Horizon Demon Hunter Academy: REVAMPED!!! (OOC and Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree. A lot of humans too. :D
Now we wait to see who's accepted and whatnot~

My character will be both comedic and slightly.. Disturbing. I look forward to it alot.

Reactions: PandaChu
I was also going to make an angel. I'm a bit tied up at the moment so my CS will pop up sometime tonight

Are y'all still accepting? Because if you are, I would love to sign up.

95de4dc90f35807bef795b9b0d2c19fc-d7nsijw.jpg

Name
Donovan Glade

Year
3rd year

Personality
In the Realm of Heaven, not everything is pure and innocent. Donovan contrasts the ideal angel. While most are believed to be good-natured and fighters of justice, Donovan is less so. Donovan is tricky, underhanded, and egotistical. While not inherently evil or malicious, his qualities aren't exactly pure, either. Self-serving and power hungry, Donovan cares little about how he achieves his goals, only that he succeeds. Still, he is an angel and he does have some semblance of ethics and morals, no matter how loose they might be. He will still fervently fight against the Demons and the threat they pose against the humans. Otherwise, he is cruel and calculating, always looking for the highest profit for himself.

History
Donovan wasn't like other angels. He was shunned by a lot of his peers when he was younger. The others thought he wasn't fit to be an angel. "Too greedy" or "Doesn't play well with others" were some things that people said about him. While it didn't seem to have an effect on the surface, it hurt him deep on the inside. It caused him to be more closed off and only served to make those characteristics stronger. Donovan became more withdrawn from the social spectrum.

The introvert Donovan found solace in his studies and practices. With all the time spent alone, his grades and skills soared, at the cost of his reputation. People knew him as greedy and self-serving and he embraced it. Everyone's opinions of him had already fallen greatly, he might as well give them what they expected from him. He fulfilled that role perfectly. Donovan became dishonest and obsessed with power. Everything he had done was usually to make himself better, from his social interaction to his studies. He worked hard (with only a light bit of cheating) and eventually landed a spot in the prestigious Horizon Academy.

It was here at the Academy where he began to have fascination with humans. All of his life, he had spent in the gates of Heaven. He wasn't sure where the fascination sprang from, but he wanted to know more about the humans. It's exactly what he got during his first year at Horizon. He was normally stationed at the academy but he was exposed to life with humans as well. Humans were a lot weaker than angels, but there was something about them. They were tenacious and possessed surprising power. The way they could tame demons fascinated him as well.

Eventually, he finally got his chance to down to Earth. He landed in Bismark and was captivated by what the humans could do. Here, he picked up a set of pistols and it complimented his magic well. He honed his gunplay and excelled at it. Of all the Human Safe Havens, Bismark and it's technology remained his favorite place.

Weapon Specialty
Pistols

Weapons
Ampere and Volt, a pair of pistols that he had acquired in Fort Bismark during one of his excursions to Earth.

Skills
Pulse: Donovan gathers electricity in his hand before firing it at his target.

Flash: Electricity courses throughout Donovan's body and he becomes the source of a blinding light.

Conduction: Donovan's body becomes pure electrical energy and is able to travel through metals and other conductors.

Lightning Bullets: Donovan's shots are imbued with his electric powers. They have a shocking quality to them.

Miscellaneous
Donovan is a compulsive liar. He lies, a lot. Even when he doesn't mean to, he may say something that's less than the truth.

Donovan has a soft spot for humans. He is fascinated by the nature of human beings.

Donovan is an agile fighter, dodging and flying while unleashing a torrent of bullets upon his target, but he can't take too many hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright. I am going to add all made characters and by the way, everyone is allowed to make at most TWO characters for now. But you don't have to. I am actually in the process of making an angel. That said people will prooobably recognize her

Reiko Watanabe

Year: Two
34j53cy.jpg
tumblr_lntd6tDRlB1qbq4v6o1_500.gif
tumblr_mprbtqOFRe1r2vcn2o1_500.gif

Personality: She's soft spoken and uses very small and brief statements to describe how she feels and won't elaborate. She's highly expressive which makes up for her lack of general wordiness. She's also a highly socially intelligent person. She knows lots of things about deduction and how humans react to things and how their brain works in subconscious to affect their consciousness. She comes off cold and reclusive, because she is for the most part. She's fine staying at home and minding her own business. She usually plays pc games in the alone time she has. But she opens up to people she knows. It's because she doesn't trust very many people other than people she has an emotional connection with. She's also someone who likes to hide within their own thoughts. She is very outgoing in her dreams despite her awkwardness in real life situations. Sjhe's extremely blunt which causes some people to dislike her, but she feels lying to others would betray their trust even if the truth is ugly and painful.

History: Normal childhood to say the least. She has two sisters, all with black hair and black eyes. Same with her mother and father and her one baby brother. Her mom's last name is Watanabe and her fathers last name is the same but they aren't at all related. She lived in a middle class home. She was under strict and traditional parent hood which led her to be very intelligent at a young age. It also led to her strict regimen, self-suffiecency and self-control. (HISTORY IS A W.I.P)

magical_scythe_by_jonfarnold-d5wbpwi.png

Her weapon, the bottom glowing crystal is magic and when the scythe it magnifies sound waves and she can aim them at people which will shove them somewhere, the direction the wave is going, and hurt their ears.

