Horizon Demon Hunter Academy: REVAMPED!!! (OOC and Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might give this a shot, although it'd take me a while to cook something up. And most of my usual go-to things are probably not available. Can't be appropriately old, probably can't be some kinda cyborg or android, and so-on. But hey, this academy needs some angels or something ,so I could just pull out one of those. I probably won't even be cheeky and pull out the really bizarre Biblical descriptions for angels.

Please allow me to reserve a character. I'll have it up soon!

I wanna make a demon that infiltrated the academy. Maybe neutral aligned who kinda doesn't care either way but still has to report back to the demons and whatnot
Demons would have to be a humans demon, or a "Greater" demon, which would qualify as a "villain" (though he can still be neutrally aligned. Please pm me about it further. This is strictly because I have a story.

Also, yes I am here. Just got to a computer sorry. Pleased to see all these new faces! feel free to take your time

probably can't be some kinda cyborg or android
5688-562323244.jpg

Go ahead. But make it rustic cyborg, and at a minimum as it is Lukas's defining physical trait

I see you're still accepting so i'm just gonna post my CS.

Name: Rolan Hartfield
Year: 2(How many years have they been at the academy? 1-5)
Appearance(Pics or Wall of text or both. Anime pics highly prefered):
Roxis.jpg
Personality:(A few descriptive words or an entire explanation is fine) Rolan is a typically very serious male who doesn't joke around when not necessary to lighten the mood. He is always thinking ahead.

History:(At least two good sized paragraphs) Rolan Hartfield was like most of the other humans that decided to come to the academy, but in a way, a great deal different as well. Since a young age he's always heard whispers in his head, warning him of the future events he'd have to take in. Almost as if a constant whisper was happening to him, this in turn, made him become a fairly solitary being who tends to keep to himself.

Eventually he decided to try and get a spot in the academy to keep his mind distracted from the constant whispering that had infiltrated his mind. Only then did he learn of the powers that could dwell within him. Since the first day of the first year he had studied as much as possible about the demons that descended many years ago.

Weapon Specialty: Tarot Cards(ONE weapon of your choice)

Weapons: Rapier, Deck of Magic Tarots(Go crazy. This means weapons can be super mechanical, or even magical)

Demons: Gryphon.(A gryphon is a large chimeran like animal with an eagle's head, hawk's wings, lion's tale, and large suited body to fit all such features. They are typically seen as divine beings, but are also demonic in some cases. In this case, it is a demon that serves as a guardian. It is his voice in his head that would constantly whisper to him.
Maximum
1st year-2
2nd year-3
3rd year-3
4th year-4
5th year-5
(Please add an appearance, name, and a few abilities for each demon)
Skills: Galewind(he can summon powerful winds through ordering his gryphon)Through channeling with his gryphon as if it were a familiar he can summon arcane magics from his tarots, such as light magics, wind magics, and fire magics.

Miscellaneous: He has an extreme weakness for cute things, such as kittens. They immediately render him into a babbling idiot of 'let me pet it.'

Last edited:
@darnerdemons For the most part it looks fine, but first assignment is to make sure first years without demons obtain one. While skill is definitely a contributing factor, humans without demons would be annihilated were they to fight a powerful enemy.

@Aristotle Go ahead!

@St O'possum
How about now? Is this better? I edited it.

Name: Monica 'Gadget' Farez
Year: 2
Appearance:
8cdeca3f3e6cf7f2fa516055535beca8.jpg

Standing nearly 5 foot 10 inches she is tall for a girl in general. Beyond that fact her long hair normally can be seen glistening from a good distance away. Her green eyes seem to almost glow and stare as if looking into another world behind you. (No Eye Patch)

Personality:
To say she is crazy is an understatement. Some say she lost her mind when she saw a person get torn to pieces in front of her and other said she was always that way. It matters not which is true as her personality is as scattered as her mind normally is. She is a curious individual and a very outgoing person. She can normally speak concise sentences but can often get onto rants describing things people have no idea how to do or how to work but her self. She is intelligent beyond words and she is always found messing with something either it be a corpse or something mechanical.

In combat she develops a sort of rage that drives her forward without worry about those around her. She is completely beyond reasoning with when this surges into her. Some call it Demonic possession but the truth is that she loves the fury and blood of combat with a demented curiosity.

History: Monica's past is about as dark as the demon's themselves. She grew up within Fort Bismark which for most would be ideal regarding the safety of it all. Her parents were well known engineers and scientists within the human kind and often left the safety of the fort to seek out anomalies and artifacts that may aid those surviving. It was on one of these exhibitions around the age of eleven that she and a friend of hers went with her parents.

