Horizon Demon Hunter Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the dozen Rugarus charged down Davin, he had a sudden, devious idea and hurried to re-shape the half-dome of ice behind him, tightening the space so that the wolfmen would have to come at him one at a time, and layered on the ice until it became multiple feet thick. By that point, most of them were already in range of the new shape. They rushed in, heedless of the danger, but the Alpha slid to a halt and dragged a few of his pack members back, but not before nine of them clambered inside. At which point, Davin sealed the only entrance shut, trapping them inside with him. Before the first one could reach him, he sealed off his own little section, except for a hole big enough for his hand to fit through. The closest monster tried to reach through to get him with its claws, but regretted its decision when Davin lopped off its hand. The Rugarus started clawing and slamming at the ice, trying to break through to no avail. Within the safety of his trap, Davin began drawing out the heat from inside the Rugarus' chamber, frosting over the ground and their fur, their howls of protest making his ears ring in such enclosed space.

He shaped the heat into a tiny flame between his hands, trying his hardest to contain the heat within the little sphere so it wouldn't melt the ice too quickly. With all the heat drained from the chamber, Davin could hear the Rugarus' teeth chattering, and they pounded the ice with much greater ferocity, just as intent on keeping warm as they were on breaking out. He had to conjure more heat in order to make the flame hotter and hotter, until it felt like his clothes might catch on fire just by being near it. The Alpha from before proved to be fireproof, but even if the lackeys were, this would no doubt do some damage. Once satisfied, Davin let the flame float into the Rugarus' chamber and stopped containing the heat. The instant it did, the Rugarus' howled turned blood curdling as steam hissed and filled the chamber. While maintaining control over the flame, Davin sealed the hole in the wall and shivered in the sudden cold with the flame gone. He closed his eyes, and listened to the Rugarus' muffled roars turn to puppy-like whines and squeaks. Their voices grew quieter as all the air inside the chamber burned out and melt water began rising up from the melted ice. Davin couldn't be sure how much of the ice melted, but it didn't seem to matter once the Rugarus inside grew silent.

Davin opened a hole in the ice again to see them lying in knee-deep water. The water did not churn or bubble and they lay completely still. With that done, he unsealed the chamber and the melt water poured out onto the ground. Since it came from conjured ice, it would fade in time. Davin rushed a little faster out of the ice than might be dignified, his teeth still chattering despite the sudden warmth and glared at the Alpha and his two lackeys. He readied his sword and shield, expecting them to rush him, but they stood staring open-mouthed at their comrades' soaked, frozen bodies. Any blood lust the two lackeys had didn't seem to be enough to keep them running away into the wilderness, tails between their legs. The Alpha seemed to consider the corpses and its fleeing lackeys for a moment, before it stalked towards Davin, each step wary and carefully chosen. Unlike before, Davin wasted no time and didn't let him close the distance himself. Instead, he used his power to shrink the distance between them, and the Alpha's eyes widened in shock when Davin appeared in front of it, already swinging his sword and bashing forward with his shield. The shield struck the Alpha right in the muzzle, sending fangs and blood flying and wrenching its head back off its feet. The blade swooped in and cut a trail from shoulder to hip, black blood geysering out and spraying over Davin and his sword. The Alpha let out a wheezing gasp and collapsed onto its knees and stared at Davin, still too dazed and in shock to even stop him from lopping its head off.

Panting to catch his breath, Davin kicked over the corpse and loosed the hold on the ice he forgot he still had so it would begin to fade away. Conjuring that much ice out of thin air took more out of him than he expected, as he found his muscles growing sore and his eyelids heavy. The lack of sleep from last night didn't help much, but he tried to soldier through it and went to help Isaac and Sheridan with the remaining monsters.

"I have a new found respect for you, that was awesome!" Sarah said to Davin wide eyed as he caught up.

Coal rolled his eyes at his sister trying to flatter the angel, though he did agree. It had been like something you would read in a book.

Sheridan just kept her head down while they continued on towards the lake. She had no interest in talking to Davin since she believed what Sarah had said to be true.

