"...Am I being mean? I... I don't know anymore. I just don't see him like my lovely Isaac. H-He's not my Isaac. Honestly, you'd have loved the man I first met. He was charming and so playful! This was the 1950, you know? He was so handsome, in his pressed suit, and he was flirtatious with me in such a cool way, I... I felt like I was the most special person in the world, he made me feel like that. This man isn't the man I knew. He's a monster, I... I'm so sorry to you both, I... I'm on your side, definitely," smiled the ghost as he moved to sit right besides Tulip. He liked Blaise too, but the man was often silent and did nothing but sleep, so it was fair to say that he'd bonded more with Tulip.

"It's selfish of me, but I... I'm happy you're here. Of course, I want you to leave and have fun with your life, get back to normal, but I'd be alone again without you both. It's nice having a friend," he shyly smiled in that adorable manner, fiddling with his long pyjama sleeves. "...Maybe I'll be able to move on soon. The only thing that held me back was not communicating with Isaac. I've done that now. Maybe... Maybe I can move on to whatever comes after this. Heaven, maybe. Like my mother."

"I'm happy for you." Smiled the girl. However, she did have a little fear in her. What if when he passed on, Isaac decided to kill them. She hoped he would just let them go. Grabbing something to eat and drink, she crawled to her best friend stroking his head back. "...Blaise, you have to eat...Please? We're going to get out of here alive, alright? Just eat, and stay strong lapin." She told him, rubbing his back in soothing circles.

Looking back to Montague, she smiled lightly. "If you do move on soon...Will you tell Isaac? Or will you just move on without telling him? Maybe he can move on too? Accept that you're moving on to a better place. You deserve to go to Heaven and be with your mother...I'm sure she's been waiting for you."

"I... I don't know. I don't... I don't think that I could leave, even if the chance came. I... I think I'd miss Isaac too much. I hate him sometimes, he's acted like such a monster, but he's... he's special to me. I... I couldn't leave. I might not like him and I don't think I could... be with him after everything he's done, but that Brandon boy seems... adorable," the ghost smiled, crossing his legs and silently playing with his hair. Honestly, he didn't think he could leave and never ever see Isaac again, and he didn't really want to leave his hotel either. His hotel was special to him - he couldn't leave when he felt he needed to care for it.

He wanted to see both his hotel and Isaac flourish, even if he had to perhaps watch Isaac be with someone else. Now, that was very slim, almost impossible, but Brandon was adorable and he clearly cared about Isaac. If the man had to move on, he did want it to be with someone like Brandon.

"Besides, I... I want this hotel to, you know, be famous! Maybe... Maybe it can be one of those like haunted hotels? They get visitors from all over the world and... and you know, I am sort of haunting this place. I-It could get the reputation of being haunted. That'd be... what's that word you modern people use... rad! It'd be rad."

"You'll be like euh....How you say...Casper the Friendly Ghost~!" Smiled the girl, rubbing her friend's back as she tried to feed him. "I believe this hotel will become famous, and many people will come." Grinned the girl. "And then you and your mommy's wish will come true!" Tulip had really bonded with Montague while she was held hostage here. He was the reason Isaac wasn't hurting them or killed them, so she was very grateful for that. Plus he was very adorable and sweet.

"So Brandon is the boy Isaac been hanging around? Do you think Isaac could...date him? I mean...He is...How you say....Ah, right obsessed with you....I don't think he'll ever get over you, la mignonne. But maybe he'll be a friend...I can tell Isaac doesn't make many friends. Depuis qu'il est fou." She mumbled, running her fingers through her hair.

"Obsessed with me, right. I don't... quite know how I'm supposed to be around him. He was going to kill someone. He's keeping you here against your will. He's... He's not entirely sane, Tulip. It makes me sad to be around him now, I just feel scared," grimaced Montague as he simply held his knees closer to his chest, the whole situation with Isaac confusing and hurting him the more he considered it.

He loved the man so much, and yet being around him just brought back horrid visions. He couldn't look at the man without being reminded of him covered head to toe in blood, smiling manically down at a butchered body. It... It wasn't something Monty could forgive or forget.

