Horizon Demon Hunter Academy: REVAMPED!!! (OOC and Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triple Post King here!

I am going to finish editing my Angel, and then begin the first post. Now before that I would like to mention how events will transpire in the RP. I will likely repost this on the Opening post so it is easily accessible.

now it will look something like this

-a few days of training and free time (to provide first year humans with demons) This won't be that long. It will really be just to open character interaction and establish relationships
-We will skip ahead a few days to the first mission where characters will be separated into Squadrons and will experience our first combat posting section.
-From that point on it will be free time where characters can relax, train and take on requests, allowing for some mini-gming.

Every once in a while i will make an announcement post establishing a major mission similar to the first mission. These will generally be for the plotline

Reactions: PandaChu
I will be absent until Monday. Sorry, I'm doing a lot of traveling.

I'll also likely be quiet tomorrow due to travel. But I did have an idea for a second character, if I choose to run another. That being someone based in part on the concept of a sin-eater, although probably changed a bit. Either they take their demons into their own bodies as part of their pact, or perhaps have done something even more literal (and probably forbidden) and straight-up replaced a limb with that of a demon or something.

Ayumu Makoto, #CC99FF

Year: He is a 5th year student

Theme:

Appearance: Ayumu is around six feet in height, and at a modest 275 pounds--He's not very frightening to look at. However, that all goes out the window when his normally black hair becomes silvery white and his brown eyes turn a very vivid red when he allows his sword to take over. He is always seen carrying his sword no matter where he goes. His clothes normally are disheveled; wrinkled sleeves rolled up part way, tie skewed to one side or the other. He does smoke, always seeming to have a cigarette at one point or another. Old habits die hard.
=============================================================================

Personality: Ayumu is a very straight forwards young man. Bright and perceptive, he's confident. Enough so that if he sees something worth the effort, he won't hesitate to go after. While some would call him headstrong or obstinate he's had to fight for everything he has.It wasn't given to him and he wasn't born prodigious, his strength of will helped him survive when hesitation was only seconds away from death's door step. It's remarkable what his will is capable of, it brought him to new heights. His family wasn't so lucky, and it is the death of his little brother and the powerlessness in that situation, that led him to become the man he would later be.
Ayumu wasn't born a prodigy, however with perseverance and determination he certainly made himself into one. A top swordsman coupled with the Muramasa's legendary cutting power made for a formidable combination. He follows the tenets of Budō, a term that refers to the idea of formulating propositions, subjecting them to philosophical critique and then following a 'path' to realize them, and Bujutsu. Budō and bujutsu have quite a delicate difference; whereas bujutsu only gives attention to the physical part of fighting (how to best defeat an enemy), budō also gives attention to the mind and how one should develop oneself.

-He adheres to the tenets of Bushidō which are: Rectitude, Courage, Benevolence, Politeness, Veracity, Honor and Loyalty.

-He enjoys classical music to take light naps with, and more traditional music from his native land, for when he polishes and cleans his sword. A sword that no one else can use but him. It refuses to cut anything but what his blood wants to cut.

- Is sarcastic, and cynical, but protective of those weaker than he is.

- When his sword isn't drawn, he defers to Battōjutsu, a sword drawing art. To draw and strike in one lightening fast motion. However, once drawn he defers to Watōjutsu, a sword style that he taught himself. It is composed of the speed and slashing style of kenjutsu and the strength and flexibility of the typical Chinese sword art.

- His sword type is a Tachi. (太刀) A sword that is generally longer and more curved than the later katana, with curvature centered from the middle or towards the tang, and often including the tang. Tachi were worn suspended, with the edge downward.

Demons:

1.Daitengu- Tengu were disruptive demons and harbingers of war. The tengu in art appears in a large number of shapes, but it usually falls somewhere between a large, monstrous bird and a wholly anthropomorphized being, often with a red face or an unusually large or long nose.

2. Byakko- A massive, ghastly tiger that had saber-toothed teeth that could bite through rock and rend iron with its claws.

3.Yamata no Orochi- Multi headed serpent named after the legendary dragon which Susanoo killed. Has the body of a immense serpeant, and several heads like that of a crocodiles.

4. Suzaku- Immense flaming bird of Hell, emits flames and who's tears are corrosive.

5. Gashadokuro- This demon is pretty simple — it's a giant skeleton made of the bones of people who have died from starvation. They wander around, grab their victims and bite their heads off, drinking their blood, and adding their skeleton to the pile.

Skills: The skills and abilities he's gained through various conflicts, typically fall under the physical element, rather than magical ones. The abilities are sealed in his sword, when it draws his blood he is able to use the abilities he's gained.

Nerves of Insanity (Demon sword only): Nerves of Insanity bulges the nerves in his body, making him far more perceptive to things around him. His strength, speed and ability to react become increasingly more powerful. This is caused by continually active brain state because the sword keeps him functioning at all times. However, it is a double-edged sword that lowers his defensive capabilities of being struck physically, increasing the pain greatly due to his increase nerves, as well as through his extremely heightened senses, thus it can be used against him.

