Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase smirked at Maty as she left, giving her a sly thumbs up as well. Noticing that the two felines were alone now, Chase got off of the floor, and climbed on top of Skylar. He sat on his chest, and leaned forward so that his hands would hold down Sky's. His face began to slowly lean in before Chase's eyes darkened as he lowered his voice: "Come give momma Chasey a kiss."

Once he was finished speaking, he would try to playfully attack Sky with his lips while keeping back his wild giggles. His goal of course was to mess with him for being awake before he had to go to work.

(I wasn't sure if I should write Chase going to work or not, but... I decided to end it there for a reaction)​

@Summer Nights

Runi Mansion 6 am

The ocelot was waving good bye to Matylda when Chase suddenly jumped back onto his chest. Sky's eyes went wide for a brief moment and his ears flickered in panic. He put his hands on the other cat's chest and pushed him a bit so he wasn't quite so close. "Isn't your boy toy here?" he asked his voice a bit higher pitched. He cleared it and continued in a forced normal tone, "And wouldn't you be a daddy? No wait!" At the realization that it could be construed into another innuendo he'd begun to panic again.

That's when the phone rang. "Phone!" he said in no amount of relief and shot up from the couch, dumping Chase on the end of it. He pulled the old phone off its cradle and said into it. "Oh thank you whoever you are," Sky said in relief.

@Rauzi

Bar 6 am

The Leopon sighed at the information given to him. "Just give me something without alcohol then, and give the next customer a drink on me if I need to buy something else," he commented in his rough voice. He then pulled out a watch and looked down at it as Bernard picked up the phone to call the Runi mansion. His whiskers twitched a bit when he heard Sky's voice even where he was sitting. His eyes glanced up and there was some amusement in them.

Jordan Luttrel Somewhere in the City-6 AM

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

Jordan tossed her large knapsack over her shoulder as she stood up to exit the bus. She had been gone for almost a month to attend a special lifeguard training. "Why'd this one have to be so far out of town?" she whined to herself as she stretched out her body from the long ride, allowing the other passengers to exit in front of her. Adjusting the strap on her shoulders, Jordan stepped off the vehicle, calling out a "Thanks!" with a wave to the Sheep bus driver who had entertained the otter with comical stories about her daughter's newly born twin lambs, when her and her husband had only been expecting one. "If only she had married a man with as much sense as you," she had told Jordan. Now the ewe waved back with a bright smile, "Have a great day, dear boy!" before driving away.

Jordan let out a heavy sigh. She didn't bother correcting her during the whole trip. It wouldn't have mattered. People like that just don't get it, she thought with a shake of her head. As always, Jordan's attention was shifted as she took in finally familiar settings, and she couldn't help but smile and hum as she made her way down the street to catch the bus that would lead her to Runi Mansion, her dear home. "Just wait till they find out that I managed to come home a day early!" Jordan exclaimed, a new spring in her step. She sent Hakana a text that she had returned, but wasn't expecting a reply anytime soon. If she wasn't in school then the Penguin was definitely asleep and wouldn't appreciate the interruption. Speaking of school, Jordan's head swam just thinking of how much makeup work she'd have when she returned in a couple of days. At least I talked with the professors before I left and that they were all cool with it. But that's gonna be a lot of work...

Jordan's thoughts were interrupted as she noticed she was about to reach a familiar shop. "Hey! this is the one that Matylda works at!" Jordan didn't think that the Maned Wolf had come in, but just then her stomach decided to start grumbling. It wouldn't hurt to get a little breakfast... She entered the shop, taking quick notice of how empty it was. The only other people in there were a couple of Lions and their cub who seemed a bit peeved at something. Ignoring them for now, Jordan made a beeline for the bathroom. It had been a long bus ride.

As Jordan passed through, she perked up at a set of large ears. "Mattie? Is that you?"

Last edited:
Reactions: :Cosmic:
Bernard cleared his throat as Sky picked up the phone before speaking up. "Hello, it's Bernard from the bar Odin. I'll get straight to the point, we have a trouble, you see.. Sean passed out after having a glass of whiskey, even though it's nothing but lack of sleep, i have to ask someone to come and take him away. As much as he is regular, him sleeping here might bring me serious trouble if some officer sees him, i'm sure you understand" he explained listening to the Leopon at the same time. After explaining the situation, he began to make the drink for the Leopon while waiting for the answer from Sky. He picked up a collins glass and an iced tea from the fridge. He fills the glass with ice and puts couple lemon wedges in before filling one third of the glass with the tea and then filling rest with lemonade. He stirs the drink a couple times to mix it before handing it over to the Leopon. "Arnold Palmer, that'll be 4 dollars" he says.

