Hopeful in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ca061b496de93b77aadd2475b6e4c8c1.jpg

Orion Davis
Orion chuckled as she said she missed her book and also said she had to go. He nodded in response to Cassandra's question about them meeting at the library tomorrow.

"Sure! I'll still take you there. I will meet you here. Meet me here around one..."

He watched her walk out. He could tell she was flustered. That made him smirk. She was even cuter when she was flustered. Cancer huh? This would be the second person that he took a liking to that would be taken away from him from Cancer. He clenched his fist and slammed it down on his knee. Why did things have to turn out like this? Was he eternally doomed to fall for girls that would die of cancer? That seemed to be the way things were going for him. He paid his tab and grabbed his bag, leaving the cafe for home.

Getting home, he set his bag down and called over his dog. Patting his head, he clipped on the leash to take him outside to do his business before bed. It wasn't long before the dog did his thing and they went inside. He quickly got ready for bed and hopped in, exhausted. Laying his head on the pillow and shutting the light off, the last thing on his mind before he drifted off to sleep.​

14371-lucy-hale_large.png
Cassandra Jones
The rest of the night passed by slowly. Cassandra made it home rather quickly, and before she knew it she was already in bed and asleep, the kiss from before nearly out of her mind. Nearly.

The next morning Cassandra woke up with a tired yawn, stretching as she sat up in her full size bed. Running her hand through her tangled hair, she wiped her tired filled eyes like a child and slowly waddled out of the bed she was most comfortable in. As she walked over towards her closet, she pulled out an outfit for the day and then walked into the bathroom connected to her room.

After her shower, Cass decided to go ahead and get ready for the day, despite it still being earlier than normal. She was never a morning person, ever, but for some odd reason, she had woken up early today. After changing into a pair of black leggings and a maroon cored shirt, she slipped on a gray sweater cardigan to keep her warm. After her shoes were on, she did her hair simple, along with her makeup, and ate a bowl of cereal.

As soon as she was ready, she grabbed her bag and her money, along with her book of course, and headed off to town. Since it was almost time to meet Ryan, she decided to head towards the cafe.

Orion Davis
Orion woke to Frost nudging him with his nose. He sleepily rose out of his bed and looked to the clock. 8 am. At least the dog hadn't woken him up at 5 am again. Getting himself out of bed, he slipped on his pair of slippers and proceeded to take out Frost. After taking his dog out to do his business and petting and playing with him a little, he decided to start getting ready for the day.

Jumping into the shower, the warm water felt great on his nasty feeling skin. As the warm water washed over his strong body, his thoughts wandered to Cassandra. He couldn't help it. He had only met her yesterday, however, he knew that he was the one falling for her. At the looks of it though, she wasn't interested in him becoming her boyfriend or anything other than a friend. This kind of irritated him a bit, but he kept it to himself. Washing his hair and his body, he soon got out and got dressed into a nice pair of jeans, a black t-shirt that had a wolf's eyes near the middle of the shirt with the silhouette of the wolf's head around the eyes. It was his nicest shirt he had.

Heading into the kitchen, he had himself an omelette and then, before eating, gave Frost something to eat first. After feeding Frost and himself, he threw on some cologne, a little. He then looked through his closet to find his nice black leather jacket and threw it on. Looking at the clock, it was noon already. He decided to play with Frost a bit more before heading out to the cafe around 12:30 pm. He was glad he had thrown on something warm as there was a definite wind chill. He quickly made his way to the cafe.​

14371-lucy-hale_large.png Cassandra Jones
Thankfully, Cassandra was smart enough to bring her car this time, but as soon as she stepped out of her car and into the cool, fresh breeze, she knew she had made a mistake by not bringing a bigger jacket. Naturally, Cass had always been cold, then when chemo started and treatments began, it was rare for her to be warm, no matter the temperature. And unfortunately, she had never gotten use to the cold like everyone told her she would.

Quickly the shorter girl hurried inside and took a seat at her table. It wasn't really hers, and she knew that, but already she had grown fond of her. That's what she hated. She hadn't been in the two for two days and already she was growing attached to things. The booth the beautiful trees at the parks, the morning smell when she walks to the Café, the warm welcoming she gets when she gets to her apartment... even Orion. That was why she couldn't be with him.

