To say Monty was happy was a grave understatement. He was elated, so ecstatic that he felt light-headed-- which, as a ghost, was pretty redundant. He was hardly going to faint, but yet he still had that feeling, and it was surprisingly comforting to know that he wasn't going to fall unconscious. He always had a habit of fainting over the littlest thing when he was alive, so he had the safety of knowing that that could never happen again.

His happiness, however, was cut to a painful, brutal stop. His body not only began to glitch, it began to physically fade in front of his lover. He clung on tightly to him, as though that could prevent the inevitable, but he knew he was clinging to false hope the moment his hands, once again, just went through Isaac. His grip and his control of his materialisation had ended... but in cruel fashion.

Monty was used to Isaac not seeing him, but he always thought he could count on the tourists-- but Blaise's eyes widened in fear the moment Montague disappeared. Suddenly, Blaise couldn't see him, which reinforced the fact he had been talking to a ghost. It petrified him, really, as was clear on his face.

The moment Montague realised the tourist couldn't see him, he began to freak out. This... wasn't supposed to happen. He knew he couldn't control things properly yet, that he would disappear from Isaac until he learnt how to control it, but ti disappear from the tourists?

It was terrifying.

Although, he hadn't disappeared completely. He couldn't be seen, but his sobs were heard. They sounded faint, distant even, but the sound of him crying sounded out. His whimpers were clear before fading into silence again and it just made Blaise far more scared.

Who the hell wouldn't be scared of a ghost?

Isaac watched his eyes watering as he began to fade away. He held him tightly until he couldn't feel him anymore. He slipped away yet again. Tulip's eyes widen when she saw Montague's hand just slip through him. While Blaise and Isaac couldn't see him, Tulip still could. But he appeared to be....See through now. It was odd. And now she knew she was talking to a ghost. Instantly she passed out, unable to handle all of this.

Isaac heard the echoing sounding sobs and knew it was from Montague. He was having a panic attack. "M-Monty? Monty, I can still hear you, okay? I...I...I will figure this out...I'll do anything to have you back, okay love? I promise I won't sleep until you are in my arms again...You." He growled looking at Blaise. "You are going to help me."

"How... How do you want me to help? I... I can't see him! He's vanished, I... I feel sick," moaned the French man as he forced himself to stop the urge to struggle against the ropes. He didn't want to piss off Isaac anymore and he really didn't want to refuse to help him. He wanted to do anything BUT help, but... well, if he refused to help, Isaac could possibly just kill him and keep Tulip around. He had no need for the two of them, so if Blaise continued to be helpful, he could keep his and Tulip's lives.

"...I can't see him, I... I can hear him, faintly. It's like... ghost movies, right? Paranormal Activity and all of that, oui? Ghosts are heard and they make noises and they grab objects, but they aren't... seen, not a lot. I-It's pretty amazing that Monty managed to be seen by us, h-he's pretty smart," smiled Blaise as bravely as he could, staring into thin air at the sound of sniffles suddenly appearing again. "...What do... you want us to do? I... I'll help if... if you keep us alive."

"I'm going to untie you. Not your friend. You are going to research everything boy ghost, how to get in contact or how to bring them back. If you contact the police in any way, I will kill your friend. And I promise she will suffer." Growled the man, as he untied Blaise's ropes. Once he was done untying him. He picked Tulip up as if she weighed nothing. "Once you find something that helps, you can see her again. For now, she's going in a different room. So get to it."

Isaac wasn't stupid. In fact, he was smart. He noticed how Blaise begged for Tulip's life when he attacked them. And he noticed how Tulip kept trying to get close to Blaise when they were tied up. They loved each other, they had a bond, so they would do anything to save one another. So he knew Blaise would work harder if she wasn't in sight. Besides, he couldn't have Blaise trying to untie her.

So Isaac took Tulip, and he put her on a different floor in a completely different room. It was an hour later when she woke up in said room, frightened and alone. "Blaise! Blaise, where are you?!" She screamed sitting up, realizing she wasn't tied up. She got out of bed running to the door, trying to open it, but she was locked in.

Tulip may be locked in, but she wasn't alone. Blaise wasn't around and being around Isaac right now just made him sad. After their reunion, he didn't want to be around his lover. He knew he was hurting and Monty just felt like crying whenever he saw him. So, instead, the ghost decided that he would nervously sit in the room with Tulip. He didn't realise she could still see him, but he clearly thought there was a chance if he was sitting patiently for her to wake up.