"I don't know...healing cuts are one thing...but bones? I've never healed something so severe...I don't know what to do!?"
"Calm down!" Saria wrapped her arm over the girl's uninjured shoulder and held Kia's head, her palm resting on top of Kia's blue head. "Calm down. Set the bone and stop the bleeding. Everything will be fine, just keeping breathing deep." Kia set to work healing herself. Saria continued to hold her, taking deep breaths that her comrade could match. The goblins were still outside, beating on the small shelter, but Saria tuned them out. Her focus was on Kia, on remaining calm and concentrated so Kia could do the same. Any other thoughts were banished until the girl's arm was healed.

-----

The gap Davin had given them was enough to reach the lake before any Rugarus caught up--or at least, it should have been. Sheridan's pace was slower than Isaac had accounted for, mostly due to the fact that she couldn't remove her starstruck eyes from Davin's display behind them. Saria would have had her head for it, but Isaac just grinned and kept alongside her.

A pair of Rugarus drew near enough to launch themselves forward. It was time for a bit of fun at last. Isaac spun to meet the leap, killing his momentum to stay underneath the airborne demons. With open palms Isaac reached up to tap their chests, bending backward a little to keep his head clear of their flailing arms. In the fraction of a second he had that connection, he turned up the gravity on both demons. Both of their trajectories angled inward until their heads crashed together. "Sarah! Yours!" Isaac called as the pair finished their descent.

The two Rugarus hit the ground in a tangled heap. Isaac hadn't increased their attraction to the earth; he'd increased their attraction to each other. They'd turned into a pile of thrashing arms and snarling jaws that couldn't get away from one another, and so they couldn't move from where they lay. Isaac ran past them, confident that Sarah could shoot the demons without slowing. They were at the beach now, so it was time to set up a quick battlefield. Lots of sand, some smooth stones, a few pieces of rotted driftwood, and of course a giant, murky, corrupted lake--all the tools to deal with a dozen Rugarus, give or take, and make a production of doing it.

"Have any of you made glass before? It's just a matter of heat, right?"

Sarah let out a cheer as she toasted the monsters that were tangled together. God she loved killing things! Once the shrieks had died down from the monsters she turned to face Issac again since they were on the beach now. "I've made it a lot, once made a glass spike wall that impaled another demon!" Sarah replied smirking.

Sheridan and Coal both rolled their eyes at what Ruby said though neither of them doubted it. "Coal and I haven't, he can only burn stuff and I can only use fire when I'm really really mad." Sheridan explained.

Ariel
Frey seemed to exhausted to speak right now. What was she to do. She remembered the communicator that she had received. Ariel picked up her communicator and contacted Davin. "Davin, Frey is badly hurt. His leg was messed up pretty bad by one of the Rugarus, and he is exhausted. I don't think he can fight any more. As for me, I can keep fighting, but I think I sprained my left wing. If I were to go fight again, I would be grounded. What are your orders? Do we retreat and get his leg treated?"

Yanking his spear from a third goblin mage, Irrius wondered how many of these things he'd have to kill. They were hidden in the mobs of others of their kind, invisible until it casted a spell. Bracing his legs beneath himself, he threw himself once more into the sky. "Maybe a little bait will help..." He quickly found his next target, a pair of mages that seemed to be working together. One spotted him and, tapping the other on the shoulder to alert them, stepped forward with lightning cracking between its fingers. Beginning some evasive maneuvers, Irrius knew he had to get closer. Snapping a roll as a stream of electricity flashes past him, he pushed himself to go faster. However, unfortunately for him, the two were working together.

As he streaked through the air, a massive wall of stone erupted upward directly in front of him. Forcing himself to fly over it, he didn't expect the lightning that struck him. Slamming into his arm, he cried out in pain as he fell. Slamming harshly into the unforgiving ground, he groaned before forcing himself back onto his knees. His vision was swimming, his ears ringing and his arm feeling like it'd been dunked in magma. His spear was on the ground near him, but those few yards felt like miles. In front of him, the two mages were preparing some spell. Their maniacal grins sent a shiver down his spine, and he felt like this was it. He was dead nothing more to it.

But he couldn't accept that. The words of his father rang on his ears; "Send 'em back to hell, Irrius." Pushing himself to his feet, he knew he had one chance. His left arm was out of commission for the moment, but his right still worked. Drawing on t the little light there was in this place, he formed a small, boomerang like projectile. Pulling his arm back, he let it fly. In older times, the throw might've been called divine intervention. Moving in a quick, wicked arc, the projectile struck the first goblin in the head. It merely passed through it, but the damage was done. Its very essence torn asunder, the creature dropped without a sound.

