Hotel Vacation

• Thread starter Oh Hey It's Domo
  • Start date
(...I see whatchu did there. |D)

Joanna looked around the party place and her face lit up. She absolutely adored parties like this, a secret side to her...medium girly personality. She sat next to James and smiled at him, continuing to (attempt) to make some good conversation.

"Oh?" Joanna looked up to Sirius and smiled. "Hello, Sirius. My name is Joanna!" Joanna spoke. Her face then turned a bit curious. "Oh? You both know each other?"

(LOL -I'm a big Marauders fan)

James nodded. "Yeah - Sirius is my best mate from back home." He turned to Sirius and mock-scolded him, "You should have told me you were coming here! We could have come over together!"

Sirius laughed and replied, "Sorry mate - but we are here now. How did you two meet?" He glanced between James and Joanna with a grin.

(Ahh xDD)

Joanna nodded. "I see!" she said. She watched the two playfully chat and couldn't help but smile. She always liked seeing the antics of friends with others because it was just so amusing.

"Oh? How we met? Well..." she blushed a bit with a shy look. "In the lobby," she said with a nervous chuckle.

Sirius raised an eyebrow at her blush, and glanced at James. James's cheeks flushed red at the look. "Sirius - you know, you can have friends who are girls - not every girl is a potential girlfriend." He turned to Joanna, and explained with a red face, "Sirius thinks that we are dating."

He couldn't believe that his mate had implied that!

Joanna stood there, blinking. She then laughed a little bit. "Pfffft! It was more subtle than if one of my friends were to imply that, I'll give you props for that." She said as a bead of sweat fell down her head. "But, no, we aren't dating," she nodded.

"Exactly." James rolled his eyes and elbowed Sirius playfully in the stomach.

Sirius deftly moved away, and shrugged. "Ok then. Well, I'm heading off - I just stopped by to see my cousin who is here. I'm heading to bed - night James. Night Joanna." He smiled and then left.

James smiled at Joanna. "He's a nutter - but he's my best mate. He's also the "player" of the school; if I made you a list of all the girls he has dated in the past six years, then the list would stretch from here to the hotel."

(Thanks, once I get to this reply I'll check it out!)

Anna rolled her sleeves up. Rather, her boyfriends sleeves up. After a while of pouting that she was cold, she'd managed to coax him into giving up his blazer. A triumphant smile on her lips, she'd slipped into it and enjoyed it's warmth whilst her boyfriend - Tom - continued to chat amongst a few other males. How was it that football brought complete strangers together? She could never understand, the sport bored her to the heavens and back. With a roll of her eyes she stood on her tip toes and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. "I''ll be at the bar." All she got was a mutter in response, he was obviously far too busy chatting about Rooney's latest injury. She huffed, running a few fingers through the dark waves. She could definitely use a drink if this is what she was going to have to put up with. Sliding across the room, weaving between the crowd, she managed to arrive at the bar and successfully order a rum and coke. Whilst she waited, she glanced around the room, here she could see Tom still in his football trance. She chuckled and shook her head, but then one face in particular caught her gaze in the crowd. A young girl. "Joanna!" She exclaimed, receiving her drink and approaching her friend. "I had no idea you were going to be here!" Taking a sip from her glass she politely acknowledged the gentleman stood by. "Are you also a friend of Joanna?"

James watched the girl approach and greet Joanna. He smiled and held out his hand. "I'm James - and we met yesterday in the lobby, so I'm not sure if we are friend status yet." He flashed the girl a smile. "And you are?"

Anna glanced at the hand and lightly shook it. "James, I can't help but notice your accent. Where about in England are you from?" She'd moved here not too long ago to stay permanently with her aunt. She had enrolled in the same school as Joanna, which is how they'd met. "My name is Anna, minus the Jo." She waved a hand to Joanna and grinned. A joke she would often make during school.

"Just outside London." James replied, and grinned. "You want to sit down?" He pulled another seat over, and brought it to the table. "This is getting slightly freaky -my best friend just turned up about a second ago, and now Joanna's friend is here? This is cool, but freaky."