1.Martial Prowess- Since Tengu are excellent martial artists able to fight both with a weapon and without, defeating a greater Tengu bestowed upon him a wealth of martial knowledge.

2. Tiger's Reflexes- Despite the beasts size, the tiger Byakko had amazing reflexes. He now holds the essence of this beast in the Muramasa granting him is ability to dodge at break-neck speeds.

3. Limitless Body- Is able to control every inch of his body, pushing it to the brink of normal human standards. He can be double jointed at any location and bend his body to be as limber as can be.

4. Pheonix Flame- Emits the same dark purple-blue flames; can be either unleashed with his sword or gathered around his body.

5. Regeneration- Ayumu has a regenerative factor, one that can heal near fatal wounds, and maiming. Though, the more serious the wound, the longer it takes to heal it. He can not survive decapitation.

Weapon Specialty: Swordsmanship, Hand-to-Hand, Transformations

Weapon(s):Muramasa(Demon Sword)
yhst-19369592836979_2263_84988521

History: When the decision to move the remnants of humanity to Horizon occurred, it meant salvation for the vast majority that still existed. However...it also meant that those still trapped behind enemy lines were doomed to be statistics, casualties--acceptable losses in comparison to the view point of "the grander scheme of things". One such family had to live in terror every day. The Makoto bloodline endured, it had for generations, and generations to come until one day...

Ayumu was but thirteen when he witnessed the slaughter of his family. By then he was already an accomplished swordsman though he did not yet wield a demon blade. One such weapon was sealed away by his father, a Sōhei of considerable skill. The sword was deemed too dangerous for anyone to hold. It had been made of a black meteor that fell from the gateway that gave the sword a nearly indestructible form with an edge that never dulls. However the blade was anything but perfect. Inside lie a dormant demon that had existed even before the blade was forged. It had been trapped inside the meteor and its body given new shape--a never rusting, ever sharp weapon that thirsted for blood.

The sword had been given the name Muramasa from the Muromachi Period of Japan's history.These blades were made so well, that many soldiers in the wars of years past, on both sides of the conflicts, died by them and thusly they were deemed demonic. This Muramasa was indeed a demonic blade. The soul of a demon so evil it had been locked away by other demons. It devoured its own kind; feasting insatiably on the flesh of other demons. It craved blood and anyone who dared to try and awaken its latent powers were driven mad with bloodlust.

See the blade wouldn't cut without tasting blood of its user first. That is until a certain someone who'd given in after the massacre of his family, bled on it and awakened the demon inside. Tasting its master's desires, his whims and feeling his bloodlust for demons--it obeyed and heeded his call. It's hunger was absolute, and at first it seemed young Ayumu was to be taken over. Yet, Ayumu's willpower to see demons exterminated proved indispensable when faced with the swords overwhelming ferocity. One could say his will was simply stronger than the sword, though that'd be putting it lightly.

When all was said and done, he'd killed the demon who attacked his family and made it to Umezawa. He was unaware the sword's power to capture the essences of demons. So when his power proved...problematic he was entered into the Demon Hunter Academy. It's been a few years since then, and his power has only grown. Though with that power, the hunger too has grown. The sword hardly lets him sleep anymore, and he can't stand to be without it. When its not on his person, near him, or being wielded--it calls out to him.

Last edited:
Looks good. I might wait till you add a history or powers and demons because I wanna give him a cool nickname. Though right now "The Samurai" or "The Honorable". but we shall see. Accepted till then

And until i dig up a good ultra-greatsword image, I think I'm done messing with my sheet for now.

Looks good. I might wait till you add a history or powers and demons because I wanna give him a cool nickname. Though right now "The Samurai" or "The Honorable". but we shall see. Accepted till then
Haha,why not both? "The Honorable Samurai".

Then again, he is pretty cynical about the whole thing.

@St. O'possum
It is indead just the normal standard type of tarot deck, but with magic infused in them.

Is it possible to have past relations? I kinda wanna have Luseia know some of the people in her grade level or above if possible but if you want your character to gradually develop then I'm fine with that, I just wanted to know if you guys like the idea ^^;

So I don't normally do these types of Rps, but the premise sounds good. Besides, I love me some demon slaying. I'll try to have a App here sometime soon.

Is it possible to have past relations? I kinda wanna have Luseia know some of the people in her grade level or above if possible but if you want your character to gradually develop then I'm fine with that, I just wanted to know if you guys like the idea ^^;
I'm cool with that. It'd honestly be a bit weird if all the characters who have been at the academy for years somehow don't know each other at all. I mean, sure, it's possible they never met beyond in passing, but they should at least have that sense of "hey, I know you."

I'll probably finally get a post in the IC tomorrow. Meantime, well, if anyone would want to discuss stuff about how they might already know Elise, throw a PM my way, or something.

Of course! These first days in the rp are for establishing relationships. Whether they existed already or are just being made

Elise could like Makoto. XD

looks good. I'll add it to the list. Feel free to post

Hey, St. O'Possum could you add this to my CS on the IC's Main page. It is her theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.