It struck the next in the arm, but the creature still lost control of that side of the body. It collapsed, its screaming muffled by part of its throat and mouth not working. Slowly, painfully, Irrius moved forward. Slipping a small knife from its sheathe on his back, he pounced on the creature and stabbed it through its vile heart. It spasmed and kicked, but the blade remained planted in it. Rocking back onto his knees beside the corpse, Irrius looked to the sky. Even in this worldturned to hell, you could still find some light. He took comfort in that, as he felt exhaustion begin to drag down his limbs.

Davin swapped the space he occupied with an empty space next to Isaac, Sheridan and her demons to appear by their sides. Flanking the Rugarus would be of limited use by himself, and he didn't want to set up a potential crossfire with himself and the others that the Rugarus could use to their advantage. Even so, the monsters had caught up and began to spread out to try and encircle the group against the lake's edge. He was too preoccupied with the situation to notice Sheridan's downcast mood. Davin made a quick note of their surroundings as Sarah complimented his fighting and said, "I'm flattered, but let's wait until the fighting is over for the congratulations."

Then Ariel's voice came through his communicator, "Davin, Frey is badly hurt. His leg was messed up pretty bad by one of the Rugarus, and he is exhausted. I don't think he can fight any more. As for me, I can keep fighting, but I think I sprained my left wing. If I were to go fight again, I would be grounded. What are your orders? Do we retreat and get his leg treated?"

Davin glanced at Isaac and thought about what to do as he faced the Rugarus and listened to his teammate's plan for glass. With Frey in such a rough state, he wouldn't last long, and the Rugarus would be quick to take advantage of his injuries if Ariel brought him here. It only took him a moment to consider it before he said, "Ariel, retreat. Elevate the wounded leg and administer whatever first-aid you can. If he's well enough to move, get back to the Fort, otherwise hold up and wait for us to meet up."

With his orders given, he regarded the posturing Rugarus with an expression of granite. "There's still plenty of ambient heat for me to draw on, so whatever plan you have, Isaac, I'm all for it." If he had to conjure anything else out of thin air on the scale he did with the ice, he might very well collapse. Davin would have to reconsider his trap next time, and think of a way to optimize his energy use. "Give the word, and I'll follow suit."

((Raychel, for Isaac's plan, feel free to take control of Davin for it))

"We'll have to work on that; it's important to be able to share your demons' abilities fully. It will take effort from both of you, but it will make both of you stronger as well." Even as he spoke, Isaac was prying up stones from the sand. He hefted one as large as his head in his right hand, then switched it to his left and picked up another that was slightly larger. He made a point of not explaining why he was carrying a pair of two hundred pound rocks as though they weighed twenty; Isaac took a small joy in the looks he was given when people first saw it.

"Davin, perfect. Save the ice for now, we're going to try something crazy. Frey, sorry to ask, but can you see our beach from where you're at? If Davin condenses the space between, do you think your violin could agitate the sand?"
Homemade quicksand--that would certainly be easier than pushing each demon in one at a time. The theory was simple, of course: use vibrations to loosen the sand, reducing friction and causing the heavy Rugarus to sink in. In practice it wouldn't be that easy, and without water they wouldn't sink deeper than their knees. But after you add in some intense flames, that would be enough.

"O-okay...I got this" she said slowing down her breathing. She then matched saria's breathing pattern. It helped her focus, and it helped her to stay calm, even though it was a horrible pain in her shoulder. The bone mended back together, and the bleeding was now under control.

The wound then slowly healed up, and was now nothing more then a bruise. Her head was pounding, and she felt just a little bit tired as the ability did a number on her body. "I'm going to...destroy those little freaks..." She said between heavy pants. She put a hand on the handle of her blade, her hand was a little bit shaky.

Last edited by a moderator:
From outside the iron shell of Saria's wings, the sound of goblins running in fear rang out, soon followed by a thunder clap. The sound of clanging upon the metallic wings had indeed stopped, but the sound of goblins fighting raged on. Thunderbolt had arrived to support the two angels. He shot a bolt of lightning, and it arked from goblin to goblin. However there were too many for him to handle himself, and would soon require the assistance of the two angels.
---------------------------------------------------------------
On the far side of the lake appeared to be a farm of aquatic plants. Yet they seemed... Other worldly. They were crimson in color, and gave off a putrid scent. It was quite suffocating really. The water around this "farm" was far darker than the rest of the lake, and seemed thick, almost like tar. The rest of the lake, though much better than this area, was a dirty greenish brown, and was very cloudy.