"I... need to go and speak to him. He'll hear me, I'll make him hear me. I'll... I'll shout and scream if I need to, I... I want to explain how I feel, I think."

And that's just what Monty did. He wandered quietly through to his old bedroom, sitting down quietly. This was the first time in a while he had allowed himself to be completely alone with him, so he clearly had something to say.

"...Isaac, can you hear me? I... I want to talk to you now. I... I think I'm ready to again."

Isaac was holding a gun in his hands, literally shaking. Slowly he spat a bullet out into his hand, looking at it with wide eyes. Isaac had just tried to kill himself. He had the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger....But nothing happened. He just spat the bullet out like it was nothing. It was his curse. While in his mother's womb, a warlock cursed him to be immortal, and live a dark painful life. Not even death would welcome him. Holding the bullet in his hand, he jumped when hearing Montague's voice. Closing his palm, he set the gun down, relieved to hear his voice.

"...M-Montague....You're finally speaking to me...It's been lonely, but I'm sure you know that." He whispered, still shaking a bit. He was finally realizing that he would always be alone. Even if he successfully brought Montague back to him, he would die again of old age, and Isaac would be alone. He couldn't even kill himself...He was already in Hell. Realizing this, he began to tremble, even more, looking down at himself. "...W...What am...I?" He whispered to himself, losing it, before pushing that back. Monty was here...He wanted to talk. Focus. "...Yes, Monty?"

He'd seen Isaac attempt suicide before, shortly after Montague died. He'd desperately tried to stop him, urgently did his best to prevent what he thought was the inevitable... and yet, Isaac survived. He survived every attempt and it didn't take long for Monty to realise that his beloved wasn't quite human.

That said, it didn't stop him rushing to try and take the gun. Even if he realised soon after that no suicide attempt would achieve 'success', it didn't stop that blind panic hitting him in desperation to stop-- and it cut him deep that Isaac was this clearly desperate to die.

"I-I... DON'T EVER do that again, u-understand me?! I-I don't care if you're immortal, i-it's a silly thing to do! I can't watch you d-do that, not again, i-it hurts every time you try," he snapped, the fact his voice was shaky indicating that he was crying heavily. "I-I love you, d-don't be so d-dumb."

"....This is hell, Montague...I...I don't think you understand how long I've been around...I'm one hundred and thirty-two. Over a century...I...I have no idea what I am. My mother was human...So was my father...So why aren't I human? Why haven't I died...Why can't I die?" He asked, looking down at his hands before realizing what Montague said. He said he loved him. That made things much better as he looked up, a small smile breaking through on his lips. "...You love me?....So you aren't going to leave me...You'll start talking to me again?" He asked, slowly calming down. It was amazing what affect Montague had on the immortal being. Montague could make him feel better instantly, with just a simple sentence. Montague was very much his world. And if he would vanish once again, Isaac would be lost. He would be roaming this hell all on his own. He'd return to his monstrous ways.

Wiping his face he breathed out a shaky breath. "Is that what you wanted to tell me? That you loved me? I'm...I'm so happy. We can be together again, right? Talk all night...And just love each other? I gave up trying to sacrifice people...I understand that its wrong. I understand that so...Please forgive me."

"I wanted to talk with you about a-a... a business idea, actually. I think it could be fun. You could tell everyone this place is haunted, and I... I could, you know, freak people about a little by moving things and saying things and... and it'd make this place successful, wouldn't it? You can... tell people about me. Tell them the story about how I was... murdered. It's all true and it'd increase revenue and you and I would be successful~ I-I think it'd help," he began quietly, moving to lay on the bed beside him, even if his body couldn't be seen. He didn't really... understand why he couldn't be seen by him yet, when Tulip could see him all the time without trouble.