@Rin Mico
Emerald Diner (I decided to give it a random name)

Matylda turned to see Jordan, ear still bleeding a bit. "Jordania? No cześć, kochanie!" the canine had become a bit too excited to catch herself speaking Polish. She half-heartedly skipped the short distance to the otter and gave her a little side-hug. It seemed like it had been forever since Mattie saw her. "How was all that training?" she asked with a smile, ignoring the blood trickling down her large ear. The maned wolf cleared her throat in an attempt to make her accent less thick. She turned back to the counter for a brief moment. One of the basins was still full of soap and brown-red water. She had taken a break from cleaning her wound to speak with her friend, who she hadn't expected. Matylda straightened out her white and green uniform, still smiling at Jordan. It would be nice to have a lady back in the house. The guys could be a bit frustrating at times, at least in Mattie's opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Chase was brushed off and dropped onto the couch, he roared with laughter until he fell off the couch entirely. It took him a good five minutes before he would even stop laughing. When he was done, he felt like he was going to faint. So, he stumbled into his room, and flopped down onto Sinopa, softly still giggling. "Ah, that was pricelessssss~"

Sinopa's eyes would slowly open as he heard his lover crawl onto him, then he realized that he had just... climbed on to him, or rather, fell onto him. "Uh... what was?"

"I was messing with Sky, and as soon as the phone rang, he ran away as fast as he could. What would make it ever better is if he answered a telemarketer." He continued to giggle, this time a bit louder since he was reminded of what happened a few minutes prior.

"What did you do this time?" Sinopa asked with a straight face, clearly not amused.

"I climbed on him and--actually, nevermind. I did nothing," he said as he rolled off of Sinopa, and began to actually put on his day clothes. Sliding on a pair of faded skinny jeans and a baggy red sweatshirt with his job's logo on the front and back. He preferred to wear it over the "gay vest" that they offered. The reasoning for it being called that, is because of how much it resembled the 50's, and how it made him feel like a homosexual from the 50's.

"Whatever, bruh," Sinopa would tease before he got out of bed finally and got ready for his own job.

--- --- ---​

A good thirty minutes later, Chase would be in the employee's lounge, unpacking his things. He unloaded his small plaid backpack into his cubby, and closed his eyes as he clocked in for the day. He made sure to fix up his hair as he checked the register to make sure that it was working, just out of boredom.

"Man, this is going to be a long week..." Chase whispered to himself as his co-workers began getting the shop ready by prepping the ovens, cleaning the windows, and getting the tables and chairs ready. Which, Chase knew that the food would be coming out next; again making him excited.

@Rauzi

Sky twisted around to watch Chase go back up the stairs still laughing. He shook his head, but a slight amused smile had appeared on his face. He listened to Bernard and sighed, "It's not even seven. At least it's mostly exhaustion…" He said out loud, but then shrugged. Whatever it wasn't his problem. "Yeah, I'll come pick him up." The ocelot agreed. He hung up the phone and grabbed his keys that were near the door.

He got into his car and pulled out of the long driveway of the Runi Mansion. The car didn't match the grand house at all. It was a clunker, and Sky was amazed it was still working. But it wasn't like he had the money for another one, and he didn't want to work anymore than he already was.

He pulled up in front of the bar a little while later and stepped into it.

"Bernard," he called cheerfully startling the Leopon to whip around. "I'm here to pick up some of the junk from my house." The Leopon had paid for the drink and grunted a 'thanks' to the bartender, but had otherwise been quiet.

"Runi," the man growled and the ocelot looked over in surprise. The next moment an innocent look past over his face.

"Captain Vardanis, I haven't seen you since that problem down the street, eh, you still remember I was innocent right?" The Leopon grunted and nodded.