Ariel
"Shit! Your bleeding badly. What do I do?..." Frey's leg would not stop bleeding and there was little she could do at the moment. She looked at the ribbon tied to her arm, and then tore off a piece of her uniform, and wrapped it with the ribbon. She made sure to apply pressure to his leg as well. "Frey how are you feeling?... Come on answer me!" Ariel was getting a little worried.

Yosuke
Yosuke and some of the other students in his group had pushed through the hoard of goblins and were approaching an open room. Through out the mine, it seemed the goblins were mining for resources. Which seemed too organized for a goblin to do. The gang leader would need to have been heavily paid to agree to something like this. As they approached the open room,. he heard a voice. It was coarse and sounded angry.

"Come on you lazy asses! Get those kids! They can not reclaim the mi-... SHIT! THERE HERE! I'm running! Y-You there! Finish them!

The Gang leader seemed scared. His lackeys were beginning to attack, but Yosuke and his current group cut through them, no problem.
"Everyone! Follow that goblin! Don't let him escape." He continued down the mine and spoke into his communicator to alert any on his team. "All party members, hurry to the mine! We have the leader on the run! We kill him, the others will scatter!"

The pain was... Distant. A dull ache that seemed like it hardly meant a thing. It'd be so easy to just sleep, let the world pass by while he enjoyed the faintest rays on his face. It felt nice... But something in him kept nagging him. He couldn't let himself stop. He'd be stuck in that dark place that someone didn't return from. Cracking open his eyes, he closed them once again as the light overwhelmed him. Giving it a moment, he then tried again. This time, he forced them to remain open. Light stabbed into his brain like molten rocks, but he toughed through it. Blobs of light gradually turned into shapes, shapes turned into different types of objects. Goblins all faced away, turned toward something. He began to force himself to his sleep, and the pain struck him like a truck striking a deer. A low groan left his throat, as he struggled with it.

Getting to his feet was a long, slow process. Pain was good, it meant he was still alive. The goblins were all distracted still, and didn't see the wounded angel as he began staggering toward where he last remembered his team being. His spear dragged in the dirt, his wings drooping low as his head hung. Pain sang through his nerves as he forced himself onward. He made it a small game. One step, two step, three step, pain a constant companion. His left arm was a large source of pain, he just wished it would stop. But, he couldn't. He had to go. There would be someone who could help him at the end. One goblin stepped in front of him, it's grin wicked as it prepared it's spell. Fire danced along its hands, as Irrius continued to stumble toward it. Firing its spell, it cackled, before halting as the spell disappeared.

One more step, and Irrius stood in front of the goblin. A blade slipped into his hands, and he stabbed it into the evil creature. It collapsed in front of him, and he continued. Three step, four step, five step, six step, did this agony never end? Finally, he can take no more. He collapses, and lays sprawled on the ground.

"Jeez Ariel... I'm not... dead...! Just... barely conscious..." Frey muttered while he tried to catch his breath. Ariel tied a ribbon on his leg to stop the bleeding, but it still hurt like hell. Then he remembered Isaac mention something about agitating sand. Perhaps he meant making use of vibrations on sand to make quicksand. He wasn't sure how it would help slow down the Rugarus, those fast bastards won't stop at anything to sate their hunger. But Frey was willing to try. If it was just to agitate the sand, it wouldn't take all that much energy. Besides, Ariel did her best to stop his leg's bleeding.

"If it means wiping out this group of furry fuckers... I'll do it." Frey said in the communicator, while he re-summoned his violin all in one piece.

The sound of lightning lancing through the air was a sweet melody indeed to Saria. Kirigawa's demon would buy them the time to get free. "Take it easy, Kia; your energy is gone. Get to Bolt and mount him." Saria began to unfurl her wings and blinding light flooded in. Then she threw them wide, throwing the nearest goblins back and creating a space for Kia to move.

