Hotel Vacation

• Thread starter Oh Hey It's Domo
  • Start date
A smile touched her lips. "I doubt someone like you would find it difficult to get a partner. We've had quite a few stares." Quite a few indeed. Some women and even a few men were watching them. She turned back to him. She didn't blame the people watching, he really was a handsome man. It was so obvious you couldn't deny it. That smile, the moves, even his voice could make you melt. Anna cleared her throat, waking herself from the daze. "Sorry, I'm feeling a little light-headed.." She gave a soft chuckle.

((DANG ;A; this is what happens when you aren't on Iwaku ;w; ))

Joanna smiled and waved to Anna. "Hey there!~ Didn't see you both here!" she smiled. At Anna's play on names, she nudged Anna a bit, playfully. After that, she just listened to the two talk. After just listening to them talk, she realized that they had just left to the dance floor.

"...Oh..."

She sighed, feeling a little bit awkward as she felt a bit ignored. She shrugged and sat down at their table. "Hm..."

He raised her up so they were standing straight again. He kept his eyes on hers, and asked, "Would you be my partner for it if I were to enter?" James smiled softly.

He had almost forgotten about Joanna, he was so focused on Anna up until that point.

Slightly sad he'd raised her - having enjoyed being so close, she smiled. "I don't have that sort of talent. If you'd be happy to lead me.. I'd give it a shot." Her cheeks were flushed, although she could blame it on them dancing, she knew it wasn't that. Glancing back at their table, she noted Joanna and sighed. Had she really just left one of her closest friends to dance? She'd hardly noted it at the time, and the time was getting late. They had really been dancing for longer than she thought. Looking back at James, she tilted her head, indicating the table and poor Joanna. "We should go back, both Joanna and my drink look a little lonely." Her smile was sympathetic.

"Great." He smiled, and inclined his head towards Joanna. "Yeah - let's go." As they walked back to the table, he couldn't stop smiling - he was going to be competing in a competition with Anna as his partner!

They sat down at the table, and he apologised, "Sorry for leaving you like that - you seemed in your own little world there. And I wanted to show off my moves on the dancefloor." He grinned.

Anna happily took a sip of her drink before shrugging off Toms blazer. "And he did indeed show them off." She grinned, fingers tapping on her glass. "Although I have a feeling he has more moves than he's letting on.." She looked over at James, her smile secretive. "So, what are your plans for tonight, guys? I mean, where do you intend to go after this?"

James yawned involuntarily, and then blushed. "Sorry- I'm just really tired. I think I'll probably go back to the hotel. Anna, are you staying in the same hotel?" He grinned at her, hoping she would say yes.

Across the room, Tom finally realised that his girlfriend wasn't there, and looked around for her. Eventually he found her sitting across the room with a girl he recognised as Anna's friend Joanna, and a guy. He watched them, and got very jealous as he watched them very obviously flirting. His teeth ground together.

(Oh you didn't have to double as him, I don't mind if you want to I just don't want you to feel obliged. :) )

"I believe I am. Unless both hotels share the same receptionist." She shook her head slightly, still not believing they had had to wait an hour to be able to book a room. "I'm on the top floor, room 119. What about you?" A quick look over her shoulder and she caught the look on Tom's face, all of a sudden she really wished she hadn't bothered. She gave a slight wave. His friends were still around him however, noisy as ever. She took another sip of her drink and turned around again. She was hoping the footsteps behind her weren't his, but just a passer by. For the first time she was enjoying herself, not sat on the end of conversation surrounding sports of the latest model of car. Just thinking back to them situations gave her a headache. Right now she was appreciating the talk going on, opera - Tom wouldn't even know what that was.

"Fourth floor. Maybe you should come down and we could do something tomorrow - do you like Halo?" James hoped that she did - it would just be another thing that would make her more amazing. Not many girls liked playing games like that, but he thought that she might be different.

Tom scowled and turned back to his friends. If she wanted to flirt with other guys tonight, she could - he didn't care right then. He had had one too many drinks and his mind was fuzzy.

Anna grinned, she couldn't help it. "That sounds like a plan." At his question, she hesitated - blushing. "Ah, I haven't really played it. But I have to admit I'm a huge fan of Call of Duty." It's something she would never normally admit, but the rum had made her slightly more confident and gosh knew she needed it. "Huge may be overstepping..." She said quickly, trying not to sound too keen on it. Boys liked games. Girls weren't meant to be into that sort of thing. She looked over at Joanna, remembering a few times she got Joanna to play it with her. She'd have to ask her over sometime, they could have a film night like they had done on previous weekends. It might have a better element to it if they were to have it in a hotel room. Scary horror movie about the haunted motel. She liked the sound of that. "If you guys are up for doing something, how about tomorrow night? I can rent a few films, get some junk food in, it'll be fun." And Tom would be out, he and his friends had planned to go to the local races, she would have gone too but now this idea seemed far more interesting.