"...It'd give me something fun to do. It wouldn't be mean, either! People would come HOPING for ghostly activity. I'd give them that. I-I think it's kinda funny, r-really," he grinned, the small giggles and snorts he gave soon after being typical of him - his giggles had always echoed the hotel when he was alive. "And if... when you see me properly, we'll be a couple. Like... you don't need to find me a body. I won't die again, you can't die anyway. W-We can be together. We don't need to leave the hotel. We never left it when we dated all those years ago and... we were perfect."

He allowed a chuckle to past through his lips, as he laid on his side, facing him. He couldn't see him, but it looked like he was looking right in his eyes. A small smile on his face. "Your laugh is beautiful." He whispered with a smile. "Alright. That sounds like an incredible idea. Our hotel will be famous, just like you always wanted. And we can be happy...And you will always be with me." Whispered the man with a happy smile, chuckling a bit. "We can get married, get a cat like you wanted, everything. We'll have a good life."

Just then his cell phone started to ring. Blinking, he pulled his phone out of his pocket, looking at the caller ID. It was Brandon. "Brandon's been a good friend. I know he'll find someone." Isaac mumbled, not answering the phone. He wanted to speak with Montague for a while.

"...He loves you so much. I was partly considering just... moving on and allowing you to date him, but Tulip pointed out how obsessed you were with me and... I realised how obsessed I am with you. I like Brandon, he seems sweet, but... you and I are designed for one another, I couldn't allow you to be with anyone else. I... I know my mother is waiting for me wherever she is, but I can't leave you. I'd rather stay in purgatory for centuries if it means continuing to stick with you," breathed Montague slowly, that realisation that he truly did love Isaac that much making him smile, and that smile came through in just how happy he sounded.

Isaac was a monster to others, but to Monty, he was the perfect man... and he wasn't prepared to ever, ever leave him.

Smiling softly, he purred lightly at hearing him say that. They were soulmates. And they could be together forever now. Sure Brandon was sweet, and a lot like Montague, but he wasn't Montague. Isaac could never love him back. But he would feel bad for breaking his heart. That much could be said. He didn't know how he was going to tell him, but he didn't have to worry about that right now. Monty was with him and telling him how much he loved him. "...I'm happy you decided to stay. I don't think I could have gotten over you...Or dated Brandon. Even if I miraculously fell in love with him...He'd leave me too. He'd leave when he found I wasn't human, or he'd die."

"...I don't think he would have left you. I've heard your conversations, I... know who he is and what family he's a part of, Isaac. He must be used to people dying and unnatural, inhuman bouts of violence. He'd probably accept what you are better than I initially did," the ghost admitted. While he couldn't guess for certain, he was pretty sure that Brandon's love for Isaac was to such an extent that he'd love the man regardless of what he found out about him.

"It's sad. He's such a nice boy, I... I think he's a real sweetheart. Don't be mean when you turn him down? Be... Be nice, say you'd like to remain friends. I certainly would love to have him around here as often as possible, he brightens the place up, brings some enthusiasm."

"I'll tell him we'll be friends. Alright?" He smiled, cuddling close. He still couldn't see him, but he knew he was close since his voice was so close. Later that night, he was out with Brandon, getting ice cream as always. How was he supposed to break it to him gently? He was really new to this nice thing, so he didn't know how to do it so the other didn't cry. Hell, the boy almost cried because he gave him sprinkles and Isaac hated sprinkles.

So how was he going to do this so the other didn't cry? "...Hey Brandon...Can we talk? It's really important." He told him as he turned the radio down. They were sat in the car as they ate ice cream. His grey eyes looked over at the other, the look in his eyes was obviously serious.

Already, Brandon wasn't the happiest boy in the world.

His favourite flavour of ice-cream, strawberry, hadn't been available at the cute little parlour he and Isaac always frequented together, so he had had to opt for bubblegum instead. The only reason he hadn't kicked up much of a fuss about it was seeing how frightened the server had been when he had to tell the mafia boss' son about the lack of strawberry ice-cream. Seeing someone look so scared of him made him feel terrible. He was far from a scary person, he hadn't hurt anyone in his life, so he quickly just smiled and said it was fine.

However, that frown appeared again when he glanced over to look at the gravely serious expression he was met with.