Squeals and screeches erupted behind Saria. The battle was to resume, so she pulled her wings in until they vanished inside her uniform. Saria's hands came up and her feet set for a lunge. "Kill everything you can," Saria ordered into the comm. "A rout wins the battle, but killing demons wins the war." Following her own advice, Saria leaped at a dozen of the creatures, her pendant glowing brightly. She swung her arms even before reaching the group, and goblin pieces began flying.

Her breathing was heavier by the time she finished that group. Nevertheless, she spun about to find any of the little demons that were left. Despite her seemingly composed actions, Saria's eyes betrayed her anger--she wouldn't let a single one leave here.

-----

"Alright. Everyone, the entire beach is going to be hit. The more you move, the further the sand is going to pull you down. Sarah, Sheridan, start building up the biggest fire you possibly can. The rest of us will focus on keeping them away from you and in the sand. When you think you can glass all of them in place, give a shout and we'll get clear."
Isaac turned to speak quietly to Davin, not letting any of the others hear his next words. "Sheridan said her abilities are linked to her emotions. If she's angry or upset, she can make a stronger fire. Following that, this would work better if she thought someone she likes was in danger. Do you think you could play hero in distress without getting caught in the sand?"

That was all the time they had. The Alpha howled and all of the demons charged. With Sarah and Sheridan at the back, Coal, Isaac, and Davin were spread in front of them to fend off the demons. Now it was only a matter of holding out long enough.

Isaac kept to his fists, never moving his feet. Every time a Rugaru leaped free of the sand to tackle him, he twisted his body and punched it right back, drilling it deeper into the sand than it had been. The quicksand was working wonderfully; once they touched down even once, their footing was gone. The harder a creature tried to push free, the deeper he pushed himself in. The brighter ones were climbing over their own to get at the group, but Isaac rejected their attempts and launched them into the sand alongside their packmates.

His face was neutral. Too much could go wrong. Isaac couldn't smile, not until the girls fired.

Davin nodded along with the others, though concern crept up for Frey. He wondered if the wounded angel would be pushing himself too much, even if the given task was so simple. Still, he didn't raise a complaint and waited for them to start. That is, until Isaac whispered to him about getting Sheridan upset. The idea of 'emotions fueling magic' was not a foreign concept to him and showed itself well enough when he used his own fire magic, but the part where he specifically had to put himself in danger to upset her came as a surprise to him. He was about to turn and ask what he meant, but the Alpha's howl cut him off. No time to think! If it worked out, then Davin would give it a shot. The Rugarus' charge incapacitated some of them on its own, but the Alpha proved to be more observant than its lackeys. It moved with light steps that seemed wholly unfair for such a bulky creature, its paws never sinking into the shaking sand. It reached behind its back and pulled out what at first looked like a pair of roughly three-foot pipes and screwed the two together into a staff as tall as itself. It narrowed its blood-red eyes at Davin and snarled as demonic energy snaked up the staff and formed into foot-long blades of dark fire. The flames solidified into what looked like obsidian, but Davin doubted it was really that brittle.

The Alpha stalked forward amongst its struggling pack, sometimes pulling them out and shoving them forward until it reached the waiting angel. Davin held his shield at the ready, sweat trickling down his forehead. Fighting an enemy with superior reach, both in body build and in weapon choice was a nightmare for anyone to fight. Even a weapon master would hesitate to rush forward in such a scenario. But Davin couldn't give ground, and he needed to put himself in danger anyway. So he flapped his wings to lift off the ground and launched himself at the Alpha. The monster lashed out with lightning speed and Davin only barely managed to block the strike with his shield, turning his shield to his side, and struck out with his sword. The Alpha side-stepped the strike, moving to his weapon-side and forcing Davin to turn with him. The angel knew what the Alpha was trying to do, and reacted with angelic speed to the lackey that dove at his back. He bashed it in the face with his shield, but couldn't keep the monster's weight from shoving him forward when it collided with him and sent them both to the ground. Davin lost his shield, but managed to hold onto his sword and rolled so the Rugarus ended up under him and started sinking into the sand. The Alpha, however, gave him no time to recover and stabbed at him with one end of his double-bladed staff. The blade slipped behind the back of Davin's breastplate, under one of his wings and cut into his flesh as if it were little more than wet tissue paper.