When she did, he jumped to his feet and, in an attempt to stop her screaming, which would only anger Isaac, he hurried to pass through her arms and stand in front of her, trying to urge her back from the door.

"C-Can you even see me-- I-If you can, just... stop shouting, he'll get mad! Just... Just sit down and... and try to... be quiet. I-I'm trying to help you."

Looking at Monty, she squeaked and backed away, looking at him fearfully. Of course, she was scared, he just...Well went through her! Slowly sitting down on the bed, she nervously brought her legs to her chest, tears in her bright blue eyes, making them look like pools. "...Where's Blaise?....Has...Has he hurt him? I-I want Blaise..." She whimpered covering her hands as she began to sob quietly.

If Blaise was hurt she would lose her mind! He was her best friend. And he must be so scared right now, being all alone, with some...Some lunatic! Wiping her wet pink cheeks, she looked over to the ghost, seeing the sad look on his face. This was still....Montague right? The sweet boy she had met? "...Why is your...Lover doing this...What is he? If you...If you really...died all those years back, how is he so young?"

"I'm not entirely sure, honestly. I... This is the first time I've spoken to him in 67 years, Tulip. I've been alone all that time, it's been... hard. I don't know what I'm supposed to honestly do! I'm haunting this hotel and yet... even as a ghost, I'm a failure. Nobody could hear or see me, until now. It's... difficult, explaining all of this when I scarcely understand, but... just know I'm not an evil spirit looking to possess you, or whatever it is ghosts are reported to do. I... I like to pretend I'm still alive."

It was hard to continue believing that when he saw how transparent his body was. You could see through his body right now and it just reinforced the idea that he was dead; he was a ghost. He wasn't... a living, breathing entity any longer.

"Blaise is fine, I'm sure. I... I wish I could do more to help. I can't touch you, I can't tell Isaac to stop, I can't do anything. G-Gosh, I'm useless, aren't I?"

"...No, you're not useless." She mumbled, feeling sorry for Montague. He was just as confused as she was, and even more afraid. How terrible must it had been to just...Roam the hotel you died in, and no matter what you did no one could see or hear you. It must have been frustrating, and depressing.

Wiping her face clean, she calmed down, knowing that Blaise was alright. She was still frightened for him, but she decided to trust Montague...He didn't really lie to her...Well, It wasn't like he told her that he was alive, so he never technically lie to her. And Tulip was always a trusting person. Which wasn't all that good, but..Still.

"Monty...I...I think you maybe used too much energy...Maybe that's why you're so see through right now...You should maybe take it easy and maybe you'll go back to look normal."

"...Possibly. I... I've never managed to do this before. I think it's your presence that helps me. I can't explain it but you... you saw me without me even trying! Nobody in 67 years saw me before you, I... I just think we have a connection," he smiled shyly, taking a seat down on the chair. It was the only thing he'd perfected in all these years - he may not be able to always touch things, but he'd perfected being able to sit down and lay in bed, fortunately.

His life would be a hell of a lot worse if he had to constantly wander about without able to sit and relax for a while.

While Isaac had had a facade on, acting charming to cover his depraved monstrosity, Montague hadn't pretended to be something he wasn't. He was sweet; he was adorable. That was just him. Even if Tulip was downright petrified of him, it was never going to alter his personality. He was just naturally... lovable. His cute smile and innocent youthfulness probably helped with that, though.

"...I... I understand this is scary but I'm really not... terrible. Isaac's not terrible, not... not my Isaac. My Isaac is the man who brought me tea in bed and cuddled with me by the fireplace and... and who avenged me by making a success of my hotel. He's... he just loves me, Tulip. He wants me in his life-- I want that too! I... I disagree with his ruthless methods, though."

Looking at the ghost, she offered a half-hearted smile that didn't touch her eyes. "...I understand. I'll try and help you okay? I'll...Try everything I can so you and Isaac can be happy." She replied. But it wouldn't be like she would really get a chance. For about two weeks, she would be in that room. Isaac only came to bring her fresh clothes, and food, and drinks. Other than that he would leave her.

At night Isaac would lay in Montague's room and just speak to him. He would tell him how much he loved and missed him, talk about funny memories about when he was alive, everything. He would just keep talking so Montague wouldn't feel so alone. And it helped him too because even if he couldn't see him, he knew he was there. He had always been there. Montague was the only person who could make the monster in Isaac go away. Isaac wasn't evil when he was with Montague. He didn't kill, or anything. He acted like a regular human. And he wanted a regular human life with Montague.