"Really?" She smiled, and after a moments hesitation - and a watchful glance over at Tom - she sat, placing her glass on the table. "How odd." She agreed, looking at Joanna. "I'm surprised I haven't seen you Jo, me and Tommy have done nothing but wander around for the past three hours. At first we had to wait for the receptionist to show," she rolled her eyes, "and then we had to wait for a few of Toms friends to show." She waved a hand towards a small bit of ruckus going on at the bar. "Which is why I'm nursing this headache with rum." She took another sip from the glass. "What have you guys been up to then?"

James groaned, "I had to wait for the blimmin' receptionist to show as well - not very professional." He then shrugged. "Well, we met just yesterday while I was waiting to check in, and then Joanna phoned me later that day-" He didn't mention how little later, "- and we arranged to come to this thing together."

Just then, music started up, and he grinned. "Hey, Anna, want to dance?" He stood and held out his hand.

Anna chuckled. "Not at all, especially when they're holding such an event." She neatened her dress, navy blue, and looked behind her. There were a few people dancing, admittedly most of them were either old or drunk. Tom was still in his own world, and after a moments thought she turned back to James and grinned. "Well, why not?" She wasn't getting invitations from anyone else. One more sip from her glass and she took his hand and stood. "Tell me, what sort of music are you into? Regular, today stuff - or do you prefer something a little older?" She led them to the floor, brushing her hair to one side and out of the way.

James grinned, and thought about it, "I like loads of bands nowadays - like The Band Perry, Carly Rae Jepsen, and the like, but I also like stuff like Queen, Celine Dion, Cliff Richard, and I sort of like listening to opera." He shrugged sheepishly. He figured that it wasn't cool to be into opera, but he didn't know why he had said that.

He listened to the music, and his face lit up. "KISS. This is my absolute favourite song - because it has a tango-like atmosphere to it." He placed one hand on Anna's waist and stepped closer. "Do you know how to tango?"

"It's good to have a diverse taste." She spoke encouragingly. "Opera.. my only experience with that would be when I watched the Phantom of the Opera production at our local theater." She smiled, slightly ashamed for not having more knowledge on it. "But I have to admit I had goosebumps the whole time." She hesitated as he moved close. "Tango?" Anna shook her head. "Maybe once when I was younger, back then I must have tried everything." She gave a small chuckle, and tilted her head slightly. "Do you?" Eyebrow raised, her smile was challenging. Maybe this vacation wasn't going to be as boring as she'd assumed it would be.

"I happen to be a competent dancer where the tango is concerned." James grinned, and spun her around quickly and smoothly, but with extreme precision and care. He spun her out, and then back in, so she was pressed against him.

"How about an impromtu refresher lesson?"

There were butterflies in her stomach as he spun her. It was... exciting. New. She'd never imagine Tom would do such a thing, he wasn't smooth, charming, or even remotely interested in her. James here, she felt like she had his absolute attention. Meeting his gaze, her cheeks grew pink - perhaps she was starting to feel the effects of the rum. She sighed, briefly and lightly. "I think you're a little more than competent." Anna laughed. "I don't know how I'm meant to keep up, but I'll bite. That is if you're up for it."

"Try me." He stepped niftly to the side and flicked his leg around hers and back again. With a grin, he slipped his arm around her waist, and dipped her to the floor in a sleek, smooth move.

"I am definitely up for it." He said softly as he leaned down, his face nearly touching hers.

It all happened so quickly, a flick of the leg, and a smooth dip to the floor. Before she knew it, his face was so close she was afraid her necklace would catch on his shirt. "I can see that." She gasped. There was no where to look other than his eyes. "You know.." She began, hand closed behind his neck, "you should think about entering their dance competition. Prize is a few bits of merchandise and a grand, I was told."

James smiled, and casually asked, "I might. Only problem is that I need a partner." He gazed into her eyes, and thought to himself, She is really gorgeous....and witty.... and friendly.....