The unthinkable happened in that moment far outside of the gates. They were attacked and her family slaughtered in front of her by an electrical demon. The very 'Anomaly' they were coming to check. This impact left her mind scarred as she saw her friend be consumed mere inches from her. It was in that moment that she did something that tricked the demon. The moment the demon reared its massive head towards her she raised her hands "I'll work with you!" She said specifically keeping the word 'Serve' out of it.

The demon reared back and stopped moving its massive talons towards her. It didn't speak but heard a voice in her mind "What do you have that… assists me.." It said to her. Monica grinned "I have knowledge…" She said making it laughed loudly "What do you have that I! Lord Z'eklaz! Lord of the Mechanical, Technological and Electrical Demons do not already have! That bastion…. That... Monstrosity stands in my way… Give me that.." It roared in her mind making her wince. She simply blinked. "Well…. I know of a certain tunnel… I also know the password… I just need something from you." She said to it out loud. Z'eklaz laughed again "There is no such tunnel… Do you try to seal your death...? Child..." It said in return.

Monica shook her head and now stood up making it bring its head closer. "You... Stand up in my presence.. a mere child! I was leading the demonic forces against your kind... now you stand! Ha!" It roared out loud in a voice that made her ears scream. Monica snarled "Of course I do! I do not sit in the presence of death!" She said with her clothes covered in blood from her family being slaughtered. Z'eklaz tilted its head "You… have potential…" It said before it stood to its full height of nearly five stories. Monica looked up as it grew and noticed how its form seemed to phase out ever so slightly. 'That is how we didn't see it…' She said in her own mind. The Demon looked back down "What do you say, girl… for your life… me to this gate." It said.

Monica nodded "Oh, For my life I wish for one in return." She said suddenly. It looked down snuggly "Of course… When we counquer I will make it so." It said in her mind. Monica grinned "No, I want it ahead of time." She said quickly. The Demon seemed to shrug "Fine, To this gate now…" It said to her before she looked about at the blank faces of her dead friends and family. She felt fear coursing through her but her mind seemed to have cracked in its entirety. She didn't care.. Her life was over and if she couldn't get revenge then she would die… so would everyone else.

She led the Demon to the tunnels entrance and turned towards it. Before she left she took a large staff from her mother and carried it with her. The Demon didn't seem to notice nor care as it was happily in its own world believeing it on the brink of conquest. When she arrived she turned and the Demon nodded "This is it? Then name… The person you want…" It said. Monica grinned widely "Oh, I choose… Lord Z'eklaz…" She said suddenly making the demon roar. It made to swing at her but stopped as she raised a hand "Nope!" She commanded to it. Z'eklaz roared again and tried once more but couldn't do it. She raised the key "I command you to be bound… to this… and to my own self… For eternity..." She commanded the demon. It had no choice and followed it grudgingly.

Weapon Specialty: Mechanical

Weapons:
She carries around an odd shapes key like staff with Diamond edged blades giving it excellent skin flaying and slicing.

Demons:
Lord Z'eklaz –Greater Electrical Demon: Lord of Mechanical/Technological/Electrical Demons (Its true form has never been seen but by Monica herself when she tricked it into serving her.) It currently takes the form of a suit of powered armor for its only master.
space+exo+suit+mecha+mech+costume+sci+fi+fantasy+armor+concept+design+warrior+super+soldier+samurai+g.i.+joe+gears+of+war+halo+4+wars+character+front+back+by+josh+nizzi+union+starcraft+2+heavy+marine.jpg

Skills:
Electrical Engineer: Extremely good at fixing anything electrical based.
Engineer: Infamous for building things either they be useful or completely stupid and pointless.
Intelligent: Her insight his useful when it comes to anything technical or analytic. Though it may take her some time to gather her thoughts.
Handy: Literally she is good when it comes to anything having to do with making something. Expect food. She cannot cook or bake or anything with a stove.

Theme

Last edited:
Name: Cassandra Pellindra
Year:3
Appearance:
Hatsune.Miku.full.676156.jpg

Personality:
While she appears naive and innocent, Cassandra is actually very street smart and headstrong. She will get her way no matter what stands between her and her goal. He can also be a very caring person, eager to help someone in need before she helps herself.

