Status
Not open for further replies.
Jace vaguely recognized the opening of a door as he rolled off the back of one slimebot, impaling it through the chest as he dismounted. He stopped his blade an inch from Levi's neck, opposite arm outstretched, the barrel of his pistol to the forehead of a bot. He pulled the trigger anyway, sending the thing melting to the floor and retreating to the wall, preparing to come out again once the simulation resumed itself. Lowering the blade and disengaging from combat mode himself, he gave a friendly little chuckle. "Please, the green stuff fixes itself. And I've only broken, what, maybe seven control cortexes a day?" he jested, muttering the last bit under his breath. "Anyway, what's up? Need something, or just come to check in?" he asked, pulling a water bottle off the wall and drinking deeply.

@Kirito

"Just came to check on you. You have more or less been sleeping here the past three days. And I figured you could see how a real man takes out the slimebots."

@Thomas McTavish

"Oh, is this Homicidal Harlequin's dance of death a bit too girly for you?" he joked. "I seem to create large piles of corpses efficiently enough, but let's see how you do it. I actually don't think I've seen you in a Hangar Fight long enough to really pin your style." he backed out behind a door and into a viewing area, in which a few crewmen on lunch break had gathered to watch Jace, and were about to be treated to a surprise showing of Levi's fighting.

"Take it away, Cap," he said, giving Levi the OK the start when he was ready.

Levi looks at the control booth. "Deploy all bots, Ensign."

"Yes sir. Good luck. You know the rules. Nine lives to kill as many of the bots as possible. 200 bots total."

"Noted."

"Deploying in 3...2...1... Bots deployed."

Levi immediately jumps into action, igniting his plasma blade and rushes the bots, slicing three in half with one slice. Jumping, and hitting a button on his gauntlet, the room drops to Zero-Gs. He lands on the roof, his boots mag-locking to it. He runs, deflecting the bullets they shoot at him back at them, slowly but surely taking them down.

At this point there are about 50 left. Leaping from the roof, he lands on one, slamming it to the ground and firing a round point blank into it's head. Leaping back as three blades hiss through the air where he just was, he spins, decapitating them all.

There is one left. As it raises it's gun, he fires a round into it's head where it's eyes would be.

He hadn't lost a single life. "That is how it's done, BattleJester."

@Thomas McTavish

Jace applauded slowly. "Nice work. Almost... choreographed. But impressive nonetheless. Catch a drink with me?" he asked, descending once again and heading out the door, moving back toward the bar. "How do you think they found it? The Katana Fleet, I mean?" he asked, taking a seat and reaching over the bar to remove a bottle of Whiskey and two glasses, at the quizzical glare of an annoyed bartender.

"Normally when a ship goes missing after a hyperjump it's because it was torn to pieces by the speed, or it collided with something, or it blew up because the engines malfunctioned. Missing ships are dead ships. Where'd they even jump off to? And on who's orders? Sorry if I seem like a prat by asking, but I'd like to know a bit more about what we're up against than 'they were badass and then they were gone.'" he rambled, taking a sip.

"They were 200 slave-rigged Dreadnaughts. No one knows where they went. They were sent out over two hundred years by the first of the IMPF. How they found it, I don't know. I've already told you the specs. Maybe they chanced upon it on a blind jump, but the chances of that are almost none.'

"I keep hearing that term, 'slave-rigged.' What exactly does that mean? I didn't notice many differences on the ship of our recent battle compared to past fights on regular dreadnaughts." he inquired. He had heard it before the battle, as well. Slave-rigged. It was often in hushed whispers, with few further details given.

"The entire fleet ran on a single drive circuit. I'm no engineer, but I do know that when the flagship, the Katana, jumped lightspeed, the others followed St the exact same time. You have to get into the circuits themselves to see the difference.

"It's major technological disadvantage, because no ship can jump without the flagship, but they only require and eighth of the manpower to fly them."

@Thomas McTavish

"Makes sense, I suppose. But, that brings up a question. If the Alpha jumps they all jump, right? That begs the question: how did we manage to find one alone? Where was the rest of the fleet?" He pondered this as he slammed the rest of his drink, quick to pour another.

If it really was a ship from the Katana Fleet they fought, that leaves up to 199 other dreadnaughts out somewhere, lightly manned and heavily armed. They could take one easy enough. Hell, he'd seen rebel ships take on two at once before and come out functioning. "How many cruisers are under your control, Levi? And what classes are they? I have an idea of our side's size, but I'd like to be sure."

(I'm just throwing in sci-fi ships from a whole bunch of different places...)

"Not nearly enough for 200 Dreadnaughts. We have 150 Lambda-Class assault shuttles, 20 squadrons of X-Wings, Y-Wings, B-Wings, and A-wings. We have 60 Dreadnaughts, and 32 Cruisers. We have one BattleStar, and three SSV-1 Stealth Shuttles. The downside is, we have all of these ships, but only manpower enough to crew half of them, and the BattleStar? Let's just say it's been a movie prop for two years.

"Against 200 Dreadnaughts, we would be massacred."

@Thomas McTavish

Jace sighed. Looks like the Battle Jester might have to put some of that legendary charisma into action on the recruiting front when they got back to a station. "Alright. For now, the Icarus rig. We'll deal with Katana fleet later. My suggestion is when our ETA to Eden Prime hits twelve hours, drop from hyperspace and send a stealth scouting party to survey the planet and warn us of any danger. If they come back, we know what we're dealing with. If they don't, then we have a pretty good idea of what we're dealing with."

Levi looks at him, smiling sadly. "You know how I operate, Jace. No man steps on my ship unless they are a Dog, or a prisoner, and the Dog's....We are a dying race. We've had a good run, but our recruitment numbers are at an all time low, and people leave us daily. I'm having trouble keeping this thing afloat." He stands, and brushes off his armor. "Any help would be much appreciated."

@Thomas McTavish

Last edited:
((Sorry, got really busy))

"Right now, it seems like anyone able to fly a ship and willing to aim it's guns at the IMPF would be a useful ally at worst. We need all the men we can get. But that's for another time, when we're not worrying about mind control. You gonna send out a scouting party, or are we just going to charge in dick-first and hope for the best?" he asked, arms crossed and foot tapping. They had more immediate problems at the moment than troop counts.

((Sorry, got really busy))

"Right now, it seems like anyone able to fly a ship and willing to aim it's guns at the IMPF would be a useful ally at worst. We need all the men we can get. But that's for another time, when we're not worrying about mind control. You gonna send out a scouting party, or are we just going to charge in dick-first and hope for the best?" he asked, arms crossed and foot tapping. They had more immediate problems at the moment than troop counts.

He calls down to Starship Command. "Ensign, get the Normandy ready. I want a stealth sweep over Eden prime before we send down the Thunder Legion."

"Affirmative, sir."

Levi looks at Jace. "It's as you say. We need all the help we can get. Will you help us? There are some key Rim-worlds that could not only provide an advantage, but also men and resources. If we can turn them, we would be able to better strike at the IMPF. Will you use your 'no-bullshit' charisma to help us?"

@Thomas McTavish

Jace stared into his glass. Garda Velta had been independent for ages, they would be easy to sway. Valos Prime was xenophobic, mostly. Balost and Mora Vaer were already fighting against the IMPF. There were countless others, and none with love for the IMPF.

"I'll see what I can do. Any word from the scouts yet?"

@WoundedSoul

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.