It sounded crazy, right? Big deal, she thinks he's cute and would love to get to know him more, maybe even date him. But oh wait.. she couldn't. Cancer had been the wakeup call of her life. She was walking through it like she had forever, but now the days are ticking down. At first she lived life the way she had always wanted to and she never said no. Then after her last appointment everything was different.

She couldn't date Orion. She was sick, and if... when she died... she just couldn't do that to someone, especially someone as sweet and kind and caring; as handsome and nice and...

Quickly stopping her thoughts, Cass sighed and ran a hand over her forehead to ease her headache. Slowly she leaned back in the chair and slid a book out of her bag. She began reading it slowly, waiting for Orion to get there so she could see him. She may not be able to date him, and she may be terrified to be close with him, but she couldn't let that stop her from being his friend. He knew she was sick, and he knew that it was his call if they were friends, and he hadn't pulled away one bit. In fact, he just leaned in more... like the kiss.

Cassandra gapped as she realized she had completely forgotten about the kiss. Groaning, she looked around and hoped it wouldn't be weird between them today, and that he would still talk to her the same.

Orion Davis

Arriving
at the cafe, he stepped out of his car. Walking into the cafe, he looked around trying to spot Cassandra. He then saw her. He walked over to her table and took a seat in front of her, like he always did. He smirked.

"Hey Cass...It's good to see you again...Gazing upon a sight as beautiful as your own has already made my day a thousand times better. Listen, before we head over to the library, I'd like to say a few words. First thing, after I kissed you last night, you looked like a combo of liking it and also having a bit of distance. Let me tell you right now, I am not giving up on you solely because you have cancer...I really do like you Cass...Those are my true feelings and don't feel like it's your fault that my heart might break if you happen to pass away. So what if it does? Life is meant to be rough, trust me, i've been through my share of a chaotic life with many ups and downs. I've learned to just accept the facts and move on. It will be hard...yes...my heart is still shattered from my client passing away a while back, however, if I don't learn to accept the fact that everyone dies at some point, then I'll be broken and shattered the rest of my life and I'm not going to do that...I want those who are beloved to me who may be sick to have the time of their lives before their passing....That includes you Cass...use me however you want. I just only hope you can have enough fun with me by your side until or even if that time comes for you..."

He looked her in the eye with a serious expression. He hoped she knew that he was serious. Just because she was sick, didn't mean that they couldn't have fun until it was her time. Sure, it would kill him inside to lose his love again, however, if she could be happy and smile a lot for him before then, he would have counted it a big success.

"Please don't shut me out...I just want to make you happy"

14371-lucy-hale_large.png Cassandra Jones
Cass was surprised at Orion's small outburst to say the very least. She didn't say anything or make a move throughout his entire small speech until he finally took a seat beside her and spoke again. Sighing softly, mostly to herself, Cass looked down at the palms of her hands that laid on her thighs and thought to herself. She didn't get to think too long though because he spoke up again.

Sighing, she looked back up at him. She could see that he truly did want to make her happy, and she appreciated it. But she couldn't promise that she wouldn't push him away or shut him out. She couldn't assure him that she would stay by his side until the day she died, and she definitely couldn't assure him that she would smile everyday. But what she could do is try. That's about the only thing she could do.

And if she was being honest, it wasn't just the cancer and the death that was pushing her away from him. She barely even knew the guy. She knew his name and that he came to the cafe often, but that was it. She didn't know how old he was or what he was like or his history or family or anything really! But yet he had already kissed her. She just wanted to know him first. And part of her was afraid that she wouldn't.

"I can tell you that I'll try not to push you away, but I can't promise that. I just.. It hard to explain. I mean, this is crazy! I don't even know you or anything about you! Plus the cancer does add more to it. I just don't know if it's the right idea, but I can try not to push you away. As long as we just take things slow. We are friends.. okay?"

The girl sighed as she slowly pulled herself up from the booth and stood beside Orion. She scratched her neck before slowly walking out of the cafe with him, making sure to grab her bag and book this time. "So how are we getting there? Are we going to walk? How far is it?"

Orion Davis
He sighed and then smiled.

