Horizon Demon Hunter Academy (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosuke
"Aah! What, when did-how did... I, um... I didn't see you there. Um... Right beside me... Totally not making advances on you or anything." Moron! Of all the things to say, you have to say that! "No, thats not what I... You know I'll just leave you alone, before you think of me as more of a creep than you already do." As he stood up, he did not notice the low hanging arm of the statue.

"Gah! Son of a!... Know what, I don't care. Either you think me a creep or not." He let out an exasperated sigh, and slumped back down to the ground. "Let me try again. My name is Yosuke. I am a fourth year. I came out here to eat, because the Mess Hall was pretty crowded. S-Sorry if I said anything weird. Just kinda a curse I have."

Ariel
Ariel just laughed. It was fun to mess with the fellow angel. "Maybe you're busy, but I'm sure not. Maybe I just wanted to hear you play. But I couldn't very well hear you, the way you play." Ariel plucked his headphones of. "Those lousy headphones ruin all the fun!" Laughing all the while, she flew up into the air, calling out to him. "Hey, come on! It's perfectly fine up here! No strong winds or anything like that!" Ariel always thought that Frey needed to loosen up a bit. Today, she figured a nice game of tag would work just fine.

Kia just stood there glaring at him. Her posture didn't change for a whole minute. Her left eye kept twitching before she couldn't hold it in anymore. She then started laughing hysterically. All of that, which had happened within a minute of yosuke talking, trying to explain himself. He just kept making a fool of himself. Thus making her laugh from the cluster of mess ups he had in under a minute.

After a solid minute of hysterical laughter, Kia wiped her eyes of the tears of joy. She dropped her skateboard and stepped on the tail, letting the board sit at an angle. "Wow...and I thought I was loser" she said jokingly. "My names Kia, third year here, and you know what? You can stay here, as long as you keep making me laugh...cause that....that was funny" she giggled.

((I guess I should mention it in my CS, but his sword's not heavy. Nor are swords in general. Also, that image would serve its purpose better on her CS than here in the IC. Either way, it needs to be in a spoiler box.))

Davin glanced in the direction of Ariel and Frey at the boy's exclamation, but focused back on Sheridan. He set his blade aside and took the offered weapon, testing its balance. He brushed his fingers along the smooth metal. "For close-in fighting or tight quarters, a weapon like this is good. The balance seems to be right..." He made a few test swipes off to the side and fingered the sawtooth crevices on the back. "A good choice. Very well made." He finished and handed it back to her. "I'm interested in seeing your fighting style. We should spar some time."

Frey's next shout finally drew and held Davin's focus as he looked to see a blur of color rush into the air after the distant 2nd-year Ariel. Davin shook his head with a sigh and wondered if he should intervene. Then again, he didn't like having to deal with Ariel. Her lazy attitude and general disregard for procedure meant the two of them often butted heads. He sometimes had to wonder how she managed to survive any fights. He could recognize she had decent control over her powers, but he found her fighting style lacking. Sure, that didn't matter much against the average demon, but if she fought a real opponent, he doubted her chances to win. "At it again. He's going to lose hair at this rate."

(no idea how to do a spoiler box)

"Yeah we should." she agreed with a smile as she put it back in it's sheath. "What year is this for you anyway?"

((["spoiler"] ["/spoiler"], remove the quotations ))

"This is my third year at the Academy," He answered in a matter-of-fact voice and gave Sheridan another once-over. "What house are you? It's hard to tell sometimes, since some angels hide their wings." He paused and considered that it might be best to share his own identity first. With that in mind, he let his gear fade away, leaving behind his normal uniform and gestured to the insignia on his left breast, two golden angel wings. "I'm from House Aether. Some friendly competition is fine, but try not to let the house division thing bother you. We're all here for the same reason."

Although Davin often had to restrain himself in the presence of tamed demons. Every instinct and fiber of his being told him to kill them on sight, but they were allies. Regardless of whether they were willing or not. He wouldn't want to make a poor impression on the human freshmen that had demons already by trying to attack them. He simply appreciated the fact that most humans kept their demons hidden.[/spoiler]

"House Gaia feather boy." she said smirking and giving him a salute. "Nice to finally officially meet an angel."

