Horizon High (My Hero Academia RP)

K

KthuluKhild

Original poster
HORIZON HIGH
2eaad07b91f922317a3e68e06dd97ede31422e4b_hq.gif

Many years ago, the world was in a state of utter chaos. Quirks; special abilities granted to seemingly normal people at the time, began to appear at a vigorously rapid rate, 80% of the world's population now holds some kind of quirk, leaving 20% 'Quirkless.' With the appearance of all these strange abilities, people began to riot, immersing themselves in chaos, becoming the first Villains. And then, the Heroes arrived, a new occupation of individuals who seek to use their Quirks for good, to protect the world from those that would use their Quirks for malicious reasons. Where the Police Force saw the use of Quirks as weapons as an unjust act, the Heroes filled this void, specializing in the use of their Quirks to stop crimes.

Now, in the present, the world has grown into a Super-Human society, the streets look like a comic-book panel, the most famous individuals wear costumes and the impossible is a reality. While the world rebuilt itself from a destructive and chaotic era, the world politically shifted and changed in favor of these newly arisen Quirks. Quirks were only the first step in this ever changing world, technology had grown with the reveal of these Quirks, with new, more innovative pieces of tech are invented every day as pieces of gear for Heroes, equipment to better the lives of people with Quirks and even insanely sentient Robots. Along with that, Japan has now risen as the worlds political (and literal) Super Power, having the world's most prestigious high school to train future Heroes, as well as being the home of the world's greatest hero of all time; All Might.

Our story however, doesn't concern Japan, that's a story you may already know. Our story focuses on a small high school in California, U.S.A. Horizon High. Though it's no U.A High, it's certainly home. While Japan revels in the joys of a drastically decreased crime rate and some of the best Heroes in the world, we in the U.S still suffer specifically from various acts of gang warfare. And, unbeknownst to even Me, something else was stirring underneath this small American school...something big... Something Dangerous

Hey ya'll! So I've had this idea for a RP set in the "My Hero Academia" universe, but with a few extra tidbits! Firstly, this is gonna be completely separate from the Anime. Whereas the anime takes place in Japan, this one takes place in the U.S.A, and even explores other nations and how they've handled the Quirk situation. Though references to U.A High and heroes such as All Might are gonna be a thing, I want this to be a bit more unique and allow more creative freedom for your characters, but at the same time allowing them to fit in perfectly with the My Hero Academia universe! Other than that, this is gonna be a solely AU Roleplay, as there are gonna be some things, such as the origin of the Quirks, that I am going to be tackling and changing up a bit in this universe, stuff that is most definitely not canon in the Anime or the Manga. Other than that, I hope I can get some people to join me! If I get enough people interested, I'll write up the OOC thread, along with the rules and character sheet, hope to see you soon!

Greetings! If you are reading this, you are probably interested in genetics, science and, most importantly, the Big Question; "What is a Quirk?"

Well, first an introduction! I am Dr. Harutoshi, head of Genetic Studies at Japan and I specialize specifically in the genetics revolving around Quirks! Now, recently my studies have revealed something remarkable about Quirks that were seemingly unheard of until now, a theory of mine if you will!
Now, we may not know the true origins of Quirks just yet, but we have all agreed to at least one conclusion; Quirks are all genetic, even if they seem almost like impossible witchcraft at this point, they can be passed down just like eye color, ethnicity etc.

fBhCKaY.png

Now the most common phenomenon is where the offspring's Quirk is based off of a coin flip in a sense, either being that of the mother's or the father's. The example I'll be providing is that of a Fire mother and an Ice father.

x7Gd03P.png

There are also, of course, the rare cases of Composite Quirks, where the parent Quirks are compatible enough to come together in the offspring as a singular Quirk. This acts as a fusion of the two Quirks, most commonly having one slightly favor the other (more ice abilities and very slight fire manipulation), but there are rare cases of the two Quirks being completely compatible with one another, to the point where they can even empower one another.
7r38ugQ.png

Now however, new phenomenon has been recently discovered in the genetics of Quirks; Variants. Sometimes, the offspring can retain a Quirk unlike any of their parents, not exactly a fusion of the two like a Composite, but a mutation of a singular Quirk. Despite the drastic difference in the offspring's Quirk, they are genetically very much still related to their parents in every other way. Sometimes, the mutation can be so drastic that it's a completely new Quirk altogether, rather than a different version of their parent's Quirk.

Now, the origin of this strange, rising phenomenon you may ask? Well my theory is that the mutations in one's Quirks may be activated from other, more recessive genes in the parents. the Fire mother for instance can have a distant relative who is more Poison related, leading to the activation of a distant gene such as that, or the mutations can just be so drastic and random that a completely new and unique Quirk is born out of it! Knowing this, we've been able to trace down the line of Quirks way before the incident of the Luminescent Baby in China, Ancient Quirks. Historically, every culture has their share of the strange, supernatural and unexplained. Gods, goddesses, demons, spirits etc. We've recently been able to find small clues to the idea of Quirks existing possibly since the dawn of humanity, even if they were much, much rarer then today! Though the origin of Quirks are still unknown, this is simply one step forward towards the answer!

Reactions: Cush Almighty
I may be interested. Do you have an idea of how many people you want in the rp and would you allow someone who has two quirks such as Todoroki does from the anime/manga?

I may be interested. Do you have an idea of how many people you want in the rp and would you allow someone who has two quirks such as Todoroki does from the anime/manga?

Really depends on how many people are interested
And two quirks are fine, just nothing too OP of course!

Hhnnnn.

I've done quite a few MHA RPs already... Got a good cyber oriented character and stuff.. so...

I don't think it'll hurt to join a 2nd one so I'm in for this.

I had to drop out of the last MHA RP I was going to do for personal reasons, but this seems like a pretty good time.

Nice! If we get at least 2 more people, that makes a perfect cast of Five.

Oh, good timing, since I've recently gotten into My Hero Academia! I think I might join this rp, if you don't mind c:

I'll give a tentative interest as I'd like to see how in depth the other characters will be. I got a character from an older rp I can de-age to make him applicable to a U.A style roleplay. His quirk is basically solar energy absorption, and manipulation. Basically he can absorb electricity (in lesser amounts), and light from the sun to power his quirk that allows him to unleash explosive discharges, or form simple hard light constructs. His weakness lies in that he can run out of energy faster than he can absorb it, and that if he's placed in a damp, dark, secluded area he essentially has to work with what he has and renders his quirk null.

Love me some superhero RP, and MHA is a load of fun. Definitely interested. Got a Gravity power I used for an old Fairy Tail RP that feels like it'll translate well into MHA.

Hello there. I'd love to express interest as well, if you are still accepting. I currently have a character already in mind - although I may have to change him a tad to fit the American setting. His quirk is called 'Shadow's Embrace'.

interested. we just need to decide what are the limits of quirks

I'm interested if this is still accepting.

I'll join simply because the anime is fun