James's eyes lit up, "Call of Duty? I love that game! I have never known a girl who likes Call of Duty before!" His opinion of Anna raised even further now. "And I'd like to come tomorrow night - what sort of movies, though? Nothing like Love Actually?" He raised an eyebrow. "Cuz, I think I could get some good films from my own personal collection - like Season of the Witch, The Roommate, horror films like that?"

Anna exhaled, not realizing she'd been holding her breath, waiting to see what he'd say about her call of duty love. She smiled, thankful he hadn't laughed at her for it. She shook her head and chuckled, "No nothing like that. I have a few in mind, Haunting in Connecticut, Dead Silence, Creep. Why don't we all bring a films and then we'll decide on what to watch when we're there? Or you know, pick it blindfolded and hope for the best." This guy was great, it made her try to focus even more on what was wrong with him. All guys had their faults, and right now she couldn't figure anything that was off with James.

"That sounds awesome." James smiled, and then glanced at the door. "Need a ride back to the hotel? I don't think your boyfriend is in any fit state to drive." He had noticed Tom, and he rolled his eyes.

"I am just about to get a taxi for Joanna and myself. You can come with."

Anna paused and looked at him. She hadn't mentioned her boyfriend, but had he known all this time? She looked back at Tom, then James. Her smile was weak, almost ashamed. "Thank you but, I really should see that he gets back okay..." She'd gotten used to playing nurse when he got like that. She'd coax him into leaving, ease him into a taxi and helped him balance as she brought him home. It was her usual routine on nights like this.

His own smile faded as hers did. "Are you ok?" He asked with concern - she didn't look too good now..... "We could bring him in the taxi with us."

James just wanted to make her smile again like she had before.

Anna forced a bigger smile, surprised he'd noticed - and cared - that she was down. "I'm fine. Yeah I suppose we could bring him with us, that is if you wouldn't mind?" Honestly, she was thinking how big of a burden Tom was when he was drunk. He was loud, aggressive, sometimes a deadweight, sometimes you can never keep hold of him. Right now all she knew is that he looked pissed off. She glanced towards Joanna, knowing her friend would understand, she'd speak to Joanna about most of her issues with Tom - which came in abundance.

"No - it's fine." James glanced over, and winced. "And I think we might need to get him back to the hotel now." Tom had passed out drunk, and smacked his head on the counter with a loud thud.

James quickly moved across the room and hauled Tom up. He dragged the unconscious Tom across the room towards the door. As he passed the table, he gestured to the girls.

Anna followed his gaze and frowned, cheeks heating a bright pink. She was thankful that James had gone over, this place was so packed that she didn't think she could bear people whispering and tutting as she tried to pull Tom around herself. As James came towards them she smiled, "thank you" although her tone was still low, still ashamed. She stood, pulling on the blazer and grabbing her bag she threaded one arm over her shoulder and helped take some of his weight. It was so embarrassing, and Tom wasn't even conscious enough to apologize like he normally would in their routine. "I'm sorry, I'm sure this isn't how you saw your night ending."

James hauled Tom outside, and he whistled for a taxi. A yellow taxi soon pulled up and he carefully set Tom into the back seat. He turned to Anna, and shrugged, flashing her a grin. "It was unusual - I like unusual." He held the door open for her and Joanna to get in.

Joanna watched as the two came back and smiled a little bit feigned. "Hey there...Oh no that's all right!" she shook her head. She was a bit dissapointed, seeing as she went with a friend only to be deserted once her friend came in, but it was all right. At least she could listen to the music while she drank a 7-up with a lemon on the glass. (She learned that trick from her mom.)

She continued listening to their conversation. Joanna was a bit of a gamer herself, but not into Call of Duty or Halo. She was into more RPG sort of games...Like Pokemon and Digimon and those online games. "Oh? Heh that'd be fun." she nodded when Anna started talking about movies.

Joanna then seemed to get a little pale on the thought of horror movies. "Well...depends...Rating 1 to 10, how frightening would they be?"

Time passed and she looked over, seeing Tom pass out. "Ow! Oh dear..." she said as she covered her mouth. She just followed the three outside, going to the taxi and followed inside.

Pffft...Unusual is right she thought. Joanna sighed inaudibly and stretched a little bit. She looked to Tom. "Best prepare some ginger ale once he wakes up...and gets that alcohol out of his system," Joanna said, hinting that he may have a horrible hangover.