Searing, burning pain screamed through Davin and drove the breath from his lunges. He gasped, but launched himself forward, away from the Alpha's blades. He used his wings to keep himself light, so he didn't sink into the sand, and slashed a Rugarus that tried to stop him. He turned too late, fatigue from hard fighting and lack of sleep catching up to him, and grimaced as claws sank into his side. He bashed it in the face with his gauntlet when it tried to bite him and staggered away, blood rapidly soaking his side and weighing down his shirt. He let out a shout and blasted two smaller Rugarus in the face with fireballs, and parried a strike from the Alpha, forced to give up ground. The only thing keeping him alive and from sinking in the sand was his wings. The Alpha picked up on it too and started aiming its attacks at his huge wings whenever it could. One strike managed to get through and once again Davin cried out, sheer agony piling up from his now three bleeding wounds and making his movements slow. With the Alpha stalking towards him again and the lackey that wounded him recovering, and two severe wounds, Davin felt pretty confident this qualified as 'being in distress.'

"DAVIN!" Sheridan screamed wide eyed. She tried to run and help but Sarah held her back.

"Just help me make a fire!" Sarah said, her grip firm on Sheridan's shoulder.

Sheridan spun and shot a glare like fire at Sarah before clenching her teeth so hard they could have broken, luckily they didn't. Instead she and Sarah stood back and worked together to make the biggest fire they could. Sheridan wouldn't be happy until that damn alpha was dead.

Coal knew this so as soon as he saw Sheridan start making the fire he rushed to help the angel, using the built up momentum to slam into the alpha's side. Coal was a big guy, he was solid and he had a lot of force behind his hits. That slam could make even a rugaru stumble.

When Frey heard what Isaac whispered to Davin (it should be noted that he can hear a lot of things, including nearby whispers), he prepared himself for the worst. All he had to do was to keep playing and making quicksand, which surprisingly to him worked like a charm for the underlings. Sad to say, he couldn't play any more battle BGM to revitalize the team's fighting spirit. Battle BGM simply wore him out, and Frey didn't want to lose consciousness. He just hopes his teammates wouldn't stop and feel depressed and all, because he had to act fast and he didn't have time to think of a better and happier piece. Something that involves wolves perhaps.

~Lone Wolf~

Ariel
He is alive... He is alive... Then why can't I calm down?... Ariel sat beside Frey the entire time. She knew that they needed Frey to defeat the Rugaru, yet... she felt the need to hurry and get him treated. However, before she could protest, Frey had already placed his bow to the strings. This was the first time, since last year she had heard him play anything other than battle BGMs. Since that day, she always did want to hear him play more. However he always seemed so eager to hide his talents. It really pissed her off. Thus she dealt with it the only way she could: Hazing the poor kid until he finally agreed. But now that she was finally hearing what she wanted to hear again, she felt a bit guilty, as the strings reverberated the beautiful melodious tones. The music was calming, yet she felt anxious listening to it, for some reason. She finally had accomplished her goal, so shouldn't she be happy?... "Frey... Why do you hide such a beautiful gift?..." She was unaware of the tears rolling down her cheeks, or even the very fact she spoke those words. Her heart raced faster. She hated this feeling, yet... She craved more.

Perhaps it was a subconscious choice, but when he realized it, he was playing a piece he entitled "Lone Wolf". It symbolizes his need to be alone, that if he gets too close with anyone, he wouldn't be able to make important sacrifices. As much as possible, he would gladly give up his life for his comrades. But if the world necessitates his existence, and he falters for even one second to help out a comrade who cannot be helped anymore, it would have been all in vain. Everything up to now, he's doing for his parents. He wanted to at least be able to kill the one who inflicted their suffering. He must not die, not until the bastard's dead. He shouldn't let himself be in harm's way just for a stupid a reason as...

He quickly dismissed his conflicted ideas. He was about to lose focus of his surroundings, the sand and his violin bow being the only two things which existence he is aware of. He wasn't aware of it, but it was Ariel's voice that pulled him back to reality.

"Frey... Why do you hide such a beautiful gift...?"

He turned towards the source of the voice, and saw Ariel's tears rolling down her cheeks. He did not pay heed to her, he simply kept playing. But the mere fact that his music made someone's tears roll down, especially on a mission... Ahh, it was making him crazy! Must he really show his music to the world? It only warrants him unnecessary attention. They don't have a single idea what he's going through, yet they will stop at nothing just to bother him with their pitiful friendship. But seeing people being moved by his music made his emotions confused. He simply kept playing; the success of the mission always comes after some petty emotions.

