Hot Guy x Geeky Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding some words, Layla glups and says, "I'm perfectly aware on how to meet a person...you just happen to take me off guard." She says firmly. "And now if you'll excuse I might clear my internet's history." She says shyly before heading back to her room and closing the door.

Rebecca laughs a bit and says, "she must really like you if she can't even stay in the same room with you."

Reactions: Don'tStray
Before he could even utter another sentence Layla went right back into her room, Roddy was left absolutely floored by her sudden departure once again. However as he watched her leave he attempted to form a sentence to make her stop but just couldn't & the remark from Rebecca didn't help either. "Geez you think? Lucky me." He made sure to sound as sarcastic as possible in his response to her. Roddy then quickly finished the beer & looked around for the trashcan, "So where do you toss the empties?" Rebecca pointed to the trashcan & he stood up to throw away his garbage, "So is it just you two here or does this mythical boyfriend of yours live here as well? Must be easy getting alone time with him considering how Layla is?"

• Love
Reactions: Ashlynn Wolf
"Oh no. Layla and Jack don't get along." She says and sighs, "well it's like this. She doesn't say anything to. She's really polite to him but he can't stand her. He thinks something's wrong with her and is really mean to her so I usually go over to his place. Layla had expressed one time for being uncomfortable with him around because he eats everything and made a mess once but she told me that in private. So he started to be really mean and picks on her so I tell him to not come over anymore." She explains. Layla has always been the girl to get bullied in school, especially from jocks and bigger males. "For a while I thought she was a lesbian but I guess not...she likes guys."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Roddy listened to Rebecca & felt anger swirl up inside him as she continued to speak, "No offense but this Jack sounds like a complete asshole." Probably insulting your host's significant other at the moment wasn't the best idea but he couldn't believe that someone would treat a gal like Layla that way. "& you just let him treat her like that? How could anyone hurt a gal like that is beyond me. "Y'know I may not know Layla but I know she doesn't deserve to be preyed upon by this jerk or anyone else either." Roddy himself wasn't sure why he had gotten so defensive on the matter but defending Layla seemed like the best thing to do.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"I know that and I told him if he did it again that I was dumping him." She says to him, a bit insulted. "That's why he doesn't come over when she's here but she's always here and so he doesn't come over." She says.

What Roddy didn't know was that Layla was listening and her blush only increased when he defended her. This wasn't helping at all! She already thought he was cute but now...he gained points. Though she wasn't a looked by any means. She knows that.

"Besides if you think how my boyfriend treats her is bad, you should see how her own twin brother treats her." Rebecca points out. "He's a frat boy who constantly parties and the two can't even be in the same room as one another. Otherwise she would be sharing a place with him."

• Love
He was beginning to notice a trend beginning to develop about Layla, her awkwardness made her a target & that was unfair. Rebecca sounded bitter about the face she was always there as if Layla was the reason her & Jack aren't doing so well. As he learned more about her problems it only made Roddy want to know Layla more personally. "Have any of you actually tried getting her out of the house? I'd be terrified to go out too if the people around me hardly defended me. Here y'know what?" He didn't know why but Roddy was compelled to attempt to fix this situation, he walked up to Layla's door & knocked, "Layla...I could use some help unpacking if ya don't mind besides I see how organized you can be...trust me I could learn from you...so want to come over?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Rebecca was surprised when Roddy got frustrated by a girl who he didn't even know and even more so when he goes to her door and knocks on it.

Layla was right by the door and was so scared that she falls to the ground when he began knocking on the door. She scrambles back to her feet and peeks out of her door, blinking twice and asks, "are you s-sure that you want me to help you?" She asks. She wouldn't mind...she likes organizing things and maybe it would be easier for to be around him.

Did she just fall over? He thought that to himself after hearing a loud crash from behind the door but instead of unusual silence Layla actually answered him. "Yes I am absolutely positive." Roddy was oddly happy that she didn't reject his idea completely in fact he was looking forward to the alone time with her. Then in a gentlemanly attempt he held his hand out for Layla to accept in the doorway, "So c'mon...lets get out of here."