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

Emerald Diner

Jordan laugh as the wolf slipped back into her native tongue. She returned the hug, giving Matylda a quick squeeze. "Nice to see you too? You know I don't speak Polish, but I think that's a good guess as any." She looked the girl over, surprised to see her already in her uniform. "Training went fine, just really long and do NOT get me started on the bus ride, both to and back," Jordan began to babble watching as Mattie turned back toward the sink. It was then that she noticed the brownish water. "Hey what's up with that-" Jordan cut herself off as she finally noticed the cut on her friends ear. "Mattie! What the heck happened? Are you OK? God, I'm an idiot for not noticing right away."

Jordan gave herself a mental kick. Ignoring the protect of her growling stomach and the temptation of letting out all what had happened during her trip, she squared her shoulders and lowered her knapsack, rummaging through all the junk. "Good thing they gave me a new first aid kit," Jordan said, her face buried in her large bag. "I know it's in her somewhere....Aha!" The otter pulled out a medium size red case and after popping the clasps, pulled out some gauze. "Want me to help you or do you wanna do it yourself?"

Bernard shifted his focus to Sky as he arrived but as the Leopon seemed to recognize Sky and not be so happy about it, he sighed. "So you know each other.... anyways, Sky was it? Faster we get the him out of here, the better" he says, breaking a bit from his usual professionality. Sean kept on sleeping peacefully on the chair. The mood in the bar wasn't something Bernard wasn't looking for though.

Meanwhile at the Runi mansion

Apparently Sean had forgotten to take his phone with him before leaving and it was lying on the kitchen counter. It was blinking every once in a while as it kept on receiving text messages one after other. The person sending the messages was no other than Maya Thoven. She is a colleague of Sean and works same shifts as he does, but as a waitress at O'bass. On top of all of this she is in love with Sean, even though he doesn't seem to be aware of it for some reason. Now she was spamming Sean with texts as he of course didn't answer to any of them because he had forgotten the phone. She was trying to ask Sean out but just couldn't ask it directly and so tried to work her way around to get the message out there. At the same time she was also talking about work and how she would visit the mansion again tomorrow as they had couple days off. All of this information was easily accessible to anyone who was at the mansion, as Sean didn't use any kind of locking mechanism on his phone.

@Rin Mico

Emerald Diner

Mattie put her paw to her ear. "Oh, uh, just a rowdy lion cub. It's nothing, really..." the canine trailed off as Jordan started digging through her bag for the first aid kit. "Oh, I can try myself. I'm assuming you'd like to do your business, considering you came into the bathroom? Unless you're some psychic and knew I would be in here." Matylda let out a soft giggle at her last remark, trying to lighten the mood. Taking the kit from her otter friend, Matylda shuffled back to the dirty sink basin, cleaning up her ear as best she could. Her best wasn't too good in this case, but it would do. "I'm also guessing you'd like a bite to eat? I'll get you settled in a few minutes." the canine leaned close to the mirror to get a better look at what she was doing, never taking her eyes off of her ear as she spoke. Mattie was still quite annoyed with the cub's parents. They definitely didn't seem to care about the maned wolf's well-being and the behavior of their cub. Matylda hoped her co-worker had taken care of their order for her after she slipped away into the ladies room.

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

Emerald Dinner

At Mattie's comment, Jordan perked up. That's right! Her body had finally gotten over the shock of seeing her friend hurt and now her bladder remebered how full it was. Her legs closed together with a yelp, and the otter hurried into the stall to relieve herself.

Jordan chuckled, both at Mattie's joke at a bit at herself. She could be such a ditz sometimes. As Jordan finally left the stall, taking care of what she needed to do, she joined the wolf at the sink to wash her paws. "Oh that's right, I was hungry. Yeah, I'd like a bite but not if it'll be too much trouble, I mean you seem to have your hands full as it is." Jordan gestured to her ear. She gave the bandaging a once over, deemed it to be done well enough and gave her friend a smile.

"Sorry, Matylda. I'm not staying long. I just wanted to check if you were here, grab a quick bite to go and go knock out at the mansion," she gave her an apologetic smile. "I'll see you when you get home ok?" Jordan gave her a quick hug before exiting the bathroom ordering a sandwich and exiting the store while making an angry face at the lion cub. She made her way home, eating as she went.

Once she got there, she slipped more or less sliently in, deciding to surprise the guys later. Right now she was just way too tired. She stumbled into her room and fell asleep on her bed, barely managing to take off her shoes.