He tilted his head at her words. Feather boy? He wasn't sure how to take that, so he didn't comment on it and replied, "Chances are you've met quite a few in your short time here. You'll get used to it." Davin glanced at his watch and realized he should really have lunch. Working up a light sweat with his warm-up finally made him hungry. "Have you eaten? The main crowd should be clearing out now. I don't know what you may have heard about the Academy cuisine, but I assure you it's edible. Perhaps after that, I can give you a tour. The grounds seem intimidating at first, but the layout is simple enough once you learn it."

"I copied a map off the wall." she said smiling and showing him the map in her journal. "But yeah I already ate. I'll be setting up my dorm when you finish eating,find me in room one eighty seven." she said smiling then putting away the journal.

Lifting his head, Irrius sees that the lines for food are clearing out. "Whenever there's something nice, people always slow down." Rolling his eyes, he collects his spear and places it in its sling. After doing that, he stretches out his large wings to their fullest, surprising several nearby humans before he folds them up and starts walking into the mess hall. Stepping into place at the end of the dwindling line, he kept a watch out for any of his acquaintances. Feeling slightly adrift among all these unfamiliar faces, he outwardly projected his usual, confident self. He'd have time to think later.

Davin whistled at the skillfully copied map and said with a smile, "Smart thinking. Well done!" He nodded at the invitation and said, "Very well. I'll see you later then."

He waved to Sheridan before he went inside, tailing behind a familiar angel. Although he had mixed feelings about Irrius' lack of planning, he knew that he could fight well, and think on the fly. Davin just liked having some kind of plan, even if it ended up getting changed as it almost always did. Once in line, Davin nodded towards his upperclassman, "Irrius! It's good to see you again. How have you been?" He paused and glanced around at the other people and added, "They brought in a bigger round of freshmen this year. I don't remember it being quite this crowded in past openings."

Sheridan hummed as she made her way to her dorm. Did he count as a new friend? She thought so so that meant she already had a friend! Maybe this wouldn't be as bad as highschool...' She thought as she entered her dorm and looked around at the basic furnishings. She smiled then got all her knick nacks from her bag and placed them around as well as putting her weapons in random hiding places so only she would be able to get them. It was already starting to feel more comfy here for her!

He grins "Heyo, Davin. Good to see I'm not the only one with a brain, however much larger mine may be. I'm alright today, but there's too many damn new people I need to bring to my side." He mock groans, putting his head in his hands before pulling it out with a solemn nod at his observation "Yeah. They're needing more people to pick yup the slack for when I graduate." Flexing a bit in his typical manner, he gave the other angel another grin as his thoughts worked. His impressions of him were all over the place. Although he was good when it came to fighting or assignments, he didn't really know how to unwind. Irrius, looking back, couldn't think of an occasion where he seemed comfortable. That might just be from being near himself, though, since they were practically opposites in some ways.

Following the person ahead of him so he could finally get some food, he smiles sheepishly at the self inflicted lull in the conversation as he tried to cover for it by looking intently into the groups of people to find someone else he knew.

Davin had some doubts about that comment, but smiled and said nothing on it and nodded at Irrius' complaint for the crowding. He cracked a small smile and added, "Though they probably won't have to use as many infirmary supplies next year."

The line moved along, and they were able to get their food. Davin stacked on the healthiest choices the Academy provided, though he did allow himself a small dessert after burning a bunch of calories outside. He had a fairly boring diet, because of his health-conscious approach and planning, but that didn't bother him. He took a seat at one of the tables, near a few returning students he had acquainted with in his time here, but he spent most of his time listening to the chit-chat rather than ever really contributing. Although he put on a friendly-neutral expression, he felt uncomfortable, and found himself tapping his foot. In truth, he had a lot of 'acquaintances,' but not really that many friends. Oh he knew a lot of people. He made a point of trying to memorize every class roster of incoming students, and trying to recognize them when he saw them. But that was the extent of his interactions with most outside missions. So Sheridan's invitation to meet her in her room definitely stood out in his mind, along with a small number of similar occurrences.

