looking down toward Nono, "He may believe that he acted out of the interest of the greater good, but I'll still make sure he'll get what's coming to him. I'm sorry you had to go through all this."

She let out a sigh, adopting another pensive look, before speaking again after Nono made a request of Wanda.

kiri007.png

Regardless of how Wanda would decide to answer Nono's request, the detective cleared her throat. "After all this, Wanda... We have a lot to talk about. Along with Byakuya, Makoto, and Jude. I'll just hope you haven't been keeping anything from your new leader. Oh, and in case you've forgotten, I want to make one thing clear the next time you want to make dinner for me."

"I hate cilantro mushroom soup."

Well, there went why she requested that way back in the beginning of all this.

"In any case... I'll have to go soon, with Wanda and the others, Morikubo-san, and you should probably head home as well when you can. Be safe now, okay?"

@Crow @Atomyk @Josh M

Continued from here.

Epilogue Part Two
"Just a Memory Now"

CrgTIBs.png

"What... even...?"

159M7QN.png

kiri032.png

kiri026.png

"Brennan" sighed.

fbiZIdu.png

"My name isn't--"

hWMU2tw.png

"... W-What...?"

"You son of a bitch--!"

8ebknDK.png

kirigiri_11.png

"..."

kirigiri_3.png

Cast List

Black Adam Epilogue: The Hero's Return
Adam looked long and hard as he listened in on the exchange, his ears perked as he picked up everything that the people had to say. At Byakuya's statement, he merely scoffed. "I do not regret my choices. I will take full responsibility for all who have stained my hands with their blood. I am no coward, I know what I did. There was nothing manipulating me other than myself." He stated, strength and killer intent lining his voice as he said so. "I did what I must to survive. Everything I do, I do for Kahndaq and her people. As for the invitations, the next time you do something like that to me, I will kill you. Not even the walls separating our dimensions will contain my wrath."

Capt555555555ure.PNG
The entire ordeal had given Black Adam new insight to what laid beyond his own world. People he had never met before and creatures he never knew existed. Still, one thing remained constant: The battle between good and evil. He saw them all and they all fell into the same categories as the people in his world. Heroes, villains, the weak, the strong, the brave, the cowards, everyone was different yet so very much similar from the people back in his home world. The goals were the same, the methods as well (Though there were some slight differences but that was negligible).

The people here.....Well, they will assuredly see him as a killer and a psychopath but it did not matter to him. His people saw him as their guardian, their hero. And it was his people that he thought about. through the entire ordeal He did not give his peers a single glance as he went his own way, ready to leave and to return to the one place that had never left his mind. Kahndaq. Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.