History:
Cassandra was raised in a prestigious family of demon hunters, and was expected to meet all of their standards no matter what. When she failed to meet their high expectations, she was told she was a disappointment to everyone in her family. So she worked day and night to improve her skills and meet her family's expectations. When she finally met their expectations, they raised them even higher.

This continued for several years until Cassandra was admitted to the Gaia class of Horizon Academy and was sent off to study hard. After a short time there, she made a pact with her first demon, Nara. Nara was weak but a quick friend to her and helped her catch her second, more powerful, demon. Lui was stronger, but quieter than Nara. The group has managed to get along, but most days it is strained.

Weapon Specialty: Lances

Weapons:
sunlight34.jpg

Nara gave Cassandra this lance because Nara could barely use if before.

Demons:
Catfood.%28Vocaloid%29.full.750638.jpg

Nara's proficient skills lie in stealth and backstabbing. Nara herself isn't very strong, but she works in tandem with her 'master' to ensure that she wouldn't be killed by stronger demons. She has sharp claws under those sleeves of her. Nara has a very outgoing and rambunctious personality.
Lugia.full.1400871.jpg

Lui is a very tough demon who controls the sea itself. She can easily defend herself when needed and also fight back. Lui has a very laid back and quiet personality, and tends to think everything through before jumping to action.

Skills:
Nara's Twin Kick: Nara and Cassandra both spin around the lance, giving a powerful enough kick to knock anyone within 10 feet away.
Lui's Ice Armor: Lui lends her strength to Cassandra to form ice armor that raises Cassandra's defense but lowers her agility.

Looking forward to this.

Reiko Watanabe

Year: Two
34j53cy.jpg
tumblr_lntd6tDRlB1qbq4v6o1_500.gif
tumblr_mprbtqOFRe1r2vcn2o1_500.gif

Personality: She's soft spoken and uses very small and brief statements to describe how she feels and won't elaborate. She's highly expressive which makes up for her lack of general wordiness. She's also a highly socially intelligent person. She knows lots of things about deduction and how humans react to things and how their brain works in subconscious to affect their consciousness. She comes off cold and reclusive, because she is for the most part. She's fine staying at home and minding her own business. She usually plays pc games in the alone time she has. But she opens up to people she knows. It's because she doesn't trust very many people other than people she has an emotional connection with. She's also someone who likes to hide within their own thoughts. She is very outgoing in her dreams despite her awkwardness in real life situations. Sjhe's extremely blunt which causes some people to dislike her, but she feels lying to others would betray their trust even if the truth is ugly and painful.

History: Normal childhood to say the least. She has two sisters, all with black hair and black eyes. Same with her mother and father and her one baby brother. Her mom's last name is Watanabe and her fathers last name is the same but they aren't at all related. She lived in a middle class home. She was under strict and traditional parent hood which led her to be very intelligent at a young age. It also led to her strict regimen, self-suffiecency and self-control. It matured her a bit beyond her years and outcasted her from some people.
Her parents never got divorced and both are still alive along with the rest of her family. But her two sisters are in college somewhere. They're party animals and utter harlots. Anytime they visit they often tease Reiko for being boring. So occasionally Reiko will try to imitate them and end up in trouble. But this doesn't happen often.

magical_scythe_by_jonfarnold-d5wbpwi.png

Her weapon, the bottom glowing crystal is magic and when the scythe it magnifies sound waves and she can aim them at people which will shove them somewhere, the direction the wave is going, and hurt their ears.

StaffOfAsha.png

This is her staff Argos, it amplifies other peoples/demons power tenfold for 30 seconds then can't be used on the same person/demon for an hour

magic-sfaff-girl.jpg

This is Yggdrasil, her staff can manipulate the mind and create illusions of Reiko so it seems like there are more of her
1600x1280.jpg

This is Circe, her staff causes compassion. It makes someone feel bad for or feel as if they love (platonically, not romantically) the other.
konachan-com-82495-blue_hair-cape-caster-fate_stay_night-magic-mihane-staff-weapon.jpg

This is Helena, her staff causes those purple platelet things you see in the picture that can be used for transportation or defense

Skills:
WitchBlade: Her blade seems to grow longer, sharper and absolutely terifing to the other person, amplifying Yggdrasil's power
Heavens Song: Reiko's singing is amplified by her scythe and it makes Reiko look like the one that person holds most dear, amplifying Circe's power
Gravity: Reiko's weight goes down, allowing her to be more agile and jump from platelet to platelet, amplifying Helena's powers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it looks like a sizable group of people are joining this, can't wait for it to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.