One evening, he was with Blaise reading through a book when he found something interesting. To bring Montague back in his regular body, he had to get his old body, which was his skeleton, have it next to someone who was pure and sacrifice the pure being on a full moon. Blinking, he showed what he found to Blaise. "French boy, look at this. Do you think this is true?" He asked. Through the two weeks, he hadn't hurt Blaise. He even let him see Tulip once every other day for a few minutes, so he knew that she was okay and not dead. He only did that because Montague asked, otherwise he wouldn't give a shit. "Do you know someone who is pure?"

For two weeks, Blaise had been in absolute hell. None of what had happened made him happy. He lived every second fearing that he would be killed, or, at the very least, attacked by the monster sat next to him. Even if Isaac promised him his life if he helped out, which he did do, he still feared he could turn back on that promise without a justification.

The only happy moments in those two weeks came from Tulip. Seeing her for a few minutes a day just reminded him why he was busy helping a literal monster - her life was on the line if he didn't. He just needed to find out some valuable information, help Montague get his body back and then he and Tulip could leave-- and never ever come back.

So when Isaac mentioned that he may have found something interesting, Blaise fought hard to keep the relief from his face. It was until he heard the 'pure' remark that he quickly found his face rearranging into horror.

He assumed this monster was considering Tulip, and it horrified him that his friend may be sacrificed-- but he soon relaxed. Tulip wasn't exactly 'pure', assuming purity meant you had remained chaste and hadn't had sex. Tulip may have waited until she was 18, but she had had sex. Surely that didn't make her wholly pure, and thus saved her from a sacrifice... right?

"...Tulip and I aren't, how you say.. virgins. We've had sex," he mumbled, avoiding eye contact at all costs. "We aren't pure."

"Well, why don't you go find me someone who is pure?" Growled the man. "Aren't you a whore or whatever, it should be easy for you to pick out someone who's a virgin. Bring them back here, and once it's over and Montague has his body back you can leave and ever return, with your little girlfriend, or whatever she is to you." Mumbled the British man as he stood up.

"...You look like shit, and you smell bad too. Go take a shower and get dressed. You aren't going to attract anyone looking like some sick person." Mumbled Isaac. The only time he was a bit nicer to him was when he knew Montague was around. Lately, he could almost feel a slight difference in the air when Montague was around, so he would be nice when he was, but other times he was an asshole like now.

"....Don't go to a club, I don't think virgins go to clubs do they?" He thought to himself, wondering where they could find a virgin. "....Go to a place like a game store of a library...Yeah somewhere like that."

Biting back the urge to respond to the insults shot his way, the human weakly pushed himself to his feet. He was a lot weaker and sicker than he had been before all of this started. While Isaac gave him and Tulip meals, they were hardly hearty portions - it was usually boring, tasteless much that was the bare minimum to keep them ticking along. It wasn't enough to stop him rowing sick and lacking energy - without energy, he couldn't fight Isaac, which was probably the whole purpose of the small meals. To deprive him of the energy he needed to be able to cling to some hope of getting out.

"...How am I supposed to bring them? I... I don't feel comfortable bringing someone to their death. As you say, I'm... I'm not... attractive. You are. Why can't you head out and charm someone?" He battled wearily, hesitating with his eyes locking onto Isaac's finally. "You... You'd be better at it than I would. I... I can't run off, either. Tulip's locked up. I won't leave without her, so... so I won't run off."

Isaac's eyes narrowed as he looked at the other. "....Are you trying to piss me off? That's what you want don't you, you want me to just end your life here, huh?" Growled the man, gripping him by the collar, pulling him in close. He then tsked and pushed him to the ground. "...We are both going. So get up and get dressed, and try to look nice. If you don't your little Tulip will, oh how you say, se flétrir." Mocked the man as he walked out the room.

About two hours later were the both of them out in the city, looking for someone pure. Every little thing was annoying Isaac. The rowdiness of the people, the lingering eyes on him, it was enough to make him want to kill. But he had to remain calm. He was looking for one person. Someone who was pure, and he could sacrifice. He knew his little lover wouldn't like him sacrificing someone innocent, but that was just too bad. Montague had his life stolen, and he was innocent! Sometimes you just had to take things.

This... This was a nightmare.

