Hotel Vacation

• Thread starter Oh Hey It's Domo
  • Start date
Anna smiled and shook her head. "It makes me wonder why you haven't been snatched up yet James." She was thankful she didn't have to sit at the bar alone, drinking away her sorrows, yet at the same time, she could only think he was pitying her. "You don't have any interest in you back home?" She glanced over her shoulder at him as they left the room and she shut the door silently behind them.

"I had a girlfriend, but we broke up." James leaned against the wall, and watched her. "We just kind of grew apart, and just decided to break up." He liked seeing Anna smile - so much different to Lily's tight, compressed smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry for bringing it up." Anna looked back at the door before heading to the elevator. "Is that what made you come on this trip? Just to get away for a little while?" Again she punched in the floor number where she knew the bar was on. Her eyes stared at the floor, contemplating the nights happenings. She couldn't stop asking herself if this was the right thing to do, Tom had obviously been angry with her, judging by the look she'd caught on him moments before he collapsed. Did she really want to test the waters with that? But then her glance turned towards James and she felt the answer in her stomach. Butterflies, excitement.

"Sort of - I wanted to just clear my mind and have a bit of fun. It was therefore incredible timing that I won tickets to come on this holiday thing." James caught her glance, and smiled.

"And I'm glad I did come. I've now met the two Annas - Anna and Joanna." He grinned.

"Glad we could be of service." Ann chuckled, happy when they finally arrived. The bar wasn't crowded, unlike the one they had been at previously. There were a few guests, mostly sat at the tables in their own worlds. She walked towards the bar and took a seat on one of the stools. "What are you having?" She asked James, nodding behind the bar. Perhaps drinking didn't give the greatest impression, but right now all she wanted was to feel her muscles relax, and to forget about the struggle of the past hour.

"I'll just have a Coke." He ordered the drink and glanced at Anna, "I don't particularly like alcohol - my uncle died from alcohol poisoning last year, so I never drink it." He shrugged, "Better for my health anyway. I can't dance if I'm drunk."

"I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. But I hear you, it's best not to drink." Still, she went and ordered a rum and coke. She wasn't particularly concerned about her health just yet. She chuckled at his dance comment, giving him a sideways glance. "I'd like to see you not being able to dance. Such a strange thought." She grinned and nudged him slightly, thankful when the drinks arrived. She stirred the ice in her glass around with her straw, "in answer to your earlier question," she began, biting her lip, "I love him." She sighed. "But not in the way I should. He's a big part of my life so of course I care about him, but there's just nothing between us." She took a few sips of her drink after that.

James rolled his eyes. "I'm not perfect - nobody is." He listened to her answer, and sighed. "Then, maybe you should tell him that. Explain that you just want to be friends -you know, stay in each other's lives, but not together." He sipped his coke, and watched her thoughtfully.

He made it sound so easy. Break up, simple as that. She sighed. "Maybe I should." She still didn't believe herself. She'd had this conversation with herself time and time again, and here she was, still in the same relationship. "Just... best to wait until he's sober, and concious." She took another sip of her drink and placed the glass down, brow furrowed in thought. "So, you mentioned a friend of yours earlier this evening. Who was that?" Her aim of changing the subject.

"Oh yeah - Sirius Black. He came over earlier at the event, and I was surprised about that. My best mate from back home. We are like two peas in a pod - except for the fact that he can't dance the tango!" James laughed, and grinned. "You should meet him sometime."

(btw I made you an avatar!)

(Oh really? :o Can I see?! :D )
Anna chuckled. "That's interesting, did you not know he was coming too?" She grinned, and nodded, "I'd love to meet him if he's anything like you." She ran a hand though her hair, letting her gaze fall on the now almost-empty room. "You know, as hectic as tonight has been, I'll be sad to leave when the time comes. If I could I'd stay on vacation forever, then you don't have to worry what you're returning home to." She looked down at her glass. "Although I do miss my two dogs, it's so wrong no waking up to them licking my face." She smiled fondly at the memories. "They must be going crazy without me."

View attachment 11371

James nodded, gazing around the room. "Only the first night, and already I'm swept off my feet. I don't want to go back to England now. This place is ...amazing." His eyes were on Anna when he said the last word, and he smiled softly.

"Swept off your feet?" Anna smiled. It was like he was reading her mind, although she was sure he was referring to the hotel, and not her. She sighed a little, as he brought up the sad reminder that he actually wasn't local - and that by the end of this week, he'd be gone, and probably would forget about her and Joanna. "Maybe we should exchange contacts before you go. You and Sirius can come visit me and Joanna sometime, or maybe we could come to you." She paused. "Sorry If I sound too forward, it's just rare that you meet someone so interesting, it'd be a shame to just leave each other." She took another sip of her drink, hoping he didn't notice the flush in her cheeks.

(Aw that's great! Thank you! -hug- )

"That sounds great. I have loads of room at home - you guys could come and stay with me, and Sirius could come around, and we could just have a blast." James nodded, and then smiled at her comment. "You think I'm interesting?" He quirked an eyebrow up teasingly.

Anna grinned. "It sounds great, I'm sure Joanna will be ecstatic." She laughed, watching his eyebrow go up in amusement. "How could I not? I think you're the first man I've ever met who can dance the tango." She pressed her lips together. "You have any thoughts on what you'd want to do for the competition? I think they're allowing all sorts of genres, so ballroom, ballet, disco..." She chuckled at the latter. "It might actually be televised too. I overheard a couple in the lobby talking about it earlier."

"Well, I don't think I've ever met a girl quite like you before." James replied, before thinking on the question. "Maybe the salsa, or the tango of course, or perhaps the paso doble. I love all the Latin dances, and if we do it right, then the judges will be very impressed." He smiled.

Anna dropped her gaze at the compliment, trying to hide the grin on her face. "Why do I get the feeling all those dances are going to be very difficult?" She winced and took a sip from her drink. "We're going to have to practice... a lot." She chuckled, shaking her head. "I never once thought that I'd be dancing, never mind dancing a Latin dance, on this trip."

"Dancing can be fun, especially when you are dancing the Latin dances." James grinned, and jumped up off the seat. He then spontaneously started dancing the flamenco, clicking his fingers, and stamping his feet. "Ole!" He laughed.

"C'mon - your turn!" He took her hands and pulled her up, grinning.

Joanna nodded. "That's all right..."

"Oh? E-eheheh I'm fine," she said with a bit of a feigned smile, still a bit miffed about what happened. "What about you? You doing ok?"

Sirius shrugged. "I'm ok. Where's James?" He could tell that her smile was feigned, and he bit his lip, trying not to say something he will probably regret.