"I'm ok with us just being friends for now. I'll apologize for kissing you the other night. I was being a bit hasty. I'm sorry if I scared you. That's the last thing I want...I am sorry for all the stupid things I did to you that might have embarrassed you. However, I won't apologize for these feelings I have. Even if you never return them, I'm ok with that..."

As they got up and left the cafe, she spoke up asking him how they'd get to the library. He smiled.

"We can walk. It's just a couple blocks away from here. However, a lot of people have a hard time finding it because it is in the last building you'd expect...Just follow me and we'll get to it quickly"

As they started to walk to the library, he looked over at her.

"Since I really don't know a whole lot about you, I hope you don't mind me asking you a couple questions. First, what is your family situation like? Do you have any siblings? I am an only child so I'll answer that question for you now. Also, my parents were a bit religious where as I wasn't so much and so I kinda rebelled and did some stuff I'm not proud of. I'm still recovering from that kind of lifestyle, which is why I have my dog. He helps me overcome my urge to go back to old habits. However, that is also how I got kicked out of my parents house as soon as I turned 18...How about you?"

aria-montgomery-beautiful-hair-long-hair-Favim.com-2056854.jpg
Cassandra Jones
Cass chuckled a little as she slowly walked outside into the cool, fresh air with Orion. She smiled at the feeling, but she couldn't help but pull her warm sweater close to her and shiver. She nodded a little at his words, mostly distracted. It was for sure that she was in a lot better mood to know that they were still friends and definitely glad that he would be taking it a lot slower now.

As they walked, she heard him speak up beside her, causing her to glance to the side and look at him curiously. She had to give him credit for trying to get to know her, she just wasn't sure what all she could say about her family.

"Well, I use to live with my mom and my dad, but when I was younger my mom passed away and so I switched between my abusive dad and my depressed grandma. Eventually I moved in with my grandma and then when she passed away I was put in the foster program. I got adopted when I was fifteen and I was diagnosed. I have a younger brother that lives a few hours away. And I think that's about all."

"My foster parents didn't want me to move out and come here. They wanted me to do college there so they could be there if something happened, but I wanted to get away from there so I moved here. And here I am."

Cassandra chuckled a little as she looked back towards Orion for a minute, but she then turned back so she could see where she was walking. She stared down at the sidewalk as she spoke up again.

"So are you in college or what? How old are you and whatnot? If you don't mind me asking."

1166628524_1024x768_channing-tatum-photo.jpg

Orion Davis
Walking along side her, he looked to her as she asked him more questions. He chuckled.

"I'm done with college...for now...Still trying to decide if I want to go back to get a degree in Nutrition. I got my certificate to be a personal trainer, which is what I do now. I work at the gym across from the library, which is why I know where the library is. I am 21 years old and I definitely don't mind you asking. Now, here's another couple questions for you. One, have you ever had a boyfriend before? Two, are you a cat or a dog person?"

Walking across the street, they arrived at the gym. Crossing the street again, they were just about there. They would be there in a few minutes.

aria-montgomery-beautiful-hair-long-hair-Favim.com-2056854.jpg
Cassandra Jones
Cassandra chuckled at the man who walked beside her who seemed to quickly answer her questions without even thinking about it. She nodded at his answers approvingly, wondering if she should tell him how old she was. She was only nineteen, but her birthday was coming soon so she would soon only be a year younger than him. Shrugging mentally, she turned to answer his questions.

"Well, I am nineteen for one, but I'm almost twenty; yay for birthdays... not. As for a boyfriend, I have in fact had a few. Nothing serious before I was diagnosed with cancer. At the time I was dating this guy named Matthew, but after my first chemo treatment we broke up. He was the only serious boyfriend I had. But I haven't dated in awhile. Treatment and school has kept me busy. As for cats or dogs, I love both, but I am completely a dog person. I have my little Princess who keeps me company. "

Cass chuckled at how silky her words sounded as she said them aloud. She could only be truthful though. If people didn't accept her for who she was, she couldn't change that. And she wasn't changing anytime soon so that she would be accepted. She would rather be herself and be accepted by a few than to be someone she wasn't and be accepted by all.

"Alright, my turn. One: Do you want to travel or settle down in one spot? Two: What's your middle name? And three: Hmm, why a personal trainer?"

Status
Not open for further replies.