Blaise felt like a monster. He felt like the man beside him. He was actively searching for someone 'pure', fully aware that he was only doing so to have them killed or 'sacrificed'. He was looking to send someone to their untimely, unjustified death, just so he could leave with Tulip. He would do anything to get her to safety, to get himself to safety...

But god, it didn't feel right. None of this felt right. He wasn't a bad person. He was kind and sweet and he loved people! This... This was all just too much. It made him feel terrible inside and he hated that feeling. But he had to go through with this, didn't he? He really didn't have a choice unless he wanted Tulip to get killed.

"...He seems pure," he muttered weakly, nodding towards a boy staring into the comic book store from outside, his eyes wide in fascination at the comics on display. "I mean, he... he looks kinda innocent, I guess. Sweet, you know?"

"...Good eye." Isaac complimented, smirking and ruffling Blaise's hair, only to freak him out. Isaac knew how afraid Blaise was of him. "Let's go talk to him....Ugh, this feels so wrong." Mumbled the monster, grimacing. Was Isaac the monster showing remorse? "My love is right at home, and I'm about to flirt with someone else...How terrible am I?" Grimaced the man. Nope...He was only feeling bad about flirting, not about taking the life of an innocent boy. Walking into the comic store, he looked at the boy to get a better look at him.

Of course. Blaise's slim hope that the man had a heart and a conscience disappeared. Of course he wasn't feeling guilty like Blaise was about approaching this poor human. He was only feeling guilty about having to flirt with him. It wasn't the sort of guilt Blaise wanted him to feel, but... well, he clearly did feel guilt. He wasn't immune to it, if it only applied to Montague.

Isaac seemed like a normal, loving man when he was around or talking about Monty, it was honestly bewildering.

When stood in the same store as the boy, Blaise's guilt skyrocketed. He was sharing the same space as this innocent bystander, knowing that, at any moment, the poor guy was going to have his life interrupted by the charming force that was Isaac.

Said boy was simply rifling through the comics when the other two entered. He was oblivious to them for a long while, too engrossed in the comic in his hands to notice anything going on around him, until happening to look up and spot the two men looking at him.

"Uh... Hey-- am I in the way or something? Am I holding your comic-- Ah, gosh, I'm a real klutz, I'm sorry."

1049.jpg

Isaac sat down across from him leaning his chin on his hand. His grey, almost silver eyes looking into the equally grey eyes of the boy's. The boy's eyes looked like an old white shirt that was washed with dark clothes too many times. They were that color grey. Offering a charming smile, Isaac shook his head. "You aren't in my way love. I was just watching you. You look really into what you were reading....What are you reading?"

Isaac looked so...Human right now. His features were soft, he looked so handsome, that smile in his eyes and that gorgeous curl on his lips. He looked so human and so handsome. That was how he caught his prey. By this act. Little did this boy know he only had until a full moon to live.

And it was pretty easy to see that Isaac had a profound effect on the surprisingly adorable -and obviously very pure- boy. His eyes lit up at having somehow gathered the attention of someone so attractive and he did his very best to hide the pink that crashed onto his cheeks, though it was impossible to hide behind the comic in his hand.

"I... it's just... some random comic, you know? I liked the design, it seemed rad," he babbled, adjusting his varsity jacket and fiddling with his hair, trying to make himself look more presentable. God, it wasn't every day a handsome guy chatted him up! It barely happened, in fact.

"...I, ah... are you sure you're in the right place? This is the comic book store, you're pretty... attractive. Are you sure you didn't mean to head into a trendy bar o-or something?"

He let a light chuckle escape his full lips, and he gestured to Blaise before speaking. "My buddy and I were heading out to a bar if I'm honest. But I saw you through the window, and thought you were cute." Purred Isaac, winking lightly at him. He could tell easily that this boy was already attracted to him. The pink cheeks, the fixing of the hair, the nervous smiles...It was everything Montague did when he first met Montague. Monty...He would be so hurt knowing he was flirting with someone else, but this is for him.

Lightly taking the comic from him, his eyes ran over it. One side of his mouth curled up, creating his famous side smile. "Ah, I see what you mean about the art style. Very nice. I'm Isaac by the way, cutie. My...nervous looking friend over there is Blaise. Blaise sit down, you're giving me anxiety." Chuckled Isaac lightly, and while the boy didn't have his attention on him, Isaac sent Blaise death glares.

"Please forgive him. He's French, I guess the French are a little strange." Laughed Isaac carelessly, looking at the adorable boy reaching to brush his dark locks from his eyes.