• Bucket of Rainbows
The brunette blushes so much that she offers opens her door a bit and takes his hand. Maybe she was dreaming and this was all a dream in which a hot guy wanted to hang out with her. If this was a dream, then why isn't everything in anime style?

This wasn't a dream at all...was it?

• Love
He was stunned when Layla accepted his hand even more stunning was the sensation it sent through him. She looked absolutely amazing even when blushing, Roddy wanted to say that to her but just couldn't muster the courage to which was rare for him. "& don't worry she's safe with me besides I'm only across the hall." Roddy directed that last comment to Rebecca as he exited the apartment with Layla. He quickly grabbed his keys & unlocked his door, "Welcome to my pad...forgive the mess of course." He could stare into her eyes all day he thought.

• Love
The girl went with him and when she saw his apartment, the ticks in her head started to click and she went to work. She began moving boxes around and sorting through things. It drives her crazy if there was a mess close to her but but their roommate agreement, she wasn't allowed in Rebecca's room so she suffered in silence.

When she was in the zone, she didn't liked to be bothered with chit-chat so she was quiet, even while Roddy would try to talk to her.

About an hour and a half later, she was finished and the apartment was cleaner then it was before he moved it. She was that proactive.

All attempt for any conversation ceased & soon as they arrived at his place, Layla was thorough incredibly thorough & soon his entire apartment was done. "I cant believe it." Roddy thought it was take the two of them hours but somehow they did it all in barely over sixty minutes. "This is amazing! I can't thank you enough." Then without thinking of the consequences Roddy leaned in & gave Layla a hug, her body felt great against his.

• Love
When she was hugged, Layla stiffens up and was very uncomfortable hugging others. "Um...excuse me...please let go." This wasn't helping the fact that she was trying to get used to him. It wasn't always like this. She used to hug people all of the time with her old friends...then she made new ones and they didn't like hugs so she stopped and now it was awkward when she gave them.

Last edited:
Feeling the way he reacted Roddy knew immediately he overstepped his boundaries with Layla. Her following remark definitely cemented that theory & he let go quickly after. "Sorry..." He brushed some hair out of his eyes trying not to appear embarrassed. "This was much faster than I expected." Roddy paused choosing his net words carefully, "So...since we got some free time...wanna stick around & I don't know...friendly neighbor bonding?"

Layla was a bit awkward again and when he suggested to hang out or whatever, she asks him, "do you...do you like a-a-anime?" She asks him.

Roddy was actually shocked that she didn't just turn him down & go dashing out of the apartment. He was glad to see Layla was actually opening up to him but he didn't really watch anime but he also didn't want to break her heart either. "Anime? Uh...is that those cartoon with the half naked ladies who can rip dudes in half?" Roddy had seen what he thinks was animes back in high school after school, a show about girls in kinky outfits who saved the world or something. He then briefly pondered if Layla had ever dressed that way before but quickly erased the thought.

"They're not cartoons. They're anime." There was a difference. She didn't know which anime he was talking about but there was probably one about that. "I'll take that as a no then." She says and then asks. "What about video games?"

• Love
His ears perked at hearing her mentioning video games, "I'm a grown man...of course I play video games." Roddy walked over to his entertainment & opened one of the many doors revealing his games collection, "Had this already unpacked before you even got here, one of the first things I did." He was happy that possibly him & Layla could actually have something they can bond over now.

She looks over the games and was silent for a few moments by then pulls back. "These are not what I play. You don't have Skullgirls or even Mortal Kombat X. These are all the sports games and InJustice that my brother plays. These game stink." She says and gets up. "I better just head back to my place." Layla says in a disappointed sigh.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Well there went all the wind in his sails, there really wasn't pleasing this women it seems. Roddy sighed after Layla's insults & figured his attempts at kindness was worth a shot but might as well quite while he was ahead. "Then sorry I wasted your time." Roddy then plopped down on his couch & stretched out, placing his feet up on his coffee table. He looked defeated at his attempt to win Layla over but he knew a losing battle when he saw one, "I do appreciate all the help though."

Status
Not open for further replies.