@Rauzi
Back at the Runi Mansion 7ish

Sky and Vardanis stared at each other for another moment before both nodded, seeming to come to an accord. The Leopon muttered, "I'll be stopping by your house to ask about the warehouses on the East side."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Sky answered cheerfully going over to Sean. Vadanis gave the ocelot what could either be a grimace or a grin before turning back to his drink. Sky carefully moved Sean up onto his back.

"Ugh, you've gotten fat; friend," he muttered as he dragged the fox out into the car.

They got back to the mansion within a few moments and Sky dragged Sean back in and onto the couch. "My favorite spot," he complained dropping into a chair by the other male. Mau had left earlier, the ocelot noticed. He'd miss the bird, but thought he'd do well in whatever he needed to. Means we have an extra room open, he thought to himself as he began to surf the channels. And Vardanis will probably bring one of his officer's with him this afternoon.

He rubbed an eye, tired. "I need sleep," he said out loud to the quiet room and laid his head against the arm of the chair and curled up as the figures on the screen flickered across his vision.

---------

@Summer Nights
At Café – at opening

The ring-tailed lemur that entered the café, had more than just the regular rings around his eyes. It was obvious that he'd had something like a nightmare before coming to this area. "Could I have an espresso?" he asked, his voice was airy, though serious. "And a cup of tea." The last sentence was said with a wrinkle of his nose. He'd never enjoyed tea, but the terrible taste always helped after bad nights.

"And I'll have it here if that's alright?" he suggested with a small smile to Chase. "I need at least some rest before classes."

- about 4 hours later -

Sean had been sleeping for a while now but got woken up by the sun shining through the window right on his face. Guess it was time to wake up then.. He glanced over the room, seeing if anyone was around. The fact that tv was on made him quite sure Sky was around, then his eyes caught the ocelot curled up in the chair. "Guess it's my turn to make lunch then..." he says to himself before getting up from the couch, he stretches a bit before making his way over to the kitchen. Upon opening the fridge, he scans through it's contents to see what he could make. What he found was mostly vegetables and not that much else. Seems like there was also some ham left from something and.... bacon? "I wonder who took care of the groceries last time? Matylda?" he says just throwing out a random guess not him for sure as he hadn't been grocery shopping for a while now. So what vegetables do we have here? Potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes.... and some other stuff... on top of that there's bacon and ham... so it seems like it's a soup day today he picks up the vegetables, the bacon and the ham and lays them in front of him on the counter. Next question is how many of us is actually coming home for lunch, well sky is here... Matylda is at work probably and same goes with Chase.... and Jordan is still off at the camp or whatever it was. Well, i think i'll make food for 5, leaves some leftover if Sky wants to eat more.... and so others can take some off to work as lunch tomorrow i guess. he thought before picking up the chopping board and a knife and he began to cut the vegetables and the meat. Picking up a decent sized pot filling it with water and placing it on the stove to heat up the water. He puts the vegetables in and picks up a frying pan to fry the meat so it gets a nice color and texture. It didn't take long before the lovely smell of food began to fill up the mansion as the soup was boiling.

After Jordan had left, the day seemed to go by much quicker for Matylda. The lions left shortly after her friend, and not many customers showed up afterwards. Matylda's ear began to ache, so she left early around 12:30. She went to a clinic for further help, but only received a bottle of ear cleaner. The maned wolf set off for home, irritated and in slight pain.
Upon walking in the door, a strong, wonderful smell hit Matylda's nostrils. "O, Jezu, co to niesamowity zapach!" Matylda yelped, stomach suddenly growling. She glanced into the kitchen, ignoring Sean's prescence and only acknowledging the glorious soup he was making. Her tail began to wag and her ears were perked up. The canine was nearly drooling over the fox's shoulder. Her injured ear twitched, sending an intense shock of pain through her body. Mattie had forgotten about it since she had walked into the kitchen. "Damn it..." she mumbled, scratching the back of the painful ear.

@Rauzi

Sean hears someone coming in as he was trying to catch up with all the texts Maya had sent him while he had been away, then Matylda entered the kitchen. He raises his eyebrow as he notices her ear being bandaged up. "How come you're home this early? Got something to do with that ear?" he asks. At the same time he picks up a spoon and dips the tip of it in the soup and tastes the soup. He stops to think for a moment before turning around and opening the cabinet above the counter. It was filled with all kinds of seasonings, Sean takes a few different bottles of seasonings to finish up the soup. After adding the seasoning he simmers the soup for a while before picking up two more spoons, he dips them both in the soup and hands one of them to the maned wolf drooling after the soup next to him. "Should be done now" he says and tastes the soup again nodding to himself as a confirmation as he is satisfied with the end result.