StaffOfAsha.png

This is her staff Argos, it amplifies other peoples/demons power tenfold for 30 seconds then can't be used on the same person/demon for an hour

magic-sfaff-girl.jpg

This is Yggdrasil, her staff can manipulate the mind and create illusions of Reiko so it seems like there are more of her
1600x1280.jpg

This is Circe, her staff causes compassion. It makes someone feel bad for or feel as if they love (platonically, not romantically) the other.
konachan-com-82495-blue_hair-cape-caster-fate_stay_night-magic-mihane-staff-weapon.jpg

This is Helena, her staff causes those purple platelet things you see in the picture that can be used for transportation or defense

Skills:
WitchBlade: Her blade seems to grow longer, sharper and absolutely terifing to the other person, amplifying Yggdrasil's power
Heavens Song: Reiko's singing is amplified by her scythe and it makes Reiko look like the one that person holds most dear, amplifying Circe's power
Gravity: Reiko's weight goes down, allowing her to be more agile and jump from platelet to platelet, amplifying Helena's powers.
Oh and accepted

How many people do we need to start? Also would be able to compile a list of accepted characters on the front page.

Well i want it to be a bit more aesthetically than just a list. I can do it, so there is no need to worry

I am accepted right?

Still a work in progress. Looks (mostly, digging around for art) and weapon mostly a bit up in the air. But about time I posted this.

Name: Elise Schwartzchild
Year: 5
Appearance

Personality: Elise usually doesn't seem to be very serious, and prefers taking it easy and making sure everyone is in high spirits and having a good time. She's always willing to lend a sympathetic ear, and does what she can to support and protect everyone. While she's good-natured and full of bravado, it's probably to conceal her own weakness or misgivings. She acts as something of a "big sis" for her underclassmen, supporting and encouraging them however she can. If it really came to it, she'd do what she could to protect them or buy time so they could safely escape. She is, however, a little sensitive about her missing eye.

History:
Elise is someone of angelic blood descended from humans, or more properly parents who themselves had some latent angelic heritage. Some purists among the Heavenly Hosts would likely call her a "nephilim," although others would probably consider it a slur. While one might think such a child would lead a charmed life, it hasn't quite been that easy. She doesn't exactly fit in either Heaven or normal human society, and is sometimes looked down upon by both her parent races. Humans might envy her for her abilities, and angels may see her as impure.

Elise grew up on the floating continent of Horizon, and for much of her life, only had stories to really know what the Earth was like. Books told her about before all Hell literally broke loose, and rumors or the occasional traveler or news report brought information about the world as it now was. She eventually decided that she had to use her power to do something about it. The world needed heroes, and if she could make a difference, she damn well would. Little did she know just what she was getting into.

Elise entered the academy years ago and has made a name for herself through hard work and a good bit of luck. Most notably, she has survived a few run-ins with demons of some power, and has the scars to prove it. Elise lost her eye in what was probably her best-known fight, or at least the one with the most rumors circulating about it. Most say she fought and single-handedly defeated a powerful demon, and still others say the demon isn't dead, and both it and Elise are looking for an opportunity to settle things for good. Elise rarely talks about it, or her other missions. She isn't too fond of reliving old memories, and it's a simple fact that she's lost friends and comrades over the years.

She feels at home at Horizon, not only because it holds a number of humans and angels, but also others like herself. She isn't alone there, nor does she feel judged for her heritage. What she can do matters. At some point, she earned the nickname "Evil Eye," either for that sphere associated with her gravity powers, or simply her eyepatch. She isn't too fond of the nickname either way.

Weapon Specialty: Sword
Weapons:
A sword which is easily as big as she is, and quite broad. It seems impossible that anyone should wield it, certainly someone of Elise's build, but she has no problems swinging it around one-handed. As one might expect, such a weapon has a long reach and can deal huge amounts of damage with a single stroke, but it is rather slow and leaves ready openings for counter-attacks between swings. Outside of being easily wielded by those who can attune themselves to it, the sword has no apparent supernatural abilities.

Skills:
Flight: Being an angel, she has wings and can fly. Her wings, when they're active and visible, take the form of several streamers of light extending from her back and shoulders, and allow her to fly or hover.

Gravity Control:
Elise can manipulate gravity to some extent. When her gravity-controlling powers are active, a small black sphere manifests near her, and it is through this sphere that she actually effects her influence. Destroying or damaging it may well disrupt her abilities for some time...

Elise can alter gravity in various ways, some more useful than others. She can increase gravity in a small area to slow or pin down anything within it, or she can change the direction of "down" for herself or others, usually to help allow for unexpected positioning, especially for anyone who can't fly. Her other main application is to enhance her attacks, adding additional force behind melee strikes or warping space to affect a larger area. She's quite fond of bending her lasers using gravity fields.

Light manipulation:
Elise can also create and manipulate light to some extent. She never needs a flashlight. But mostly, she throws lasers around for ranged attacks. Either she has no further skill, or has chosen not to develop her powers further.

Miscellaneous:
Overuse of her powers is taxing on her body. Powers "hang up" if used too often or too strongly, limiting what she can do in a fixed period of time. And usually doing so when it is the least convenient, of course. Potential future temporary upgrade with fancy angelic armor, etc that carries a permanent price for rising above her usual station, in the form of debilitating her somehow.

I'll cut down some power/skill stuff if I need to. I'm not even sure if they should be specific, named effects or more general umbrellas like what I've got here. I'll revise everything accordingly.
If you want MORE, well...
Gravity-based shields to protect herself or others are an easy enough way to branch out. As would be illusions or similar effects using light.

She's older and been around a while, but since that's all backstory, it's all irrelevant. Actually amounting to anything notable would be something to happen in game.

Last edited:
accepted, and we have a new angel as well. I have made mine, but I still need skills

So i have added a list of accepted characters to the opening post. Now i just need to decide on powers for my angel...

That's a pretty awesome list. If you need ideas for powers/skills, I'm always happy to help brainstorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.