This... didn't feel so good.

"...Talk about what? Have I done something... wrong?"

Reactions: ForeverRed
"No, you've done everything right. You're an amazing boy." He promised, cupping the back of Brandon's head and brought him in closer so he could kiss his forehead. "....And if I'd met you first, I'm sure I could have fallen in love with you." He whispered in his ear. "You've been so good to me, and I don't deserve you. I wish I could give you more. Like a relationship, but I can't and I'm so sorry. But that doesn't mean we have to stop being friends. We can still hang out like this. You can still come to my hotel and spend nights, nothing has to change."

Pulling away, his grey eyes looked in the other's frowning lightly. "I...I know you love me, and I don't deserve that love. I really don't. But just know an amazing guy will come around and fall head over hills for you. You're beautiful, and you're so sweet."

This was... this was a breakup?

Well, they weren't even dating, so it couldn't even be described as a breakup. Now, that really made him feel like shit. He couldn't even say that he was being dumped. He was... being dumped before he'd even started dating him! That was just awful. He was being pushed back from the idea of loving him, told definitively that nothing was going to happen. He'd clung to the hope that Isaac could see him as a romantic lover, but... but apparently that was just all one-sided and it was too far-fetched to hope Isaac could see him as a potential boyfriend.

"You... shut up, j-just shut up," he whimpered suddenly, his lip quivering as his heart felt like it was being broken into two. He'd argued with his family, his father had told his son he was disappointed in him, but he didn't care. He'd risked it all to pursue Isaac.

And it was all for nothing.

"...Are you... s-sure that... that you don't... like me? I-I thought we... we were great! I... I refuse t-to believe you don't like me, not even a little bit. My father has thrown me out of my home because I was... because I thought we w-were... I-I've been in a hotel for weeks because I chose you and... and my family hates me and I really thought we were going to d-date."

"....You shouldn't have, and I'm so sorry." Isaac grimaced, putting his ice cream down to take his hands in his own/ "You can come live in the hotel for a while, and I'm so sorry about your family. Love, you are amazing...And if I had met you first I could have fallen in love with you, but I'm in love with someone else." Wiping Brandon's tears, he felt....Guilt. He only felt guilt when it came to Montague, so this was new, to feel guilty for someone else.

But this was how it had to be. He loved Montague with everything in him. Montague was his entire world. And Montague knew everything about him and still loved him and Monty could be with him forever. Brandon...Brandon didn't know who he truly was. He was the one who nearly wiped his entire family out. He was a monster. And Brandon would one day die. Isaac didn't want to go through that pain again.

"So why flirt with me at the comic book store?! W-Why say I was beautiful and say you'd like to be my boyfriend when we first met? If... If you loved someone before meeting me, why... why trick and deceive me like that? Do you not see how... how mean that is? Was this all a huge game? A prank on me?" He whispered suddenly, his eyes, glassed with tears, suddenly pinpointed and focused on the man, staring at him in horror that he might have just been a pawn in some horrible, mean game. It seemed and sounded plausible, after all.

"I... I have to go," he urgently grimaced, fiddling with his seatbelt with his spare hand. "...I-I hate you, I really... really do. I was prepared to give up everything, I sat with you as you cried, I-I was there through it all, and you... you just... you never had any intention to date me, did you?"

"Brandon don't go...I...Why I started talking to you...I..." Isaac was debating whether to tell him a pretty lie, or the ugly truth. The truth would only hurt him more. Isaac didn't want to do that. A little lie would be best to go. "...Because I wanted to get over my...Ex I wanted to move on, and you were perfect. Adorable, sweet, and so innocent. You were everything I wanted, and you still are. I still want to be friends with you, but...I'm not right in the head okay? I can't get over my ex no matter what."

Looking down at his lap, he didn't know what else to say to make him stay with him. "I'm sorry okay. Sorry for hurting you, sorry for dragging you into a mess you didn't ask to be in. I'm just sorry for everything, okay? Please don't hate me, I still want you in my life, Brandon."