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

Matylda nodded. "Some stupid lion cub..." she looked around, opening her mouth as if to say something else, but closing it. She watched with a grin as Sean added seasoning. Delightly, Matylda took the spoon from the fox and slurped down the soup. "You're quite the cook, love." Mattie patted him on the back, dipping the spoon in the pot once more. She drawled out a pleased "mmmm" before turning around and walking into thr main living room and staring blankly at the TV, which had been left on, for a few moments. She then proceeded to her room, where she played keyboard for a bit and tested out new song lyrics. The canine tried to stay as quiet as possible, despite it being a bit later.

Sean nodded as a thank you when the wolf complimented his cooking. He wasn't very happy about her dipping the same spoon more than once into the soup though. His eyes were pinned to Matylda as she headed towards her room and once she disappeared from his sight he shifted his focus to the tv. He walks to the living room, picks up the remote and turns off the tv, he then proceeds to walk up to Sky and try to wake him up for lunch. "Yo, Sky... it's lunchtime" he says as he lightly shakes the sleeping ocelot as he tries to wake him up.

@-'ToxicGhostie'- @Rauzi

Sky slept through Matylda and Seans discussion easily. His ears flickered annoyed at the noise, but it wasn't enough to wake him until he heard his name. He sat up with a grown and looked over at his two roommates. "No it's not," he muttered and then looked at the television clock. "Oh god it is." He sat up completely his tail flicking back and forth in annoyance. "Captain Vardanis will be coming over in a few hours," he informed the two. "So if you have anything illegal you should hide it."

His nose twitched and he siddled over to the kitchen to sniff at the soup. "That smells good," he complimented Sean. "If I had the money I'd just hire you as our official cook."

@adabotcon @Rauzi
Mentioned: @-'ToxicGhostie'-

The muffled sound of footsteps is what stirred Jordan from her slumber. Her nose twitched as she turned over to try and fall back asleep, taking in the smell of dinner wafting up from the kitchen. Her stomach growled loudly and she let out a groan. "...need....food," she mumbled like a zomie even going so far as to let out a growl. After a minute, the war between food and sleep ended with her unrelenting stomach being the victor. The otter pulled herself up on her bed, shook herself a bit more awake and padded downstairs. She caught a whiff of Matylda's scent as she made her way toward the kitchen and Jordan was glad that she had made it home safe. Jordan couldn't tell if she was imagining it or not, but she could've sworn that she heard the faintest tune. She didn't know if Mattie was upstairs making music again or is she was just going crazy. Jordan was hoping for the latter.

The otter made her way sleepily into the kitchen, her eyelids more than halfway closed. She barely acknowledged Sky and Sean, giving the ocelot and the fox a drowsy smile. "Hey guys," she greeted them softly, rubbing her eye with the back of her hand. She had completely forgotten that she had failed to tell everyone else, other than Matylda, that she was home. She acted out of habit, as if she hadn't been gone for a little more than a month and had come home earlier than expected. She stretched out, her tail stiffening as she let out a little yelp, before rummaging through the cabinets in search of a bowl. "Sky," she complained grumpily. "Where's my clam?" Jordan was reffering to her special dark grey clam shell shaped bowl that she had found at a marketplace and insisted on eating any soup out of. "Did you guys hide it from me?"

@Rin Mico @adabotcon

Sean was surprised by Jordan's sudden appearance as he was pretty sure the otter was supposed to arrive later on, not today. Then he shifted his thoughts on the clam Jordan was asking about Clam?? What clam is she talk-, oh right... that one he thought before remembering the bowl Jordan talked about. "Last time i remember seeing it on the top shelf of the cabinet with all the plates in it. At the back of it" he says, not sure if someone had moved it to somewhere else at some point, it has been few weeks since he saw it last time afterall. Sky's comment was rather interesting one for Sean though. "Just remind me again... how come we're living in a huge mansion that you own... but you don't have any money on you?" he asks out of curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.