Sheridan smiled as she looked around at her room. Maybe she could obtain new furniture that was more her style.

With a grin, Irrius grabbed anything that was left that sounded good to him. Piling his tray high with the food leftover, he exited back to the courtyard and looked around. Oddly for him, he was not really in a mood to talk to any if his "friends". More than anything, he needed to blow off some steam. Turning away from the mass of people, he instead began walking to the practice area. Munching on his food, he walked the familiar pathway on autopilot.

Davin wanted to dispel his discomfort, so he hurried with his meal and dumped the trash before leaving. The walk to House Gaia didn't take long despite the mass of students, and he kept greetings for a few freshmen and returning students along the way brief. He noted Ariel and Frey's chase still going on in the sky and rolled his eyes, wondering when that would finally end. Once inside, he had an easy enough time finding Sheridan's room, with it being on the first floor. Most of the rooms were open, and had students milling about, helping each other unpack or move heavy furniture or appliances they brought with them, though he didn't notice very many obvious angels. He found Sheridan's closed, so he knocked and called out, "Sheridan? It's Davin. Need any help in there?"

"No help needed by come in!" she called happily. She was sitting at her dining table,drinking coffee with one of her demons. It was the older brother named Coal.

He entered at her words and glanced around at the rather spartan furnishings that came by default. Apparently Sheridan had not brought any furniture of her own, so the room seemed more spacious than usual. The personal paraphernalia she had placed around the room helped to lighten up the feel of the room, in way that Davin's lacked. He kept only the basic needs: a bed, his clothes and gear, with the only exception being a couple photos of his family and a letter from his dad he kept in his bedside table. "Homey," He quipped.

Davin's entire body froze for a fraction of a second when he spotted the demon sitting with her at the table. In that instant, his muscles coiled tight as steel cables and his backup weapons came to mind, knowing that a longsword wouldn't work well in tight quarters. However, he dismissed the thought of trying to shoot Coal between the eyes and forced his body to relax as he reminded himself that tamed demons were allies. He had to recite it several times before he trusted himself to open his mouth again and spoke with careful neutrality, "Hello. I don't believe we've met. My name is Davin."

He did not offer a handshake, as he did with Sheridan.

((I hate when I go to write a sentence and leave out a crucial negative modifier.))

"My name is Coal." Coal said smiling as he stood and gave a slight bow to the angel,causing his hair to slightly fall in front of his eyes before he brushed it back and sat back down.

"Davin sit and have some coffee." Sheridan offered with a smile as she pulled out the chair next to her for him with a smile.

(aw poor Drakken *hugs*)

Ariel
"Gotta catch me first!" Ariel zoomed in and out of trees, buildings and even crowds as she ran from Frey. Eventually she flew straight up and stopped. "Come on... I know you've got more fight in you than that!" She created a copy of herself using her powers. "Now its a game of hide and seek. One of us will have your head phones. You just gotta find out which on it is, then find them! If you get them you win!" She and her copy flew in opposite directions. She found a nice tree to hide in, and the copy was hidden in the top of the bell tower on the school grounds. It had the headphones.

Yosuke
When the girl started laughing hysterically, Yosuke just stood there wondering. Well I guess I was kind of an idiot just now... Then he was called a looser. "H-Hey!... Heh... Yeah, I guess you're right actually." It was strange in the time it took for him to make an utter fool of himself, she had completely changed her attitude... Mostly... "Well, I can't say I am going to try to make you laugh. My head can only take so much." He rubbed the spot of his head he hit. "I think I've seen you around, but I've never really learned your name, Kia. So... how long have you been here?

"Well like I said, I've been here for three years, I'm an angel, incase you haven't seen my wings, "she said opening one and making it create a waving like motion, the closing it to her back. " it's funny though I don't think I've ever recall meeting you...or seeing you?" She explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.