Hotel California

The hostess looks at the young man. "One moment, sir, if you would have a seat over there?" She motions toward some chairs in corner of the lobby.

He looks where she is pointing and heads over there. Then he sits down and looks around.

While Eli waits a cat walks up to him. It rubs it's face against his leg and purrs. It hops up into his lap, and looks at him, staring into his eyes with it's own, like rubies. Rubies, shimmering gems of red. Red, like fire, mesmerizing fire, dancing. Eli felt like he was falling, falling, falling...

"Shimi! Stop that! Leave the guests alone!" The hostess yells at the cat, whose eyes return to normal and leaps away from Eli, hissing. "Sorry about that," the hostess apologizes, "Shimi can act a little strange sometimes around our guests."

Eli gives a small smile and pets the cat. "Its quit alright. I don't mind."

"That would be great, thanks. Um... about payment?" He stood at the counter awkwardly, waiting to hear what the hostess would say. I'll probably end up having to work it off somehow. That didn't bother him. He was used to working off payments. Another one was no big deal.

"It's fine, we can get the rest of the payment at a later date. Welcome to the Hotel California, enjoy your stay." She hand Jack his room key.

She turns to Eli, sitting in the chair. "Alright, how may I help you this evening?" She smiles and readies her pen to check yet another guest in. Third one tonight, pretty busy for this time of day.

He stands up and looks down at her. "Yeah I would like a room please."

She looks down at the list of rooms available. "Alright, um... ah! Room 216 is open. Second floor, next to last on the left. Excellent balcony view of the pool. Is that OK, or would you rather I check again...?"

Taking the key, Jack gave another apologetic look. "That room sounds very nice. Thank you, Miss..." He stopped midway. I don't know her name... Oh well. He was exhausted by that point. He just wanted sleep. So he headed off towards the elevators. A quick ride in a dim elevator, and he was on the third floor. His room seemed nice enough, though it was still hard to tell in the dark. He threw off his shoes and coat, then took off his shirt in preparation for bed. It wasn't until he felt a chill on his bare skin that he realized the balcony was open. Curious, he decided to step out for a moment, just to see.

Eli smiles. "That's perfect."

"Alright. Just a moment." She signs him into the registry, and hands him the room key. "Welcome to the Hotel California, enjoy your stay."

He grabs the room key. "Thanks." he gives her a slight nod and walks to the elevator and presses the up button.

((I'm just going to to skip ahead to the next day, for the sake of keeping the thread alive))

The next day, the new guests were awoken to the sounds of a party out by the pool. It seemed like all the guests were there, including the Hostess. She was sitting in a lounge chair, wearing a long dress that exposed one leg, a white, wide-brimmed hat, and black sunglasses. She was watching everyone enjoy themselves in the sun while she herself sat underneath an awning, a butler looking man by her side.

Eli wakes up and walks out of his room

Jack awoke to the sound of partying outside. He looked over the balcony and saw what appeared to be a party down below. I probably can't attend, since I couldn't even afford a room, but... He decided to check it out anyway. Maybe the hostess would have an idea to help him pay his debt. He got dressed and made his way to the lounging hostess on the poolside. "Excuse me, Miss...?"

The Hostess looked at the boy who she remembered could not fully afford his room. "Chilandrra, Rachael Chilandrra. How may I help you, deary?"

Eli walks down the hall and then heads down stairs.

"Miss Chilandrra... Is there anything you want me to do to pay off my debt to the hotel? I'd be happy to work..." He hoped there'd be work for him to do. He didn't like owing people. It made him nervous... like many things.

Eli heads to the pool then looks around once he gets in.

Miss Chilandrra looked the boy up and down from over he glasses. She was devious and cunning, and usually got what she wanted. Especially men...

He looked a little young, though.

"I cannot think of anything I need done at the moment, but if I come up with something, I'll let you know, OK, deary?" She pulled he glasses off and looked at Jack, crossing her exposed leg over the other. "Is there anything you need? I am the Hostess, after all. It's my job to make sure my guests are happy."