Kia didn't really expect to hear someone to come and aid in their escape. But she wasn't going to decline the offer. Once saria gave her the order, she grunted. Only because she was told she couldn't fight, but she wasn't going to disobey a order from the squad leader. Kia then pulled out her sword from the sheath, and made her way for the horse, as she ran she had to evade some claws, and weapons from the remaining goblins. Her wings tucked onto her back, one stained in blood from her previous wound.

One goblin tried to attack her from the front, she did a baseball slide under the goblin as he was in mid air. Once she evaded him, she rolled onto her feet, stumbled a bit, but made a sprint to the horse. Once she was in range, she jumped, and landed on the sattle of the horse. Once there she sheathed her blade, and held open her palms. Both now covered in ice shards, she shot a couple of ice shards at some goblins, only killing one while impairing two. Making the mistake of over using her energy, sending a sharp pain through her skull. She responded with a grunt, and ignored it. "Get me out of here bolt" she asked in distress.

The steed whinnied, then snorted, as the angel told it to run. Soon though they, came across another angel. Thunderbolt stopped in front of Irrius. He seemed injured, and his mission was to provide backup, and evacuate the injured angel. This fell under the same category. He looked at him expectantly, as if telling him to get on.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The sound waves from Frey's violin succeeded in agitating the sand. The individual grains began to bounce around, as the beach began the process of liquefaction, turning the entire beach into a pit of quicksand.

Yosuke
With no reinforcements for them, but plenty for the goblins, Yosuke called out to his team. "Everyone, retreat to the tunnel entrance! Force them to fight in an enclosed space, and shoot them down! I will get the leader! Once that happens, they will scatter!" Yosuke left his unit to fight the goblins, sending Ambrosia to help them. He would be fine. The leader was alone, so he would pose little threat. Jumping past the crowd, Yosuke ran down the tunnel, before he reached a split. He closed his eyes, and focused. With the scythe's sense heightening, he would be able to hear him running hopefully...

"Gah! Son of a!... Who the hell left this pickaxe here! Wha! Oh great a dead end!"

Oh there he was. Yosuke ran down the left-side path

"To hell with this! I'm turning ba-FUCK, HE FOUND ME!!!"

The goblin tried to run, but tripped over presumably, the same pickaxe. Yosuke, picked him up by his raggy red tunic, all the while, he was kicking and fighting and screaming.

"Lemme go, ya shithead!"

"I'll let you live. But first, I need you to tell me what you guys are doing here."

"Like hell I would fucking do that!"

"Perhaps I should be a bit clearer."

Yosuke took the goblin, and the pickaxe, and walked over to the wall. With a single motion, he pinned the tiny being to the wall.

"H-Hey, no fair!"

A bolt of lightning shot from Yosuke's hand. Not enough to kill the thing, or even hurt him horribly, but it would
definitely be unpleasant.

"I'll ask again, who put you up to this!

"I-I-I-I-I" He stammered on like a bumbling idiot for a few moments, before another shockwave pulsated through him. "I don't know! He was rather tall, and had long black hair. I think he had black feathery wings. Called himself Malice. Don't know if that's his real name, but I have to say it's pretty kick-ass. He promised me, power and my own area to rule if I helped him mine the ores here. Strange things he wanted though. He said all he wanted was this kinda stone right 'er." The goblin produced a small rusty red stone from inside his pocket. It didn't seem all that special, but even so... Yosuke took it. The stone was very chalky, and dust rubbed off onto his hand.

"I see... Is that all you know?"

"I swear!"

"Alright. Well, then, I will leave you here."

"Wha-HEY YOU PIECE OF SHIT, YOU SAID YOU'D LET ME GO!

"I did? No, I am certain I said 'let you live'" Yosuke walked off, leaving the the goblin hanging on the wall.

"COME BACK YOU LITTLE FUCKER!"

"Such a fowl creature..."

On his way back out, he took the ear of another goblin, and when he arrived at the scene of the battle, he exclaimed, "Demons, who have taken control of this mine! I have slain your leader! The rest of you will fall the same fate, should you continue this fight!" Goblins really are cowardly beings, and upon just hearing their leader was dead, they all dropped their weapons and ran off. "... Assholes."

Status
Not open for further replies.